[Discontinued] BEN Drowned X...

Galing kay Miuu-Chan

Discontinued Story Posted cover photos and art can be found on my Deviantart account: http://miuu-chan.devian... Higit pa

Introductions
Chapter 1: Distorted Little Dream
Chapter 2: I Nominate You
Chapter 3: That's gonna leave a mark..
Chapter 4: Point Blank
Chapter 5: The Inmate
Chapter 6: Bad Dream after slumber- reality.
Chapter 7: Hospital Dilemma
Chapter 8: A whole new light
Chapter 9: Memory Lane
Chapter 10: Couple?!
A/N:
Chapter 11- Tipping the Balance
Chapter 12: Cosplays
Author's Note #2
I'm Sorry.
ben

Chapter 13: Choice of Compassion

630 24 7
Galing kay Miuu-Chan

The majority picked Choice B. Thank you all for voting!

~Earlier that evening~

                    Tim slowly adjusted the quality of his camera. He stood high up on a rooftop. Eyes and Lenses trained to a certain (H/C)-haired girl as she wandered lostly in the alley. Innocently wandering, not knowing what exactly she was getting herself into as she flashed light from her phone.

He pressed down on a button, the camera made a little beep sound and a led light went from dull grey to red. He started to record. Then, he shifted the focus to the crowd of people on the other end of the alley. More specifically, to a group of 4 people who was scouting around the area. They blended in well, he thought. But he knew perfectly well who they were and why they were here.

Unit 07.

If given the chance, Tim wouldn't hesitate on shooting that group of people- wretched monsters. If only he could get away with murder that easily.

                    The wind was cold, howling every once in a while. But thanks to it and the gentle whirring of a rooftop engine, the sound below was slightly muted. He felt the hairs on his arms stand due to it's cold caress. The cold had numbened him, he couldn't even feel that rough, leathery strap of the camera that was firmly wrapped around his hands.

It was a night where not even the moon was brighter than the festive lamps and candles that was lit in the streets. From where he stood, there were less people below and less noise. It unnerved Tim who, in all his life, was surrounded by the sound of crunching leaves, snapping twigs, and his own ragged breathing while he runs through the woods or through narrow paths.

For in these moments, the buzzing of static would follow. The monotonous beeps of the camera would pick up the pace as it lags while recording. It was almost as if this camera and he was one. Both grows hazy and panicked under pressure. Silence doesn't give him a sense of serenity. Silence is so easily shattered. But the anticipation of what's going to shatter it is a different matter.

He began to lose focus because of the fear growing inside him. He forced his shaky hand to stay still as sweat dripped down the side of his face, there was this heavy feeling in his head.

He hastily dug around his pockets with his free hand. Then, he pulled out a small, plastic pill bottle. He opened the lid with his thumb and popped in two, white pills into his mouth. He chewed them whole and dryly downed it. It tasted foul for him, but he was used to the ransid taste of his medication.

He grimaced, but sighed in relief. When will he stop depending on these pills? He raised his camera again, seeing how it blurs until it gets to a relatively medium-quality. Unjusting his grip and aim.

But that subtle relief didn't last too long.

                    He felt an intimidating presence grow behind him. He wasn't alienated to these type of presences, he knew it too well. Static filled his mind, the pills were unfortunately overpowered immediately. Static is the very embodiment of his fear. It's not just a noise that 'He' makes. It's an eerie noise that he would remember 'til the day he dies. It follows him whenever he feels at edge.

He slowly but casually lowered the camera and slipped his hand into a holster near his waist. Gripping the hilt of a gun, hidden. The subtle beeps of his camera got lost in the air, drowned out by the thumping of his heart.

"Tim."

                    An unexpected voice startled him from behind. Tim whipped around to meet a person. He almost pulled the trigger on them, it was one twitch away. But he immediately stopped himself from doing so once he saw a set of infamous and familiar red and black eyes.

"BEN." Tim breathed out a long sigh of relief.

He was surprised to see an old friend. He stuffed the pistol back inside it's holster. "I told you, just call me Masky! Someone might be listening." He snapped. "What brings you here?" He asked in a more collected tone. His anxiety slowly fading away.

