𝐈. 𝕗𝕝𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕤 | 𝗮. 𝘀𝗸𝘆...

By azureparis

Elara Montrose works as a waitress in one of the most infamous clubs of Coruscant's Entertainment District. A... More

𝕗𝕝𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕤
𝟏. 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐭
𝟑. 𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟒. 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬
𝟓. 𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝟔. 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐧
𝟕. 𝐬𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞
𝟖. 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟗. 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩
𝟏𝟎. 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤
𝟏𝟏. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟐. 𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐨
𝟏𝟑. 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝟏𝟒. 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐞

𝟐. 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐬

2.3K 55 10
By azureparis

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.
She works hard for the money,
so you better treat her right.

𝑬𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒂

The feeling of being in the hotel again feels soothing, which is something I never thought I'd think. I close the door behind me and lay on the bed. I sigh and smile. But soon the smile goes away as I have a bad feeling. Something inside me tells me my life is going to turn around completely. I remember the last hours, as they replay in my head.

As I exited the room, I felt how my leg was starting to feel normal again, and the cut in her arm was covered, it was better. I knew getting back to the hotel would be another topic, since the Padawan was definitely going to tell me something about the Force, or ask me some sort of question. Or maybe he had already spoken with his Master.

They followed me out of the room, and the Master told his Padawan something that I couldn't hear. I could have expanded my senses, but it would only make my Force presence more noticeable. The Master stood in front of me and gave me a nice, sincere smile. He seemed to be a nice man.

"Thank you for your collaboration," He started to say. "My Padawan will take you to the location you want." He said nicely, before he left me with his Padawan. He said goodbye and left, probably to report the information he had just received.

"Were do you need me to take you?"

"The market is good."

"I can take you to your house." The Padawan proposed, and I knew he meant good, but I shook my head. "It is much safer."

"I have my speeder in the market." I responded, with a small smile in my face, a sincere smile.

I obviously didn't want him to follow me or to know where I lived, who I was, but I didn't want to be rude to him. He nodded slowly and he pointed towards a hall, inviting me to walk out of the medical complex. He was going to ask me. I was sure of it. I couldn't sense what was going through his head, because I was blocking him and therefore, blocking myself.

When we arrived at the speeder, I got in the co-pilot's seat, taking a last look at the Jedi temple. It was enormous, for a moment, I dropped the blocking to know what it felt to be there. It felt amazing, she felt filled with energy, and she could sense the amount of life and the intensity of the Force in the building.

I had an impulse towards it, as if it was calling for me. But I block again all my senses, knowing that I am letting myself go. It felt attractive, the pull towards the Jedi. I turned to look at the young Jedi and he was getting in the pilot's seat.

"You had never been around the temple, right?" He asked, and I nodded looking forward. She suddenly felt weird and uncomfortable that she was alone with him. After all, he was a stranger. I didn't know him.

"Never."

"How does it feel?" He asked, as he started the speeder. I realized he was trying to get me to say something about the Force. I shrugged.

"It's a building. I can't feel anything." I responded, displaying an amused expression in my face. "If anything, it is intimidating. It's just huge." The young Jedi glanced at me, and I knew he was going to try something.

My head started to hurt a little, and blocking him started being difficult. I felt him pushing my senses, he wanted me to show my power. I looked at him, trying not to take my hands to my head, as it started to hurt more. He looked at me, getting his eyes off what they had in front. My eyes widened, and I could feel the headache increasing.

"Look at the front." I tried to say without showing my mental pain, and he just didn't stop looking at me.

"Admit it and I'll look to the front." He said, and I could almost see a smile showing in one of the edges of his mouth. I frowned at him and I closed my eyes, I concentrated all on pushing him out of my mind.

When I opened my eyes he frowned at me, probably feeling the pain. However, he still showed that faint smile, because he knew it was a victory for him. Then, he stopped pushing, and he looked again to the front, before we could collide with a building. I looked at the front, taking a deep breath and bringing my hand to my upper chest. He laughed softly as he proceeded to go in direction of the market.

"You are crazy." I spoke, taking a cigarette from my jacket, and I noticed that my hands were slightly trembling. "You almost killed us for a stupid confession." I put it between my lips, and I took my lighter.

