Beneath the Sharps & Flats

Av Coffee_x_Lover

Violet Greene and Jace Gray could never be more different. He was at the top of the social food chain and she... Mer

♫Beneath the Sharps and Flats♫
♫Character List♫
♫Chapter 1- Running Into Mr. Player♫
♫Chapter 2- He Has Abs and I Have Flabs♫
♫Chapter 3- Gym With HIM♫
♫Chapter 4- The Perverted Pig Has an Appetite♫
♫Chapter 5- Revenge is Sweet Like Skittles♫
♫Chapter 6- Slow Down, Grab the Wall♫
♫Chapter 7- Partying Aftershocks♫
♫Chapter 8- Impersonating the President of China♫
♫Chapter 9- Pacts and Apologies♫
♫Chapter 10- Look Who has a Soft Side♫
♫Chapter 11- We Have a Serious Case of Ebola on Our Hands♫
♫Chapter 12- I Will Leap on you Like a Freaking Spider Monkey♫
♫Chapter 13- You're Giving Me a Headache♫
♫Chapter 14- Bribe Me With the Greene♫
♫Chapter 15- It's Time to Pull up Your Big Girl Panties♫
♫Chapter 16- Stage Lights and Nerve-wracking Nights♫
♫Chapter 17- I Don't Like You That Way♫
♫Chapter 18- Taylor's Confession♫
♫Chapter 19- The Cat's Finally Out of the Bag♫
♫Chapter 20- I Just Might have to Beat the Skittles out of You♫
♫Chapter 21- I'm Small, but I'm Mighty♫
♫Chapter 22- Oh Shit on Toast Not Again!♫
♫Chapter 24- Letting Him Go♫
♫Chapter 25- Reminising in Good Memories♫
♫Chapter 26- Secrets Secrets are no Fun Unless you Share with Everyone♫
♫Chapter 27- The Thrill of the Chase♫
♫Chapter 28- Little Elf Faces are Creepy and Haunt Your Dreams♫
♫Chapter 29- Truth or Dare? Which One do you Choose?♫
♫Chapter 30- Knowing the Truth♫
♫Chapter 31- Jessica's Revenge♫
♫Chapter 32- Everyone Acts Strange When They Have Something to Hide♫
♫Chapter 33- Juilliard♫
♫Chapter 34- Look Who's Changed the Game Now?♫
♫Chapter 35- Chivalry Isn't Dead♫
♫Chapter 36- Lights Out♫
♫Chapter 37- I See Things in Black and White♫
♫Chapter 38- When They Said the Dark Side Had Cookies, They Were Lying♫
♫Chapter 39- No One Can Hear, No Matter How Loud I Scream♫
♫Chapter 40- If You Love Someone, Let Them Go♫
♫Chapter 41- I Open My Eyes to More Darkness♫
♫Chapter 42- Sometimes, Change Can Be a Good Thing♫
♫Chapter 43- Stolen Kisses and Surprises♫
♫Chapter 44- It's Time to Shake My Fear♫
♫Chapter 45- I Take it We're Back Together Now?♫
♫Epilogue- Beneath the Sharps and Flats♫

♫Chapter 23- Who Knew Jessica Had a Mean Punch?♫

403 18 23
Av Coffee_x_Lover

WARNING: This chapter contains some violence and more use of offensive language. You may skip this part if you choose to, but keep reading if you dare. You have been warned.

_____________________________

Chapter Twenty-Three

On a typical Monday morning, I would probably hit snooze on my alarm clock, roll over in bed, and drift back into sleep for another thirty minutes. When my alarm clock would go off again, I would groggily check the time, then immediately snap out of my comatose state, and rush to get ready.

            This morning, however, that was not the case.

            I barely got a wink of sleep last night because my brain wouldn't shut down. My mind kept replaying different scenarios that would occur and how I should approach Jace with this. It was one of those mornings where I was already wide awake at five in the morning staring at my ceiling and digging my own grave. It was one of those mornings where I shut my alarm clock off before it even went off.

            I was up and brushing my teeth at six thirty in my bathroom.

            I decided to go with a nicer appearance today just for the special occasion: some dark washed skinny jeans with some of my brown combat boots, and a gray tank top to go underneath my white cardigan. I curled my hair in loose ringlets, swept a brush of mascara over my eyelashes, and applied lip gloss to my mouth. Once I figured I looked presentable, I decided to tie the whole outfit together with my brown fedora which happened to be the same shade as my combat boots. I almost feel bad for my poor fedoras. I haven't worn them in forever.

