Remember December

By XxxoKaylaXxxo

December Rawlins's life was completely average. Well, aside from the fact that she was just 17, and basically... More

Remember December~ Chapter One
Remember December~ Chapter Two
Remember December~ Chapter Three
Remember Decemeber~ Chapter Four
Remember December~ Chapter Five
Remember December~ Chapter Six
Remember December~ Chapter Seven
Remember December~ Chapter Eight
Remeber December~ Chapter Nine
Remember December ~ Chapter Ten
Remember December~ Chapter Eleven
Remember December~ Chapter Twelve
Remember December~ Chapter Thirteen
Remember December~ Chapter Fourteen
Remember December~ Chapter Fifteen
Remember December~ Chapter Sixteen
Remember December~ Chapter Seventeen
Remembe December~ Chapter Eighteen
Remember December~ Chapter Nineteen
Remember December ~ Chapter Twenty
Remember December ~ Chapter Twenty-One [[Picture of Nick]]
Remember December ~ Chapter Twenty-Two [[Picture of Delaney]]
Remember December ~ Chapter Twenty-Three [[Picture of Zach]]
Remember December~ Chapter Twenty-Four [[Picture Of Cole]]
Remember December~ Chapter Twenty-Five [[Picture Of December]]
Remember December~ Chapter Twenty-Seven
Remember December~ Chapter Twenty-Eight
Remember December~ Chapter Twenty-Nine
Remember December~ Chapter Thirty
Remember December~ Chapter Thirty-One

Remember December~ Chapter Twenty-Six

1.9K 28 5
By XxxoKaylaXxxo

Okay, this chapter is dedicated to Brandi, and Mandy. :). To Brandi, because today (yesterday..?) is her birthday and she wanted a chapter as her present. A chapter full of drama. So here it is. xD. Happy Birthday Brandi! To Mandy, because today is her 2 year anniversary to her pretty cool boyfriend, Daylen. Happy Anniversary!! Okay, to the drama filled chapter... ;D

Chapter Twenty-Six

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Delaney...what are you drawing?"

"A picture of many angry villagers beating Kortlynn Rimes with her fucking broomstick."

"Uh...why?"

"Because shes a witch."

"She seemed nice when I spoke to her. She has the locker next to mine..."

"Not you too!" Delaney turned in her chair and stared at me pleadingly. "December, shes not nice at all."

"Well...I don't want to judge anyone if I don't know them..." Delaney and I were in my room, just relaxing after school. She was sitting at my desk, drawing..well things, and I was lying at the foot of my bed on my stomach flipping through an old magazine that I had found.

"So you believe her over me?" She demanded.

I groaned. "I don't know her! You know I try not to judge people by what others say. Please don't be angry with me because of it."

She sighed, and flipped her binder shut. "I'm not angry with you personally I guess. I do wish you believed me though..."

"It's not that I don't want to."

"I know. It's fine, really."

It had been two weeks since the road trip, and everything had gone back to the way it was before. Aside from the fact that Delaney just seemed...defeated somehow.

"Delaney...what's wrong? You're not acting like..you."

"It's just everyone believes Kortlynn is so damn nice! She's not! It's all an act.  All she does is hang around Delilah, and Scarlett, and flirts with Zach..."

"I haven't noticed any flirting..." I scrunched my eyebrows up in confusion. Usually, I was pretty good at detecting stuff like that.

"That's because she doesn't make it obvious like most sluts do."

"Delaney!"

"Look, I'm just saying it like it is." She explained.

I wanted to believe Delaney, I really did. But Kortlynn had done nothing for me to even suspect that she had ulterior motives.

She sighed again, and grabbed her bag that was by the door. "I have to go to Nick's house to give him the homework he missed today. Hes been acting really weird lately...have you noticed?"

"Yeah...he acts so tired."

"Exactly. I'm going to find out what's wrong, I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Bye December."

"Bye" I mumbled as she left.

I flipped over onto my back, staring at the ceiling. I listened for the front door to close and when it did I closed my eyes. All alone in my house.

