Spirit [Dragon Academy Book 1]

By SkeneKidz

13 year old Cody Smith was an average kid. Average name, average looks, average brains. But with the visit of... More

Spirit [Dragon Academy Book 1]
Spirit {2}
Spirit {3}
Spirit {4}
Spirit {6}
Spirit {7}
Spirit {7}
Spirit {8}
Spirit {9}
Spirit {10}
Spirit {11}
Spirit {12}
Spirit {13}

Spirit {14} END

2.3K 169 51
By SkeneKidz

            Once everyone had been taken back to the school and tended to, they once again sat in Cody and Jake’s room.

            “And yet, there’s still 3 more days until Christmas,” Jake said as he leaned back on his bed. Cody looked at his Skolves egg and smiled. “And for now, we’re safe.” There was a knock on the door and Cody opened it.

            Malcolm and his gang walked in. Bowser walked up to Cody and took a deep breath. “Thanks for saving Malcolm.” Cody nodded. “He’s my friend too.”

            “Hey Cody; we match!” Cody looked at Malcolm. His arm was in a sling. Cody looked down at his own arm resting in a sling. He laughed. “Yes, very observant Malcolm,” he said sarcastically.

            Malcolm’s friends left the room and D snorted. “I hate Bowser,” he said simply. “We know D,” Cody said. He looked at them. He hadn’t even known them for a month yet and he was already so close to them.

            “You’ll make new friends and forget about me dude.”

            Maybe Eli had been right.

            Cody suddenly thought of something. “Wouldn’t humans see us?” he asked in a panic. The others laughed at him. “Dragons are invisible to humans,” Jake said.

            “Seriously Cody,” Joss said. “Do you pay attention in class?” Ross asked. Cody stuck his tongue out at the twins who flipped him off with identical grins.

            They went back to their dorms and fell asleep almost instantly.

            Cody groaned in his sleep.

            Another nightmare began of the little boy.

            The boy was shaking furiously with tears down his face. His breathing was heavy and the woman was holding him.

            A dead body lay before them of a blond man.

            But the drunken man stepped out over it. “You killed him!” the woman screamed. She put her hands over the boy’s eyes. The man yanked her away from him.

            “He needs to see him.” The boy cried harder. “I loved him,” he whispered. He hit the ground as the drunken man’s foot made contact with his face. “We don’t love. Love is weak. You are weak.”

            The boy clenched his tiny fists. But he knew it was true. He was too weak to protect his mother and he had been too weak to protect the dead man lying in front of him.

            Cody woke up.

            He sighed and closed his eyes against the sun light. Why did that little boy keep coming into his dreams? Why did D care about the kid?

            Jake threw a clean shirt at Cody. “Shower up Cody,” he said. Cody grumbled as he crawled into the shower. He took a long hot shower until he thought he might start to boil.

            He got dressed and followed Jake down for breakfast. Kids clapped as they entered the cafeteria. Sarah ran over to them. “Way to go new kid,” she said with a smile. He smiled back. “Will I always be the new kid?” he asked sarcastically. “You will to me,” she said.   

            He liked it.

            They sat down at their usual table and ate. Cody just wanted things to return to normal already. D had three glasses of blood on his tray and Cody shook his head.

            They attended a memorial service for the kids who had died. It was long, with tons of kids giving speeches. Tears were shed. Memorials were made for the dead. Mr. Opic gave a deep speech, honoring the kids and their sacrifices. Even the kids who had not known the dead found themselves getting emotional. It was hard not to.

 “Today flew by,” Cody said to Jake as they went up to their dorm and got ready for bed. Cody felt emotionally drained after the memorial service.

            Jake nodded. “Don’t forget to give Holi her homework back later,” he mumbled as he fell asleep.

            Cody smiled slightly as his eyes closed. “Cody wake up!” Cody jolted up. “What’s happening?” he mumbled.

            “Look!” Cody followed where Jake was pointing and saw a Christmas tree. He smiled and got out of bed. “Tonight is the annual tree lighting ceremony!”

            When they got down to breakfast, there were pancakes shaped like snowmen with egg nog. Cody licked his lips and dug into his food. “You know,” he said after swallowing. “I always hated school food. But this is really good!” The others agreed.

            “What do you want the most for Christmas?” Jake asked. Cody grinned. “More pancakes!”

            They laughed and got more pancakes. “Merry Christmas Eve,” Jake said as he poured egg nog down Cody’s shirt. Cody laughed as he squirmed. “Cold!” he yelled.

            The table laughed at him. For once in his life, Cody didn’t feel like a nobody loser. 

            He felt like the luckiest person on earth.

            They walked outside and started building snowmen. “Build snow twins,” Ross and Joss said eagerly. They got to work on their snow twins. Skylar watched them all from where he was sitting on the ground. “Come help us Sky,” Cody called.

            Skylar shook his head and held up his hands. “Snow melts,” he said and lazily laid down.