"I'd ask you the same question." BEN walked towards the end of the balcony, beside Tim. "I'm here for unfinished business." He said, staring down at shadows. At the girl.

                    Tim loosened the strap around his hand. Setting the camera on top of the railings so that it was facing them, careful not to drop it.

"Wouldn't want to let this moment be forgotten." Tim grinned a little, slowly pulling back from the railings.

BEN looked at the camera for a moment. "Can't believe that thing still works." He said, grinning a little.

Tim scoffed. Sending an accusing stare over to BEN. "Yeah, no thanks to you. Now it does this stupid beeping sound every 10 seconds! You had to drop it down-"

"Save us both the trouble, I was there, no need to retell it again." BEN nonchalantly interrupted. Tim followed the blonde's gaze begrudgingly. He noticed that recognition was written all over his face as he looked at the girl then back at him. Even the neutral face he always had was overpowered by a look of unusual sullenness.

"It's unusual to see you just wandering around." Tim commented. "Whatever your plan is now, it must be either important or tedious."

"It's both. And you're disrupting my plans." BEN shot the brown haired boy a look. But Tim didn't notice that he had been given a foul look, as he was accustomed to seeing it on the blonde's face. "Leave. Unless you want a pair of crippled legs you can't run with." BEN threatened.

"Cruel as always." Tim grinned a bit. "I saw the news and immediately knew it was you. But who's the girl?" Tim asked, pointing at the girl down below who was now affectionately petting a mangled alley cat.

".. An acquaintance." BEN stiffly said. Using that term to describe (Y/N) was something he never expected to do up until now. The word felt sour when he said it.

                    Tim lightly scoffed. "If she's really just another one of your 'acquaintances', then you won't mind, right?" He said, withdrawing the pistol once again, pointing at the girl once more. Tim followed her as she walked aiming for her head.

BEN gave him an uninterested look. But Tim continued to test BEN's temper.

The girl came to a subtle halt and crept towards a corner. Seemingly straining herself to listen to something from it. Tim slowly curled his index finger into the trigger. The gun made a very small clicking sound.

Tim didn't pull the trigger, however. He was waiting for a reaction from BEN, which he didn't get.

BEN lightly shook his head, stealing the gun away from Tim. He unloaded the gun with two clicks and let the ammo fall to the ground and roll away.

Tim let out an exasperated sigh. He leaned forward on the railings, propping his elbows over the rusty bars. "I see that you still don't know how to threaten someone properly." He jested.

"Shut up." He drawled. "Anyways, BEN. I need you to do me a favor.", he said. BEN stayed silent, wordlessly signaling for Tim to continue with a single look.

"We both want revenge." Tim grimly said. "It's just one small thing, but it'll play a big part. After that, you won't see me ever again." He added a fiery glint lit up in those dark brown eyes of his.

"Not seeing you either means the Operator got to you first or someone else got to you and they're coming after me next. And that doesn't exactly put me to ease." BEN stated. "So, no."

"Great, we'll meet tomorrow at the- What? 'No'?" Tim had a baffled and surprised look on his face. "Give me one good reason as to why I should help." BEN said, busying himself by gazing at the glossiness of the pistol under the moonlight.

"I could give you a thousand reasons as to why you shouldn't turn my offer down! One of them being your lack of strategy and recklessness." Tim argued. BEN smirked. "Plan or no plan, I always win." He cockily said.

"That cockiness of yours is what got you in this whole ordeal!" Tim stated. "Well, unless you classify incarceration as a form of 'winning'.", he jested.

BEN plainly answered with a small frown. Silence had followed after.

".. Why are you with her?" Tim asked, Curiousity evident in his face.

"With her? I don't know what you're talking about." BEN denied.

"I saw you dragging that girl around town. You almost had me fooled too, you looked awfully ecstatic. If it weren't for those pair of eyes, I would have mistook you for a stranger having a lovely stroll around town with his lady friend." The brown haired boy said with a smirk.

"Ridiculous." BEN said. "Would it make a difference if I tell you?"

Tim lightly scoffed. "Of course it will. Knowing is half the battle, BEN." He answered with a small grin. "I'm just curious. Anyone would know just by looking at you that you're not the type to just hang around. Less likely with a girl- a pretty one at that." Tim mused. A sly smirk was plastered to his face.

