Teach Me

By lowkeydisaster

"Just don't tell anyone please" I looked him in the eyes. "I won't, your secret is safe with me," I sighed in... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Big question.

Chapter Ten

6.3K 142 5
By lowkeydisaster

The video at the top gives you a visual on how Jai and Scarlet's dance went. (watch from 0:00 - 2:00)

And the picture at the top is how Scarlet looked.

--------------------

Hope you're enjoying the story, it's gonna be a hell of a ride!The morning had consisted of me running around the house getting ready for tonight's Masquerade Party. The party started at 7pm but I rather start to get ready now then leave it to last minute. I decided to make a effort for this party as Jai had said the place was fancy with fancy people. Once all my makeup was sitting in front of me I carefully started putting it on. After many attempts and time gone by I had completed my black smokey eye makeup with nude lipstick, I was pretty proud of what I accomplished. For my hair I had gone with just straightening it and leaving it down as it gave off the whole elegant look. Now what I have been waiting for all day, dress time! I had got up from the desk and walked over to my dress which was lying on my bed. I undressed out of my pj's and slipped on the delicate dress. Luckily I had managed to pull up the zip on the back, the dress fit perfectly. I slowly walked to my full mirror and was shocked with my reflection. I didn't recognise myself at all but I surprisingly really liked my appearance. The dress was a long black tight-fitting lace dress which I had complimented with black heels. I heard my phone buzz so I went over and checked the message.

Jai -
I'm on my way

Me -
Cool. I'm ready.

With that done I grabbed my black mask (that matched the dress beautifully) and my phone. I slowly walked downstairs not wanting to fall and break myself in these heels. I stood waiting by the front door to where I heard a car pull up, I peeked out the window and saw Jai coming towards the door. Seconds later the doorbell rang, I opened it and standing there was a very handsome Jai.

"W-woah" his mouth fell open making me give out a small laugh.

"You look good Jai" I smirked.

"Scar you look beautiful" He spoke looking at me up and down.

"Thanks" I smiled at him as I turned to lock the door and walk to Jai's car. As I got closer I saw someone in the drivers seat so I got into the backseat followed by Jai.

"You look amazing" Beau spoke from the drivers seat.

"Thanks" Jai and I said at the same time making me laugh.

"Cunt, I was talking to Scarlet" Beau spoke turning the engine on.

"Yeah she does look good" He said turning to me and smiling.

"Got your mask?" I asked him.

"Yep have you?" He pulled out a black mask that matched with his tight fitting black suit.

"Mine matches perfectly with yours" I said showing him mine.

I had turned my head to look in the rear view mirror so I could put my mask on. I placed in on my head but struggled to tie the ribbon at the back. Jai laughed at me struggling then grabbed the ribbon and tied it for me.

"Thanks. Now you can hardly recognise me" I spoke.

"Hardly recognise us" He corrected as he put his mask on. He was right.

"You kids don't get up to too much" Beau winked as he parked in front of the party letting us out.

"Shut up" Jai spoke getting out.

"Cya Beau" I said as I got out.

Jai came by my side and we both waved Beau away. The building was huge and so light up from the outside.

"You're majesty" Jai said as he held his hand out for me to hold. I laughed at how cringey he was and grabbed his hand. People were piling into the front door so we followed inside. My mouth fell open at the sight of the place from the inside. The place was incredible, words couldn't describe how beautiful this place looked. When Jai said fancy I didn't know he meant the Queen's palace kinda fancy. I looked around at all the people who were dressed in flawless yet delicate dresses along with their partners in fitting suits.

"Holy shit" Jai was just as shocked at the sight of the party. We both walked down the stairs, people were already dancing to the soft music playing.

"I wonder if they'll play trap queen" Jai joked.

"Yeah definitely in a place like this they will play rap music" I playfully shoved him.

"They're over there" He said pointing to a group of people.

"They?" I asked.

"Daniel, James, Luke, Ashley, Jessica and Sienna" He replied as we walked over to them. I recognised the names as no other than the schools 'popular group'. Great. I obviously couldn't make out who they all were as their masks hid their identity as good as mine did but I could tell with the way they speak and hair etc. Luckily they wouldn't know recognize me (even without a mask) as at school I was literally a nobody to them. I gulped as I we approached them as from the rumours and cliché of the popular group they didn't seem like nice people.

"Hey man" One spoke, I made it out as Daniel's voice.

"Hey. This place is fancy as fuck" Jai spoke making people around as look at us.

"I know. The main dance starts in 10 minutes" Jessica (I think) said.

"Jai if we're all here then who's your date?" Ashley asked.

"You'll find out soon. She's cool" He casually replied. They all gave me confused expressions.

"Hey" I said giving a small wave to them. Non of them replied.

"Well we're gonna get a drink then get ready for the main dance. Don't get too shocked by my moves bitches" Jai laughed as we walked away.

"They're friendly" I laughed off.

"They're not that welcoming to new people but they will learn to like you" Jai smiled passing me a drink then taking a sip of his.

"So how will the plan work if they're not that open to new people?" I asked referring to Jai's idea at the diner.

"If I like you they will too" He spoke. I didn't question him more so I looked around at the people dancing, they were really good.