He glanced at me quickly and I could see the smile in his face. He was enjoying it, but I was hating it. Specially hating him for doing that. He had no right, just because he is a Jedi he is not entitled to force a person to show their sensitivity in the Force.

"So, who are you?"

"Do you really expect me to answer?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow at him as I put the cigarette away from my mouth. He looked at me, and his plan was to stare at me, just like he had done before. I pointed at him with my cigarette. "That's not gonna work now, because I will take the steering wheel if I have to."

"Something tells me that if you don't want us to know, there's something behind it. You can either be dangerous or simply..." I raised an eyebrow at him, waiting for him to finish speaking. "Stupid."

"Nice" I let out, putting my cigarette between my lips again. He saw that my reaction to that hadn't been good, and he continued speaking, trying to explain himself.

"My master was interested and he will speak with the council. You may have an opportunity to leave certain things behind, to start a new life."

"Maybe I don't want to start a new life." I started to say as soon as he stopped speaking. "Less a Jedi life." He frowned at me and scoffed, looking to the front once again. There was a silence and I realized we were almost in the market. I inhaled through my cigarette one more time, as the speeder landed on the market. I got out of the speeder, dropping my cigarette in the ground. I gave him one last look. "Thank you for the ride." I let out, and I thought he wouldn't be able to hear it. But he did. I started to leave, and I wasn't stopped. I could finally go back to the hotel room.

I can't tell if it's a good thing or a bad thing. I am not sure if this the life path I am supposed to follow. I have always been lost, I've always felt like I didn't belong anywhere. And I still feel lost. Maybe I could use a change. But at the same time, this is as good as my life has gotten in terms of happiness in all my life. I know there must be more out there, but I'm afraid of losing the few things I actually have. I close my eyes, taking all the thoughts away and without even taking my clothes off, I fall asleep.

"Elara, don't let them find you" My mother told me with a small smile, as she held my hand tightly. I looked up at her and frowned, confused. I didn't think the Jedi were bad. I actually had thought and dreamed about being one when I was in the orphanage, they seemed to be adventurous and I loved adventures. I would dream about traveling far away, to save planets and fight for what's right. "I don't want that life for you" Then, my mother was just telling me that it was wrong. And I didn't know what to think anymore. I knew I had the Force on my side now, but I couldn't make any use out of it to make my life better. And I couldn't be like him.

"But.. I want to be like my father." I told her honestly, speaking my thoughts out loud. She puts her hand on my cheek and smiles proudly at me.

"Oh darling, you'll be even better" She tells me, and I look down. I understand that she wants me to be strong, she really does, but in the shadows. I don't want to hide "Promise me, Elara. Promise me you'll stay out of the Jedi Order. You would never be happy there. I want you to live a normal life, being a Jedi would break you. We would never see each other again." And just like that, her dreams and aspirations had been shattered.

I wake up, disturbed at the memory. I close my eyes sitting up, I rub them and yawn. I look around me, making my eyes adjust to the light that is entering through the windows. There's a feeling I don't like. I feel like there's someone watching me. I look around my room just in case, looking for someone but there's no one here with me. I'm alone. However, the feeling is still there. As I close my eyes and sit up straight, the feeling intensifies. I frown and try to sense where it is coming from. I push to feel what it is, but when I'm almost there, it disappears. I open my eyes, taking a deep breath. Someone was trying to reach my mind, trying to observe my feelings.

I look at the time just to realize that I have no time to focus on who was invading my privacy. I have to get ready for today's working day and put my everyday outfit for my job. I sigh and go to the balcony, where the sight of the recently woken up city are splendid. I take a look at the sky and smile, noticing the light blue and orange as the day starts. I go back into the room, and before I wear my clothes, I check on my wounds, which are doing amazing. I put on the clothes for my job and I take my jacket, with my black bag. My mother gave me both of them them to me for my twelfth birthday, when she came to visit me at the orphanage first the first time.

