The Disguised Billionaire

By EnjoyLiveLove

When your parents tell you that you have to move halfway across the world for reasons they can't seem to tell... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Meeting Them In Gloria Jean's
Chapter 2: Hanging Out
Chapter 3: Followed
Chapter 4: The Blaming Game
Chapter 5: The News
Chapter 7: Halifax, Here We Come!
Chapter 8: Our Arrival In Halifax, Canada
Chapter 9: Twin Brother Say What?
Chapter 10: The First Day Of School
Chapter 11: I'm Dead
Chapter 12: Accepting Her and Horrible Introductions
Chapter 13: He's There For Me
Chapter 14: Revelations
Chapter 15: My Favorite Habbit: Lying
Chapter 16: A Sisterly and Brotherly Moment
Chapter 17: A Day With Chase Peterson - Part 1
Chapter 18: A Day With Chase Peterson - Part 2
Chapter 19: Fake Dating?
Chapter 20: The Confirmation
Chapter 21: Closure? Uh... I Guess?
Chapter 22: The New Students
Chapter 23: Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 24: This Kiss
Chapter 25: And The Plot Thickens
Chapter 26: House Hunting
Chapter 27: Never Have I Ever
Chapter 28: Hangover
Chapter 29: The Truth - Part 1
Chapter 30: The Truth - Part 2
Chapter 31: The Heartbreak
Chapter 32: Okay, What?
Chapter 33: Bright Colors
Chapter 34: The Meeting
Chapter 35: Feelings
Change of Plans
To Make or Not To Make?
Sequel
Other Novels

Chapter 6: I Officially Hate Chase Mitchell Peterson's Guts

25.6K 519 75
By EnjoyLiveLove

When I got home, I told aunt and uncle, Jessica and Mike about what happened to Grandpa, like what Mom told me to do. I gathered them in the family room and that's when I dropped the bomb on them. Auntie was crying like no tomorrow, while Uncle just kept on comforting her. Grandpa is Auntie's father anyway. Who wouldn't cry when your father has a heart attack? Mike clung to Jessica like his life depended on it and Jessica was trying to hold back sobs.

I sighed and stood up from my seat, making my way towards Jessica and Mike. I touched Mike's shoulder and he clung even more to Jessica while Jess hugged him, silently crying.

I hope Grandpa would be okay. I really don't want him to be gone yet. Please let Grandpa be okay. I'll do anything just to let Grandpa live. Just please let him be alive.

I sat beside Jessica and said, "Zyljan booked us a flight to Halifax. The plane leaves tomorrow at 7 AM. We should start packing our things."

She nodded and I sighed again. I went out the room and made my way to my room, packing my stuff for tomorrow. I got out one of my luggage and zipped it open. I opened my walk-in closet and grabbed the first thing I could grab. I threw it on the bed and sat on the bed cross-legged, folding the clothes I put on the bed. I put the folded clothes on the luggage and stood up from the bed, grabbing some shoes I feel comfortable wearing. I put it inside the luggage and grabbed some jackets, folding it into place and put it inside. I zipped the luggage close and let it stand on the wall.

I lied down on the bed and sighed heavily. I grabbed my phone, then it suddenly started ringing.

I pressed answer and put it against my ear.

"Hey Han." I answered and I heard her squeal on the phone.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and winced. When she finally calmed down, I put it against my ear again.

"What's up your bum?" I asked and she took a deep breath.

"Ams, I'm going to finish high school in Detroit!" She said excitedly and my eyes went wide.

"What?" I answered and sat up on my bed.

"Remember when I told you that my parents are not here in Canberra?" She asked and I nodded.

Once I realized she can't see me, I said, "Yeah. What about it?"

"Well, they're in Detroit! Mom called me last night and said that Lucy and I should take the next flight to Detroit. I looked it up, and the next flight is tomorrow!" She said and I went silent.

"What time?" I asked, trying to control my voice.

"Um, wait. It's at 6:45 AM." She replied and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Will you be there to see me?" She asked and I sighed.

"I-I'm sorry, Han. I can't. My family and I have to go somewhere else tomorrow." I replied and she sighed.

"I understand. Where will you be going?" She asked curiously.