"We're better" he said as he saw me looking at the dancers.

"You ready for the big dance?" I asked.

"Fuck yeah" He whispered so his language wouldn't be heard by others around us. With that said the announced told people to come to the dance-floor to get ready for the big dance.

[A/N Jai and Scarlet's dance routine is at the top. Watch from 0.00 to 2.00)

We both walked over and took our positions along with the other dancers. All the girls were lined up opposite to their partners who were lined up too. My heart was racing as a crowd formed around us even the popular's stood at the front staring both of us down. I looked at Jai who was opposite me, I gave a nervous smile but he mouthed to me 'don't worry'. This was the first time in ages that I had danced in front of such a crowd. The room fell silent as we all waited for the music to play. The intro to the song Bust Your Windows - Jazmine Sullivan played. Both lines began to walk to each other in time to the beat, the voice to the song came in just in time to when everyone met their partners touch. He placed one arm around my back and another holding my hand out. Our feet moved perfectly in time with each other and all the other dancers. The chorus to the song played making the song become more upbeat. Jai dipped me with his strong arms keeping me gripped tight, I saw Jai's group intensely staring at us without a expression just like the rest of the crowd. We both twirled without loosing eye contact. I saw the twinkle in his hazel eyes  from the chandelier light above us. Our faces were so close together but it strangely felt comfortable. Just like all the other women we swiftly switched partners to our right, I was met with a blue eyed boy that was leading me more than both of us dancing. It felt uneasy but it wasn't too long until the girls were twirled with back to their original partners. Just as the song ended Jai caught my waist and my hands held his neck. The dancers held their positions as the audience applauded.

Jai and my eyes were still locked together, our faces were centimetres apart, I could feel our lips automatically come closer together but we were interrupted by all the dancers bumping into us as they walked away from the dance floor. We snapped back into reality and quickly pulled apart.

"T-that was a-amazing" I stuttered.

"Um yeah" He replied as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom" I stated keeping away from eye contact.

"I'll be over there" He replied walking to his group of friends. I quickly ran to the bathroom.

What the hell just happened between us?! One second we were dancing and the next we were about to kiss. I ran into a cubicle and smacked my head for letting myself fall into a trance with him. Although I can't deny that dance was something. When we're dancing together it feels like everyone else disappears. I got hold of myself as I concluded that the moment we shared was nothing. We were too caught up in the moment. I walked back out of the bathroom and saw Jai exactly where I left him. He was looking in my direction, our eyes caught each others, he smiled then turned around.

"Hey" I said approaching the group.

"You both were amazing. Jai I never knew you could dance like that" Sienna spoke literally drooling over Jai.

"You were fucking amazing too" James staring at me.

"Thank you" I replied.

"I'm so fucking confused though. Who are you?" Luke asked me. I was about to say something when Jai cut in.

"We're gonna go. I'll see you in a bit" Jai said as he grabbed my hand and led me to the back of the room.

"Thanks for that. I didn't know what to say" I thanked him.

"They'll find out soon but now isn't the time" Jai smirked. Jai carried on walking until we were outside of the place in what seemed like the garden. This place never failed to amaze me as even the garden looked so beautiful. In front of us was a tree arch covered in sparkling lights that led into a huge lit up path between the trees.

"Even the garden looks amazing" I spoke as we walked through the arch.

"Sure does" he sighed.

"I'm pretty sure we were the best dancers there" I smiled.

"We were, when we had to switch partners the girl I had kept stepping on my fucking toes" I laughed as we sat down on the bench.

"The guy I had was definitely better than you" I smirked at him.

"I know when you're lying plus no one can dance as good as me" He confidently said making me laugh.

"Yeah yeah. If I'm being honest you're the best male dance partner I've ever had"

"Thanks, through all my dances I've had with a girl, you're by far the best girl I've danced with" I smiled at his comment.

Silence fell between us as I sat back and looked up at the sky. The stars looked beautiful, they lit up the whole sky. I slowly looked back at Jai to see he was looking up at the sky too. The light shone on his face showing his facial features clearly. His hazel eyes were what stood out the most, you could even see the stars through his them. In the amount of time we've spent together it was the first time I actually saw what other girls saw in him.

"It's not nice to stare Scar" He smirked looking at me. I blushed then looked down at my shoes.

"I was looking at the trees next to you" I spoke realising it was a lame explanation.

"Nice try" he said.

"Now look who's staring now" I laughed. I looked back up to see people were going back inside. The party was probably about to end.

"Allow me to take you home" Jai said standing up and bowing down to me placing his hand out.

"You're an actual idiot" I laughed taking his hand.

Tonight has been one of the best nights ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 1.5K 57
❝ a tale of hate, heat and healing.❞ β€’β€’β€’β€’ Did you ever feel like punching someone in the face, with a brick, repeatedly? That's exactly how Adele Had...
1.8K 101 83
Sage and Meri, The perfect couple if you ask their friends. Do they think so too? hmm no. they are best friends. They have known each other since the...
85.2K 2K 4
Crushed and left to gather up the pieces of an unforeseen breakup, Sadie Marshall has to divulge into who she was before her relationship. Certainly...