            After moisturizing my dry hands with lotion and spritzing perfume all over myself, I grab my Vera tote and double cheek to see if I remembered to complete all of my homework and if I packed everything in the bag. I sigh in content. Luckily, it hasn't been one of those mornings when the first thing I do when I get out of bed is trip over my backpack.

            I bound down the stairs, pleasantly greeted with the aroma of blueberry pancakes and bacon. On cue, my stomach snarls and Blake looks up from the frying pan to smile at me.

            "What's the special occasion," he questions, eyeing my outfit.

            I shrug, "It's the first day I'm going to be back to school in a little over a week where I've been wearing nothing but sweatpants and baggy shirts. I felt like I needed to dress up."

            He rolls his eyes and turns his back to me to flip the pancakes, "Girls."

            He serves me a plate full of blueberry pancakes along with a side of bacon. After this, he hands me a glass of milk and some steaming hot syrup. My stomach growls again and I lick my lips.

            "Dig in, little sis," Blake chuckles, walking over to the refrigerator to drink orange juice out of the carton. I roll my eyes. It's like he never left.

            "Hey, by the way, do you need a ride to school today sine Taylor can't ... you know?"

            I shake my head as I shovel my first bite of pancakes in my mouth. I hold back a moan. I chew and wait until I swallow to reply; "Jace is actually giving us a ride."

            "Oh, I see," Blake scowls, "I honestly don't trust him to drive you guys."

            Anger blooms in my chest and I drop the fork on the table with a loud clang, "What is your deal with Jace anyway? He was as polite as ever to you and you were just a huge jackass!'

            Blake sighs, "Jace is a lot like me, Vi. He gets involved with bad people, drinks until he passes out, and sleeps around with innocent minded girls like you. He's not a good guy and I just don't want you getting hurt."

            My anger subsides as I realize that Blake is just trying to protect me, "Jace actually used to be a lot like that," I admit, "but he's gotten way better since we've started becoming friends. I haven't heard a word about one single party, or anything about his sex life, which he probably would have told me, and him and Colton actually broke away from their group of friends a while ago."

            "Who's Colton," Blake demands, completely ignoring everything else I said.

            "That's all you got out of everything I just said," I say disapprovingly, "He's Jace's best friend and Gen's boyfriend."

            If Blake is shocked, he doesn't show it, "Cool. Just please be careful, Vi. I don't want you breaking. You deserve to be happy."

            It's too late for that, I think o myself bitterly.

            I just force a smile, "Thanks for the breakfast, Blake."

            "No problem. Now if you excuse me, I have to get back to COD. I'm beating a level for Gabe and Luke."

            I chuckle and shovel one last bite of breakfast into my mouth before digging out my phone and grabbing my bag. My phone pings just as I pick it up.

            I'm here. u better b out here within the next 2 min or else I'm leaving u stranded at ur house. –egotistical prick.

            I giggle as the name I still have for Jace pops up. I should really change it to something cleverer.

            I text him back, letting him know that we'll be out in a few minutes and shout for my brothers.

            "But I almost have this level beat," Luke yells from the basement, "Five more minutes!"

            Gabe also mumbles something incoherent from where he's seated in the family room on the recliner.

            "Boys, get your scrawny asses out the door this instant," I bellow.

            "You're so lucky dad left for work early today," Gabe grumbles as he stomps by me. I grin after him just as Luke comes bounding up the basement stairs, a frightened look on his face. I shoot him a stern look and he yelps and mutters something about him going. I snicker under my breath and follow the little brats out of my front door. I wave at Jace from where I'm standing before turning around and fumbling with the lock on the front door. With my heart pounding and a dry throat, I dash to Jace's car and open the passenger door before sliding into the red Porsche. I glance back at both my brothers strapped in the back seat and then turn around to lock eyes with Jace, my pulse quickening.

            God, I am definitely not prepared to do this, I think as I once again, loose myself in his intimidating gaze.

            He frowns at me once he notices my expression, but I just shake my head, mouthing "later" to him. He nods and I finally turn away to look out the window. He slowly backs out of my driveway as I look up at the gray sky and the bare tree branches clanking together in the chilling wind.