It wasn't surprising my parents hadn't gotten home yet. A postcard from Maine had been set yesterday, with a quick happy birthday on the back. My birthday was in two days, the first of December. Yeah, how cliche, right? I wasn't really all that excited. Thankfully, it was on a Saturday this year. No getting up early!

I just wish my parents would be here to celebrate it.

Friday.....

"So you're eighteen tomorrow?" Cole asked as we walked out of the school building together.

"Yepp." I replied, popping the p.

"That's cool. December, born in December." He laughed softly. "Catching up to me?" He grinned and winked at me from the side as we walked to our cars which were parked next to eachother today. His Hummer towered over my small car and I couldn't help but want to groan as I noticed the rust and peeling paint of my car, and the shiny, glossy look of his. His smile sent flutters through my stomach and I looked away quickly. Ever since that day in art, Cole and I had never really had a full blown conversation without is somehow being awkward. For me anyways.

"Catching up to you? Aren't I older...? You were seventeen when we met..." I trailed off.

Cole shrugged. "My birthday was last month."

"What?! And you didn't tell anyone?!" I exclaimed, feeling like a horrible friend because I hadn't known.

"Listen, it was when everything was crazy, and I didn't want everyone to go through the trouble of...whatever you guys do for birthdays."

Not backing down, I demanded that he tell me what day his birthday was on.

Sighing in defeat, he answered gruffly. "November 21st."

"Cole! You should've told me."

"And have you go do something, when we were all trying to recover from the hotel? I didn't think my birthday is all that important."

"I'm buying you something, what do you want?"

"December." He glared at me and I of course ignored it. We were now in between our cars, me staring at him, waiting for an answer him glaring at me, trying to win.

"Fine, I'll just buy something at random. See you tomorrow Cole." I smiled at him, and walked around to the drivers side and slid into my car, starting it up and quickly pulling out of the parking lot before he could try to convince me not to get him anything. It would be a pointless argument.

Now, what would he want? I pondered over it, before the perfect idea popped into my head. I drove to the store that would most likely sell what I was looking for. I have never actually been in this particular store before, and it took me a while to find something that I thought Cole would like.

It was an assortment of paints and brushes. There were also some canvases in many sizes, and an easel. And as my luck would have it, it was on sale.

In our art classes, I saw how much Cole loved to paint. There was always a small soft smile that played upon his lips as he stroked the brush along the canvas, making beautiful creations. While he painted, he would tell me how his dad loved to paint and taught him how before he died. Cole learned the rest from going to an art school somewhere in Nevada. He often told me how much he wished he had all of this at home. He had a few things, but nothing like our school had.

Well, now you do. I thought as I bought it for him. Sure, it was a little expensive but Cole deserved it. He had been through a lot, and it was the least I could do. I sighed. I wondered if the unfinished girl in the sketch got him something.

Forcing the thoughts away, I put my loot into the trunk and drove home, to the empty house that awaited me.

Well...normally empty. A car was parked in the drive and I instantly recognized as Seirra's glossy  black corvette convertable. Before getting out, I made sure no drool was on my face. Yeah, the car was that fucking amazing. 

"Hey Seirra." I walked over to where she was sitting on the steps.

"Do you really drive that slow? I've been here forever!"

"Well if I had known you were coming..." I lifted an eyebrow.

She smiled. Well, I could tell she tried but at the tiniest lift of the mouth, her lips fell back into a frown.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked softly, concerned.

"It's Nick. Hes been..." She sighed and looked at me. "Hes been having these nightmares. Of the hotel. I don't think hes gotten a full nights sleep since he came home."

"I knew something was wrong with him, he hasn't been acting normal. Well, as normal as Nick ever is."

This caused a small smile to flit across her face before quickly disappearing. She buried her head in her hands and a pulled her into a comforting hug.

"Has he seen...a doctor maybe? They could give him something."

"Yes, the just sugested taking some sleeping pills. They didn't help."

"Take him to a specialist."

"Like a therapist?" Her face showed that she didn't like the sound of a therapist.

"No, they would make him talk about the dreams and...the cause of them. We don't need him to be labled as crazy. I meant...like someone who specializes in sleep perhaps?"

"Do they even have those?"

