All Bets Are Off

By GirlLuvsHae

Dara's delinquent days in high school is catching up on her as she got fired three times for each job in a ma... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 24

2.7K 73 5
By GirlLuvsHae

Donghae shifted in his sleep and automatically stretched out his arm to reach out to Dara but only find nothing but an empty space on the bed next to him. He groggily opened one eye to confirm that and looked around the room. He rubbed his eyes awake and sat up slowly, his brows furrowed. First thing his mind had thought was, Was it a dream?. He sit there for a minute then looked at the bed where he thought he hugged Dara as he slept. The sheet was rumpled and there's a dent of someone's head on the pillow next to his. No, it couldn't have been a dream, he decided as the remnants of sleep washed off him little by little. It was real. Dara was with him last night. Dara went to him and she had kissed him. He had kissed her. Quite incessantly so, even as he is slowly undoing her shirt, mindless with want and going crazy over her butterfly-like touches, her fingers softly stroking the bare skin of his back. There's no way he could've only dreamed of that. It was too intense to be even real.

And he was naked to top the proof of its realness. He never sleeps naked.

He picked up his boxer shorts thinking Dara might be outside, probably eating or... trying to get over her embrassment... or shock of having her first—. He smirked at that. Dara shocked? He couldn't imagine Dara ever being shocked at anything.

He went out of his room hoping he would really see Dara stuffing her face even if a part of him knows she wouldn't be. His house was empty. The glass door of his balcony is still open just as he had left it, showing a promise of a clear sky today. He went to his kitchen and turned on his coffee maker then sat down on one of the stools. He couldn't understand the worry that is springing up inside him. He doesn't even know what he's worried about. Maybe it was because there's a strange look on Dara's eyes when she looked at him last night. He would probably be relieved of worry if he woke up and found her beside him but... He shook his head knowing he's not making any sense even with himself.

He poured himself some coffee and took his phone to call Dara. He wanted to ask her if she's okay... if he had hurt her last night... did she got home safe.... Why did she leave without waking him up... Why did she want to leave in the first place.... He heard the phone ring and all the questions immediately got jumbled in his mind,his heart started pounding. Look at that, he was getting nervous. To talk to a girl. Man, he had never felt this nervous even when he was in highschool asking any girls out on a date. What did Dara do to him?

As it was, his nervousness just got wasted as the phone kept ringing until it went to voicemail.He glanced at the clock and saw that it was close to 9 in the morning. Is she still sleeping? Or did she already went to work? Would it be alright for him to keep on calling or would it be right for him to give her time to come to terms on what happened to them? Is she embarassed at what happened? Will she talk to him this early?

He sighed heavily as he lifted his cup of coffee to drink as he stared at Dara's name on his call list.

"Dara, even now you're making me absolutely crazy," he muttered to himself.

Dara looked up at the house in front of her remembering how it looked like with all the colorful lights that had encased its enormity last night. She had been too busy with her own thoughts that she hadn't had the chance to fully appreciate the beauty of the house. It reminds her of the one they used to have when her dad was still alive. The one which she had taken advantage of not knowing it will be taken away from her. It's not the sense that it's similar because of its vastness. It was because that is the only house which she had felt she was home.

She took a deep breath, shaking off the sudden feeling of nostalgia in her as she pressed the doorbell. A security guard had opened the gate looking at her questioningly.

"Hi," she said smiling. "I'm looking for Yoona?"

"I'm sorry, I had a late night and haven't had the chance to clean myself up," Yoona said apologetically in her pink pajamas as she ushered Dara inside the house. She made Dara sit as she called for one of the servants to get her something to eat or drink.

Dara shook her head. "No, I'm okay." She studied Yoona, looking so immaculately clean and neat. No one would've guessed she hadn't cleaned herself up yet. If it had been her who pulled an all nighter, she would've looked like she had been dragged from hell even if she had already took a shower.

"Are you sure?" Yoona asked when she declined any offer of beverages.

She just nodded, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible because if she stalled for too long, she might not be able to do this anymore. One last thing to do. For Donghae. Her heart wrenched at the thought of him.