"Tim, we're murderers. Not petty highschool boys." BEN deadpanned. "If you're assuming that I have some sort of relationship with her, then you're being preposterous." He added with a scowl.

But behind that scowl was a flurry of repressed emotions that Tim didn't know of.

BEN gave Tim, who only smirked at him, another sour look.

"If you really want to know, she's the one who helped me escape." BEN said, changing the topic.

BEN knew that he's just using the whole rescue thing as a false belief. After all, he could manage on his own.. Right? He could have broken out without anyone's help, so why did he wait for that girl to walk into his prison? Was it perhaps fate that persuaded him to wait for the right moment at that time? Or was it all just a mere coincidence?

Tim perked up. "I knew it!" He mumbled to himself with a thoughtful expression. "(E/C) eyes... I saw her in that same day! In the woods.." He munbled to himself.

"You and your eye fetish." BEN grinned. "It's not a fetish!" Tim defended.

"Eyes are the focal point of the camera. It's the first thing you notice." He continued. BEN scoffed at him, but he can't help but agree.

After all, he did sneak in a few glances at (Y/N)'s way. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't looking at those crystalline (E/C) eyes of hers.

"So, who does she work with?" He eagerly asked upon the little revelation.

"No one. She didn't even know such a prison existed. Furthermore, she didn't even know that she helped a murderer escape until the hospital incident." BEN answered.

Tim snorted. "Don't be ridiculous. Of all the days, It's not like some random girl would just happen to be nearby while a top security prison, in the middle of the woods, when a extremely rare breakout was happening, and just waltz in and help a criminal escape without even knowing it." He said.

BEN gave him a dry look.

"... Oh." Was the only thing Tim could say.

                    Their conversation was cut short once they heard a sharp metallic clang from down below. A garbage can was toppled by a cat that hissed and ran away. The girl backed away as another figure came into view. It must have have been too dark for the girl to see, but up where BEN and Tim was at, they could see it all more clearly. Be it by the moonlight or by their vigilant eyes that were exellently accustomed to the darkness.

BEN observed the two of them. (Y/N) and James Ivory. BEN sent a resentful stare at the brown-haired boy down below who seemed to hopelessly reach for (Y/N) who ran away upon being noticed by him.

In his mind, BEN had already discovered 13 new and creative ways to mutilate James. He had subconsciously started to repeatedly pull the trigger. Even though it was unloaded.

                    "You can't stop the whole facility. Not with a girl, not by yourself. I'm offering you help." Tim said, disrupting BEN and his thoughts. "So, 'you helping me or not? You do owe me a favor, you know." He held up a hand for BEN to take.

BEN pondered this. "I owe Tim a favor, not Masky." He said.

Tim had a plastic mask attached to his belt. He lowered his hand and brought it up to his face and held it over himself for a brief moment. Then lowered it again so that he could further see the details of the mask.

It was still pearly white after all that it had been through. It had a few scratches here and there, had soulless black-clothed orbs for eyes, an expressionless pair of brows, and dark lips that were set to a permanent, thin line.

Tim sighed. "Fine. Then, what can I- 'Masky' do to get you to help?" He asked, quoting the name 'Masky' with his fingers. His tone slightly dripping with ridicule.

"Keep watch of her." BEN pointed to (Y/N) who was already running away, getting herself lost into the sea of people. "I'm not a baby sitter." Tim remarked in a lazy and sluggish manner.

"Just keep her limbs attached to her torso." BEN said nonchalantly, just for the sake of cutting off away some of the seriosity in the air. "As long as you keep her from bleeding, I'll keep in mind the favor I'll owe." He added in a more serious note.

Tim sighed. He knew BEN was never one to make promises, unless it is a threat. But if he does promise, he really means it. And this is better than nothing.

"Fine. Give me the gun." He said, BEN complied and gave the boy his weapon.

                    The brown-haired boy walked away from BEN without another word and reloaded his gun. But before he could leave, he stopped in his tracks. "Let's meet before midnight then." He said, subtly waving his hand goodbye.