"In Halifax." I replied silently and the other line went silent.

"You're going to Canada?" She asked, and I can hear the excited tone on her voice.

"Yeah." I replied and she screamed. I pulled the phone away and winced again.

This girl is going to be the cause of my deafness.

"Han!" I said and she calmed down.

"Sorry." She said but her tone says otherwise. "But did you know that Stacy and Sophie are going to be in Halifax tomorrow?" I faced palm myself.

"What?" I answered glaring at nothing.

She sighed and said, "Ams, do you ever listen to anything I say?"

"Of course I do. I just can't believe it." I mumbled and I can picture her nodding her head.

"Mmm." She mumbled and we went silent.

"I mean, Stacy and Sophie are going to Halifax tomorrow! Like, yay! They're going!" I said, faking excitement. She laughed and that's when I knew she believed my lie. I'm getting pretty good at this stuff. Lying used to be a torture to me back then, but when I arrived here in Canberra and tried to keep up appearances, I became pretty good with it.

"I know right? I wish I could go there with them." She said and I kept a straight face. I don't know how to feel. It's like I want to see them, but also stay away from them at all costs so that they wouldn't know about my real identity.

"Yeah." I mumbled quietly and we were silent again.

"Anyway, I have to go. Bye!" I said and hung up before she could even reply. I sighed heavily and decided to go downstairs.

When I arrived there, Auntie looked up at me and smiled.

"Amber, after we go to Halifax tomorrow, you and Aiden need to go to Auckland to fetch your grandfather's personal doctor. His friend can also go with the two of you if he'd like." She informed me and I nodded my head.

"Well, I have to go. I have to meet some friends." I said and she nodded. I went out the door, and I saw Drake running over to me. I threw him a confused glance and he just smiled at me.

"Ams!" He said as he went near me.

"What?" I asked and he smiled again.

"Well,  just wanted you to know that I'm going to be in Auckland for maybe three weeks because my parents and I are gonna visit some relatives there." He said and my jaw dropped. Seriously? He has to be in Auckland? Why can't they go to places I'm not in?! Hannah's going to be in Detroit, Stacy and Sophie are going to be Halifax, and now, Drake's going to be in Auckland! They're everywhere!

"Seriously?" I asked while gaping at him.

"Yeah. Just thought to inform you. I already told the three girls about it, and it seems like they also have to be somewhere. Are you also going somewhere?" He asked and I looked at him hesitantly.

"Um, I, yeah." I mumbled and he smiled.

"Where?" He asked and I looked at the other side of the street, not wanting to look at him.

"Umm, Halifax?" I said, but it came out more of a question than a statement.

"Great! Stacy and Sophie are also going to be in Halifax. Maybe the three of you will see each other!" He exclaimed and I laughed in a fake manner, but also believable.

"Yeah." I said, faking enthusiasm.

"When are you leaving?" He asked and I looked at him.

"Tomorrow." I said and scratched the back of my head awkwardly.

"Well, it looks like all of us are leaving tomorrow, so why don't we eat lunch together?" He suggested and I grinned.

"Sure! I'll meet all of you in Pizza Hut, if that's okay with all of you?" I asked and he nodded.

"Sure. See you later, Ams! I'll tell the other girls to meet us there." He said and I nodded.

He waved goodbye and I just stood there in the porch, sighing heavily, watching Drake disappear in the streets, probably on his way to the girls' house.

I went back inside and went straight to my room, putting my phone on the bedside table and went directly to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and stripped out my clothes, throwing them in the laundry basket.

I started my shower and let the warm water seep through my skin. A long sigh escaped my lips and dropped my hands on the side.

I seriously need to get my thoughts away from grandpa, my best friends being in places where I'm also in and my departure for Halifax tomorrow.

Why can't they just pick countries that I'm not going to go to? Why pick the countries I'm in? Especially Detroit! When I arrive there, it's going to be a complete disaster. I mean, Hannah is going to be there, finishing the last year of high school there. I can't take off my disguise and go to school like a normal person, because I can't! People will recognize me and they won't leave me alone! And if I put on my disguise, there's a high chance Hannah will recognize me and start questioning. So either way, I'm cornered. I could always be homeschooled, but I don't want to be. I want to live like a normal teenager, even if it means I have to put on a disguise every day.