Last night... last night was the most... she couldn't find an appropriate word to describe it. Magical was too mawkish. Touching... yeah they did a lot more than touch, pun intended. It was exquisite. That is the only thing that she could probably come up with to describe what happened between them.

Donghae had hugged her tight and she almost wished it was true. That they were real. That somewhere, maybe he could learn to love her too. But she had read too many books and watched too many movies to recognize that it's the only action men makes everytime towards women they've been with at night. She had closed her eyes, trying to stop any threatening tear from falling off and pretended to sleep. When she had heard his soft snores and his arm slacking off its hold, she slowly extracted herself. She had gazed into his sleeping face before leaning in and planting a soft kiss on his forehead before leaving. She took the bus to her house and took a shower trying to make herself feel anesthesized or unfeeling. She can't cry. She had promised herself no more today. She already spent it all last night and no more. She was firm on her resolve. Being with him, in his arms, being loved by him just for a night, even if it was brought on by her pathetic knowledge of seduction, would be worth all the hurt that she knew would hit her. What she had only asked is just one chance of knowing how it would feel like to be with him.

And she doesn't regret it one bit. Now the only thing left for her to do is finish the job for him. Donghae doesn't need to stay with her because of the contract or the deal they had or even be scared of any sort of retribution she would conjure. He doesn't need to feel that he cheated off his friends if he agreed to cancel the deal early. She would be the one to do this. This is the only help she could give him. And this is the only way she could get on with her life. The only way she could get over him. Or try at least. She needs to start somewhere. And with that she gathered her things she needed before taking the bus to Yoona's house.

"So what've you been up to?" Yoona asked smiling as she sat across from her. "Donghae said you've been really busy and that you couldn't come to the party last night. Or even on his birthday. Is Siwon running you ragged?"

Dara just smiled tightly but made no answer.

"I know that... life hasn't really been fair to you," Yoona said softly. "And... I know you're working for your family and I really admire that but... it isn't fair to Donghae. Your drive in working is commendable but don't let it run your life."

Dara's brows furrowed. Isn't fair to Donghae? They think she was neglecting her relationship with Donghae because she's too busy making money?

"Don't get me wrong," Yoona continued. "but it's just that...I saw how Donghae was in Thailand when he keeps looking at his phone, jumping on it everytime it rang and looking so disappointed when it wasn't you..." Yoona continued. "When he got back and he told us you were busy even on his birthday he looks so dejected.... I know it's none of my business—"

"Do you love him?" Dara asked which caused Yoona to gawk at her.

"W-what?" Yoona asked surprised at her sudden question.

"Do you love him?" Dara repeated. Their gazes locked and for a moment, Dara thought she's wrong and that Yoona really doesn't have any special feelings for Donghae. But she saw Yoona blink furiously and averted her gaze while swallowing and clearing her throat.

"Dara," Yoona said trying to laugh, looking so flustered, a blush creeping up on her neck. "Wha—why are you asking? I mean—"

"Can you just answer the question?" Dara said a little bit sharply.

"Of course I do," Yoona answered still not quite meeting her eyes. "He's my friend and—"

"No," Dara said again. "Do you love him?" Because I need to know if he would be happy if I let him go.

Yoona's eyes flew up to meet hers and she didn't speak for a moment searching her face. When she did opened her mouth, Dara knew what she's going to say.

"I'm sorry," Yoona said in a bare whisper looking as if she wanted to cry. She hung her head.

It amazes Dara how she understand that short answer she got. It's probably a girl's code of conversation or something that is ingrained on all female specie. But then again, it was really obvious from that answer anyway.