"It's been years, BEN. And you're still amazingly alive- er, well, 'living'- after the shit we went through." Tim said. "And I see that you're still not very good at hiding your jealousy." He also added with a sly grin before opening a metal door and going down a set of stairs. Leaving BEN in the rooftop.

"Jealousy..?" BEN asked aloud, his tone venomous. ".. Impossible." He scoffed.

BEN was very well aware of James who was eying him from down below. He shifted his gaze, seeing the look on the boy's face, his enemy's face. He could recognize a look of determination on his face. But... There was something else mixed with it. Was it pity? Guilt?

BEN turned around without another word. Leaving through the same set of stairs Tim used earlier.

~Back in the Present~

Your P.O.V

What should I do?

I don't have my bag, I can't just call anyone, and most of all, I can't just leave a wounded person here. Er.. Well, ghost. But still!

"Tim.. What should we do?" I turned around to see the mysterious boy still pick pocketing the corpse. "Hm? Oh. Err.. I don't know anything about fixing up a wound, sorry."  The brown-haired boy tittered.

".. Go." BEN ordered. But he and I both knew he wasn't in a position to push me away now. His once reserved expression contorted into a pained one as he tugged down at his shirt- or what was left of it- unhappily.

His frown deepened once he tilted his head down to look at the wound. I stared as he gingerly touched it, only to inflict more pain and make it sting more.

                    I stared at the wound across his chest. I felt nauseous seeing it, my heart also seemed to have dropped in a pained way. As if it was sharing the pain. His shirt was ripped, exposing his bare and wounded upper torso.

"Well? Are you just going to sit there like an idiot and stare?" BEN's words were coated with harshness. It would be lying if I said I just ignored it and felt unaffected.

"What will happen to you if I just leave you here?" I hesitantly asked.

"..." BEN didn't answer right away. He knew he couldn't just wait and bleed here either. Instead, he leaned back, repositioning himself and slumping more into the wall behind him.

"Well... He's dead. He can't die again. But the pain won't pass." Tim spoke up from behind. I glanced over my shoulder to see him sitting in the ground, reloading his gun.

BEN's eyes were all but happy. All the kindness from earlier had disappeared. But all the intimidation that I felt about him faded away almost instantly when I remembered the face of a crying little boy from years ago. That was enough motivation for me.

No one deserves this type of treatment.

                    I gripped the hem of my shirt and with one motion, ripped a portion of it off. Now my lower left side was revealed. Without the warmth that part of my shirt provided, it was colder as the wind passed us by. But that's the least of my problems. I hesitated.

                    I shook my head like I was shaking away my thoughts, preventing it from getting in the way. I silently sat down before BEN and dabbed at the wound. Immediately, the color red had stained it. BEN flinched and immediately gripped by wrist as if I was attacking him.

BEN's hands were cold as ice. It was like a bell momentarily chimed as the coldness had touched my skin. He looked me straight in the eye. "What are you doing." He asked, alarmed. Well, his question sounded more like a statement, really.

"What do you think? I'm trying to help you." I answered, trying to keep calm. It was really uncomfortable having to be so close that our faces were only a few inches away from each other. I could tell that he was uncomfortable as well. Though I think I'm just imagining the faint, rosy color that was dusted on his cheeks.

"Just because I 'saved' your life doesn't mean you have to return the favor later on. You do know that I was the one who caused all of this, right?" BEN sneered.

His grip was getting tighter and tighter until it was getting slightly painful. I felt the pins and needles sensation on my hand as the blood circulation was cut by his grasp.  The pain from my upper arm was still there from when it was twisted. But by the looks on his face, I don't think he was aware he was doing that.

I twitched my numb fingers and muttered a small "ow". His facial expression softened a bit and he loosened his grip on my wrist.

".. Don't test my temper." BEN bellowed, fully letting go of my wrist and letting his hand fall to his side.

I don't know how to explain this. But, I feel less wary. Is it because I'm seeing this person in such a vulnerable state? Where anyone can just attack him? Was it because he was being kind earlier? No.. No, it's more than that. It's strange how I feel connected to him somehow.

I'll sulk about my strange case of Stockholm Syndrome later. Right now, I should do something.

"You could have let the ceiling fall on me. You would have chopped off my head with the saw. And yet you didn't." I said.

