Fool's Gold

By sonneights

Ruby was red. She was the flaming fire and I was burning inside her. Sapphire is blue. And with one gaze, h... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
Epilogue
New Story: End Of The Day
New Story: Memories!

28

3.1K 137 29
By sonneights

S a p p h i r e

Andrina was sitting on the couch watching TV, and she cleared her throat when she saw us at the door. It was awkward and I could feel the tension between her and Harry. So I closed the door again, making Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Why did you close the door?" He asked.

"I heard your little argument with Andrina back then. That's why I wanted to stay at yours. I didn't like how she talked to you."

"W-what? You heard all of it?"

"Kind of. I'm sorry, you weren't holding me anymore and I wanted to look for you, and when I was about to open the door, you guys were yelling."

"Shit, I'm so sorry for yelling at your best friend, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine. She deserved it."

"I ruined your friendship didn't I?" He looked down, tugging at his shirt.

"You didn't, Harry. It's fine. We'll fix it." I hugged him, hiding my face at the crook at his neck and he gently rubbed my back.

"Tell you what. You go fix things with Andrina, yeah? I don't want to ruin things between you two. I'll deal with her later, but don't let our tension effects your friendship. I understand that she did it because she cared about you. I'd do the same." See why I was completely falling for him? This was the side that people don't get to see from Harry. I loosen my grip, pouting.

"So you're not staying?"

"Oh baby," He chuckled then kissed my cheek, pulling me back to his tight grip. "I wanted to, trust me. It's the right thing to do, don't you think? You live with her, it'll make things even more complicated."

"I hate it that you're right." He let out a little laugh, messing my hair. "But you'll be here right away tomorrow, right?"

"Baby, I'll be the first one you see when you wake up. Don't lock your door, okay?" Then he kissed the top of my head. "Come here, give me a kiss." I giggled, pecking his lips. "More." Kiss. "More." Kiss. "Okay, now go before I keep you here all night. Bye, baby."

"Bye, Harry." I opened the door, shooting him one last smile.

Andrina was still at the same position and the same look on her face. Shit, I wasn't ready for this.

"Done with lover boy?" She suddenly greeted.

"Hi to you too, Andrina."

"Oh, you remember my name? It's been a long time."

"Will you just stop?" I yelled. I was never like this, especially to her. She was like a sister to me and avoiding her literally killed me. "He was the one who made me to talk to you. I wanted him to stay with me, instead he said that he didn't want to ruin our precious friendship, so you better shut up."

Her gaze softened and she let out a big sigh, something was coming. "Look, Sapphire," There it was. "I'm sorry."

"Go on," I said, walking to the couch.

"I'm sorry if I said those things to him while I didn't know anything about him. But that was the reason, I didn't know who he was, so I was afraid that you'd get hurt again."

"But it wasn't your choice to make, Andrina. Thank you that you felt that way, but I had to give him a chance. I had to give myself a chance." I scooted over, touching her shoulder. I miss my best friend.

"I know. I understand it now. Forgive me, Saph?"

"Apology accepted. I miss you these past few days," I smiled sadly and she pulled me into a hug. "But you have to say sorry to him also, Andrina. You hurt him too."

"Shit, I forgot that part." She loosened her grip.

"He'll understand. So I need you to wake up early tomorrow to open the door and let him into my room. I needed him to be the first thing I see when I wake up."

"Ugh, love birds. So enough with the sappy moment, now you have to spill the beans. Tell me what did you do with him, and why are you so attracted to him?"

I bit my lip and sigh. Of course I should tell her.

"I told him about Will."

"You told him about what?!"

"Yes. I didn't tell him the name Will, I just told Harry that the last relationship I've been ended like a total mess-"

"-no shit."

"And I told Harry how I was raped when he was drunk, and he left me for some other girl-"

"-I still wonder who's that bitch."

"Hush, she was pregnant. And so, I told Harry that if I wasn't the girl he thought. I was used; I'm not as good as he expected me to be. So I was just like 'you can leave if you want to' and he didn't say anything. I broke a little. But then he followed me in, and he said that he wanted to stay. He wanted us to work." I smile at the end. I remembered every second of it.

"Okay. Damn. My heart is aching. Did he really- did he even- fuck, I am truly sorry, Sapphire. But I'd still break his neck if he hurt you, okay?"

"I'm falling in love with him, Andrina."

-

H a r r y

9.25 pm

"Someone came home alone," I opened the door greeted by Jermaine. Shit, I forgot about him living with me. "Remember me?"

"Holy shit, J. I really didn't see that coming," We did our handshake then I collapsed on the couch taking the other controller. "Sorry, I've been busy lately."

"Dude, the whole campus is talking about you and Sapphire. No one has even seen you liked this before, even me. Banged her yet?" Fucking Jermaine and is over perverted brain.

"Don't talk about my girl that way." I pointed. "But no, I haven't."

"So you're going to? Man, you're impro- wait. She your girlfriend yet?"

"Well, I haven't-"

"Fuck! Are you out of your fucking mind? You haven't asked her yet? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Me? What the fuck is wrong with you? You're the fuck-and-leave one,"

"Because, my retarded friend, half of the guys are probably jerking over her since she's the new hot junior," What. The fuck. "I know you're in the romantic phase when it's all about the hearts and cupids shit, but I won't even deny it. Sapphire. Is. Fucking. Hot." I would've punched him in his balls, but this dude had a point.

"What? I didn't know she was that popular?"

"Until you're with her. She's the first girl you've ever been with since you got here, of course everyone was curious. Better keep the girl, Styles."

"Fuck. You're right. I'm taking her out tomorrow, so you better not be here when we got here, do whatever the fuck you do."

"That actually hurts."

"Do I look like I give a fuck? Whatever, I'm texting her."

"Looove you!" He teased as I was walking to my room. Freak.

I changed then tossed myself to bed, and she was all I think about. Sapphire. I really hope she'd sort things out with Andrina, though. She was like her mother; I needed a green light from her if I wanted to take things further with Sapphire without any awkwardness. I wanted no distraction. She must've thought that I'd leave and hurt her like the last guy did.

Sapphire. I wouldn't leave her, ever. I wouldn't take her for granted. I would hate myself if I do. Her past was bitter, but I didn't care.

I was a mystery, and she unraveled me with her smile, her laugh, and her bright blue eyes. I loved everything about her so much that my breathing gets heavy every single time I saw her. How I lost my self in each kiss she gave from our lips moving in sync. Fuck, those lips. If thinking of her was a dream, I'm never going to wake up.

I needed to tell her that I'd always be here to stay.

I needed to tell her that I want us to happen.

I needed to tell her that I was falling deeply in love with her.

Thank you for reading! I hope you guys would like to vote it & share it!! Keep reading and please don't be a silent readers :))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
17.8K 255 13
(cover artwork is not mine) marinette dupain-cheng is the new student in school, while she's just trying to make friends the "bad boy" adrien agreste...
573K 35K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
189 52 24
I opened my eyes and saw taehyung standing in front of me. He cleared his throat and I stood up. "When did you come in" I asked scratching the back o...