More Than a Girl Bodyguard

By everkind

Thought of a girl bodyguard before? Well, Taylor Rosanna, a tomboy, had graduated from Sinreth Academy, a sch... More

Chapter 1: Girl Bodyguard vs Mr Player
Chapter 2: What Are You?
Chapter 3: He's Truly a Player
Chapter 4: Catching After The Player
Chapter 5: Dress Party
Chapter 6: Mr. Player's Promise
Chapter 7: You Know Me and I Know You
Chapter 8: Double Kidnapped
Chapter 9: Childhood Bodyguard Friend
Chapter 10: Trusting a Girl Bodyguard
Chapter 11: The Player is Different
Chapter 12: Girl Bodyguard is Kidnapped
Chapter 13: Hurt Me?
Chapter 14: A Dress Again?
Chapter 15: We Found Her
Chapter 16: Seeing an Old Friend Again
Chapter 17: Found Them Two
Chapter 18: Duplicate
Chapter 19: They're Not the Same
Chapter 20: White Love?
Chapter 21: Nothing Else But a Bodyguard
Chapter 22: Player Runs After Girl Bodyguard
Chapter 23: Un-matching Socks
Chapter 24: Junior and Rosy
Chapter 26: Rose Hope
Chapter 27: A Kiss or Two
Chapter 28: Junior Teddy!
Chapter 29: His First Wish To Me
Chapter 30: Broken
Chapter 31: The Reason For 'Taylor'
Chapter 32: A Hope From Girl Bodyguard
Chapter 33: Finding Someone
Chapter 34: It's Her
Chapter 35: Food Thief
Chapter 36: Secrets of Harris
Chapter 37: Roses Blue
Chapter 38: Promised Mission
Chapter 39: He Was There
Chapter 40: Family Histories

Chapter 25: There's Always Something

7.7K 164 5
By everkind

Chapter 25: There’s Always Something

Pulling my hand he was dragging me out of ice skating centre. “Wait!” I called out, “Where are we going?”

Dean didn’t look back at me, instead he answered, “To a dress shop!”He said, which sounded like he was smiling.

“But I didn’t agree on wearing anything for you!”

He glanced back at me and smiled, “I know.”

“So then why are you still dragging me?”

“Because,” he stopped, “I know that you would look beautiful in one.”

I looked at him, as he was looking into my eyes. Why? I glimpsed back into his ocean blue eyes, Why do I feel this warmth somewhere deep in my heart?

We stood there on the busy streets as he looked at me and I looked at him. Moments passed as he smiled again, “Well, we should get going then.” He continued to pull me down the streets. I just relaxed and allowed him to drag me wherever he wanted. I, for some reason just smiled as I felt that warmth from my heart.

***

“Here we are!” Dean went into a dress shop.

I glanced around the shop. There were surely plenty of dresses in different colours and styles. I glanced back at Dean, “Do I have to wear a dress?”

He nodded, “I just,” he paused, “want to make you feel special on our date.”

He sounded pretty serious for a moment there. I looked at him again and smiled, “Gee, Junior,” I said, “Is this what you always do to other girls too?”

Dean looked at me and I looked back at him. I could see my own reflection in his blue eyes. I saw his lips moving, ready to say ‘No.’ But I just I glanced away and said, “Well, I’m not going to wear one.” With that I ended my sentence and started to head for the door.

“Rosy!” He sighed, trying to pull me back.

I stopped and looked at him, “No, I won’t wear a dress.” I glanced back at him, “Can’t I just pick my own clothes, like normal people?”

Dean shook his head, “Nope!”

“Hi! May I help you?” A retailer walked over to us.

“No, thank you.” I replied, automatically. But Dean smiled and dragged me in, “Yes, please.” He started, “Could you find a dress that fits her, preferring the colour pink?”

“Junior, what do you not understand the word no?”I argued back at Dean, “And you know I hate the colour pink.”

He grinned at me, “Too girly for you?”