Once again, I raised the piece of red-stained cloth in my hand and gently dabbed at the wound. But this time, BEN didn't do anything. He just sat, refusing to look my way as he serenely closed his eyes.

"This wound looks re-opened.." I subconsciously said aloud, breaking the momentary silence. "It's been re-opened three times now." BEN plainly answered my question. My eyes softened upon hearing this.

"Don't give me that look. I'm fine, you on the other hand, need to get out of here. Before you get hurt too." He opened his eyes and shot me a scowl.

I saw BEN glance over my shoulder at Tim. And in the next split second, I swear on my life that he had grown a tad bit redder as a more vicious yet somehow held back glare was sent past me to Tim.

"But doesn't that hurt a lot?" I asked, once again, my tongue acted faster than my brain.

BEN still seemed to be a bit flustered, refusing to look any where near me. "Just go." He spat like a stubborn child. I sighed. It seemed like he was somehow wordlessly bickering with Tim.

I look back at Tim. But it seemed that he was doing nothing. He was just grinning like a madman- well, not the 'I'm-going-to-kill-both-of-you-after-I'm-done-laughing' type of grin. But the teasing one that you'd give a friend.

"I told you to wait. Tim told you to stay put. You never listen, do you?" BEN's tone sounded a lot less aggressive upon saying this.

"I can't just stand and do nothing!" I  exlaimed. "Rule number 1. No one's leaving anyone." I mumbled.

"I think you misunderstood that rule." BEN gave me another one of his indecipherable looks for a moment. Then sighed. "... Just don't don't it again." He scolded.

Somehow, I'm feeling deja vu. It feels like something like this happened before. It felt like something in my head clicked just now.

"Just don't do it again."

BEN's voice echoed. And everytime it did, the tone got softer and more pitched. Until I heard the voice of a little boy in my head. Only a voice. Other than that, there was nothing but that voice. 

It was like something was blocking me from trying to recall where I heard those set of words before. It's distressing.

I snapped myself out of my thoughs and momentarily stopped wiping the blood off BEN's torso. There wasn't much I could do..

I glanced at his face which was also splattered with blood. Be it by his own blood or John's. Crimson paint was almost artistically painted across his left jaw to his eyes. But it could never rival the unnatural malevolence of his eyes. Those unearthly yet somehow ethereal orbs of his.

It got darker. Clouds passed by the moon, limiting the light. His red eyes glowed even more. I felt a drop of water on the top of my head, sliding down my scalp. Then another. Until the pitter-patter of the rain that fell to the ground sounded in the air in a soft and weak way. This might be the lightest rain I've ever witnessed yet. Also, I hadn't noticed until now the rain- or lack of rain from earlier when we got out of the cafe earlier. I was too distracted with everything, huh.

                   I don't know how much time has passed. It felt like we've been here for a while. But in truth, it must have been only a few minutes. My cheeks and fingers began to feel number and colder by the second. The silence was unbearable, so I started up a conversation.

".. Tell me more about this girl you're trying to find." I said. BEN shifted his gaze and met with my eyes.

"Girl?" Tim curiously repeated.

"It's none of your business, Tim." BEN coldly said.

"Come on... We've been buds for years now, right? You can tell her and me." Tim jested.

"You left your camera on the rooftop." BEN nonchalantly said. Tim froze.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" The brown-haired boy exclaimed, scrambling up to his feet. He hastily shoved his pistol into a holster on his waist and ran off without another word.

                   Silence enveloped the air as we waited until Tim's footsteps faded off. I thought that BEN would make a rude or cold reply, but instead, the corner of his lips twitched up into a small grin. I may never tell if it was a grin of mockery or warmth. Maybe it's both.

"You just opened up a conversation that may never end." He paused, looking away. But I did notice him sneak a few glances my way while I was busying myself with his wound. "You're very much like her." He said. "Both of you are idiots for being around the wrong people." He added in a scolding tone. The curiously fell from my face and was replaced with a peeved expression.

"Who are you calling an idiot?" I snapped a little bit harshly. Realizing this, I wanted to say that I didn't mean to snap by impulse. I wanted to apologize, but instead I let my own words sink in.