"I have no idea." I huffed, and slumped over resting my chin on my hands.

"Maybe they'll go away soon, we can only hope." She sighed sadly and stood up. "I better get going, I'll see you tomorrow okay?" This time she flashed me a real smile and I smiled back at her.

"Bring Daylen if you want too. Haven't seen him in a while."

"You just want to try to disturb him." She laughed, looking at me knowingly.

"NO ONE IS UNDISTURBABLE. Not even him." I'd been trying to disturb Seirra's long time boyfriend for a while now. But nothing I did seemed to phase him.

She laughed again and waved at me. "Bye December." She was still chuckling as she slid into her car and drove off.

I waved until she was out of sight, then got Cole's present out of the trunk and went into the house. Thoughts of Nick rolled around my head. I wish I knew how to help him, but I was coming up blank. I sighed and flopped onto my bed. Hopefully, everyone would have some fun tomorrow. I fell asleep, and dreamt of a pale blue eyed, black haired boy.

***********

The next morning I was wide awake at 7:00, which is really weird for me. I guess I was more excited about today than I thought.

I cleaned up the den a litte bit, as well as the kitchen. I thought about cleaning my room, and decided I should in case anyone went in there for some reason. Cleaning my room meant putting clothes on the floor in the wash, and pushing the rest under my bed.

By the time I finished cleaning everything that I thought needed it, it was only 9:00. Which meant I had a good two or three hours before the guys started coming. I settled on watching some movie that was playing on tv. Curled up on my couch made it seem like any other Saturday,except that normaly, I wouldn't be awake right now.

Finally, there was a knock at the door. I walked to the door, and threw it open. Nick, Seirra, Daylen  and James stood waiting. Nick looked tired but he was smiling as he pulled me into a hug.

"Happy birthday December!"

"Thanks." I smiled. "I do have a doorbell you know..."

"Knocking is more fun." James said matter-of-fact as he hugged me as well. Seirra and Daylen did the same and I then we made our way to the den. Next to arrive was Delaney and Zach. I was happy to see that Delaney seemed happier than she had in a while and Zach as well.

"We bring food!" Zach called in a superhero voice.

"Popcorn?" James asked, casually popping his head around the corner.

"Yes, just for you." Delaney laughed.

"Hell yeah! No one will be touching my popcorn." He crowed, running back to the den.

I laughed and shook my head. "He really does love popcorn...just put that on the kitchen table will you?"

Soon, everyone was there and we were just having fun talking, and hanging out, something we hadn't got to do much since the trip. Instead of going out for my birthday, we all decided to just stay in and stay the night. No, I was not to old for giant sleepovers.

Nick was bouncing up and down on the couch like he was excited for something. "Guys!" he whined. "I can't wait anymore, I'm going to explode!"

"What?" I asked, confused.

Everyone laughed. "Come here December." Cole told me, motioning for me to stand in front of him. I did as he asked and he took my shoulders and turned me so my back was to him. He then covered my eyes and I heard comments being made about butt rape. I stuck my tongue out at them, even though I couldn't see them.

"You better not make me run into a wall Cole Usher." I warned as we started to move.

"Don't worry, I won't let him do that." Scarlett said as she took my hand and guided me to where ever the hell we were going.

"Okay, you ready?" Cole asked from behind me, his warm breath against my hair making me shiver slightly.

I nodded and he uncovered my eyes.

"Happy Birthday December!" Everyone cried at the same time. And in front of me I saw a 2011 Mustang.

"Guys, whos car is that...?" I asked.

Everyone laughed and then Delilah spoke up. "It's yours slilly!"

I gasped. "What?! You guys did not seriously buy me a car!"

"We all decided that we would all chip in. Your wreck of a car was just sad." Nick said, as if thinking about my old car caused him pain.

"Do you like it?" Seirra asked, standing next to Daylen whom I had failed to disturb yet again.

"I freakin love it!" I squealed and threw myself on the hood. hugging it.

I cooed over my car for a while, and then we all went back inside because it was getting pretty cold. I was so happy! An awesome car. I loved my friends so much.

There was a knock at the door, and my eyes furrowed in confusion. Who could that be?