            "Whipped," Gabe leans forward to whisper in my ear.

            I tense up, trying not to whip around to face my brother and shoot him one of my famous scowls. I just sigh and lean my head against the window, trying to ignore the fact that I can see Jace glancing at me every five seconds out of the corner of my eye.

            I begin tapping my foot in the silence of the car that being the only noise that fills the tense atmosphere. I try to stop my foot from moving, but it seems as if it has a mind of its own. I sigh.

            I can sense that this is going to be a long morning.

~*~

After we drop the boys off, Jace books it to the high school, swerving into the almost full parking lot. Despite the dark tinted windows, my face heats up when typical high school people begin to stare and whisper, probably questioning the new girl seated in Jace's passage seat, lucky enough to have snatched a ride from the huge player.

            Well I'm his bff now, suck on that bitches!

            Jace finally spots a narrow parking space and manures the vehicle until we're parked snuggly in between a Volkswagen and a Toyota highlander.

            "If you dare to even put one minuscule scratch on my baby, I'll kill you with my bare hands." He wiggles his fingers in front of my face for emphasis.

            I snort, "I wouldn't doubt that, rich boy."

            He rolls his eyes at the name, but actually seems to feel a little hurt. I ignore his hurt, thinking to myself, He's already caused me enough pain. It's time I return the favor.

            I don't know where this new badass Violet with all the confidence in the world has come from, but I'm going to embrace her with open arms!

            Smirking to myself, I gather every tiny drop of confidence I have, and push the car door open, facing the nosey people with a knowing expression.

            Today, it won't matter what anyone thinks about me or says, except for Jace when I break the news to him. At this thought, my heart rate picks up speed again, but I decide to ignore it. I move over to Jace's side and he protectively wraps an arm around my shoulders; a friendly gesture. You see, if he wanted to be a pervert or if we were dating, he would've slipped his arm around my waist. I frown internally, some of my confidence wavering. Oh well, I'm doing this for Gabe.

            "Just ignore every single piece of crap that people will spit out," he leans down to whisper in my ear as we walk to the front of the building, "it's all made up so it can draw attention."

            "I know, Gray," I reply knowingly, "Today, I'm a whole new person. Weak, fragile Violet is gone. Thrown out the window. Ran over by a car and smashed into a million pieces."

            Jace pouts, but his blue eyes are shining with proudness for me, "But I like the fragile Rainbow better. It means I can hold you like this."

            He halts to pull me to his chest, pressing my face into the fabric of his shirt. My chest swells and my eyes involuntarily flutter closed as I breathe in his usual woodsy, cinnamon cologne.

            "I'm just giving them some good stuff to drink up," he chuckles in my ear. I grin broadly into his chest.

            I pull away from him and pant him on the back, "Sorry, buddy. You're not getting any tonight until you finish your Biology homework."

            Some people eavesdropping nearby choke or cough, trying to mask their laughter or shock. I bite my tongue so hard to keep from showing any signs of humor, and just keep patting his back, a look of sympathy crossing my face.

            Jace snorts a smile tugging at his mouth, but I smack his arm before he can laugh any louder. He quickly regains his composure and gives a soft cough into his fist.

            "Aw, really babe? But I don't wanna finish my homework. Plus, I don't understand any of it."

            I sigh, "Well, I would tutor you, but you'd get distracted by my sexy new ... lip gloss again and wouldn't be able to concentrate."

            As I mention lip gloss, Jace's eyes dart to my mouth and his gaze darkens considerably. He runs his tongue over his mouth.

            "See?" I gesture to his actions, actually shocked at how good of an actor he is.

            He shakes his head, appearing stunned before his face relaxes into his usual emotionless smirk as he slings an arm around my shoulders once again, "I guess you're right, babe. I'll get my grades up for you and then we'll pick up right back where we left off."

            I chortle under my breath as we continue to walk down the hallway until we reach my locker. I try to ignore the disbelieving stares of bystanders around us as I twist the lock of my locker and enter my combination. It makes a click as it pops open and I quickly switch my homework for the first hour books before shoving the books in my Vera tote and slamming my locker closed. I turn to Jace who's studying my with an intense look in his blue eyes that I can't seem to fathom.

            "What," I question in a quiet tone.