He didn't look surprised at my outburst, however. He seemed to have expected that kind of reply from me. Which made me feel somewhat guilty and embarassed. My face softened.

"I'm not sorry, Asshat." I muttered. The word 'accidentally' slipped from my mouth.

"Well, that's one difference." BEN thoughtfully said, an expression of faint warmth crossed his features. "She did call me with whatever ridiculous names she could come up with. And it got infuriating." He said with a sigh. ".. But I can never stay upset." His voice trailed. I couldn't pick up a single trace of even a fragmental lie.

                   Droplets of water stained my shirt darker and cascaded down my locks of hair, collecting at the tips. A cool breeze passed us by, refreshing my lungs and overpowering the metallic
scent of blood. The wind sent a wave of new found calmness within me.

I felt a particularly colder droplet of rain slide down on my cheeks and to my jawline as I look at him with sadness and sympathy.

"What's her name?" I asked.

BEN was about to speak, but he pursued his lips. ".. Her name?" He slowly said. "If I told you the truth, you'd think I'm lying. And if I lied, you'd believe me. You won't know if I'm lying or not then. There isn't any straight answer to your question." He stalled.

"You're avoiding the question." I sighed. "Fine. But once I find this girl, I'm going to tell her how uncooperative you've been." I said, trying to lighten up the mood a little bit with a grin.

"Rule 3, learn to get along. Remember?" Silence followed after my words. Not an uneasy one, but a somehow pleasant one.

I shook my head. "You should stop being so melodramatic, it doesn't suit you."

"Sometimes I wonder if it's merely just blithe that's fueling your freedom of speech." He frowned. ".. Or if it's true kindness." BEN mumbled, but I heard. The blonde looked at me, breaking my momentary serenity.

He was about to speak again. But then paused, darting his eyes between the alleyways as if something had alerted him. Making him change the next set of words he was gonna say.

"People are coming this way."

                   My ears picked up on a faint sound. The advantageous thing about being here is that things echoed. I heard heavy footsteps splashing at puddles and clopping against the alley ground. People were coming in, fast. I stood up. I didn't know where exactly it was coming from since there were about 3 different turns.

"Can you stand?" I asked BEN. He tried to stand, but he couldn't. His knees buckled down below him and he slumped down to the ground with a grunt. He frowned upon himself.

"Guess not." I exhaled. I hesitantly walked over to him and slung his arm into my shoulders. Feeling and hearing the sound of rain lightly falling on my head and shoulders. Before BEN could open his mouth to protest or make a remark, I interrupted him.

"Hurl your empty threats later, after we get out of here." I said. He grimaced as I slowly but surely helped him get to his feet with a small grunt. Sharing his weight with me. More blood seeped from his wound upon moving.

                   "Where do we go?" I asked BEN. He seemed to look around, as if seeing beyond the darkness.

"Left."

The path was narrower than before. We were so slowly walking, I tried my best not to move brashly so that the wound won't get any worse. But it seemed that my efforts only helped a little. Every step seemed to have opened or created a new cut in which blood can seep through.

The footsteps and voices got louder until it sounded like whoever's chasing us was in our previous spot.

"Blood. It leads there." I heard the distance voice of a man. I tensed.

I turned around to see a couple of people look this way. One or two of them turned on the flashlights. Scanning this way. Me and BEN had to sidle in a wall before the beams of light reached us. There weren't any corners or shadows we could safely hide in.

"Hey!" A distant and more familiar voice mockingly beamed. I couldn't see him, but I'm definitely sure that voice belonged to Tim.

"Go after him!" A girl's voice ordered. Their attention was diverted from the path that leads to us.

I tensed, trying to walk- or limp faster as carefully as I can. BEN flinched beside me, so I slowed down.

"It's fine, no need to slow down." He seethed, gritting his teeth because of the pain. I felt his hand grip my upper arm tightly for support.

I felt blood on my skin, cascading down on my arm.

                   I glanced over my shoulder to see silhouttes of people pass by. It won't be long before they'll see go down this way and see us. I survey the area as I went deeper into the alleys. I could only make out items a few feet before me.

I felt a spark of hope ignite as I see balconies above and a long ladder leading up to each and up to the rooftop. "Up there," I whispered, helping BEN get to the ladder.