Yoona lifted a dainty finger on the edge of her eyes and wiped a tear before smiling at her again. "I never really thought that I would. I mean... it's Donghae. In a way, he's my best friend. When we were little he's always seems to be everywhere I go. Everybody says he likes me but... " She shook her head. "In high school, I can only watch him go out with different girls every night. Watch him ask different girls out, flirt with them and... you know, i felt sorry for these girls because I'd rather be someone close to him rather than the girl he dates and he just discards the day after . I was contented to be his friend because I knew I would be there by his side no matter what and I'm the only girl that heis constant in his life. But then... I met you. And... I have never seen him so committed or... so serious about anyone. And that's when I felt... envious I guess. Or jealous. I wanted to be you. I wanted to be the one who could make him laugh, I wanted to be the one who could make him annoyed, I wanted to be the one he would pounce on his phone for just to see if he even got a message, I wanted to be the one he's taking home everynight and dropping off to work at every morning, one that he brought lunches or dinner for, one that he would introduce to his grandma... one that he could fight a psycho for.... Although you did that one all by yourself."

Dara smiled tightly, her heart dropping. Yoona was getting jealous of Donghae doing all the things she had ordered him to. And the main and the worst part is... Yoona is inlove with him. If she adds the fact that Donghae is inlove with her too, then it will equal to her as the main obstacle of this whole fairytale story to have a happy ending.

"I had wished... that I did what I can to make him fall inlove with me instead," Yoona continued in a whisper. Then she laughed in a heartbreaking way while shaking her head. "Everytime I see you I feel like I could've been you. The one who Donghae would do all these things for." She sniffled and smiled at her while waving her hand. "Don't mind me. I'm just... a little emotional right now. I'm just...." She let out a heavy sigh. "I guess I'm just regretting that I was too late and I never realized what I got until... someone else already got him. I thought he was just my friend... I like being with him because he's safe. Because I know he wouldn't even take advantage of me but... now I wished that he did." She chuckled softly and looked solemnly at Dara. " I have ever seen him like this. And believe me it's epic. He loves you, so don't throw it away."

Dara took a deep breath before looking at Yoona straight in the eye. "No, he doesn't." She congratulated herself for saying that with a steady voice. She opened her bag and took out two crumpled piece of papers she had carelessly stuffed in earlier. "He's a better actor than I thought."

Yoona's brow furrowed in confusion as she took the paper Dara had extended to her.

"What's this?" Yoona asked.

"It's a bet. And the deal I had set up with Donghae." Her heart ached for telling it but she knew she's doing the right thing. She watched as Yoona read it, her brows becoming even more furrowed.

"Donghae had betted with his friends about getting any girl to fall for him in two weeks," Dara explained even if the paper contained all the information. "I was the unfortunate girl that was around, one that Donghae had agreed to play on..."

Yoona looked up at her holding the paper looking like she doesn't understand a thing.

"You know why they did the bet in the first place?" Dara said, the memory of finding out about the bet hurting her more now. "Because he wanted to get the car. For you. I'm guessing you're fond of collecting ancients cars?"

Yoona didn't respond. Just kept looking at her like she was speaking an alien language.

"It was all on that paper anyway, what they have betted on," Dara said. "And unfortunately for him, I found out about it. Oh, I played with him for a while. You know the time when I walked up to you pregnant? I think that was the time he finally got the courage to propose to you but I ruined it for him. That's why he's so mad at me.But of course, he's got nothing when I was the one throwing a fit. I let him know I knew about the bet and I thought I would never see him again. But surprise! He took up the courage to show his face to me the next morning. Why? Because he doesn't want to lose the bet. I figured you weren't speaking to him and he thought the bet is the only thing that he could win you over... I mean the car... so he proposed an agreement. That's the deal." She nodded towards the other paper that was on Yoona's lap. "He's supposed to be my servant for three months. You know doing everything for me like, picking me up at work, dropping me off home, bringing me lunch and dinner. I can't say he did it willingly. He probably wanted to kill me. And that meeting with his grandmother... I'm guessing he really wanted to murder me on the spot if it wouldn't end him up in prison. So then, we're stuck in pretending to lovey dovey."

"But...I don't understand..." Yoona said still looking confused.

"He did all that for you. So he could give you the car you wanted," Dara said. "He already have it by the way and he probably hasn't given it to you yet because he was adamant in executing his plan on making you sympathetic when I break up with him."

