Catfish

By infiniteameezy

[ COMPLETED ] Episode: "Jay and Trinity" Trinity has been dating a guy named Jay over the Internet, for almo... More

~ Catfish ~
01: How it Began
02: Help!!
03: "Beauty and Brains"
04: Who?
06: Expect the Unexpected
07: Pancakes and Overthinking
08: Tragic
09: Not Enough
10: Heads Up
11: Closure
12: It Takes Two
13: Show Out
- Catfish -

05: May the Truth Reveal Itself

11.4K 567 422
By infiniteameezy

I put my hand on my forehead, while Max shook his head.

"This is bad...really bad." Max said.

I sighed and continued to stare at the picture in disbelief.

"Who is that?" Max asked.

"I don't know, but it's not Trinity," I said.

In the picture was a Hispanic girl with brown hair, hugging Justin, Jay, or whoever the hell this was, from behind. Her hand was under his shirt, and her head was resting on his shoulder.

It was captioned: she motivates me 😌

The picture was dated back to 4 weeks ago.

"Is this recent?" Max asked.

I nodded as I continued to look through more photos, searching for this mystery girl. Maybe she could tell us what's going on because right now, I had so many questions.

It wasn't too long, until we came across another photo of them.

"Aww man..." Max murmured.

My eyes widened. This picture was worst than the first one. This time, Jay was shirtless, holding one of the girl's legs around his waist, while her chest was pressed against his. He was giving her this look as if he wanted to take her right then and there, meanwhile, she was flashing a nonchalant, Barbie doll smile at the camera.

This one was captioned: the party was pretty fun last night 😌👀 @yoventura

I quickly clicked on the account that was tagged in the photo. It took me to a profile with the name Yovanna Ventura.

45.5k followers. 221 following.

"Now that's ratio goals, dude," Max said.

I chuckled and shook my head. I clicked on her profile picture, and it was definitely the same girl from the photo.

I exited out of the picture and examined her page.

Her bio read: 5'9 | MIA | snapchat- yooventura | For business inquiries only! --> yovanna.ven@gmail.com

"Is she real? Maybe a catfish also.." Max spoke.

"Well, let's find out shall we?" I asked.

I opened up a new tab and went to my e-mail.

"She specifically said business inquiries only, Nev!" Max joked.

"Well, I'm a business man today," I said.

I clicked Compose.

To: yovanna.ven@gmail.com
From: catfishnev@gmail.com
Subject: Catfish MTV

Hi, Yovanna! This is Nev and Max from the MTV show, Catfish! Don't be alarmed, no one is using your photos. We just want to ask you a few questions about your friend, Justin Bieber. Please get back to us ASAP if you're willing to help. You can FaceTime me with this email. It's registered with iMessage. Thank you! Have a nice day.

I clicked on Send and sighed. I opened the Twitter tab again and went back to justinbieberr.

"Click on that soundcloud link in the bio," Max said.

I clicked on it, and it led me to soundcloud.com. Justin Bieber's profile loaded with a numerous amount of songs.

All In It
Been You
Mark My Words
All That Matters
One Life
Alone
Bad Day
Swap it Out

"Swap it Out? Wasn't that the title of the song Jay gave Trinity?" I asked.

I quickly clicked on it and a "Sw-Sw-Swa" was heard in the cafe.

"Open up the me, that's all you gotta do
Give me all your heart, swap mine out with you"

I looked at Max.

"These are the exact same lyrics."

"Aww man..." Max said.

"So did Jay hear this song, copy the lyrics down onto a sheet of notebook paper, before sending it to Trinity?" he asked.

"It's a possibility," I said.

"Does Trinity even know about this soundcloud account?"

"She never brought it up," I said.

Suddenly, I remembered the voicemail Trinity played for us the other day.

"You remember Jay's voicemail we heard earlier? Do you think it sounds similar to this guys' singing voice?" Max asked.

I hummed in thought. "Kind of."

"Okay, so Justin Bieber makes music, and his singing voice–kinda–but doesn't really sound like the voicemail," Max said.

"You forgot he's crazy talented," I said.

Max jokingly rolled his eyes. "Okay, true. But I still don't understand why Jay wouldn't have his music link in JDB94, but it's in justinbieberr," he said.

"You're right. Plus, the justinbieberr account has more photos, and Yovanna on his account, but JDB94 doesn't. He has Trinity in his bio, but he-gosh...This is so confusing!"

Max was probably just as lost as I was.

"Yovanna is our only hope right now," he said.

*4 hours later*

Max

"Tilapia is just as good as salmon," Nev said.

"Ehhhh, I beg to differ."

"We've been arguing over this for 5 minutes now. I'm getting hungry."