I leave the room quietly, knowing everything can be heard in these halls, and close the door slowly, following the routine I am used to doing everyday. As soon as I'm out of the hotel, I get on Vasma's speeder and reach the Outlanders Club. The ride is great, as the air seems to be more fresh in the morning. It's all a sensation, as I know that that couldn't be farther from the truth. It also feels nice to have a speeder to use for myself, without having to depend on public transport services. I leave the speeder in a part of the of the parking spaces near the club. When I enter the club, I wave my co-workers, but specially Iago, since he is the more friendly.

"Hey, how are you?" Iago asks with a smile drawn on his face as I leave my things behind the bar. I put my things in my part of the tiny cupboard and get up quickly, looking at him as I sigh.

"I'm fine" I lie with a forced smile, but I've forced so many smiles that it almost looks real and natural now. "I'm having a good week, you know" I say as I take some of the glasses from a cupboard and place them on the counter. Meanwhile, he stops preparing some alcoholic mixes for the day, and looks at me, leaning on to the counter.

"To be honest, I'm having the best week of my life," He tells me with excitement, and I can sense his happiness. Feeling it, makes me smile, and it slightly makes me feel better myself. "Life's good, girl, even rent is good." He says with a smirk.

"And why's that?" I ask with another smirk "Something tells me you got really lucky yesterday" He hits me with his fist in my arm smiling.

"Stop! I'm not always sex, sex, sex, you know?" He says narrowing his eyes. "You've a dirty mind." I flip my hair and smile at him, raising my eyebrows.

"Guess where I got it from" I reply as I finish putting the glasses on the counter. "You don't deny it, though."

"Maybe because you're right..."

"Then I'm not wrong at all," I respond laughing softly, and I look at him. "I just know you and your sexual needs." I tell him amused, and he shrugs.

We are interrupted by the boss, who tells us what we have to do today. However, it doesn't differ from our daily tasks. Everyday is the same thing, just like I said before: a routine. He commands us to do our chores and jobs, attend the customers and if something else is required of us, we'll be told. Before the club opens, we have to clean it and prepare it. While we are wiping the floor, Iago dances sensually as the music in the background plays, both of us having a great time as always. I start cleaning the club for tonight with my co-workers and just after we had lunch we finish. Then the club opens, we sing if we have to, we serve drinks and then go home. But tonight breaks my routine, just like the night before.

As I am attending in the bar, I start preparing some drinks for a couple of clients. I give them their drinks and a smile, as a way of telling them 'enjoy'. While I am in the club, I always block my senses from the Force, as the club was overwhelming. The same sensations went through these people. I am cleaning the counter as a man approaches the bar. However I don't look at him yet, as I have to drop in the sink the cloth I was cleaning with and clean my hands.

"Welcome to the Outlanders Club. What can I do for you?" I ask as I turn to face the man with a smile. However, when my eyes meet the man, my smile starts fading slowly. I find the Jedi boy from yesterday, with his dirty blonde hair and his blue eyes in front of me. I try to keep the smile on my face and he leans onto the counter, looking at the menu.

"I think I'll have a Taung's Breath, please" He says with a smirk, and I feel a deep pain in my chest. I feeI a sting in my chest, and I feel the urge to glare at him. However, I force a smile, however, I try to make it obvious that it is not real, not natural. I start preparing the drink, and I feel anger, rage increasing in my mind, and I felt my body burning from it.

"What are you doing here?" I ask nervous and confused, however, I cannot see his face and I am trying to block him from sensing my feelings. He knows where I work, it's impossible to run away from them now. If they were able to find me without my name, I'm not going to be able to stop them. My choices are limited. I hand him the drink and Iago walks behind the bar to attend other customers.

"My master sent me" He answers, as I know look at him. He is not disappointed or angry or mad, and I don't need to use the Fore to notice. He is enjoying this. I check on Iago to find him serving some drinks. I ask him for one doing a signal with my hand. He comes over with a nice smile, I look at him and he notices my nervousness.

"I'm going to go to booth number nine, bring me a Purple Rain" I tell him, forcing a smile. He raises his eyebrows with surprise and worry. He knows I never drink here, we had gone out to drink a few times, but I had said that I'd never drink.