The retailer girl smiled and then looked at me. For a while I thought she looked familiar, but it couldn’t be. My old friend should still be in France. The retailer girl stared at me closely as though she was confused herself. Her eyes widened, “Is that you Rosanna?” She asked.

I glanced back at the girl and smiled, “Chloe?”

She nodded, “It is you!” She quickly grabbed me and gave a huge and tight hug.

I was about to suffocate from her squeeze, but instead of using my practical moves on her, I just patted on her shoulder and smiled weakly. Chloe finally released me and smiled, “So, how are you?”

I smiled, “I’m dying.”

Her face suddenly changed, “You’re joking right?”

I shook my head, “No,” I answered, “I really meant it.”

Chloe smiled again and gave me a slight punch in the shoulder, “Good one, Rosanna.” She smiled again.

I looked at her brown hair and smiled, “I thought that you’re still in France.” 

She nodded, “Well,” she said, “I quitted that job, because Xander keeps on telling, and nagging, me that it’s not an actual job.”

I sighed, Xander was basically Chloe’s, suppose to be, older brother. But sometimes he still acts as though he was the younger one.

I glanced back at Chole, “Guess, he’s right...” I replied, trying to make her feel better. But to be honest, I was still doing the job she was doing. I could have been the one going to France and Russia for those agent things. But at the moment, there was something else I need to find first.

Chloe smiled at me, “I’m glad you quitted the job that we did, earlier than me.” She said, “Because, I really regretted training for that.”

“Yeah...” I smiled weakly, if she found out that I went back for it. I know that she would make me quit it by force. But it was the only job that allowed for me to find my parents. I nodded quietly and was about to open my mouth to say something. Until she leaned over to my ear and whispered, “Who is he?” She pointed, “Your boyfriend?”

I reacted immediately, “No!”

Chloe laughed, “Seriously. You haven’t dated anyone?”

I glanced away and nodded.

“Not even Harris?”

I looked back at her, “Harris is just my best friend, Chloe.”

She smiled, “Right...”

“So where are the dresses?” Dean chirped in.

Gosh, I almost forgot that Dean was still here. Chloe smiled, “They’re over there,” she pointed, “but I’ll show it to you later.” She offered her hand to him, “I’m Chloe,” she greeted him, “Rosanna’s best friend, nice to meet you.”

Dean grinned at me and shook Chloe’s hand, “I’m Dean.”

“Okay then.” I interrupted, “I guess I better be going then.”

Dean pulled me back, “Not yet.” He sang in a little melody.

I shook my head, “I’m not going to wear a dress and that’s final.”

Chloe grinned at me, “Is that so?”

I nodded. She smiled again and this time I knew that she was thinking deeply just by the looks of it. It seemed like she was going to make me do something by force. “Well, with me here, you will wear a dress!” Chloe smiled excitedly and pushed me over to the racks.

I glanced back at Dean giving him the frowned, but he just smiled and laughed.

***

After changing dresses for about two hours or so, and was still unable to find a dress for me, we all headed out and ate some ice cream by the central park; even though it was in the middle of winter.

“This is nice.” Chloe started.

“The ice cream?” I glanced back.

“Yeah that and the time we are spending together.” She looked at me.

I nodded. Chloe and I were just sitting there by a wooden bench, where the sun rays reached its warmth on our faces. And for Dean, he said that he would be back in a second. But it looked like he was going to take a while.

I scanned the area, seeing the once green was covered by white snow. Even though it was cold and freezing, it was actually very peaceful. One of the reasons why I love winter.

“Rosanna...” Chloe looked at me as she licked her chocolate ice cream.

I glanced back at her, “Chloe, don’t call me by my first name.” I lowered my eyes.

She gasped for a while and then nodded. The thing about her was that even though we’re not blood-related, she understands me perfectly; the same way Rosabel understands me.

“Taylor,” Chloe finally said, “There’s something I wanted to tell you a long time ago.”

I licked my vanilla ice cream and glimpsed over to her, “What is it?”

She smiled, “You know how I said that I’ll help you find the person who killed your parents?”