Dara continued to explain Donghae's stupid plan to the confused look on Yoona's face. The deal they had agreed on, and how Donghae wanted to carry out his plan of being the depressed, dumped, boyfriend so Yoona would be there for him.

"So..." Yoona said trying to understand it all after Dara was done explaining. "Your relationship with him... it's not true?"

"No, not even a bit," Dara answered. "And the things that you had been jealous of? You know like picking me up at work, bringing me food... I made him do that."

Yoona let out a breath of disbelief. "I can't believe..."

"I know. I can't believe he would do all that just to get the car and get your... affections. You know," Dara said. "I don't blame Donghae. Everytime I see you, you look so collected and calm. You don't look like... you don't look like there's a chance for Donghae to be with you other than a close friend. I guess that's probably why he had to do drastic measures. No matter how stupid they are."

It surprised Dara that Yoona laughed. "This is just so... unreal," she said after her laughter. "This doesn't happen in real life. I mean..."

"Yeah, stupid, like I said," Dara wryly supplied.

Yoona let out another breath but she's suddenly looking so happy it only made Dara wanted to cry. She guessed it's time for her to exit because she doesn't think she can stand all these happiness radiating off her. She stood up.

"Well, I guess I had to go. My job here is done," she said.

Yoona stood up too studying her face. "Why?"

"Uh... because I had work?"

"No, I mean... why are you telling me this? I mean... I'm glad that... you told me but... I mean... should I act like I didn't know about this or... has the three months you had agreed with already up or...."

Dara sighed dramatically. "Yoona, I finally see that you and Donghae are well suited for each other. You're both idiots. No offense."

Yoona wryly smiled and Dara continued acting as if this is the most senseless conversation that she had even participated in while she ignored the pain that is twisting inside her chest.

"Donghae's always blabbering about you and I'm so tired of his unbelievable cowardice in letting you know what he feels so here I am telling you that Donghae is inlove with you. Has been inlove with you for like... forever. And I'm not doing this for him. I'm doing this for me because I'm so fed up with his constant whining all the time. And all those acts that he's showing... Ugh. And besides, now that I knew that you love him too, I see no point in keeping the two of you apart right? That's like the anti-protagonist role, like the evil queen from Sleeping Beauty or the evil stepmother on Cinderella, and I don't want to be that."

Yoona looked at her in surprise. "You know Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella?"

Dara looked like she was offended. "Of course, I do. I grew up with all those Disney shits too. Or we could make it like, I don't want to be... the Volturi on the Twilight movie or... President Snow on the Hunger Games... Or Voldemort in Harry Potter...." She realized she was already blabbering and she took a deep breath. "Donghae deserves every stupid shit that has happened to him and he probably deserves to suffer but... you don't. Now that I know that... you know, that you feel the same about him. You're... really a very nice person and... " A lump formed in her throat and she chuckled to get it off. "I mean, I could go on torturing him if you told me I was being ridiculous and you only want him as a friend but...." She blew out a breath. "I hate conversations like this so... I'm gonna go now okay. What you wanted to do with him is up to you but I'm gonna wash my hands off him, he's all yours."

She was surprised when Yoona suddenly hugged her.

"Thank you," Yoona whispered.

Dara let Yoona hug her, borrowing some minutes to get her emotions in check before she extracted herself and just waved her hand to Yoona in a good bye motion not trusting herself to speak. Once she stepped outside, feeling the cold air whipping on her face, she managed to get some calmness though her insides are churning. She let out a breath, adjusted the strap on her bag before checking her watch. She's running late and Kraz wold probably give her hell again but somehow, she'd much prefer that and be encased in a bubble of irritation at her boss rather than be left alone.

Donghae had his hand under his chin as he stared out at the glass window watching endless number of cars passing by from above his office but his mind is elsewhere. Or rather his mind is centered on one person. She hasn't returned his call or his text messages. When he dropped by at her house, he found it empty. Or at least none is answering when he knocked on the door. He thought she was still probably embarrassed or something so he told himself to give her some time. But how much time does he have to give her? It's already 12 in the afternoon! He doesn't know if he should go to CSW and just go up to her and casually tell her to have lunch with him. Every hour that he doesn't hear anything from Dara, a new round of doubt is easing up on him. He wanted to discard them but it persisted to penetrate his brain until he can no longer do anything but welcome it. Is she regretting it? Was she regretting her hasty decision to spend the night with him? Is she mad at him? What is she mad at?

