Gotta Be You (1D fanfic)

By ChocolateCupcake12

What are the chances of 5 long lost best friends meet up at college and get a room next to 5 extremely hot gu... More

Characters
Chapter 1: College
Chapter 2: Best Day of my Life
Chapter 3: IzZayn <3
Chapter 4: The Devils Arrive
Chapter 5: Louis Past
Chapter 6:LiAzel <3
Chapter 7: Save you Tonight
Chapter 8: Niolet<3 (Part 1)
Chapter 9: Look at the stars, look how they shine for you <3
Chapter 10: Niolet <3 (Part 2)
Chapter 11: Taken a Part of Me
Chapter 12: Harry or Finn?
Chapter 13: The Audition
Chapter 14: Quick to Judge
Chapter 15: We Build Then We Break

Chapter 16: Don't Let Me Go

89 5 8
By ChocolateCupcake12

Previously:

"I need to be with someone who I can depend on and who can trust me and I feel like you can't" I said my voice cracking, he knew what was coming next. His expression fell and his mouth opened.

"Izzy" he said desperately

"Zayn please I just think we should "  I paused before saying the next part

"Split Up"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louis' P.O.V

Its been a week since Izzy and Zayn broke up. Zayns not been himself, he stays in his room and just sits on his bed, staring into the distance, like he's seen a ghost. Izzy, well Rose said she's okay. She occasionally misses him but not as much as he does.  

"C'mon Zayn, you can't be depressed forever" I said slapping his back

"Your girlfriend didn't break up with you" he mumbled, this made me angry. He's complaining about how sad he was but he wouldn't do anything about it 

"MAN UP AND TALK TO HER ABOUT IT IF YOU MISS HER SO MUCH" I scolded before leaving to the kitchen. I grabbed a granola bar and grabbed my bag. Today was the day the Grease parts were revealed. I would meet Rose at the auditorium so we could find out who got in together. I left and saw Rose waiting outside for me.

"Hey I thought we were meeting at the auditorium" I said as we walked to the elevators

"We were but I couldn't go by myself, too nervous" she answered

"Don't be" I said taking her hand and giving her a reasuring smile.

"Hows Zayn?" she asked

"He's okay, I told him to man up today" I smirked as we entered the elevator, I pressed the button to the ground floor.

"LOU!" she exclaimed hitting me on the shoulder.

"What he's over reacting, its not like he was in love with her" I shrugged, "And owww"

"And how do you know that" she asked as the doors of the lift opened.

"Because you don't fall in love in a few weeks" I replied as we walked out the doors and into the hall way.

"Why not, anything can happen" she replied in a naive way

"Its the human nature I guess" I responded. We were quiet for a while.

"Louis, were you ever in love" she asked. I went quiet and looked down. I had been in love before. 

"You don't have to answer it if you don't want to" she said looking at me

"I was in love once but it didn't work out" I replied sadly

"Lou I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked that" she apologized hugging me

"Do you still miss her?" she asked

"Sometimes but then I remember that she's not coming back. Anyway I've got you, what more could I need. Now Ms. Rose we must go check if I can call you Ms. Sandy now" I smiled while cuddling her as we walked to the auditorium. I knew she wanted to know more about how it was like, to be in love. Its amazing, you feel complete and you feel infinite. Thats what I wanted to tell her but its not that. Its not like on TV, you never would've imagined that you would find the right person who completes you but you end up blinded by love and nothing seems more important than that person. Everything you do is for them and thats great if the other person is doing the same for you but if they aren't well then its hell after you breakup. You dedicated your life for them, you don't have a life of your own so when they're gone you don't know what to do. You put your life on hold for months even years because you don't want to believe they're gone and theres that small piece inside of you that believes that they're coming back for you when really they've moved on and will not be coming back.

