Let the Loving Begin

By babyblu96

This is the second book to The Game of Love so don't read unless you have read the first one. Now that I have... More

Let the Loving Begin
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Eleven Reload
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Three

1.8K 115 13
By babyblu96

Kameron POV

I didn't know if I should be happy or sad that my mom was finally getting out. I had lived most of my life without her now she was coming back and I didn't know how to react. When I was little I used to stay up at night wishing my mom was around to tuck me in or even read to me but now I was different. I wasn't a little boy anymore; shit I had my own kids coming. All I wanted was some time with Ariel so that we could hare in the good news, not only was she having my baby but she was coming with me to Atlanta. I just needed a minute to breathe and take all this shit in.

"You okay," Ariel asked as she sat down beside me on the bed. "Honestly I don't know I have been away from my mom for so long I don't know how to act around her anymore."

"Kameron she is your mom the same one that gave you birth and the same one that went to jail protecting you. All you got to do is find a way to reconnect with her so that you two can have that relationship you used to back."

"What if I can't do that," I asked looking at her. "There is no can't, you have to. Look I'm not saying you have to jump on her but I'm just saying give her a chance, she probably thought she would never get a chance like this again."

"Aight fine I will give her a chance," I said trying to believe my own words. "Good now get yo ass up we have to pick her up in two hours and it takes almost an hour and a half to get there," she said slapping me upside the head and going to the closet. I went to the bathroom and did my hygiene thing and then came out to get dressed. By the time I got done Ariel was still searching through clothes to wear like she was meeting somebody important. "Air will you just pick something to wear already?"

"Kameron this is a big deal, I have to wear something that won't make a bad impression."

"You have met my mom already and plus all she gonna be worried about is getting out of that damn hell hole." Finally she picked a pair of black jeans with a black tank and a black and white cardigan. She slipped on her black Toms and grabbed her purse. I was left standing there like what the hell since she chose nothing she had laid out which means she wasted my fucking time for nothing. I just shook my head and followed her out.

Once we finally pulled up outside the prison I was nervous as hell. There was no turning back now and I had to finally face my mom. I guess Ariel could tell I was nervous cause she grabbed my hand, "Just calm down and breathe baby. Everything will be okay I am right here," she said kissing my lips causing me to relax instantly. Soon the gate opened and my mom came walking out with her stuff in her hands. We got out the car and met her half way. "Hey mom," I said not knowing what to say. She didn't say anything as tears ran down her face; she dropped her stuff and grabbed me hugging me tight. For a moment I didn't know what to do but eventually I hugged her back. We stood like that for a while until we pulled back. "I can't believe I finally got to hug you after all these years," she said wiping her tears away. "Yea me neither." She then turned to Ariel, "And you, you are just as beautiful as the first time I met you. Honestly I didn't think you would be able to put up with him for this long," she said smiling. "He can't get rid of me that easily," Ariel said smiling at me.

We got back in the car and headed back home. The ride was very quiet mostly because it was really weird. When we got back to our place we got out and headed inside. "So mom your room is down the hall and tomorrow I will set you up with your own place."

"Don't worry about me sweetie I already have a place lined up but I do want you to meet with me for dinner tonight," she said looking at me and smiling. "Where will you stay then?"

"Somebody I knew in my past life helped me out when they found out I was getting out. All I need you to worry about it is getting to dinner tonight, it's important. Here's the address be there at seven I'll be waiting." With that she left like nothing was going on. All I know is I had a bad feeling about this so called dinner tonight.

The rest of the day me and Ariel just chilled until it was time for this stupid dinner. When it came time for us to get ready we both hopped in the shower together. Of course that put us behind schedule since we couldn't keep our hands off each other. Once we finally got out we went to get dressed. Ariel got dressed in a tight black dress that stopped at her knees with her black red bottoms. She let her lay down straight and she put on her make up. I put on black True Religion jeans with a white polo and timbs. I wasn't really up for this dinner but I was doing it because I promised Ariel I would give her a chance.

When we got to the restaurant it was actually very nice which only made my suspicions about my raise. I wanted to know what the hell this was all about. Why the hell we couldn't do whatever the hell this is in private? I was getting tired of playing fucking pretend. We told the girl our name and she showed us to our table where my mom was waiting like she promised. She had changed her look drastically; when we picked her up he looked rough but now she had her hair in big curls and she was wearing a red dress that didn't leave much to the eye. I wanted to know where the hell she was getting the money for all this shit.