This is seriously a big problem. Well, for me at least. I know the boys wouldn't give a shit about this identity crisis of mine, so what the hell am I gonna do? I can't go telling my best friend about it. That's the last thing I want to do. But either way, I also can't go crawling to the boys about this. It would be an absolute tragedy.

I sighed and turned off the cap, getting out of the shower. I dried myself and wrapped a towel around my body. I unlocked the door and went out the bathroom. I went inside the walk-in closet and wore the first outfit I could muster up.

I wore red jeans and a white blouse with blue stripes. I pulled on my black flats and let my hair down on it's natural wave. I ditched makeup and went out the walk-in closet. I grabbed my black shades and put my phone in the back pocket.

I looked at myself in the full-length mirror and went out once I was satisfied with my look. I went downstairs and went out the door, saying bye to my cousins, uncle and aunt in the process.

I made my way towards Pizza Hut and looked at the sky in the process.

I went in and tried finding my best friends. Once I found them, I sat down beside Stacy and greeted all of them with a smile.

"Hey guys!" I greeted and they smiled.

"So, I heard you're going to Halifax tomorrow." Sophie said across me and I looked at her hesitantly.

Not this again! I mentally groaned and looked up at her. "Yeah. I also heard you and Stacy are going to Halifax tomorrow." I said and she smiled.

"Yeah. Maybe we could meet up there!" She said excitedly and I sighed.

"I'll try." I said and she looked at me curiously, but shrugged it off, probably understanding it's a touchy subject.

"You guys, I heard that Annabel George and her family already arrived in Halifax yesterday!" Stacy squealed beside me and I froze in my spot.

Anna, Bryan, and Aunt Sarah in Halifax tomorrow? I thought they wouldn't be there. Aunt Sarah is always busy and she doesn't allow Anna and Bryan to go somewhere out of Miami on their own. Maybe this time they succeeded in convincing her to go to Halifax with them?

"You mean one of the Lee's relatives?" Hannah asked as the food and our drinks arrived.

"Yup! That's them." Stacy replied and Drake looked at her curiously.

"How'd you know?" He asked and she looked at her like he's crazy.

"Twitter, duh!" She replied like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"She tweeted about it?" I asked and she nodded.

"She said that they finally arrived in Halifax after a whole lot of convincing." She replied and I chuckled.

Of course they succeeded. Anna and Bryan are practically partners-in-crime. Especially when it comes to convincing their Mom about something.

"You're stalking her?" Sophie gaped at her cousin and Stacy nodded her head enthusiastically.

"You're creepy." I mumbled and she glared at me. I just chuckled and she scoffed.

"Anyways, I hope I get to see the Lees when I arrive in Detroit. I really want to see them!" Hannah said desperately and I looked away awkwardly.

If only they knew who they're hanging out right now, they won't bother saying that.

"Yeah and also us when we arrive in Halifax." Sophie said and I felt something twist in my stomach.

Guilt, maybe? I don't know. But I really felt guilty not telling them. They don't deserve to be kept a secret from, but I really have to do this even if I really want to tell them.

"Yeah. But anyway, anything interesting happen to you guys lately?" Hannah asked and I felt myself freeze in my spot again.

"Not really."

"Nope."

"Not so much."

"No."

They replied and I realized I'm the only one who hasn't said anything. They looked at me with raised eyebrows and I just shrugged.

"Not really." I said took a sip from my drink. Lie, lie, lie. It kept chanting on my head and I just chose to ignore it.

"Oh. We thought something interesting did happen. Like, how you met Austin and Chase?" Stacy replied with a smirk and I mentally cursed.

Chase, Austin, why did the two of you pop out of nowhere and make my best friends wonder on how I met the two of you?

"It's a long story." And a story I can't tell you cause I'll end up telling you guys the whole truth. I added in my head and mentally sighed.

"We've got all day." Hannah replied smugly.

"Well, sorry guys, but I don't. I actually have to go home and help my parents with the things we need tomorrow." I simply lied and they nodded their heads, believing it.