      We got to the auditorium just when Ms.Headley had finished putting up the casts. We ran to the board with the list. My heart was pounding, I forgot how nervous I was. Rose looked even more nervous though, she was shaking. I took her hand and smiled at her reassuringly. We looked at the list. Luckily for us since we auditioned for the main parts it would be at the top so we didn't have to look through the list. First was Danny Zuco, the part I auditioned for.

Danny Zuco------------------------- Louis Tomlinson

Sandy Olsen----------------------- Rose Emerson

I was so happy and relieved that we got the part. I turned to face Rose and hugged her.

"We did it Rose" I smiled

"Its Sandy Danny" she smirked. Someone came into the room, someone wearing heels and walking pretty fast. I turned to see who it was. It was Scarlette. 

Rose's P.O.V

I was over the moon, I was casted as Sandy and Louis as Danny. 

"I really don't understand why you're so happy" I turned around and saw Scarlette. 

"I mean I don't even know why you auditioned if it was obvious that I was going to get casted as Sandy" she snarled. I didn't say anything, I wanted to see her face when she found out she wasn't Sandy. She walked up to the board and looked at the list. Her face scrunched up angrily. I couldn't help but smile, I have two things she wanted now mwahahahahaha (its an evil laugh okay). 

"Have fun being Sandy while it lasts, they'll eventually get rid of you and I'll be Sandy" she threatened

"Yes Scarlette they will kick me out of the production for no reason" I replied sarcastically

"Oh no there is a reason hun. You'll be rehersing with Louis day on and day out. You'll think your doing great but Ms. Headley and Mr. Downey will know something is missing" she answered walking around us like a vulture. 

"And whats that" Louis said clearly annoyed.

"Love. You to don't love each other and never will because we both know that Louis will always have feelings for me" she smirked. They were dating and then they broke up why would he still have feelings for her. I looked at Louis and looked sort of worried.

"What do you mean he will always have feelings for you" I asked confused

"You didn't tell her" Scarlette asked Louis shocked.

"Oh Rosie" she said putting her arm around me. I tried to push her away but she was pretty strong

"I was his first and only love"

Harry's P.O.V

The bell went and I grabbed my Geography books and started going to Biology. I wanted to get there quickly so I could talk to Katy, or at least try to. We haven't had a proper talk in ages and that 7 minutes in heaven didn't help, it made things more awkward. Honestly I didn't know why it was awkward, who am I kidding it obvious why its awkward. She's dating Finn and I like her, thats why I feel awkward around her. I still want to be friends with her though. 

"Harry wait up" someone called, I turned around and saw Olive walking behind me. I stopped and waited for her. 

"Hi Olive" I smiled as we walked to the science department corridor. 

"Hi Harry, we haven't talked in a while" she responded

"Yea we haven't have we. How have you been?" I asked

"Fine, I've got this essay to do for Chemistry and its killing me" she said

"You'll do fine don't worry, just don't leave it to the last minute" I said

"I won't. Are you busy this weekend?" she asked

"I don't think so why?" I said looked for Katy not really paying attention to what she was saying. I saw her and shouted her name. She turned to me and smiled weakly. Then she saw Olive, she froze and continued walking. 

"One minute Olive" I said before running to Katy. I grabbed her arm and she turned to me. 

"Whats wrong?" I asked

"Nothing" she lied, there was definately wrong. She wouldn't have just walked away when she saw me. Even though it wasn't the same we still talked on the way to class. Olive came to us. 

"Are you going to introduce me?" she asked

"This is Katy, Katy Olive" I introduced. 

"Nice to meet you" Olive smiled and they shook hands. Nothing was said after that. 

"Well I'm going to chemistry. Nice meeting you again Katy and Harry don't forget Saturday at 6" she smiled before walking away. What was happened on Saturday. 

"Harry's got a date ay" Katy said as we walked into the class. 

"I didn't even know" I admitted, she looked at me wide eyes as we sat down. 