"That's why you have two hands, so-"

Nev's laptop made a noise.

"Someone's trying to FaceTime me," he spoke.

I quickly grabbed my camera and turned it on.

I pressed the record button and nodded, telling Nev it was recording. He answered the FaceTime call.

connecting...

I held the camera up to the laptop, awaiting for someone to show up.

Suddenly, the familiar face we saw in those two photos appeared on the laptop screen. Her hair was up in a bun this time.

"Hey, Yovanna!" Nev exclaimed.

"What's up, Nev? What's up, Max?" she spoke.

I smiled and waved at her with my free hand.

"How are you?" Nev asked.

"I'm alright. What about you guys?" she asked.

"We're fantastic! Thank you for FaceTiming us," Nev said.

"It was no problem. You guys said you had some questions on my friend Justin. What do you need to know?" she asked.

"Okay, so you and Justin are friends?" Nev asked.

"I guess you can say that. Yes."

"Okay, so I'm guessing you know him well. Does he ever go by the name of Jay?"

"Yes, all the time. He rarely introduces himself to new people as Justin," she said.

"Do you know the Twitter account justinbieberr with 2 R's?" I asked her.

"Yup, I follow it."

"Do you happen to follow JDB94 also?"

"Yeah," she answered.

"Which one does Jay own?" Nev asked.

"I'm honestly not sure. I'm guessing both."

"You've never asked him?" I asked.

"No." She shook her head.

Great.

"But the Twitter account justinbieberr tagged you in a photo. That's how we found you," Nev said.

"The one where it was captioned 'she motivates me'?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Well, I don't know why he posted that. We barely even talk anymore."

"Why not, if you don't mind me asking?" Nev asked.

"He just doesn't want to talk to me. I see him around campus all the time, but neither of us say hey," she said.

"Any reason why?" Nev asked.

Nev

"Maybe because he hates me," she said. She chuckled.

My eyebrows furrowed. "Why would he hate you?"

"I'm not sure," she said.

"Have you guys ever dated?" Max suddenly asked.

"No."

"But those pictures...you guys seemed a little..."

"Oh, he's just really playful. I mean...well...we dated for like a month, until he broke up with me," she said.

So why did she lie to us?

"So you don't know why he broke up with you?" Max asked.

"No, not at all, but that was a year ago," she said.

"Did he ever mention the name Trinity to you?"

"Never."

Okay, she wasn't helping at all.

"Well, that's really.... interesting. One more thing, how will you describe Jay, personality wise?" I asked.

"Uhh he's funny, but he's serious when he has to be. He's very caring, sensitive, shy, talented, sweet and generous. The list goes on. Overall, he's just a great guy. He's always so motivated," she said.

"Well, thank you for answering all our questions. You've helped a lot," I lied.

"It's no problem. Bye Nev! Bye Max!" she said with a big smile.

"Bye!" We waved and the FaceTime call ended.

Max and I looked at each other.

"Well, that was a bust," I told him.

He nodded and sighed.

"Let's just sum up everything that we know so far," Max said.

"Okay, so, Yovanna knows the guy. She's dated him, but he's never talked about Trinity. Maybe Justin could be the real guy, and Jay might of just took Justin's nickname and last name, but if Jay is real, then that means that he cheated on Trinity," I said.

"Let's say he is real. If that's the case, then who's gonna tell Trinity he cheated?"

"Jay will."

*next morning*

Trinity

My heart was beating out of my chest. Nev and Max are coming over the house today to share what they've found. I didn't know what to expect at all. Thinking about Jay not being real honestly made me so upset. I just wanted to stay optimistic, but it was difficult.

My doorbell rang. I rose from the couch and went over to the front door. I opened it and smiled. It was Nev, Max, and the camera crew again.

"Hey, guys!" I said.

"Hey, Trinity!" They exclaimed.

"What's up? You guys said you had news for me. What is it?" I asked.

"Let's sit down, first."

____________________

There's another cliffhanger! kinda lol I hope you guys enjoyed. The next chapter should be interesting ;) Vote and comment! 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.4K 4.4K 53
Based on the Netflix Series, "Love is Blind" "I've never been this scared before Feelings I just can't ignore Don't know if I should fight or fly But...
5.6K 626 44
First Place Winner In Action for The Stars In The Making Awards 2017 First Place winner In Action for The Token Awards 2017 *COMPLETED* || Highest...
413K 22.3K 82
Justin and Skylar are two confused young people, too afraid to let love happen. They have big dreams and lots to show each other, if only they got th...
565K 24.1K 51
It's going to be hard to get to happily ever after. Someone is watching us. They're three steps ahead of us, at every turn. I want to have faith in...