            He shakes his head, snapping himself out of his strange funk, "Nothing. Never mind. I should probably go but," he leans down to whisper something in my ear, "I'm going to make this look like I'm whispering something sexually related in your ear so just go with it." 

             He leans back to smirk at me and I feign a look of pleasure. He snorts before turning on his heel dramatically and strolling away. I rip my eyes away from his muscular frame before anyone can catch me staring creepily after him for too long. I turn to my left and start to tread in the direction of my World History class when my right foot comes in contact with something at my feet. I frown as I halt to glance down. I notice a dark blue calculator lying on the white tile and I bend down and pick it up, flipping it over to scan my eyes across the name on the back: Jace Gray. I open my mouth and whip myself around to inform Jace's retreating form that his calculator must've fell out of his pocket when my eyes land on something interesting.

            Jessica is currently latched onto Jace's left bicep, and she's looking up at him seductively through her lashes. I grasp the calculator tightly in my hand and close my mouth as anger and jealousy begins to surge in my chest. I wish I had some sort of super hearing or something so I could listen to the crap spewing out of those chrisom painted lips. She wiggles closer o Jace, pressing herself up against his side and I press my lips together, attempting at keeping the anger from flushing my cheeks and my vision from turning red. My eyes widen as I witness something through my raged, hazy vison.

            Jace grips her wrist, and pulls the leech off of his arm before gently pushing her away. Then, his gaze directly snaps up to meet mine and he shoots me a heart stopping grin full of white pearly teeth.

            I clench my teeth together to suppress a gape and swallow my pride and happiness surging throughout me before shooting him back a closed mouth smile that probably reveals my shining eyes. Jessica's head snaps around so fast, I wouldn't be surprised if she had whiplash. When she burns her smoldering brown eyes into my soul, the horns popping out through her blonde hair on top of her head, I gulp and quickly glance at my feet. I whip myself around and hastily stride off to my World History class, remembering that Jace also attends that class so I can just hand him his calculator there.

            Despite Jessica's stronger hatred for me, I still can help but gnaw on my lower lip to bite back a grin.

~*~

Thank God it hasn't been one of those mornings so far. I actually remembered my sack lunch today and it didn't end up spoiling on the kitchen island.

            I hesitantly take a seat at our surprisingly vacant lunch table and begin to unravel the paper bag. Normally, I'm one of the last people out of our tight knit group to arrive at the lunch table, but apparently that's not the case today. I frown at my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This day has been going really well so far. Almost too well for my luck.

            Cautiously, I glance around the almost empty lunch room, my eyes settling on the few people retrieving their hot lunches or finding their places at lunch tables scattered throughout the cafeteria. A bad feeling begins to settle in the pit of my stomach and nerves spike in my heart.

            I can feel that something bad is going to happen. Of course. Just when I thought I was having a good day.

            I sigh and turn back around, removing my sandwich from its wrapper just as herds of high schoolers fill in through both of the entrances that fill into the cafeteria.  One by one, everyone arrives to the table; everyone but Taylor. My heart sinks as and a deep sense of dread fills my chest as my gaze settles on Jessica slowly, but surely coaxing poor, weak and injured Taylor to sit with her. Panic begins to settle. She's probably going to fill his head with complete utter crap! I know Taylor and I may not be the best of friends anymore, but that doesn't mean that I don't care about his mental and physical wellbeing; which, by the way, doesn't seem to be going well considering his unshaven stubble and his heavily tousled hair.

            "What's wrong, dude," Wes questions, concern etched in her face. I slap the hand that's waving in front of my vision and continue to glare daggers into Jessica's back. I know exactly what she's doing. She's attacking Taylor while he's vulnerable to get back at me for Jace and I's small encounter this morning. Wes follows my gaze and her expression darkens before morphing into complete rage.

            "That bitch," she growls, "She's going to pull Taylor over to the dark side!"

            "I'll talk to her about not sleeping with this one," Jace says, a sort of curious look on his face as he narrows his eyes as Jessica. I don't like the look he's giving her.

            "I'll ask Taylor about it at soccer practice," Drew says, "It probably has something to do with 'getting back at Violet' for dumping him."

            I throw my hands up, exasperated, "This isn't all my fault, guys! I'm done taking all the responsibility for his actions too! I still wanted to be friends with him—and I still do--because I never thought our relationship involved intensified feelings! And in the end, I wasn't the one who walked away. I wasn't the coward in the relationship."