He clenched his jaw trying to run it over in his mind as insecurity and uncertainess pummeled his gut again and again. He had never really given much thought on girls he had spent the night with. It was just a good time and they know it. He wouldn't spend a single minute trying to decipher the meaning of a girl not answering his call or responding to his text messages. Because it has never happened before. And he doesn't know how to proceed. It's like Dara is slowly killing him. Is this how the girl he had dated felt like when he promised to call them but never did?

Finally giving up, he went to his desk to take his phone, deciding to go to CSW and talk to Dara once and for all. He was about to strode towards the door when it opened and Yoona came insmiling widely.

"Hey," Donghae greeted with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry I can't stay, I have somewhere I need to—"

He was rendered shocked when Yoona suddenly put her arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips.

"Wha—" Donghae couldn't find words as he stared wide eyed at Yoona as she smiled up at him. Before, he would've somesaulted into oblivion but now he's just completely taken aback.

"You didn't have to do all that,silly!" Yoona said brightly. "You should've just told me."

Donghae's brows furrowed in confusion. "What?"

"Dara already told me everything," Yoona explained. "And I can't believe how stupid we both are. Dara was right. We're both idiots."

Donghae just kept looking at her in confusion but a small part of him had a vague understanding of what Yoona is talking about. Yoona unclasped her hands on his neck and took something out of her purse.

"Dara gave me this," Yoona said. "And... I would have to say what you did... yeah it was bad but... I'm really flattered that you would do all that for me."

Donghae, still uncomprehending, or at least refused to comprehend, gingerly took the crumpled papers from Yoona's hand and smothed them out to reveal the bet he made with his friends.And the deal he made with Dara. He stared at it, his eyes boring a hole into them before lifting his eyes to meet Yoona's smiling eyes.

"Donghae..." Yoona continued, her voice going solemn. "We have a lot to talk about... and... this is too much to take in but... all I can tell you is that... I don't need the car. I don't want the car. What I want is you. Why do you think I always call you whenever I needed someone to go with me somewhere? I could've just called Siwon or Kibum or the other guys but it's you I want. I might have realized it too late but... I'm just glad that I wasn't that late." She put her hands on Donghae's shoulders and around his neck, her fingers softly stroking the hair on his nape. "You don't have to go though all that. The bet... and that deal you made.... It amused me for a while but I was really touched." Then she playfully slapped Donghae's shoulders. "You're an idiot." Then she pulled him closer and rested her head on the crook of Donghae's shoulders. "I love you, Donghae. I always have and I'm just... so happy right now."

Donghae could smell the scent of shampoo on Yoona's hair, could feel how soft and how warm her body is against his, her arms wound tightly around him, her womanly scent wafting in his nose. Everything of her smelled perfection.

But he felt empty. Blank.

And all the while, he clutched the pieces of papers in his balled up hands as it perfunctorily lifted to wound around Yoona's waist.

Dara yawned as her fingers continued to do the work of making a sample script for a segment of an entertainment show as part of her training. After Mr. Kraz had given her an ear blister from his yelling early that morning because of an unfininished script that she was assigned to edit last night (she couldn't use the excuse of leaving it all because of a broken heart), he had set her aside and instructed to make a script while the other trainees went to production. She scowled as soon as she realized that writing a script for a non-existent show is going to be her punishment. But she welcomed that. She even sighed in relief when Kraz also gave her grief for being late. It made her busy trying to plot revenge in her mind.

She had been trying to drag writing for as long as she could. Even Mei was surprised when she told them she wasn't finished yet and Mei glanced surreptitiously at the clock and then back at her with a quizzical look on her face when she saw it was already 4 in the afernoon. Dara just shrugged and went back to what she is doing. This was the longest she had ever done something as a trainee and she could've dragged it off for another two or three hours if not for Mr. Kraz bellowing her name and demanding what she is doing. She was only kept from answering back that it was the one he had told her to do but his phone ring and he waved her off out of office in annoyance.