"Listen Harry please don't get too close with her, I don't want you to get hurt" she plead

"Why?" I asked confused

"She's friends with Scarlette, I had an encounter with them" she said biting her lip. Olive and Scarlettes friend? But she seems nice unlike Scarlette. 

"Encounter?" I asked looking at her worried. Any encounter with Scarlette can never be good. 

"I can't tell you but please don't get too close with her" she said as Mr.Fitz came in. He began teaching us about reactions and things. I took notes but i had no idea what of. I couldn't concentrate, all I could think about was their encounter. How bad could it be, I mean maybe Olive stood up for Katy. She is kind and sweet. I looked over at Katy, she was taking notes. Even her handwriting was perfect. The lesson dragged on and I couldnt wait for it to finish. The bell rang and i grabbed my bag and walked to Katy.

"Katy please tell me, I can't let you get hurt. I can help you" I tried to convince her to tell me as we left the class

"I can't tell anyone and especially not you" she said, "I shouldn't even be talking to you now"

"Then why are you" I asked

"Because I miss talking to you" she said

"Then talk to me about this" I plead

"Fine but not here" she said biting her lip and looking around. She saw a a small room and pulled me into it. It smelled of soap and those window cleaner liquids. 

"I was leaving Bio and I bumped into Olive. She saw us talking and said that I have to stay away from you. Scarlette came and said that if I didn't she would hurt me. I told her we had those pics of her when she was in high school but she broke into your room and got rid of them" she said quickly then turned around to see if anyone heard eventhough we were in a tiny room. 

"Hey" I said pulling her toward me into a hug,

"I'm going to protect you okay. I don't care how dangerous it will be, I will protect you" I reassured kissing the top of her head. 

"Thanks Harry, I don't mean to ruin this moment but we have music know and we will be late if we don't leave know" she giggled. We exited the room and ran to the music room. We got there just in time. 

"Phew you guys got here in time" Hazel exclaimed hugging Katy. 

"Yea I wasn't in the mood to do any pushups" she smiled, if we were late for music Mr. Haymitch would make you do something you didn't want to do. For example, Dylan was late a few days ago and he made him dress up in a chicken costume and go into a classroom and sing somthing. It was hillarious but that was probably the most embarrasing thing thats ever happened to him. 

"It doesn't make sense though. I mean he's always late but he doesn't have to do anything like that." Violet exclaimed

"Wheres Izzy and Zayn?" Katy asked

"Izzy has to stick up posters and things but she should be here" Rose said

"I saw Zayn leaving the campus, I have no idea why though. I tried to ask him where he was going but he looked like he was in a rush" Niall said. Mr. Haymitch walked in and began to explain our task. I took Katys hand. She looked down at her hand then up at me. I smiled at her reassuring that everything would be okay. She smiled back and I felt happy. I didn't care that Scarlette plans to sabotage our life, I didn't care that Katy was dating Finn. That space in my heart that was filled with despair is now filled with hope because me and Katy are back to the way it was. 

Izzy's P.O.V

 I got to 1st and 2nd period today (yay) to stick up posters and stuff like that. I grabbed my bag and a banana and went to Mr. Johnsons office. Jake was waiting outside for me. 

"Hey, got everything" I asked

"Yup" he replied. Ms. Julie let us into his office.

"Good Morning sir" we said before sitting down on the two chairs infront of his desk.

"Good Morning Izzy and Jake. What have you two made? Have you arranged what week this will take place?" he asked putting down a paper he was reading. 

"It will take place next week. We've made these posters and we made a video which we hope you could play tomorrow on the TVs" I said giving him the blue posters which had a picture of Pete on it and all the information about next week and a USB with the video on it. Pete looked like Jake, they had the same brown eyes as him and the same smile. Seeing a picture of him and then imagining him in hospital broke my heart. 

"Also we were hoping that we could make an announcement in lunch" Jake added. 

"Okay, good job guys. You can make copies of the posters in the printings rooms and if you need anyhting else just ask me" he said putting the posters down

"Thank you" we said before we left. We started walking to the printing room. 