            I huff as I finish my mini speech and glance around at the shocked expressions around me. My gaze settles and Jace's parted lips and wide eyes last and I cast my eyes to the ground.

            "I'm going to go to the bathroom," I mutter, "I need some fresh air. I move to push my seat in.

            "I can guarantee you won't find fresh air in the bathroom," I vaguely hear Jacob whisper behind me. I just roll my eyes and walk away, clenching my fists as I march past Jessica's table with all of Jace and Colton's old friends and Jessica's minions. I strongly resist the temptation to shoot lasers through my eyes at Jessica for messing with Taylor, but mostly, I just don't want to risk meeting the traitor him self's gaze which I can now feel burning a hole in the back of my head. I almost sag in relief when I'm finally met with the girls' bathroom as I tug open the door and shove it closed behind me. I sigh in relief, content that I'm not trembling with the weight of peoples' gazes on me. Guaranteed, Jessica has spread the very much untrue rumor around that I was a complete bitch to Taylor. Of course, this would involve the spinning of the truth.

            I take a step in front of the mirror, pressing my lips together as I run my eyes over myself in the mirror. I study my attempted nice appearance today and frown as I spot the small insecurities that everyone probably pointed out and whispered to their friends when I walked by the popular table. I release a shaky breath and continue to stare into my plain, hazel eyes and gently tug on a strand of my curly hair. It bounces before settling back on my shoulder. I jump suddenly as the bathroom door swings open and quickly start fiddling with my hair so it doesn't look like I was staring at myself in the mirror. My heart sinks into my stomach as out of m peripheral vision, I notice Jessica enter the confined space with one more minion than last time. I swallow and try not to let my annoyance and slight fear show, but Jessica is like a blood hound and can sense peoples' worst fears from a mile away. Then, she feeds on them like the leech she is.

            "Hey Violet," she says sweetly, sneering my name, "What's up?"

            I finally pivot myself around to face her, hesitantly running my eyes over her minions: one at the door and two at Queen Bitch's sides, their arms crossed and their eyes gleaming.

            Oh God, they're out for blood.

            An evil smirk creeps onto Jessica's face as she takes in the direction my eyes are traveling; she basks in the sight of my assessing my position and hers. She knows who's going to win this battle.

            I internally cringe and resist the urge to squeeze my eyes closed and mumble a quick prayer for my safety, roll my shoulders back, and cross my arms over my chest, attempting to relax.

            "What do you want Jessica," I sigh tiredly, "I was just leaving."

            I make a move to swerve around her minions, but to no ado. The brunette one steps in front of me, shoving me back so hard that I stumble into a stall door, my head slamming again the hard metal. I groan, rubbing the newly formed bump on the back of my scalp as I shoot daggers at the brunette minion.

            "Patience Ginette," Jessica purrs, "I want this one alive and squirming."

            I shudder. Well, that's not insanely scary at all.

            I place my hands in front of me as Jessica snaps her fingers and her minions advance to shield me from making my way out of the bathroom. I almost roll my eyes despite my horrible predicament. This could be a deleted scene from Mean Girls.

            "Guys, guys," I laugh shakily, "We're all friends here. No need to get all up in my bubble."

            Jessica cackles, but it's cold, merciless, and soulless. Her darkened gaze meets my timid one, her eyes holding an insane and vengeance to them.

            "Friends," she questions, her voice laced with so much craziness that I almost don't recognize it, "friends don't take other friend's boyfriends."

            I furrow my brows, "I don't have a boyfriend."

            "Don't lie to me bitch," she shoves her minions aside, destroying the sort of half circle they made around me breaking. In one step, she has my chin grasped between her thumb and middle finger, her perfectly manicured nails digging into the skin of my cheeks. I whimper in pain as she drags me to her face, our noses millimeters apart.

            "I-I'm not." Damn my stutter, "Taylor and I are just friends! I tried to tell him, I really did, but then he just walked away and—"

            "Shut the fuck up," she snarls, her left hand coming in contact with my right cheek, the slap resonating throughout the empty bathroom. My hand automatically darts up to cradle my cheek, but before it can, two out of the tree minions step forward to pin my arms behind my back, pressing me up against a closed stall door. The third minion locks the bathroom door and leans her back against it, almost appearing apologetic as I bore my pleading, helpless gaze into hers.