"Elara, you know how strong we-"

"I know" He nods, and I look back at the boy, as I angrily get out of the counter. He follows me, but he seems calmed, relaxed and comfortable, while I am just feeling anger and frustration. I arrive at booth number 9, which is in a corner and it gives you privacy to speak. I sit down and the young Jedi looks around, before sitting down. "What does your master want? The money?" I ask nervously "I need that money, I can't give it back"

"No, he doesn't want the money back" He replies, frowning at me, but not in confusion. His frown indicates that he is going to be serious now. "I think you know why I am here."

"I just thought my answer was clear yesterday" I mumble. He narrows his eyes at me, trying to understand my position. I feel him trying to push my emotional barriers, and I frown at him. "You're not gonna get anything. Don't try." The pressure stops, and he just opens his mouth to say something. However, Iago brings me the drink and I mouth him a 'thank you', therefore interrupting the Jedi boy. Iago leaves, but not until he had eyed the man I was talking to. I'm about to take the drink but the boy in front of me moves it away from me, with the force. I raise my eyebrow "What do you think you're doing?" I tell him moving it closer to me with the Force.

"That's not good for you." He warns me, and I see genuine concern in his eyes. But I laugh softly and shake my head.

"Well, I'm sure I had worse" He looks at the drink but then he looks away "I can take care of myself"

"How did you learn that?" He asks, now with a hint of curiosity. "Where did you learn to control objects?" The question catches me off guard, and I frown. I honestly don't have an answer. I just grew up and I noticed I could do things with the energy around me.

"Um... I don't know, I've been doing it since I was small" I reply looking down. For a while we stay silent, but I decide not to leave now. I could but, I won't go away, they would find me. They know how to find me. Although I would like to know. "How did you find me?"

"We had your blood." He responds, with a half smile. I bite my lip at my own stupidity. I drink some of the drink I ordered. Of course, they had been able to access her DNA. She had given them her DNA. "I came here to offer you something."

"I don't want to be a-."

"Listen, just... listen." He interrupts her, as he leans on the table, closer to her. "My master, Obi-Wan spoke to the council about you. I wasn't the only one who felt how strong you are with the Force." He explains, as I listen to him and stare at him blankly, trying not to show any emotion. "And you know you are."

"I am just a girl who is trying to survive."

"Why are you so insistent about not being a Jedi?" He asks me, not able to get my reasoning.

"Well, I just don't want to give up the possibility of having a normal life. I want to be able to choose."

"Elara." He says, and it is the first time he says my name, confirming that they know my identity. It made me look at his eyes, the fact that he called me by my name. "I've read where you come from. I read about the orphanage. Don't you think you deserve to be more than a bartender, more than a waitress?" I look at him and I can see for brief moment myself in the Jedi. Fighting, running, exploring, living. I want that. But then I picture my mother.

"That's unfair then." I simply reply. "You get to know everything about me, and I know nothing about you." I am still angry, I feel like my privacy has been invaded and like my decisions are not being respected. I must admit that I honestly never felt like I could take my own decisions and yes, this could be an opportunity. But I am not going to say that. Not out loud. I can't entirely admit it to myself. As my mother keeps appearing in my mind.

"You really want to know about me?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. However, he looks more serious now, and that's when I know that he doesn't like to speak about it. I've triggered something. He drinks from his glass for the first time, and he takes a deep breath. Although I cannot tell if it's due to the drink or to his past. Maybe both. "I come from nothing, but I had to leave things behind to become a Jedi. I'm grateful to the order for getting me out of the situation I lived in, because I've grown strong, happy and lived experiences I would had never have if I had stayed there." I stare at him, knowing that what he is telling me is really personal. If he shares it, it must have a reason. He either wants to help me, like they helped him, or he feels guilty for reading about me. I drink again, and my throat burns, much more than when I smoke. I look at my drink, and think for a moment. He was offering me something.

"What was your offer?" I say as I raise my eyes to look at him, and he does the same. His eyes meet mine, and I can see a spark of hope, as if he truly believed in me. I don't even believe in myself, why would he?

"The Council wants to meet you. Despite your age, they are willing to test you for a week. A week for them to check your level, a week for you to decide if you like it. Just a week." He explains. I can see a smile in the edge of his mouth. The proposition is tempting. I can't think about not taking it. It is a trial. You can step back from trials. Trials don't have to definitive. I could try to see how is it, if I can really do it. "And I have a friend you could stay with while you are still in trial."