"Well, bye guys!" I said and got up from my seat, waving at them. They waved back, and I sprinted out of the restaurant as soon as I can.

Remember when I said I won't go crawling to the boys about my identity crisis? Yeah, well, it seems like it's impossible to happen because, quite frankly, I'm on my way to their hotel room right now. Yeah, I know. I have a messed up mind.

I opened their hotel room and went directly to their room where I heard all of their voices. I opened the door and sat on the bed while staring at the sheets.

"Guys, you have to help me! Pleaseeee! Hannah is going to be living in Detroit for the whole damn year or maybe forever! Stacy and Sophie are going to be in Halifax tomorrow and Drake is going to be in Auckland! What's worse is, they want to see the Amber Lee and I can't do that because they'll start questioning me and maybe they'll hate me when they find out! And when we arrive in Detroit, it's going to be a disaster because there's a high chance Hannah will recognize me and I'll be dead and they'll question me about it and help me!" I rambled on and faced to look at them, who are already looking at me wide eyed.

And do you want to know what the worst part is? Austin, Aiden and Zyljan are all shirtless while Chase just have a towel wrapped around his body, covering his lower region. It looked like he just got out of the shower cause his dirty blonde hair is still wet and there are droplets of water around his body.

And, this may sound wrong but. . . they are all seriously so hot! I know two of them are my brothers, one of them is my cousin, and one of them is my brother's best friend, but, oh God, I can't look away. They all seriously have great bodies! What's happening to me? I'm starting to sound like Hannah and Stacy!

This seriously sounds and looks all so wrong! I'm thinking that my brothers, my cousin and my brother's best friend is hot! Who does that? I'm Aiden and Zyljan's sister, Austin's cousin, and I'm Chase's. . . nothing. So I guess it's alright if I think he's hot? But no! It's still so wrong! But, he really is hot, I can't take my eyes off him. But, I—alright. I admit he's hot, but I don't have to tell him that. He doesn't need any ego boost. He's ego is already big enough.

I looked at them wide eyed and covered my eyes, my mouth hanging open.

"Oh my God! I am so sorry! I should've knocked first! Stupid brain! You should've informed me to knock first! I am seriously so sorry! I'll just meet you guys outside." I said and was about to get out of the bed, when someone pulled me back, making me lie in the bed.

"What the hell?" I said and sat up, frowning at the boys who are looking at me with amusement.

"You're blaming your brain about what happened earlier?" Zyljan asked, amusement clear in his eyes.

"Yeah, so?" I asked while crossing my arms and looking at him with irritation.

"You sure are one weird girl." Austin said and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Like you're not one." I retorted and he just chuckled.

"But anyway, you can just stay here. It's like you're not used to this." Aiden said while referring to the rest of the boys and my gaze landed on Chase who was just standing there, as still as a statue.

I returned my gaze back to Aiden and frowned at him. "I'm not." I said and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Really? Because I'm pretty sure you already saw Zyljan, Austin and I shirtless before." He replied and I looked at him like he's crazy.

"Yeah. I did. But. . ." I trailed off and he looked at me curiously. I turned to put my gaze on Chase who was still there, standing still as ever.

"Oh." He replied when realization dawned upon him. I raised an eyebrow at him and they smirked at me.

"You know, I think you should just stay here while Zyl, Aid and I will go outside." Austin said and my eyes went wide.

"W-what?" I stuttered and he's smirk deepened.

What the hell is he on to?

When I realized what his doing, I glared at him and stood up. "Nuh-uh! Never! I go outside and you boys can stay here." I said and was about to open the door, when someone pulled me back.

I groaned and faced to turn the person who pulled me back while closing my eyes. "What—" I started but stopped when I peered my eyes open and saw Chase standing there, still with only a towel covering his body. My eyes went wide and he smirked at me.

"Why are you looking shocked? Are you not used to seeing this." He said and gestured his body.

Oh, great! The cocky, egotistical dirt ball Chase is back and the shocked, flustered Chase is gone. Great. Just great. He just had to be himself when I'm already affected with what I'm seeing right now.

