A Pittsburgh Penguins Love St...

Mal8787 tarafından

Malana is a regular college student. She and her three best friends are having the time of there lives living... Daha Fazla

A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 2
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story Characters
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 3
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 4
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 5
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 6
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 7
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 8
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 9
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 10
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 11
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 12
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 14
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 15
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 16
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 17
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 18
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 19
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 20
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 21
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 22
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 23
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 24
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 26
A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 27
Author's Note

A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 25

1.5K 10 7
Mal8787 tarafından

"Mal.. Mal... MALANA ADDISON!!!" I groggily opened my eyes. Sidney was standing beside the bed tugging his pants on. It was July 1st, hardly, being it was 4 in the morning, and we were flying to Nova Scotia in four hours. After explaining everything to Sidney the day after the wedding, thankfully everything was going back to normal. If anything Sid and I are closer now that the walls are completely down. To say I was scared to tell him is an understatement. No one knew about any part of that. I'd never tell anyone as much as I told Sid. He knew me through and through. Thankfully, he didn't look at me differently because of it, which was the biggest fear. I'm glad Sidney can look past my family situation. 

As I crawled out of the bed toward the bathroom I once again questioned why I let Sid buy tickets for July 1st. He seemed to think being on an airplane would help us to keep calm as his friends signed contracts that could potentially have them moving cross country and never letting us see them for months. Calming my ass, I was freaking out. Hell, Talbo could sign with Vancuver like he wants and I won't even know for hours cause I'll be on a plane! I was already up half the night checking my phone for updates if they resigned some guys. The fact that guys like TK, Rupper, and.. Talbo didn't have a contract worried me. Talbo being my least hopeful. He'd already discussed it with Sid, and as much as Sidney hated to admit it he though it made sense for them to leave. I couldn't voice my argument once he explained his main reasoning-he has a baby and a wife to worry about, he can't sign an only three year contract. 

On the note of his wife, the news was out. Everyone in the hockey world knew about Talbot getting married The baby news, at least for now, is still under raps, but Maxy announced the wife news in an interview with the Trib. Pictures of his new wife were surfacing everywhere. Pictures of the wedding were being posted online. I was shocked when the media swarm left the wedding topic for a new one-me. Pictures of Sid and I dancing or kissing were showing up everywhere. Sid's agent was getting calls from hockey magazines asking for my name so they could do a spread. ESPN made it one of their top 10 stories one morning. At one point a fuzzy picture of us dancing made the front page of a gossip magazine. Every where we went pictures were being taken. I was thankful to be leaving for Canada to leave all of the madness behind. 

I hurriedly got dressed and walked out of the bathroom. I'd been dressing pretty inconspicuously lately to avoid drawing attention to myself. I grabbed my aviators and put them on my head. Wearing sunglasses at five in the morning might be a little weird but at least there's a better chance of no one recognizing me. ( http://www.polyvore.com/return_to_nova_scotia/set?id=33366400 ) Taking once last look around the room to make sure everything was off and we didn't forget anything, I grabbed my carry on and turned off the light. I walked down the hall checking every room that they were ready for us to be gone a couple months. I started down the steps only to get caught up in my heels and go rolling down the entire flight. I laid on the ground for a minute laughing at myself before I got to my feet. I looked over to the doorway to see Sid leaning against it with an eyebrow raised and a slight smirk. 

"Walk much?"

"I don't wanna talk about it," I said brushing past him on my way to finishing the rooms check. 

When I was finally finished we left the house. The airport is only 18 minutes away from our house, so we arrived easily. Once through security and baggage I dragged Sidney to one of my favorite things in the world. Little known fact about me-I am a Starbucks addict. I have a serious problem. White chocolate mocha's are my heroine. 

I order my Venti White Chocolate Mocha Hot and coffee cake, while Sidney orders a medium black coffee and 'that bread loaf thing with the chocolate inside?' I translated chocolate croissant to the poor worker and rolled my eyes towards my boyfriend, indicating that he's not very good with modern ordering. The barista chuckled at my knowledge and Sidney's, well, non-knowledge. We picked up our order and walked over to sit down at one of the tables outside of Mickey D's. It was times like these I was thankful Pittsburgh airport was small and not very busy during the morning or late at night. Sidney was obviously enjoying his 'loaf of bread' as I watched him. It was moments like this that I couldn't understand but I was struck with the love I felt for him. At random times like these in the back of my mind all I could think is 'I love him.' He was weird, he was adorable, he was perfect. 

"What are you thinking about?" he said breaking me away from my day dreaming. I blushed and looked down. "Malaaaannnaa teeeelll mee."

"You," I answer glancing up through my eye lashes. He smiled and tilted my head up. 

"What about me?" he smirked.

"That you... have chocolate on your face," I smirked back. He rolled his eyes and whipped it off, getting up from the table. He threw the trash away and came back holding out a hand. I took it getting up. We walked through the airport and we both started to notice more and more people glancing over towards us. I looked down trying to cover my face a little more. Even still more and more people stopped and looked in our direction. It just occurred to me how the airport was filling up. 

"You've noticed the people staring right?" He nodded as his hand let go of mine and snaked around my waist pulling me closer just in case. Seemingly out of nowhere camera's were flashing. As we continued walking someone walked up beside me with a tape recorder. 

"What's it like to be dating Sidney Crosby? How did you two meet? How long have you been dating?" I glanced at Sid and he took over for me. 

"We've been dating for six months and we meet… through friends." Which was true we meet because of our friends. 

"Wedding bells in the near future?"

