The Joy of Agony | Loki

By marvel-ous

"People like him don't change. He is the god of mischief, after all." Bruce Banner has a niece; Eryn Banner... More

Odin's Punishment.
Meteor? Nah, its just Loki Skydiving.
Welcome Back to Earth. Not.
The Cute High Class Criminal.
His Crazy New Task.
Earthling, Everybody Knows Me.
Prisoner of Hope.
Nick's Fury.
The Great Escape.
Babysitting the God of Mischief
Don't Ever Play with the God of Mischief.
Heartfelt Sincerity.
Loki's Appointment.
Party Planning & Running with Scissors.
Loki's Favorite Brother is Back.
Macy's Blue Eyes.
Loki's Unknown Weakness.
A Sudden Downfall.
Hard Times Are Coming.
Nicknames, Fan-girls, and Shawarma...OH MY!
Keep Moving Forward.
How Mischievously Cute.
Avengers in Disney World (1)
Avengers in Disney World (2)
Date with a True Monster.
Only Human, Yet so Powerful.
Maybe, the Bad Guy is the Victim.
Sarah Knew It.
I Love You.
Oh, Shut Your Cliche Mouth.
The Other's Deception.
The God Who Cried Wolf.
Director Fury Knew All Along.
Disappointing Revelations.
Loki's Loyal Lawyer.
Prepping for the Party.
The Christmas Party.
An Apology and a Sucker Punch.
Loki's Heart Has Been Stolen.
Eryn's Doppelganger and Loki's past.
Going to Asgard.
Oh, the Joy of Asgard (1)
Oh, the Joy of Asgard (2)
Beginning of Something Worse.
A Broken Promise.
Eryn's Mischievous Lie.
There is Always Hope.
Home Sweet Home.
Slow Adjustments.
Best Friends for Life.
Because I Love Her.
I'm Still Here.
Babysitting with Loki.
Because I Love Him.
Ice-Skating & Magic Tricks.

The Solution is Gone.

64.3K 2K 1.1K
By marvel-ous

The Solution is Gone.

    I wrapped my arms around his neck as he kissed me back. He wrapped his around my waist, pulling me closer to him. His body was cold, but I didn't mind. But as the seconds went by, his lips grew colder and colder. Almost immediately, he pushed me away. "Damn it, Eryn," he murmured.

        I was hurt at first, but as soon as I took him in, it disintegrated. His skin was blue, eyes a ruby red, and intriguing designs decorated his smooth face. I reached out my hand to caress his cheek, but he stopped me, making sure to touch my coat and not my skin. "What?" I mumbled.

        "This is the part where you scream and run away." He responded, averting his gaze from mine. 

        I stared at him dumbfounded. I just kissed Loki, and now he's telling me this? When I first heard about Loki more than a year ago, I learned little of him. Among that, was that he was a frost giant. To see him standing in front of me in his frost giant form was not terrifying, it was alluring. "What if I don't want to?" I said defiantly, sounding like a little girl who refused to go to sleep at bed time.

          He sighed, closing his eyes. "Eryn, I don't think you understand."

          "Understand what?"

       "I am the bad guy. I don't save the day, I don't fly off into the sunset, and I don't...I don't get the girl." He answered his gaze averting mine. 

     "You're not the bad guy. You saved me today, and you may have not flown into the sunset, but you do get the girl." I said, but he didn't reply. I sighed and decided to continue on. "She's not scared of you. On the contrary, you should be scared of her.-" I could see the corner of his lip lifting, tempting to crack a smile. I smiled too, even though he couldn't see it."-She accepts you for you- the real you. She appreciates the things you've done for her, but you know what she doesn't appreciate?"

         He turned to me, his face expressionless as his frost giant self-fading away. "What doesn't she appreciate?"

       "That you think my singing and driving is really, really bad." I said accusingly raising my eyebrow at him. The smile was threatening to form on his face finally did, causing me to mirror his action, and we soon found ourselves laughing.

         "There are things that even some can't change." He teased.

           "Ouch." 

**

    "Don't you love it?" I gushed in an exaggerated manner, snapping a picture at Director Fury. His gaze snapped to mine and he immediately glared daggers at both my phone and me. Sorry...not sorry, I mentally laughed.

      "No." Fury spat out, taking the pink Minnie Mouse hat that had his name written in beautiful cursive on it and throwing it on the floor. Thor's eyes followed the hat as he frowned like a little boy who just got told that his drawing sucks by his parents. Aww... As for the others, they burst out laughing.

     "I love mine." Agent Coulson replied with a teasing grin at Fury, shrugging and exiting the room with his black mickey hat. 

     "See, at least someone appreciates their gift." Tony commented, gesturing to where Coulson exited at.

      "Get to work, please." Director Fury said, earning a groan from Tony. Clintasha were the first to leave, followed by Steve and then Tony.

       "To the laboratory!" Bruce exclaimed, grasping my arm and pulling me out.

       "Miss Banner, may I have a word?"

       Bruce let go sending me a nod that I returned. It was a small gesture that we both did. It means good luck. I turned around and walked back towards Fury, wild thoughts cruising through my mind. Why was he calling to speak to me? He never wants to speak with me alone. Is it the picture? Argh, I think it is the picture, but I don't want to delete it....

     "How come Jared didn't return with you guys?"

     "We already told you. He wanted to leave early, because he had a personal emergency." I answered, automatically. I had been practicing that line all the way back here. That's what I told the others and they had bought it, admitting that there was something off about him lately. Relief washed over me as his question put a halt to all the wild thoughts. 