Everyone else looked just as confused as I did, so i shrugged and went to open the door. Kortlynn Rimes stood there, smiling.

"Happy Birthday December! I hope you don't mind that I dropped by, but Delilah invited me."

"Oh...well thanks." I was kind of baffled. I mean, I didn't mind Kortlynn, but she wasn't really a friend... "Everyone is in the den, come on." I motioned for her to follow me.

When we walked in, I saw Delaney instantly turn murderous. Nick's smile dropped from his face. He believed Delaney, which I'm happy for. I wanted to believe her too, but I hadn't seen any proof. I grimanced. Hopefully Kortlynn wouldn't say long.

"Hi guys!" She said, her voice dripping with sweetness. I started to doubt that sweetness, just by the way caught her staring at Zach like he was a piece of well cooked meat. Maybe I was just imagining it...

I sat on the couch and soon, I forgot all about Kortlynn as I laughed as James stuffed handful after handful of popcorn into his mouth. About about an hour later, I looked around the room and what I saw shocked me. Delaney looked like she wanted to cry as she watched Kortlynn and Zach in the far corner of the room.

Kortlynn was giggling and finding all these excuses to touch Zach. Hitting his arm playfully, to moving his hair away from his face. Zach wasn't flirting back, but he didn't stop her either. Though, I hardly think he knew she as flirting. I wasn't too obvious, but I could tell by the glint in her eyes what her intent was. That's when Delaney stormed out of the room and out the door.

Delaney's POV

_____________________

I wiped my eyes as I sat on the front porch, staring out into the yard. The years first snowfall had begun, and the snowflakes seemed to dance across my vision in blurrs. Damn tears.

Kortlynn was obiously very determined to steal Zach away from me. I was so happy when the week ended and I thought I was free from her for two whole days. My happiness was in vain. I could almost hate Deliah for inviting her.

"Delaney?" Zach called. He looked around the large porch, finally finding me at the very far side, my knees to my chest. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I think you know." I grumbled.

"No actually, I don't." He sat beside me and I didn't have to look at him to know that one of his brown eyebrows were raised.

"Really Zach? It's her! She's whats wrong!"

"Kortlynn?"

"Duh!"

He sighed. "Not this again Delaney."

My head snapped towards him. "Do not say it's nothing. Because it is. Ever since shes been here, we've done nothing but fight! She flirts with you all the time, and I'm fucking sick of watching it!" I exclaimed.

"You're the one who always brings it up! And its not all we've done." He scowled. "And even if she did flirt with me, its not like I flirt back! Chill out, God."

I glared at him. "You never spend any time with me anymore, because all we do it fight. I think that's proof enough."

"We hang out all the time!"

"Oh really? What happened to that date you wanted to take me on? Our first date? Or the plans we made to watch the sunrise last weekend, just because you wanted to see me? That never happened, did it? Or the time you were supposed to come over to my house last week, you didn't do that either because we had fought about her earlier. But I still waited for you to come. I waited until 1:00 in the morning Zach, and you never came like you promised. All because she is getting between us!"

"You know what? I think it's you that' getting between us." He got up and walked into the house while I sat there in shock. Two minutes later, Zach came out, December close behind.

"I'm leaving December." He said gruffly, wrapping his scarf around his neck. I noticed he didn't look in my direction once.

"Zach..." She said in a very disapproving tone.

"Stop. I'm sorry, but I'm leaving. Happy Birthday." He then stormed down the steps and got into his truck, slamming the door shut.

December sighed, and she gasped when she saw me.

"Delaney! You scared me." Then she stopped. The next thing I knew, she was beside me, wrapping me in her arms and hugging me tightly, murmuring comforting words in my ear.

It was then I noticed the tears that fell down my face silently, like small rivers. I didn't try to wipe them away, I just let them roll down my face and drip off of my chin.

That was when Kortlynn walked out. I turned my head in the other direction quickly. There was no way she would ever see me cry.

"I'm leaving December, I had fun." Was that sarcasm I heard? "Bye Delaney." She called as she walked to her red little convertible. I hope the top got stuck, and she had to drive home in the snow with the top down...