Now sitting at her desk, she had about made at least 20 pages of script for a show that doesn't even exist. She had been revising it everytime she came to the end and then rereading it and then revising it and rereading it and then revising it again. The continuing revisions only made the concept change from a reality show to a live show then to comedy program then to a variety show.

Bo had asked her when he strode by her desk why she is so serious about it.

"Kraz is just going to throw it anyway, don't bother too much with it. He's not going to check that. Much less read it."

"I know that," Dara said. "I just want to be busy, that's all."

They had left her after that.

She stretched her arms out, then winced when she felt the stinging pain on her shoulder again. She rotated her shoulder, massaging it gingerly before taking a sip of her coffee. Her gaze went to the phone that is beside her keyboard and her forehead creased lightly, her heart resumed its twisting that is becoming so familiar to her.

Donghae had stopped calling her. All morning, he had been calling her and sending her messages.

Dara? Are you awake?

I'm at your house. Where are you?

Please answer the phone. I need to talk to you.

Call me when you get my messages, okay, no pressure =) but you're giving me a slight headache so call me fast.

And it stopped. She guessed maybe it was because Yoona already talked to him. He's must've been so deliriously happy right now. She jumped slightly when her phone buzzed and the screen lighted up signifying an incoming message. She took it and read the pop up text box.

Hungry?

It was from Jaejoong. She sent a response.

Famished. Why?

The response came a second later.

Because I am too. If you want to eat, come down to the lobby. I'll be going to McDonald's.

McDonald's? I would never have guessed you even know there's a McDonald's.

It's the fastest way to get something in your stomach. And it's just on the corner.

Dara smiled before telling Mei she's going on break and that to call her if Kraz suddenly came looking for her script for an imaginary show.

Minutes later, Dara was scarfing on the french fries on one of the chairs of the fast food chain with Jaejoong eating his cheeseburger. She didn't realize that she was hungry.

"You know, I was the one who asked you here," Jaejoong said. "I should be the one paying for all this."

Dara waved her hand. "You've bought me food in the past and it's about time I returned the favor. It's not like CSW is not compensating me for my hard work."

Jaejoong just chuckled softly and continued eating his sandwich while studying her face.

"What?" Dara said noticing Jaejoong's stare on her face after a moment.

Jaejoong just shrugged at her. "I don't want to ask if you're okay because I know what you're going to answer but I'm still gonna ask anyway. How are you?"

Dara snorted as she dipped a fry in ketchup. "Hungry, obviously." Then she grinned. "Is that the answer you thought of?"

"Something like that," Jaejoong said.

She popped the fry in her mouth and chewed. "I can't say this is really my favorite topic of conversation but to satisfy your ardent curiousity and mollify your unfounded concern, and of course, seeing as you're my boss and all.... I. Am. Fine." She grinned showing all her teeth. "See?"

Jaejoong didn't smile but kept on looking at her with a crease on his forehead but didn't prod as Dara went back in eating her fries and cheeseburger. He took a bite of his own and chewed thoughtfully. He doesn't know what's going on now. When he went back to Yoona's party last night just so he could greet his grandma, Donghae's attitude with him was practically hostile. Practically making a snarky remark on his every comment and then ignoring him completely before telling his grandma he can no longer stay. Jaejoong getting fed up with his attitude followed him on the parking lot.

"What is your problem?" Jaejoong asked just as Donghae was about to slid into the driver's seat.

Donghae just looked at him haughtily. "I don't know, man. What do you think?"

"I think you're being an ass," Jaejoong answered without hesitation, remembering how Dara had looked when she told him she was fine. "A childish, supercilious ass."

"Everybody knows that," Donghae answered haughtily. "And if it's the first time you had ever realized it, then you're completely an idiot. But then again, you're never really around much to know those things. Guess you never really trouble yourself with matters of family."