"I have my own place."

"No you don't." The Jedi speaks confidently, making me frown. "You've been staying in an hotel in one of the outer districts." I scoff and shake my head, incredulously. I cannot believe the amount of information they have about me. However, the only information they won't be able to find is my father's identity. I was given my mother's surname when I was born.

"Seriously?" I narrow my eyes at him. "You just had bloody DNA."

"There are databases available for the Jedi to find people easily." He states drinking again from his glass. I take a deep breath and shake my head. These Jedis have everything in their hand to do whatever they want. "What do you say to the offer?"

"I don't know..." I tell him really sorry. I can't become a Jedi. But, in truth, I've always wanted to be one, to hold a lightsaber and fight for the common good, go on adventures and save people. When I found out my father had been a Jedi, I just wanted to be one. I wanted to feel closer to him, and maybe, just maybe, it would give me confidence.

"Can I?" He says looking at the drink. I look at it, then at Anakin.

"Isn't it bad for your body?" I ask him narrowing my eyes. He rolls his eyes, and I grin slightly, finding it funny. I pass him the drink and he drinks a bit. Then he sighs.

"This drink, I've got a feeling, is like you." He starts to say, holding the glass in his hand. "Explosive, maybe bitter without meaning to, but at the end there is a sweetness to it that balances all. And the mixture of all those ingredients together, makes a strong one." I curiously look at him, understanding what he means and debating with myself if I should feel insulted or flattered.

"That's a terrible metaphor you know" I comment raising my eyebrows at him amused, and I achieve to make him laugh a bit. He smiles widely and, somehow, that manages to draw a smile on my face. His smile is beautiful, and almost contagious. He is very attractive, too much for being a Jedi.

"I know, but the point is that... The Force is too strong with you to let you go." He says looking at me. I look down. "Take this opportunity, don't throw it away because you'll regret it."

"Do you regret it?"

"I would be lying if I told you I don't miss what I left behind, but I don't regret it." He honestly speaks. I look at him and I know it is now or never. It is a great opportunity: to choose for myself, to get out of the routine I hate, to live a different life and meet different people, to learn new things. It is my chance.

"Alright. Yes. I accept." I can see the smile that appears in his face, as he nods and he hands me a portable communicator. I take a deep breath, as I know this is a big decision. It is a trial, but it could mean a great change for me. He stands up and I have to stand up too.

"I'll go a pick you up tomorrow. If you have anything to ask, any emergency you can always call me." He says as I follow him to the door of the club. "Elara Montrose, it was nice speaking to you."

"I don't think I got your name."

"I'm Anakin." He tells me as he starts leaving through the door. "Anakin Skywalker." I watch him leave the club, as he dedicates me a smile. I take a breath as I realize what I had agreed to.

"Who was he?" He asks curious and wiggling his eyebrows. I laugh and shake my head.

"Um, just someone that wanted to offer me another job" I tell him without specifying.

"What kind of job?" Iago murmurs as we watch Anakin leaving through the door "He looks like a snack."

"Iago!" I exclaim punching his arm and laughing. He leaves the counter as he's called by one of the bosses. I stare at the door where Anakin had just left. I know that boy is going to change my life. I just don't know how. Breaking free of my thoughts, I walk behind the counter and I continue serving drinks. I may not be able to come back here anymore, I am risking a lot with this Jedi trial. I hope it is worth it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 452 37
𝕧𝕠𝕚𝕕 - a completely empty space "I'm trapped in the darkness." She whispered into his ear. His arms slipped around her waist, heart aching for h...
3.8K 35 16
Terri Walder is a Padawan in training by her master and mother figure Summer Rose. But when she travels to Tatooine with Qui-Gon, her two best friend...
40.8K 922 60
Anakin Skywalker recently married the love of his life Padmé Amidala. He discovers one of her darkest secrets and looses her. Her betrayal may lead t...
879 9 14
Yosiah Shaha was a young boy when he heard the prophecy of the Chosen One. Growing up skeptical of the Jedi Order, he held strong of the faith that A...