"Any news about Peter" I asked

"Ya, my mum said he's recovering" he replied

"Thats great" I smiled. We walked in silence to the printing room. The corridors were empty since everyone was in class. The printing room was near Mr. Johnsons room so it didn't take long to get there. Once we were there I began to photocopy the posters.

"Izzy what happened between you and Zayn?" Jake asked nervously. I looked up at him, my eyes filled with sorrow. I did miss him even though I didn't show it. I missed his tight hugs, his hazel eyes that would light up when he laughed or smiled, how he constantly bit his lip when he was nervous. 

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked that. You don't have to answer it, its too personal" he appologised when he saw my face. I still hadn't said anything, I didn't want to tell him since he is the reason I broke up with Zayn, well sort of the reason. I regret making that descision now, when ever he walks by or when I see him I feel this pain in my chest like someone's stabbed me on the inside. We finished photocopying the posters and went out and begun putting them up on pillars, walls even on teachers doors. It took about an hour to put up all the posters around the first floor of the campus and in the campus park. 

"We did it, well almost" he smiled after we had finished. He put his hand up for a high five which I did. 

"Your mum is proud of you" I said to him. He smiled and I saw a tear roll down his face. 

"Is the famous Jake crying" I exclaimed laughing

"Pfffttt no, its just that I've got hay fever" he lied. 

"Its barely spring" I laughed. We stood awkwardly for a few seconds.

"Izzy, I want to thank you for everything. Without you I wouldn't have been able to do this. Heck I would still be Scarlettes minion. And I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you and your friends, I didn't mean to get in the way of your life" he said making me smile. I went over and hugged him.

"Its the least we could do" I said still hugging him. I let go and he looked me in the eyes.

"I'm gonna regret saying this but I really like you Izzy. I want to get to know you better so if you're not busy we could go for lunch today or tomorrow" he asked nervously. 

"Jake, I can't. My best friend is your ex and I'm not ready to be in a relationship. You're a great guy and there is a girl who is perfect for you but that girl isn't me" I replied slightly shocked

"Ya I kinda guessed you would say that. Can we pretend that didn't happen" he asks and I nod. 

"I need to go get some things from the DIY store, you go stick up posters on the 2nd floor" I say. He nods and I leave the campus. I decide to walk there since its not that far and it will let me think. I walk on the pavement with my head down for about 5 minutes untill I see the store across the road. I cross the road and enter the shop. I get a trolley and begin to put thing into it. I put in blue decorations to hang around the campus and that plastic sheet that you used to make your books look shiny in elementary. Then I went down the supplies aisle. I got a bunch of blue tac and double sided tape. I also got 7 locks, those hinge things, lock hinges, and some screws. Lastly I grabbed around 4 giant sheets of  blue acrylic and some white spray paint. I went to the cashier and paid then left. As I stepped out of the store I saw Zayn? Why wasn't he at class? Did he want to find me? And how did he know where I was?  If I walk with my head down he won't see me I thought. I walk down the road with my head down hoping he won't see me. 

"Izzy" he says, it felt so good to hear his voice again, to hear him say my name. I stopped in the middle of the road and he came and stood opposite me with his hands in his pockets.

"Oh um hey" I reply awkwardly.

"Look, I miss being with you Izzy. I miss your blueberry scented hair and your golden eyes which greet me everyday in the morning" he says taking your hands. He was making me melt at this point.

"Zayn you're not supportive of me and worries me. You're too over protective and I feel like you don't trust me" I explained. 

"Give me another chance. I'll be the person you want me to be" he says desperately squeezing my hand. I sigh and look down. Could I give him a second chance? I miss him and he sure as hell misses me.

"I-" I began when you heard an engine rushing toward me The car was coming straight for me, everything was going in slow mo. I tried to move but I couldn't, it was as if my feet were glued to the road. The car was a meter away now and there was nothing I could do but accept death. I lived a good life. The light of the car shone in my face. 

