Fool's Gold

Av sonneights

Ruby was red. She was the flaming fire and I was burning inside her. Sapphire is blue. And with one gaze, h... Mer

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
Epilogue
New Story: End Of The Day
New Story: Memories!

12

4.1K 226 44
Av sonneights

H a r r y

"So, about boyfriends. Tell me more. How many boyfriends have you had?" I asked. Way to creep her out, Styles. Go on.

"Three actually. None ended well, though." She said in disgust.

Three? "What happened?"

"I always caught them cheating. It was hard, but I can't really control all the bad and good things in life, can I? I just need to go along with whatever was there." She smiled. I stared at the beauty sat beside of me. She was intelligent, wise. She was surreal.

"I was never the dateable one, not really the type most guys would go for. I'm a goody-two-shoe and apparently none really likes my kind. I'm not adventurous enough for them. But I don't know, I just can't let myself change into someone I am not. I want someone who'd truly like me for me. There must be a reason why I exist as me, and not someone else." She was probably the only original one, I knew. I continued to stare at her. I was truly amazed by her. Who'd really put this girl in to waste? She was perfect.

She wasn't adventurous, but she was the adventure itself.

I scooted closer to her and she looked down shyly. "Well, I think those guys are fucking stupid." I whispered and she shot me that smile. You know, the smile I could never get used to, the one that got more and more addicting every time she shot one.

"It happens 3 times already. I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm the one with issues this time."

"No, seriously. You're too good for them. Or anyone." Even me.

Knowing that she was in fact blaming herself for her past lovers' fault was fucking irritating. It was not her fault that she dated assholes. "You could do so much better," I added.

"Thank you. You were probably lying about it but still, thanks. That actually made me feel a bit better." Her smile was beautiful. It was not forced. Everything about this girl is real and sincere.

"So?" She interrupted my thoughts.

"What?"

"Your turn! Tell me about yours!" She said, her eyes sparkled with excitement.

Shit. Ruby. I forgot about her.

Should I tell her? I knew she'd ask me back but was I ready to tell her? Her eyes lit down immediately when she realized what my reaction was.

"Or not. That's completely fine. I don't want to push you into doing things you-"

Fuck it.

"-She left me" I said out of nowhere.

"What?"

"Ruby. She left me." We were silent for a moment until I broke the silence. "It was hard for me. I never expect anyone, especially her to leave so soon. I could not stop myself from thinking about those memories I had with her." I sobbed at the thought of Ruby.

Ruby was everything I wanted. Was.

"Harry..." She said softly. Her voice was full of sadness and pity. Her voice was soft and calming.

"She was all I care about and I was probably in love with her, I was mad about her. She was everything to me. And one day she just left like that." My voice was shaking at the end, making Sapphire flinched and slowly patting my shoulder. Just hold me, dammit.

"Hey-"

"I just don't get it. I gave her everything. I gave her attention and affection, my heart and fortune. I'd give everything she asked for. I thought we were real, but I guess I was wrong. She just left like that, She was like gold to me, but I didn't worth a penny to her."

"Fool's Gold was for this Ruby girl, huh?" Yes, the painful words which you turned to such magical melodies.

"Pathetic, right?"

"Have you ever thought that she was just- that she was just using you?"

Have I ever?

"What did she ever give to you? The one thing that was so precious thing which made you hold on to her even until now?"

What did Ruby ever give to me? Well, she gave me pain for sure. I was lost in my thoughts wondering Am I that stupid?

"I-I'm sorry. It was just something I- Sorry, that was a bad question. I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine, Sapphire. Doesn't matter anyways. She's gone and I don't know if she would even think of coming back." I shot her my weakest smile and my chuckle forced.

"Guess we're shit at this, huh? Relationships?"

"Well, I don't have anything to deny that. You're right. So it's you and me against those fairytales bullshit?"

"You and me, Harry." You and me.

"Come here," I adjust my sitting and threw my right hand behind her, slowly pulling her head to my chest.

"You and me, Sapphire."

We stayed like that in silence, my breathing calm but I was sure that she could hear my ridiculous heart beating fast, but I didn't care. I was holding her in my arms and that was all that matters. I wonder if it was possible, two broken pieces filling each other to be whole.

"Do you trust me, Harry?" She said breaking the silence.

Do I? "Yes."

"Even with the fact that we just met?"

"Yes. I've never done this before, but yes. I trust you."

"Good. I trust you too, Harry. I know it's too early, but you're worth a try, so please try not to break it, yeah?"

"You're worth a try too, Sapphire." I felt she lifted up her head to look at me and for the first time I felt like I was slowly coming back to life, all because there was something with her smile.

"That's it then. Let's be shitty together." Then she leaned her head back to my chest.

"You and me, Sapphire."

Together.

-

The walk to the apartment was short because we kept talking and playing on the way. I quite like it, though, the idea of Harry and Sapphire against the bullshit. But more to the thought of Harry and Sapphire alone.

"Thank you for walking me home, Harry."

"Well you're welcome, but I'm walking you up too."

"Oh come on, you don't have to. It's not that we were on a date or som-"

"We're not? I thought we were?" Why can't I just learn to control myself just for once? Because she had control over you. You're losing it, mate.

"Oh?" Oh, that's enough fact to know that you crept her out on you first non-considerate date.

"Besides, I want to crush that precious dream of Bellboy Boyfriend Marcel." I teased as I try to play it cool.

"Whatever, Styles. Just try to ask properly next time, this lady loves to be treated right." She winked playfully, so cute I just want to squish her that pretty face of hers right this second, but I guess I was already creeping out her enough.

I took her hand in mine and I made a little space between when we got into the lobby, so just that Marcel could see more clearly that I was holding her hand. Plus, I didn't forget to give him the smirk. We stopped right in front of her door, sheepishly grinning to each other.

"So," I start.

"Sooo,"

"Can I have your number, Sapphire?" I stepped closer wiggling my eyebrows. Dork.

"And what would you like to do with that, kind sir?"

"So I could text this lovely miss in front of me, asking her to go on a real date properly, just like she loves to be treated." Yes, I said that on purpose just so I can see those cheeks redden again. "It's a pity that she didn't count this one as a real date, though. Didn't she feel it when I held her in my arms?"

"You think you're all that, huh?" She bit her lip, taking her phone out. "Here," I texted my number from her phone to make it more simple.

"Thank you, m'lady," I grinned and she rolled her eyes dramatically.

I stopped her when she reached her door handle, smirking slowly.

"Don't I get my kiss now?"

She leaned in and I swear to God my heart was beating too fast just for a peck on the cheek. But instead of doing that, she whispered to my ears.

"I never kiss on the first date."

She said then she closed her door. I stood still, thinking with what just happened. She decided to count this as our first date. I didn't get my kiss again, but I got a date. And her rosy cheeks. And her shy smile. And her number.

I, Harry Styles, just got Sapphira Mayfair to go on a date.

-

Hiii! So what do you think about this chapter? Please keep voting and sharing. Thank you so so so much!

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1.1M 47.7K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
231K 5.7K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
812K 37.6K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
166K 5.9K 28
"So what are we?" "I don't know what we are. I don't care either what we call it. I only know what you are" "Oh really? What am I?" "Mine!" ... When...