Sadly, that didn't happen and as she drove off, I swore I heard her cackling like the witch she was.

Decemeber's POV

___________________

After putting Delaney in my mom and dads room to sleep, I sighed and went into the living room where everyone was settling in. Nick, Daylen and James were on the pull out couch, Delilah, Scarlett, and Seirra were on the large air mattress on the ground, and Cole had volunteered to sleep on the love seat, despite his tall frame.

That left me with no choice but to sleep in my own bed upstairs, I would much rather be down here with everyone else.

"Everyone comfortable?" I asked, making sure everyone had sheets, blankets, and pillows.

A series of yes's and yeah's went around the room.

"Alright then. Night guys." I walked up the stairs and checked on Delaney one last time to find that she was sleeping, though I could still see the wet streaks where the tears had been. My heart ached for her. I don't know what happened exactly, just from what I saw before Delaney stormed out. I hope they fix it soon...

I got ready for bed quickly and sighed in content as I snuggled into my blankets. I was just beginning to drift off when I heard a loud thud, followed by a whispered curse.

Curious, I got out of bed and peeked out of my door. The silhouette of a man was illuminated in the light of the bathroom. I was about to scream, when the person spoke.

"Shh, it's just me."

"Cole?" I asked. "What are you doing up here?"

"Using the bathroom. Then I ran into the door."

"Why didn't you use the one downstairs?"

"The girls were doing something in there, something about face masks?" He laughed softly, as not to wake anyone who was asleep.

"Oh." Then I remembered his present. "Oh!"

"I think you said that already." I could tell he was smiling.

"Oh, shut up and come in here."

"Why December, are you planning on raping me in your room?"

"I said shut up!"

He followed me into my room and I rummaged around in my closet until I found his present. I had wrapped in it paper the same color as his eyes.

"Happy belated birthday Cole!" I sang as I handed him the present.

"December, I told you not to get me anything." He glared.

"Just open it." I demanded.

Cole muttered a few things, before sitting on the bed. I sat next to him and smiled as he began tearing off the paper.

"December...this is..." He stared at the paint, brushes, easel, and canvases in shock.

"Do you...like it?" I asked shyly. I hope he didn't hate it.

"Like it? December...I love it! Thank you!" He hugged me tightly and when he pulled back, his face was just inches from mine and his smile was so breathtaking that I gasped softly and stared at him with big eyes.

Cole's smile slowly faded as he stared at me. His eyes traveled down to my lips and  woosh of air left them. His eyes moved back up to my eyes, and slowly, as if not to scare me, he leaned in closer, never once breaking eye contact. Closer and closer until finally, his lips brushed against mine softly, teasingly. When I instantly responded, he then kissed me fully, and I melted under his touch.

His lips were warm and soft, and the kiss was so tender.It was definately the best kiss I have ever shared with anyone. The electric currents I felt when he touched me seemed to be intensified in this moment and I no longer thought I was going to explode. Well, maybe I would...

His hands tangled in my hair and he pulled my face closer, moving his lips with mine. I kissed him back with everything I had, though the kiss was still slow and sweet.

When he pulled back, I looked at him, utterly shocked. Seeing my expression, his took on the look of panic. I tried to tell him that I liked it, but my mouth wasn't working.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have- I didn't mean to-" Cole said, stuttering. He launched himself off the bed and ran out of the door. When I realized that he was doing, I ran after him. Almost tripping down the stairs in my haste, I got down them just as I heard the door slam. Soon after, I heard the rev of an engine and the squeal of  tires.

And the second guy to burst out of my door that day drove away as fast as he could.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 50.9K 45
Jason McTern left the small town of Vensword to escape his sorrows. When he returns to check on his diner and family he didn't expect Grace Adler.  ...
155K 3.7K 24
"Oh and you can't forget when she's too dumb to realise it's someone close to her" So why didn't you realise it? All has been quiet in...
1.7K 52 15
What would you do when you wake up on your birthday to find your parents gone? Midnight didn't know how to react. Men came for her and she listened t...
684K 11.6K 32
"Oh god," I made little gasping sounds, unable to stop my eyes from rereading the note again and again."This can't be happening." Love conquers all...