"What?" Jaejoong said not understanding it a bit.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm probably speaking alien language to you," Donghae said. "Family means no crossing or stabbing each other in the back. Try to instill that on your brilliant head." Then he slid into his car and sped off leaving smoke trailing behind.

He had an idea what he's so pissed of about but he wasn't so sure. He can be definite but he doesn't want to get ahead of himself in case he was wrong. He cleared his throat. "Have you spoken with Donghae yet?"

Dara drank her coke slowly before answering. "No." That much was true. They didn't really talk last night but of course Jaejoong doesn't need to know that.

"I think you should," Jaejoong said kindly. "I believe that there's some micommunication that is happening—"

He stopped when Dara put up her hand in a stop sign while shaking her head at him. "I don't want to talk about it, honestly. Can we just... forget my personal issues?"

Jaejoong didn't answer and Dara continued taking a bite off her sandwich. "Honestly, this is really awkward. Imagine, my boss, the client, knows about my personal stuff. Doesn't this make you uncomfortable?"

He smiled. "No. Because I was under the impression that we are talking and eating because we're friends."

Dara looked at him with wide eyes before her expression changed. "Awww.... That's so sweet. Here lemme pinch your cheeks."

Jaejoong chuckled as he evaded Dara's greasy hands from getting to his cheek. Dara was chuckling too as she tried to reach him and Jaejoong grabbed her hand before it can get to his face. His smile gradually fell as he hold Dara's hand, looking at her with seriousness.

"I'll be here for you, you know that right?" Jaejoong said.

Dara's playful smile fell too and she pulled her hand off Jaejoong's hold. "No, I don't seem to know that," she tried to joke.

"You need to stop that too," Jaejoong said softly. "I'm not the best person to go for advise but sometimes it helps when you talk about it."

Dara just swallowed and returned her attention to what she's eating but she already lost the appetite. It's not like she really wanted to eat anyway. She just did it to pass the time. And to forget.

"I gave him what he wants," she found herself saying.

"And that is?"

"Yoona," she answered in a bare whisper.

"Did he tell you that?"

Dara snorted in disbelief. "Like a thousand times."

"But did he told you that? That he wants you to give him Yoona?"

"I'm not an idiot," she said giving Jaejoong a withering look. "He only did the bet and the deal for Yoona."

"So he didn't tell you to give him Yoona?"

"Why do you keep asking that?" Dara asked starting to get irritated.

"Because you have decided what he wants. And how would you know that's what he wants if he didn't tell you?"

Dara glowered at him. Is he an idiot? Or is he making her out like one? She had showed him the bet. Told him about the deal. And they all centered on the fact that Donghae agreed to all of it so he could be closer to Yoona. "He doesn't have to tell me. It's written all over his face. Never mind the fact that he has been really on point on what he wanted to do since we started that stupid deal."

"Sometimes, people's wants change," Jaejoong said.

Dara just drank the last contents of her coke before answering Jaejoong. "And sometimes they don't."

"But how would you know if you didn't ask?"

"I don't need to ask," Dara said crossly.

Jaejoong chuckled softly. "You're as stubborn as him."

"Drop this conversation, okay?" Dara said. "Before I decided being friends with you isn't really worth all the irritation."

"Believe me, I would like nothing better than to drop this," Jaejoong said still smiling. "I don't even know why I want to discuss this." He paused then went on. "No, wait. I do know. I do know that I hate to see you looking all happy and all smiles when your eyes isn't really with it. And I want you to talk to him and ask him if that's really what he wants because I wanted you to move on. Talking to him would give you closure. Closure of your doubts and answers to your questions. You might be hurt but that is the only way you could get over him."

Dara sat gawking at him. It's so eerie how Jaejoong seems to know exactly the things she had thought up yesterday. "You know, sometimes," Dara said. "You really scare me." She didn't even bother to deny what he is saying.

"I'm scaring myself," Jaejoong said quietly. "I never thought I could care about someone so much...." There was a moment of silence between then before he lifted his eyes to meet hers. "I like you, Dara. It's not maybe the best time to say that but I do."