We sat down and she smiling like everything was okay. "Okay mom we are here can we get whatever this is over with."

"Not yet son we are waiting for one more person," she said drinking from her drink. Now I was at my breaking point, "Tell me why the hell I am here before I leave," I said getting agitated. I guess she saw I was serious because she put her drink down and straightened up. "I don't know who you think you are talking to but I am still your mother. Don't let the way I look fool you I can still come across this table and beat yo high yella ass."

"And don't let the way I'm keeping control of my temper fool you. I do not need a mother anymore especially one who is keeping secrets from me. I no longer have time to be dragged into your got damn bullshit or anyone else's." she looked at me and glared but before she could say anything she was interrupted. "Sorry I'm late traffic was horrible," a voice said making me clench.

"Collin," Ariel said standing up. "What are you doing here?"

"I told him to come," my mom said standing up. "And why the hell would you do that," I asked getting angrier. "I know I may not be the best the person but I have had a lot of time to think about this and I need to do this." Everyone sat down and waited for her to continue. "I know what I am about to say may hurt you and anger you but you both deserve to know this especially you Kameron."

"And what is that?"

"First, Collin is your older brother. When everything happened I was pregnant with you and I had to choose because I couldn't keep you both. So I decided to give Collin up, I had no choice."

"So you are telling me this asshole in front of me is my big brother?" she nodded. "You can't be my mom, my mom was Laura Wright and James Wright," Collin said. "No, your dad's name is Darius Wright."

"That wasn't the man's name I grew up with. What the hell are you taking about?"

"All I can tell you is that Ariel's dad and your dad had a packed something went wrong and Ariel's dad shot your dad. I didn't know I was pregnant until after everything happened but by then we had no money left. Ariel's dad made sure he took everything. So I contacted your dad's sister, who I knew couldn't have children, and asked her to take Collin. She said she would and I left with to find a bake up plan. That's when I met the man you thought to be your dad, he knew you weren't his but he didn't care as long as had me. That's why he treated you so badly but I needed him for his money. That night when I killed him it wasn't to protect you, it was to protect me. I got word Ariel's dad was still alive and looking for me I knew I had to get away."

"So you left me to fin for myself; you had me thinking I was the fucking reason you were in prison. For years I blamed myself for what happened."

"I know and I'm sorry but I knew you were safe and look at you I was right."

"Safe?! Do you know half the shit I had to fucking go through to get to this point and you want to talk about safe! This whole fucking time I thought you did everything for me to make sure I was protected and this whole damn time you were protecting your own damn self!" I said banging my fist on the table.

"You have to understand I was-"

"I don't have to understand shit! Everything that comes out of your fucking mouth is got damn lie!"

"I only lied to protect you."

"Are you fucking kidding me?! You lied to protect your damn self; you didn't give a fuck about me. Now what, you want me and this asshole to be brothers and like everything is fucking okay?"

"No offense brother but that would never happen."

"Damn right," I said standing up. He stood and came around the table and stood in front of me like I was supposed to be scared. "Nigga I suggest you backed the fuck up before I do it for you," I said reaching for Ariel's hand and pulling her up with me. He backed up and I looked at my so called mother, "Is my father dead?"

"I don't know when they went to find his body they couldn't find anything. Everyone just assumed he was dead." I nodded and took Ariel and we left. I had a feeling my mom getting out would be nothing but trouble but damn I hoped at least it wouldn't be true. I pulled up to our place, "Go inside I will be there soon."

"Where are you going?"

"I just need some time to think I will be home soon," I said not making eye contact. She grabbed my hand jaw forcing me to look at her, "Promise me you will not do anything stupid, promise me you will not do anything to jeopardize the future we can have."

"I promise," she nodded and got out of the car and went inside. When I knew she was safe I drove off to escape the reality and my hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 352 35
With the Betrayal of Nate. Natalie tries to move forward and forgive but with the past still coming forward and new obstacles. Can their love make it...
748K 40.5K 30
Sequel to One Night. Continue to follow Aria and Landon through possible love and parenthood while also getting to know their closest friends.
1.3K 248 29
*** This is book two in a series. YOU MUST READ The Prophecy first*** Ariella's life had changed drastically in the last month. Each day seemed to br...
42.7K 1.4K 41
Book Two. The continuation of the emotional roller coaster love story featuring Damian Romano and Leila Campbell.