      "Yes, I heard perfectly, but I don't buy that. Jared is one of the most trustworthy people I know. You know what else I know? I know that what you're telling me is bullshit." He replied.

        If I hadn't had control over myself, my jaw would've dropped. The tension built back up again and the racing thoughts returned, overwhelming me. How much did he know about Jared? 

         "Listen, Eryn. I don't want to be the bad guy to you, but when one of my most trusted agents has gone missing, I think I deserve to be that guy. So if you know anything about Jared, please tell me before things get ugly."

            I nodded, not making eye contact with him. "I will, Sir."

       "I hope to hear back from you soon." He said, dismissing me in a gesture. I left without another word and hastily made my way to the laboratory. As I approached it, I could see Bruce's eyebrows furrowed as he stared at his advanced computer's screen through the glass walls. I smiled faintly at the scene. He may not have loved the idea of working with S.H.I.E.L.D, but he loves science and experimenting. And I'm afraid that when I go down, he will come down with me. I finally walked into the lab and smiled at Bruce.

          "You got to see this!"

          "What is it?" I asked, putting on my goggles and lab coat since he gestured me to. I walked up to him and followed my gaze to his. My eyes widened, and I let out a small gasp as I stared at the computer screen.

            "I hope you don't mind, but I took some of the solution you and Jared mixed together before leaving to Disney. These chemicals, when they're put together, they are very dangerous. It's almost as dangerous and aggressive as the gamma radiation in me." He explained.

             "And these are the results?" I asked incredulously. I still couldn't believe that whatever Jared added into our solution led to these results. They seemed to match the results to the gamma radiation, not completely, but they were the closest we’ve ever got.

             "Yes. And not only that, but come over here-" Bruce continued as he grabbed my hand and led me to a mutated plant. "-The first solution you guys game up with. It didn't work on plants, but it had an effect on small organisms, remember?-" I nodded, urging him to go on."-But this improvised solution did have an effect on plants. In fact, it seems to have the power to affect any living organism."

             "I-Is that the roots to the plant?"

            Bruce nodded. The plant was a simple bean plant, but those roots shouldn't belong to that small plant. They should belong to shrubs. "The roots seem to keep on growing by the day when the plant is not watered, but when it is, it stays normal, but here's the real creepy part...the plant can't be destroyed at the moment. Just like the Hulk can't be destroyed..."

             My eyes met with Bruce. "So, let me get this straight, you're saying that our solution almost has the same affect to organisms as the Gamma does to you."

           "Yes! Now, if you could only tell me what was it that you guys added to your solution that made it work like this?"

            I frowned. Jared never told me what he had added in to our solution. I remember him apologizing for adding it, but he wasn't really sorry. He didn't accidentally add it. He knew what it did and I didn't. That's what made it work, but what could he have added? I could name all the chemicals I had access to and all the elements in the periodic table at the top of my head, but I never recognized the one that Jared had added into the mix. It was foreign to me. "I don't know, Bruce."

          "That's alright. We can just run tests on the solution you have now. Can you get it?" Bruce asked. I nodded, grabbing gloves from a drawer and walking to the storage closet where we kept most of our solutions. I entered the pin into the security panel and the door opened. I stepped inside. Our lab storage room was bigger than your average walk in closet, and even though I’ve been here for months, I was still left in awe every time I walked in. I walked into the cooler area where Jared and I kept our solution. Entering another pin -one only Jared and I knew-, the drawer opened.

           My eyes widened, and I let out a gasp. "BRUCE!" 

          Immediately, he came rushing into the storage room. "What is it?"

         "The solution is gone."

          We both exchanged worried glances. I walked out of the storage closet, taking my gloves, coat, and goggles off in the process. “Where are you going?” Bruce asked, closing the closet appropriately.

         “To talk to Fury.”

        When I got to his main office, I was stopped by Agent Hill, but I ignored her and pushed her away bursting into his office. “You knew Jared stopped by and you didn’t tell me?” I demanded.

         “Miss Banner, “he greeted, sending me a nod. “Have a seat. I believe we both have things to talk about, just you and I.”

         The doors behind me shut close, and I heard a small locking noise. I really had no choice, now. I took a seat my eyes never leaving his. “Okay.” 

            I wish I had a solution for this.

Took me a little longer than expected to write this, but guess what? I DON'T HAVE SCHOOL ANYMORE; I'M ON SUMMER VACATION! WOO! Hopefully, this means that I can get more updates done and possibly finish this story! Sorry, if the whole solution thing sounded silly, but I am no expert on science as much as Bruce is so I'm going to make things like that pretty vague so I don't sound too stupid...

So what do you think? Why do you think Jared took the solution? & What do you think about Fury? Will Eryn come clean?

 PLEASE LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS BELOW! I'D LOVE TO READ ABOUT THEM! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 569 57
She chose to work for Stark, knowing that she was the best one for the role. She knew that her life would be different, working with the worlds most...
13.3K 268 14
This job wasn't quite what she was expecting when Fury assigned her to 'assist' the God of Mischief, where the pampered prince only saw that word as...
2.6K 174 21
Loki was back in his cell after being discovered by Thor. He saw horrible things but had no way of escaping and helping his family. He is sadder and...
4.3K 162 30
When called to be a part of the Avengers Initiative, Bruce Banner was wary of everyone. Natasha Romanoff was sent to bring him in, but he couldn't wa...