            "Why are you doing this," I choke out, my right cheek on fire with pain, "What've I done?"

            Jessica throws her head back and laughs loudly, "You've stolen my Jason from me! He was mine, until you waltz you fat ass into his life."

            A burst of anger and confidence fills my chest suddenly, "First of all, Queen Bitch, last time I checked, I'm not fat. I visited the doctor last month and he said I have a healthy weight for a person my height. And secondly, Jace doesn't like the name Jason. In fact, he abhors it, and I'm pretty sure he would prefer if you didn't call him that at all. Ever." Then I do something even more unexpected than what I said. I spit right in her face, the glob of saliva landing right on her lower cheek and rolling down to where her head meets her neck.

            She's silent for a good moment before gesturing for one of her minions to come forth and wipe my saliva off of her face with their shirt. They hesitantly do the job of cleaning her face before stepping back. A burst of pride fills my chest. Have I finally silenced Jessica for good?!

            Then she raises her head and her furious gaze meets mine.

            Oops, never mind; saying she's pissed would actually be the largest understatement of the century.

            I lower my gaze unconsciously, not willing to witness so much rage in a person. Like damn, she has more rage and anger inside of her than Gabe did, and that's saying something!

            "LOOK AT ME YOU BITCH-ASS WHORE," she shrieks, gripping my cheeks so hard my sides of my lips are pressed together painfully. She yanks my head up and an ache spikes in my neck. Great, she just gave me whip lash. Then, she slaps me again across my other cheek except my harder. She actually smacks me so hard I rip right out of the minions' grasp and slam my head into the back of the stall once again. My vision blurs and my head swims before I regain my posture. Tears prick in the corners of my eyes and I swallow back bile. I can't show her weakness. She can't win this. Not this time.

            "Jason is mine, get it," she growls fisting my curls and yanking my head back to collide with the stall once again and heat flares up in my skull, "He'd never have any desire for a fat-ass slut like you."

            Fat tears roll down my cheeks, my ego now physically and mentally abused, "B-but I've never eve had sex!"

            Jessica cackles, "The rest of the school doesn't know that." She then yanks her phone out of her back jean pocket and after typing a couple of things into her phone, she shove it in my face. My vision swims and no matter how hard I can't squint, I can't seem to focus on the screen in front of my face. It already sucks enough energy out of me to remain on my feet.

            "Open your Asian eyes, whore! You need to witness what the whole school is about to witness if you don't keep you nasty dirty paws off of Jason!"

            I grit my teeth from another retort about Jace's real name. I figure it probably won't be the best idea to make another retort about his name because I really don't desire to endure any more pain at the moment. Jessica actually has the nerve to take my drooping eye lids and force them open to watch the video and a burst of anger flares in my chest at my trapped position with my hands behind my back. She plays the video and I try to look past her fingers and the scratches of her nails on my corneas. I watch as a girl that looks very much like me, does the nasty with a guy that looks very much like Jace. But obviously, it's not us. We haven't even kissed yet.

            "T-that's not us," I stammer stupidly.

            Jessica grins dementedly like the Cheshire cat. I don't like it. The grin freezes my veins over.

            "No shit, but the rest of the school won't know that." She tucks the phone back in her butt pocket. She then moves closer to me so that her boobs are pressed up against my boobs and she's griping my face for the third time. I resist the urge to squirm in this very uncomfortable position and link multiple times as I stare into queen Bitch's dark, cold eyes, "You will distance yourself from my boyfriend and you will never associate with him again after this encounter. Oh, and you definitely shouldn't mention this small encounter to him because this video will not only travel around the school, but I'll pull some strings and make sure it goes viral."

            I gulp as I stare into her eyes swarming with so much rage and hatred, but underneath the darkness, I witness unconditional love and desire for Jace. My hard, tear stained face softens.

            "You're in love with him too," I whisper, "That's why you're doing all of this." I would gesture to the corrupted bathroom around me, but I can't exactly move my arms or even feel my wrists due to minion numero uno's death grasp.

            Apparently that wasn't the right thing to say at all because Jessica orders for me to be dropped to the ground quite violently I may add. I land with a thud! and the wind in knocked out of me; I also may have broken my tailbone, who knows?

            He squats down to sneer in my face, "You know nothing about love, you heartless bitch! Don't talk to me like you do!"