"Think you can climb?" I asked. BEN gripped the rusted bars of the ladder and went two-steps up. "I'll be fine." He lied through his teeth. On the third step up however, his right hand slipped and he almost lost balance.

I was about to ask if he was fine, but he cut me off. "I've been in worse." He grunted, going down the ladder and stepping out of the way. "Ladies first." He said.

I hesitantly agreed, going up the ladder. It felt like it would crumble under my weight and snap. Rusted metal bits and peeling paint stuck to my palms. But I got up to the first balcony with no trouble.

I rubbed my hands together, getting rid of rusted bits stuck to my palms. I leaned over and extended a hand to BEN. He was looking at the darkness and silhouettes. He appeared to be thinking. "BEN!" I called out. He ceased looking off into the distance and climbed up until he could hold my hand. Once again, like an electrical but mild shock, I felt his icy cold hands.

I helped him up the balcony. There were two more above us to go. I got to the second one again with no difficulty.

                   It was all going so well, until I felt a tingly sensation in my nose.  "Ch-...." I more heat rise up to my nose and cheeks as I cup my palms over my nose and mouth. 'No... No no no no...! Not now!', I panicked inside my head.

BEN was busying himself with climbing up while I desperately try not to sneeze.

I held my breath, drifting on and off with the feeling of wanting to sneeze. But fortunately, it seemed to have faded off after a few more moments. I sighed in relief. But as I did..

"Ah... -'Chu!" I sneezed rather loudly. My eyes widened as I brought my palms back to my face. My little

mistake echoed through the alleyways.

Only then did BEN noticed in surprise. He looked up at me. I felt my cheeks grow more warm and rosier out of embarassment.

"What was that?" Someone from the alleyways asked in alarm. We heard a momentary silence and waited in anticipation. Until we heard a choir of footsteps coming over our way. BEN had no more time to react. He continued to climb up.

As soon as he got to the 2nd balcony, I quietly but swiftly started climbing up to the 3rd one while footsteps got louder and louder. "Hurry!" I whispered to BEN, extending my hand to him. I felt my hair slide down from my shoulders by the pull of gravity. Blocking my line of vision with subtle strands that swayed back and forth.

BEN glanced back at our pursuers. But I didn't need to do the same just to know that they were nearer. He made a little leap over two ladder bars, reaching out to my hands.

.....

"There!" Said one of the group of men that passed by, down below. I meekly peeked through the rooftop railings to see them go further into the alleys, away from sight.

I let out a long sigh, letting out all the tension as I collapsed to my knees. We got up to the rooftop barely just in time. One or two more seconds and we would have been seen.

From across me, I see BEN listening closely as he leaned against the rooftop fences. A few moments passed by and it seemed that our pursuers were led deeper to the alleys and away from us.

BEN hung his head low, looking at his hands that were resting at his legs. He was trying to surpress a grin that played at his lips, but he started chuckling.

It surprised me, in an alarming way. It looked like he just suddenly lost his marbles back there. But he slightly raised his head up to reveal a smile eminating with amusement. Eyes that looked weakened earlier were twinkling.

"Wh-What's so funny?" I asked.

BEN seemed to struggle in straightening himself out. "..Y-You need to work on your sneezes. They're.." He started snickering once again. ".. Gonna get us killed." He bit down on his slightly quivering lip.

I grew red all over. "And yet you're laughing!" I fumed.

"So you prefer being scolded harshly then?" He said with a smirk. His chuckles fading.

Is this guy serious?!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

13.8K 169 28
An AU of Ben DROWNED being the daily introvert young adult protagonist looking for a job for the summer, his one and closest friend he calls Jack off...
316K 4.6K 23
Hello! Welcome to my book! By reading this you'll find out what its like to date these psychos. I'm sorry in advance for Out of character-ness and l...
4.5K 39 25
1 week, 7 days, 168 hours, 10080 minutes, and 604800 seconds. Was all you had left with your friend, Ben Lawman till his sacrifice by a cult called t...
786K 15.5K 44
Because psycho murderers would make great parents, don't ya think?! This isn't just for a female reader, but He/She. Here are the Creepypastas I've w...