Sidney chuckled looking around awkwardly, "No wedding is planned at this point, no."

The reporter turned back to me-"What's the real Sidney Crosby like?"

I turned to Sid to see if I should answer. He shrugged letting me decide. 

"Um, he's normal... He's outgoing, and fun."

"Are you two in love?"

I glanced at Sid as he glanced back at me. His eyes melted as he smiled, "Ya, we are." I looked down smiling and blushing with butterflies in my stomach. He started pulling me away, "We have a plane to catch now, but nice speaking with you."

"Sid, that's gonna be everywhere tomorrow!" I whisper-yelled as we walked away. 

"I know," he said completely sure of himself. He stopped at the terminal standing in front of me waiting for me to look up at him. When I finally did he continued, "I'm not afraid of everyone knowing I love you." 

I looked into his eyes, "I love you to, Sidney."

Finally we were called to board the plane. Sidney ran ahead taking the window seat like a child. 

"Sid, we're in the first class section for a plane to Nova Scotia. There's gonna be more than one window seat open." Which I was right about. There were only about six people in the section that holds about twenty. Instead of acting like a child back though, I sat beside him. In all honesty it was only because he was by far a comfier pillow than the ones the airplane provided. I laid my head on his chest and feel quickly asleep.

--

We had finally arrived at Halifax Stanfield Airport. We walked to baggage claim as I checked my phone. From all the texts I had received I assumed something big had gone down. I read the first from Mel because it was marked high priority. 

"Have Sidney call Max as soon as you land," the next words hit me like almost nothing had before-"We signed with Philly." I gasped and stared at the message. Sidney gave me an odd look and tried to read it. I turned my phone away and went to my contacts. Clicking Superstar (in all aspects of life;), which Talbo had put in himself, I handed the phone to Sid. He looked confused but took the ringing phone anyway. 

"Hello?" Sid asked.

Because I have my phone to full volume I could easily hear Talbo.

"I'm so sorry Sid."

"Why?" The confusion was showing full force on his face. 

"I signed five years with.. someone else." he answered. It was obvious by his tone he was unwilling to say who he had signed with. 

Sid obviously did not pick up on this, "Good for you man. Who's the lucky team?" There was a pause. A deep breath and another pause, "Max?"

"Flyers." Sid's face remained confused for a few seconds before it seemed to register. Then he went to shock.

By the time he responded his face showed both shock and hurt, "The Flyers." Not a question, a statement. Something for him to wrap his head around. Saying something out loud always makes it real- and this was real. Maxime Talbot, 8th round draft pick by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Penguins Stanley Cup champion, the guy who scored two of the biggest goals in Pens history, a man who was known to be one of the most charitable players in Pittsburgh, someone who has given so much to the city, is a Philadelphia Flyer for the next five years. Two of my best friends are moving across state to become a part of an organization that hates my boyfriend, an organization that it was ingrained in me to hate. If there was one team I was afraid of for the life of the guy I loved it was the Philadelphia Flyers, and one of his best friends just joined them. 

I wouldn't see my best friend's baby grow up. I wouldn't be able to drive over to her house just because. She was hours away. 

"I.. It was the best fit for me Sid."

"I.. I understand Talbo.. Just let me call you back later… I just- I need some time to think about all of this… This is big."

"I know man. I know."

"I'll call you when we get settle into our house?"

"Please do."

We walked towards baggage as I checked the rest of my messages. I didn't want to read them but I couldn't find out from some reporter or something if they show up. I read through everything. I was happy to see TK was signed, if the news about Talbo hadn't just come I'd be doing a victory dance, but now it seemed inappropriate, and I couldn't gain up enough energy to do it with his decision weighing me down. Another shock hit me as I read a text from Rupper. I bit my lip shaking my head. Who would have thought it would be this hard? As a fan it was hard, as a friend to these guys it was agonizing. 

"I know you don't want to hear this but you have to know sooner or later-Mike signed with the Rangers." 

My only respond was a look into space and a shake of the head. I squeezed his hand in understanding. We grabbed our bags and walked to the parking lot in silence. Sidney's parents awaited us again. We all hugged and whispered our hellos. Obviously they had gotten the news and understood our thoughts. The ride was silent except for the quiet conversation Sidney's parents had in the front. Sidney and I both stared out our separate windows thinking things over. Halfway through the ride Sidney's hand found mine as he squeezed it without saying anything.

Troy and Trina dropped us off as we made our way inside in silence. 

"This sucks," finally Sidney broke the silence.

"Ya. It really does."

"It's for best though. If they're happy, I'm happy ya know?"

"You're right. I wish it wasn't Philly but," I shrugged, "if that was what's best for them than that's what's for the best."

"Plus they don't get any closer."

"You're right."

"Go get your clothes unpacked while I call Talbo."

"Ok," I smiled. Sidney was only worried about his friend instead of his own feelings. "I love you Sid."

"I love you Mal."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

46.8K 821 17
After her breakup with Brooks, Daphne decides that she isn't going to let boys run her life. She's determined to focus on school and not worry about...
8.1K 174 38
With her nose in books and his brawn getting him nowhere on or off the ice, they find themselves drawn together, sharing their baggage and behaving b...
240K 9.5K 54
Book 2 of 3 Highly recommend you read book 1 first. Tanner 'T.J.' Levine has it all- looks, money, fame, and skill on the ice. His natural talent go...
222K 2.8K 36
When Brooke Lemieux started her new Job as the Physical Therapist for the Pittsburgh Penguins, an NHL hockey Team, she would have never guessed that...