It's weird how perfectly silent their world had become amidst the buzz of chattering voices inside the fast food restaurant. Dara, at most was incredulous, at the turn of the conversation. Is Jaejoong, the business tycoon, one of the hottest bachelor in all of asia, confessing to her? It's so surreal.

"You make me laugh... you make me feel ridiculous... you make me feel things I never thought I would," he continued. "And no, I'm really serious."

Dara had shut her mouth ready to joke it off again. She remembered what he said when he said he should've stayed because she could've fallen inlove with him. Maybe that is true. She almost wished it was true just so she could get out of this impending misery that is waiting for her. She studied Jaejoong's face wondering what it is about her that made someone like him liked her.

A burst of laughter from a nearby table snapped them out of the silent bubble they were in and Jaejoong chuckled softly. "I guess it's not the best place to say that either."

Dara scratched her head suddenly feeling awkward. How can you even continue a conversation like this?

"Are you finished?" Jaejoong said looking at his watch then smiled at her when she nodded. "C'mon,let's go back."

They walked in silence wth Dara giving him furtive glances. He was really handsome. Gorgeous. He doesn't seem like the type to play around. Maybe she could give herself a chance to fall in love with him. Then she realized what she was thinking. What the hell! Who would've thought that Sandara Park would end up tangled in the weird mysteries of love and relationship? This is so like Suzy.She's beginning to be like Suzy! Next thing she know, she would be wearing those death traps of a heels and those flowing, colorful dresses with her hair in barrettes or ribbons. She shuddered.

She whirled her head at Jaejoong when she heard him laughing.

"Don't think too much on it," Jaejoong said after he saw the contorted face of Dara while they were walking.

"Don't think too much on what?" She asked rather sharply.

"What I said," Jaejoong said. "I just needed to get it out. Telling you seems the best idea. Besides, I don't want you thinking how weird it is that I'm constantly around you."

"No, I don't think it's weird at all," Dara said. "I'm thinking it's great to be a boss when you can have all the number of employees to order around so you can have time to be bored and loiter in the writer's department."

Jaejoong just chuckled and Dara grinned, glad that all the akwardness is now slipping off and her wit is creeping back on her.

"I'm only trying to help avert your intense irritation with Kraz. I figured you could use the distraction," Jaejoong said.

"You knew I hate Kraz?" She asked in surprise.

Jaejoong looked at her as if she was crazy. "It's not like you're keeping it a secret. In fact, you seems to be very obvious about it."

"Hah," Dara said thoughtfully. "And here I thought I was good in stealth mode."

They were chuckling as they neared the CSW building but stopped short when they saw Donghae, getting out of his car near the front entrance. Dara felt all the things she had tried to suppress erupt in her like a button being pushed. Every movement of his is so familiar to her it ached. She didn't know how much he had suddenly became a part of her life that she doesn't know how long she could actually get over him. She watched as Donghae pushed his hair back, sort of in an agitated gesture, before closing the door of his car. He glanced in their direction on his way to the entrance then stopped and looked back at them again like realizing it was them.

They stood across from each other, Donghae suddenly clenching his jaw as he looked from Dara to Jaejoong and back again.

"I'm gonna go back up," Jaejoong said softly before taking a stride towards the sliding door. He turned his head to look at them again, standing in calculating silence, both of them rigid and frozen. This is what Dara probably needs to let go. And if it is, then he's willing to give it. He cast his eyes down and sighed heavily before entering the building.

RlSFNVX=,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110 4 21
In this transformative last year of school, new kinds of feelings are invading the landscape of Sooho's heart. The new girl and Sooho bicker and spen...
78.6K 1.6K 31
Kwon Jiyong is a rich and very successful businessman. He only focus on working, buying up the broken business and selling them again. He's stuck in...
700 18 22
Jiyong and Hyunjin have known that they were soulmates since high school but things just couldn't work out between them. He deserted her. They meet a...
19.1K 309 8
A Sequel or should I say, Part II of my One-Shot entitled Invisible Man. So, here you go... Sandara Park, called as Dara by some of her close fr...