I nodded.

“Well,” Chloe paused, “when I went to France and was about to return back to here, I think that you should just leave things the way they are.”

I glanced back at my best friend and sighed, “That’s what Rosabel said.” I glanced up, “But I don’t understand why you everyone keeps telling me this.”

Chloe gazed into my eyes, straight at my face, “I really mean it Taylor.” She said, “I think that if you do find out, you won’t be able to accept it.”

I was confused, how does she know this. “What do you mean by that?” My eyes narrowed, “Do you mean that you know something about my parents? Are they still alive?” Questions started to pop into my head, “Where are they? Why were they killed?”

Chloe sighed, as she tried to clear her thoughts, “No, that’s not what I meant.” She licked her chocolate ice cream, “I’m just saying, what if you can’t handle it.”

I stared at her, “Chloe, I’m a bodyguard.” I smiled, “I can handle big guys who are three times larger than me, not to mention something like this.”

Chloe nodded, “I know that.” She said, “But do you know what your weakness is?”

I sighed, Great, she’s going to go on about this again, just like Rosabel.

“Your weakness is your emotions.” Chloe continued.

“I know,” I tried to explain to her, “I know, that’s why I haven’t dated anyone.”

Chloe smiled, “And for the first time, you’re going to date Dean. Am I right?”

I rolled my eyes, “I only did this so that I can get something else okay?”

Chloe’s face just changed into a cheerful person again, “Oh, you mean you’re using him?”

I glanced away, “No.” I replied, “That’s not true.”

“Or is it because you’re falling for him?”

“Eh?”

Chloe smiled, “You’re always tough on physical and intellectual abilities,” she shook her head, “but never on boys. Am I right again?”

“Whatever, Chloe.” And just from that I knew she was laughing at me. Yes, she was right. I topped in everything, but when it comes to being girly or talking about boys, I fail epically. I just thought that talking about cute boys was never going to make use in my life, so I didn’t even care about them. Seriously, only people who are into them would talk about them that much. Why do you even need them?

“Are you blushing?” Chloe’s eyes widened as she looked at me.

“No, I’m not.” I reacted. One thing that Chloe was good at, along with other abilities such as martial arts or kung fu and all that bodyguard stuff, was that she was good at acting and lying.

“Oh, yes you are?” She pointed.

I looked at her confused and touched my cheeks just to make sure. But they were freezing cold. How can they be blushing?

“Gottcha!” She smiled at me.

I frowned, “Back to your old tricks again?”

She laughed, “For some reason, I love doing that to you.”

“Yeah, I know.” I mumbled, “Because I’m the only one who falls for it.”

Chloe laughed.

“I’m back!” Dean called out, waving from the distance of the park.

Chloe smiled again, “Looks like your future husband is here.”

I glanced back at her.

She smiled again, “He likes you, you know that?”

“You mean he’s annoying!”

Dean ran and finally stopped in front of us. “I didn’t take that long right?”

I glanced away, “You took forever, whatever you were doing.”

Chloe smiled, “She didn’t mean that.” She whispered to him, loudly enough so that I can hear it too.

“I heard that.” I said.

They both laughed at me.

“Well,” Dean continued, “I bought you this.” He reached for a box in his jacket and took out something.

***

Right! So school is back for me tomorrow and this means that my updates are going to be slower. But I promise to try and write as much as possible. If you like this chapter remember to vote! Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 446 31
A young girl was brought into a family's life for she didn't really say she had a true family. They took her in and became that one family that knew...
2.6M 64.3K 22
Emma Carter just moved into a new town thanks to her mum's new job. And a new town obviously leads to a new school. A school full of gossip, gossip...
76.2K 1.7K 41
UPDATE!! BOOK II: BOUND TO HIM IS NOW AVAILABLE!! NEW CHAPTER POSTED EVERY THURSDAY!!! *** It was supposed to be a simple trade off with her father b...
18 6 9
After running away from her parents to elope with her boyfriend and being thrown from a cliff by her boyfriend, not knowing it was part of his master...