"IZZY LOOK OUT" Zayn screamed pushing me out of the way. I fell to the ground landing on my butt. Zayns body slammed against the car hood and broke the glass of the car then rolled off the car onto the road. 

"Zayn" I whispered crawling next to him tears forming in my eyes. His body was lifeless and there was blood dripping down his face. 

"Zayn wake up" I cried shaking his shoulders.

"Zayn, this isn't funny" I weeped as I lightly hit his cheek to wake him up. I quickyl got out my phone and dialled 999. 

"Hello, my friend just got hit by a car.........Umm Daffodile lane near the Cambridge campus.... Thank you" I bawled on the phone. 

"Zayn the ambulance is coming stay with me" I sobbed as I put his head on my lap. He didn't do anything. I gently pushed down on his chest, nothing happened. I put my mouth on his and exhaled. Again nothing happened. 

"I need you" I whimpered putting my face close to his. I heard the faint sound of sirens and saw a blue and red flashing light. It rushed towards us then the doors open and nurses fly out lifing him onto a white stretch and attatching an oxygen mask to his mouth. I stand up and walk near him.

"Zayn" I croak as they put him in the ambulance and speed to the hospital. I fell on my knees and put my face in my hands and cry my eyes out. This all my fault, I should've moved when I had the chance to or even better I shouldn't have broken up with him. The reason I broke up was so petty, because I thought he was too overprotective and didn't trust me I broke up with him. I convinced myself I didn't have feeling for him but I did. I felt like he completed me as cheesy as that sounds. I think he was the one, I wanted to fall in love with him. Right now that wasn't important though, I justed wanted him to live to see another day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAN DAN DAAAAA, firstly I would like to say sorry for the last part of the chapter, it killed me to write it but it is important for Izzayn, @imsoepic please don't kill me he still loves you Secondly, this book has over 2,000 reads woaaaahhh that means that there are approximately 133 people reading this book which in my mind is pretty craaaaaaaazy. Thirdly, if you guys haven't guessed I suck at finding songs to fit with the chapters so for every chapter in the comments below you guys can tell me which song I should use and if I think it fits I will dedicate the next chapter to you :D, Fouthly, the name of this chapter sucks so if anyone has any good ideas leave them in the comments.

QUESTIOOOOOOONNNSSSSS:

1. Do you think it was right for Louis to get Zayn to man up?

2.  What about Rose finding out that Louis was inlove with Scarlette? Quick thing, I'm not sure if it was clear but Louis said he still misses the person he was inlove with which is Scarlette. What do you think of that?

3. HARRY KNOWS!!!!!! What do you think he'll do? Do you think he'll tell Scarlette to back off? Do you think Finn will approve of Harry being back in Katys life? (thats probably the worse question you'll ever have to answer so sorry)

4. Izzy and Jake, yes or no? Personally, I like them to be like brother and sister. Were you surprised that he asked her out?

5. Did you cry? Cause I kinda teared up while writing that part. What do you think will happen to Zayn? Who do you think was driving the car? How do you think Izzy reacted?

Sorry for loads of questions I just wanted to know what you thought about it.  Now for like a group talking session thing. How have you guys been? Haven't talked to you in like a month, jeez I'm worse than Dan Howell when it comes to posting things regularly *ba dam tsss* How is summer so far? Mine's been ish, I went go karting for the first time and I think I will be a great driver if the speed limit is 200kmph. I went Ice Skating and it was really cool cause everything glowed. I discovered that I am useless when it comes to bowling without barriers. I read the most amazing book ever Divergent!!!!!! Like ERMAGAHD FOUR. We're dating its just that he doesn't know it yet...... But they've screwed up the casting for the movie and I've never been so frustrated in my life. I should probably shut up now. Sorry for not updating in ages. 

BYEEEEEEEEEE :) xoxoxox

Continue Reading