            Guess what she does? Yep, you've guessed it! She slaps me again and my head snaps to the right at the impact. I groan, the sound gurgling from my parted, slightly bloody lips.

            Jessica rises to her feet again and orders her minions to release me now and await her by the exit. They obey, casting looks of disgust and pity in my direction before exiting. Jessica crosses her arms over her chest before resting her six inch right pink pump on my side due to the fact that I'm curled up on the disgusting bathroom floor currently. Her foot presses so deep into my side I think she punctured my kidney. I gasp for air once she releases me, but don't receive much of a break because she starting laying blows to my sides, my stomach, and my legs. I groan and convulse on the floor, not having much strength to fight back, but internally wanting to.

            "You're such a nasty ass slut! No wonder no guy has slept with you, you're a filthy pig!"

            "Such a coward. Look at you all weak, bloody, and ugly lying on the disgusting bathroom floor. Your life must suck."

            "Take a look in the mirror, bitch! Look at how ugly you are! You have bruises and scars all over your body! You shouldn't even show your face. Hell, you should just kill yourself."

            "No one likes you so stop acting like everyone does! You're the biggest attention whore I've ever laid eyes on! God, you're annoying!"

            Eventually, Jessica had to leave when the bell rang, signaling lunch was over. I just lay on the cool bathroom floor, not having any energy to move, afraid that I'll probably sprain or break something in I flinch. Mostly, it's because every inch of my body feels like it's on fire; flaring with pain I've never endured before.

            Trust me, I would've had a lot more motivation to escape if Jessica hadn't relocked me in the bathroom. 

            "Violet? Can you hear me?" Through the ringing of my ear drums I'm barely able to make out a voice calling to me and a distant pounding on the bathroom door.

            I groan, my tongue practically drowning in the metallic taste of blood seeping from my lips and nose. Besides that and the slaps, Jessica didn't harm my face, claiming she didn't want to draw more attention to my ugliness.

            She's probably just smart enough to not hit my face because she knows people will notice and she'll go to juvenile.

            Oh how I wish.

            "Violet," someone screams, "Open the damn door."

            "I can't," I whisper, but I know they can't hear me. I hack blood on the floor to make it easier to force words out of my dry throat, "I can't."

            "Please try." Wes is sobbing now, "Oh God, are you okay in there?"

            I try to laugh, but it pains my sternum too much due to the amount of bruising it has, "Ha, no."

            "VIOLET OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!"

            I wait for Gen to excuse herself for her use of cursing, but she never does. Huh, this matter must be really serious. Suck on that Jessica! I know at least two people care about me!

            I slowly ease myself onto my knees and wince as all the blood rushes from my head to my toes.  I groan and slowly crawl towards the bathroom door, trying to ignore the painful throbbing in my skull and the achiness in the rest of my body. I reach up and grasp the metal lock before turning it the opposite way so that Gen and Wes can enter. I scoot backwards out of the way as Gen and Wes burst through the bathroom door, their eyes widening as they take in the sight around me. I wish I could see too, but my vision isn't exactly intact at the moment.

            "Oh my God, what the hell happened?"

            "Jessica," I croak out, smiling slightly, "I think the love got to her head."

            "Violet, we have to call the police," Gen tells me, kneeling down to my level, "She can get arrested for this."

            I widen my eyes and move my hands frantically, "No, no no! She has a video, and she didn't leave behind any proof. Plus, Jace doesn't deserve to have me being seen with him. He's undergone so much already."

            "Screw that bastard," Wes growls, "Gen's right, we're calling the police!"

            "But she wiped away all her prints," I exclaim, using the wall to prop myself up into a sitting position, "there's no evidence."

            "That bitch is smarter than we all thought," Wes mumbles, "Damn, let's get you cleaned up. And this mess. After that we'll get you home and you can tell us everything when you're ready."

            I nod, but grasp the back of my neck and wince as the pain flares al the way from my medulla, the crown of my head, "I promised myself I would be strong. I promised myself I wouldn't cry anymore."

Gen's eyes water at my appearance and despite the fact that I'm all bloody and gross, she embraces me anyway, "This isn't your fault, Vi."

            "Luckily, I don't think she broke anything," I sigh, as Wes begins to gather paper towels and wet them down to help clean up, "But these bruises are going to take weeks to heal."

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

117K 5.2K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
297K 7.4K 107
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
574K 2.2K 62
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...