            Cody rolled his eyes as Jake put the head on their creation. Cody stuck a branch in as a nose. Jake stuck a branch in as something else and Cody laughed.

            Remi giggled and pulled the branch out. “Hey! Our snowman got neutered!” Jake cried. Cody laughed even harder.

            Panchi and Nick were throwing snowballs at the twins. “Everybody; it’s time for the tree lighting ceremony to begin!”

            They smiled and hurried over to crowd around the tree. Teachers passed out mugs of hot chocolate as Mr. Opic talked about plans for the New Year.

            “Fire users; let’s go!” The fire dragons, including Skylar and Joss, walked up to the tree and placed their hands on it.

            The tree burst into beautiful light. The way it was set up made it look like a glowing dragon. Kids admired it and Cody couldn’t stop staring.

            Kids began to clap and they joined in.

            “To a bright Christmas!” Mr. Opic cried. Kids cheered and yelled out different chants.

            Cody and Jake went inside for the Christmas Eve dinner. The school gave everyone some turkey, ham, soup, pudding, meatloaf, fruit cake, potatoes, and biscuits. “It’s a huge feast tomorrow,” Nick said as he ate.   

            They went to bed.

            Cody had a weird dream about the boy.

            He smiled at a dimly lit Christmas tree. There were three presents under it. He picked up one and shook it. “What do you think it is mommy?” he asked, looking up at his mother. “Open it and find out,” she said with a bright smile.

            He ripped off the paper and gasped. He held up a stuffed dragon and hugged it. “It’s so cool mommy! Thank you Santa!” She smiled. “What are you going to call it?” she asked him.

            He thought for a moment. “How about Segen? It’s German for blessing!” She smiled and laughed. “Very good honey! Segen it is!”

            He smiled up at her with the dragon in his hands. “This is the best Christmas ever mommy,” he said.

            Cody sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked at the tree and gasped. “Jacob wake up!” he cried. He jumped on Jake’s bed until he sat up.

            They looked on in awe at the many presents under the tree.

            “Cool,” they said together as they began to rip them open. They laughed and compared gifts with each other. They heard excited yells from down the hall of kids who had opened their presents.

            Cody looked at the mess of wrapping paper on the floor. His pile of gifts was huge. Jake’s was smaller but he had still gotten a lot.

            Cody looked at the egg. “It’s supposed to hatch today,” he said as he picked it up. It moved a little and the cracks began to open. Cody gasped and watched the egg.    Jake hurried over and watched with him.

            A small skull head poked out and blinked its triangle eyes. Its head turned up to look at Cody and it struggled out of the egg. It was so tiny.  

            Its body had a little bit of fur and its nails were small. Cody loved it already. He looked at Jake. “Time to see if it’s a boy or a girl,” he said. Jake nodded. “Have fun,” he said. Cody sighed and checked. “Boy,” he announced.

            “So what are you going to name him?” Jake asked. Cody thought. “Segen,” he said. Jake gave him a curious look. “It’s German for blessing,” Cody said softly.

            “Oh,” Jake said. Cody set the egg pieces down and Segen settled on his shoulder. They made their way down to breakfast. Cody introduced the little Skolve to his friend.

            He walked off to show Mr. Opic. “Very beautiful Skolve indeed,” he said. “Now, this is your to keep. Humans will see him as a regular dog so do not fear. You are allowed to keep him with you wherever you go.”

            Cody nodded and thanked him. He and his friends went upstairs to show off their gifts until dinner.

            For dinner, they had turkey with roast beef and mashed potatoes with warm gravy. Biscuits and pudding with a slice of hot pie and chicken. Cody felt his mouth watering.

            Jake had been right. It was huge. Segen crawled down his shirt and licked his plate clean. His friends laughed and Cody couldn’t help but smile.

            Maybe being a dragon wasn’t so bad after all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- I'm so sorry if this entire story was bad and confusing. For the billionth time, I was 12 when I wrote it ;c Anyways, there was a second part to this series (again, I wrote the first few chapters of it when I was 12) but I never finished it. Uh...I guess if there's anybody that would want to read it, I could edit the part I wrote when I was 12 and finish the story over the summer? Just let me know XD

Anddd thanks for reading this, if you actually suffered through the sloppy writing XD Personally, I've always liked this story because I didn't think it was too horrible considering the fact that some miserable little upper middle school girl wrote it haha. This was one of the first real stories I ever wrote. So thank you for reading it :) 

-Jen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165 0 40
DISCLAIMER: This book was written by around 7 people, so if there are other books it's because it was posted by another person. Book 2 soon to be pos...
107 0 34
In 2016, Tommy Foley, a nine year old boy, was being bullied by kids in his neighborhood. Meanwhile, in the year 4040, Raven Smith was delivering pac...
138K 3.8K 31
--- IMPORTANT NOTE BELOW---- hey there. I am in the works of creating a new and improved version of this series, starting with book one obviously. I...
155 58 58
In his dreams, seventeen-year-old Charlie lives in another world where he can escape the depression that consumes him. Most days, it is the only thin...