"Quite frankly, yes. I'm not used to seeing that." I paused and gestured to his body. "And besides, why would I be used in seeing that? I know I have two boys as siblings, but that doesn't mean I barge in their room when I know they're in the shower. I know they want some privacy and I'm not that shallow to not notice it. And, I'm also not some whore that sleeps with every guy I see, unlike some dumb, fake bimbos out there." I spat in his face and he smirked.

He pinned me against the wall, and he said, "Feisty. I like it."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him. I tried shoving him away, but much to my dismay, I failed. I frowned and he just chuckled.

Damn, why does all boys have to be so strong? It's not fair!

I tried shoving him away one more time, and much to my surprise, he let me and I'm finally free from him. I sighed, relief washing all over my body. I walked over to my brothers and my cousin, and I somehow notice them glaring at Chase.

I smirked and I sat beside Aiden, who instantly wrapped me in a warm hug.

"Chase, you may be my best friend, but do that to my sister again, or try and date her, or kiss her, or try anything funny, I won't hesitate in beating your sorry ass up." He said and Chase put his hands up in surrender while chuckling and went back to the bathroom, probably going to change.

"The brother over-protectiveness is finally kicking in! It just takes for Chase to treat me like that to make it work. So I guess I'll always let Chase do that so that you'll always be the over-protective brother I always craved for over the last two years." I said and looked at my two brothers and my cousin.

They laughed bitterly, and once they stopped, Zyljan looked at me with a stern look. "No, you won't let Chase do that cause our over-protectiveness is always kicking in whenever there are boys around you." He said and I smirked.

"But the three of you are boys. That means your over-protectiveness is also kicking in." I said innocently and they sighed heavily.

I laughed lightly and stood up from the bed. I was about to walk out the door, but I decided to give them one more speech from me. But a shorter one.

"Oh! And by the way, you guys might want to put a shirt back on. You're not wearing your disguises and I could easily take a picture of all that." I paused and gestured to their bodies. "I could always sell it on Amazon and earn great money. Or, I could make three copies of the picture and send them to your crushes and ex-girlfriends who hasn't seen your bodies. And that way, they won't leave you alone and be all like, 'Oh my god! Why did I ever leave him? He's got a great body! I could always call him and ask him to take me back. Or maybe I could ask some.'" I said, copying the voice of fake bimbo that has a voice that makes it sound like there's a microphone stuck in their throat.

"Get some? Seriously?" Austin asked and I shrugged.

"You never know, it could happen." I simply replied and they smirked.

"Fine, we'll put a shirt on." Zyljan replied and I smiled.

"Goodbye, freedom." Aiden mumbled and I chuckled.

Chase got out of the bathroom, wearing black skinny jeans and a plain white v-neck shirt that fits his body, making his incredible abs visible. He's also wearing a beanie on his head, covering some of his dirty blonde hair and had a white converse on. Okay, I admit. He is downright drool-worthy and there's no doubt about that. Girls would die to be with him and I'm pretty sure girls treat him like a god.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer." I heard Chase said and I looked up, to find him staring at me smugly.

I felt myself redden in embarrassment and scoffed. "Yeah right! Like I was checking you out." I replied and looked away awkwardly.

"Oh come on, Ams. I know you were checking me out. No need to deny it." He said and I groaned. I left the room without another word and slammed the door hard.

It doesn't matter if he's bloody attractive and is downright drool-worthy. He's a prick, a self-conceited jerk, an egotistical asshole and a cocky jackass.

And I, Amber Eleanor Lee, officially hate Chase Mitchell Peterson's guts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

666K 23.8K 69
COMPLETED! REACHED No. 1 in Teen Fiction's WHAT'S HOT LIST ON 28TH NOVEMBER! AND #2 IN TEEN FICTION (highest yet) on 20th may, 2016. *** "Damn it Ha...
49.3K 1.3K 40
This is Amber Carter's story. Her life completely changed over night. Something she'll never forget and something she has to live with for the rest o...
1.3M 41.2K 30
Highest Ranking in Romance ~ #31 (Tuesday 16th May 2017) COMPLETED I was trying to run away from my past, instead I got caught by him. Amber Grey is...
9.2M 321K 62
Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she still tried her best not to dwell under her...