Serendipity Next Door (SND Se...

By x_LavenderHoney_x

The apartment next door to Brooke Walters' was empty for the last 4 years since she moved in. She would stand... More

Summary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
New Series: Serendipity Next Door
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 17

5.4K 178 41
By x_LavenderHoney_x

After Amber left, I took a nice, long shower. When I finish getting dressed, I head into the living room to cuddle up with Charlie, and watch some Netflix. That is until my phone starts ringing. I pick it up and see that it's my mom calling. I wonder what she wants? She doesn't usually call me out of the blue. When she does call me, it's because she wants something from me.

I accept the call and press the phone against my ear. "Hello?"

My mom's bouncy voice fills my ear. "Hi sweetie. How are you?"

"Good. I've been busy with work lately."

"Oh well that's not good. I'm glad I called you." She replies.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. What does she mean 'I'm glad that I called you'? She obviously wants something.

I cut straight to the point. "Mom, I know you called for something. What is it?"

The other end of the phone is filled with laughter and cheering. Sounds like someone's having a good time.

"Shoot. You got me." My mom laughs. I don't reply because I know she has something else to say. "I was just letting you know that I have invited you and that Kevin fella to the Bahamas for our family vacation.

I just stare ahead. I don't say anything. The name 'Kevin' echoes through my mind. It feels like it's been years since I've heard that name. The girls have mentioned his name before, but hearing my mom say it brings a funny feeling in my stomach.

Plus the thought of going to the Bahamas with him makes the whole situation even more weird.

"Brooke, honey, are you there?" My mom asks worriedly.

"Y-Yeah." My voice sounds raspy. I clear my throat and continue my sentence. "I'm here."

"Whew, I thought we got disconnected. So are you guys coming?"

I run my hand through my hair as I bite my lip. I'm about to tell her about our break up, but she interrupts me. "I'll take that silence as a yes. I can't wait to see you guys. Believe me, the Bahamas is such a beautiful and romantic place. I hope you have your passports ready because I already sent in your tickets."

My eyes widen and I try to correct her. "Mom, wait. You-"

The sound of the dial tone makes me stop. I blink in surprise. What just happened? She didn't even let me finish my sentence.

I put my head in my hands and stare down at the floor. I take a deep breath. I have two choices. I can either call my mom and explain to her that Kevin and I are over, or I can call Kevin and explain to him that my mom sent us plane tickets for the Bahamas and that he needs to go.

I hesitantly pick up my phone and start dialing a number. I can't believe I'm doing this.

~

I pack most of my summer clothes and some of my fall clothes. The summer clothes is for the Bahamas since it's warm throughout the year and the fall clothes is for when I come back to cold New York.

I zip up my duffel back and look down. Charlie is looking up at me with his ears down. My heart aches at the little puppy dog face he's giving me. I'm so close to unpacking my things and stay here with him. But I don't want to let my mom down since she's expecting me.

My phone buzzes beside me. I look down and see that I have a text. I'm downstairs. Is all it says.

I start to break out in a sweat. Which is weird because it's not even hot in my apartment. It's actually the exact opposite.

I ended up calling Kevin because I was too chicken to call my mom back. I told Kevin about the trip and, surprisingly, he agreed. I feel so lame. I haven't talked to him in a month and I called him for something that I want. Which is uncool.

I pick up my purse and bag. I rub Charlie's head, and kiss it. I wave goodbye to Sophia, who's taking care of Charlie while I'm gone. I walk out of my apartment and make my way towards the elevators.

I step in when the doors open, and press the main floor button. I nervously pick at my nails as the elevator makes it's way down.

I wonder what Kevin looks like. It's been a while since I've seen him. He probably has a new hairstyle or a beard. I imagine Kevin in a beard, and it makes my body tingle a little.

When the doors open, I take a couple of deep breaths before stepping out. I look around for Kevin and see him sitting on one of the couches in the lobby, watching a football game.

I was right about the hairstyle and beard. Kevin's hair looks a little longer than before, and instead of it up in a quiff, it's in a fringe and it looks curly. Which, I shall say, is an extremely sexy look.

I walk confidently up to him and tap his shoulder shyly. Kevin looks away from the game, and towards me. When he sees me, his face lights up. He stands up and holds his arms out for a hug. Usually I would run into them and hug him, but I'm not up for it right now. I hold out my hand and shake my head.

"S-Sorry. I don't think I'm ready to hug you yet." I whisper. Kevin's face turn into shock as he looks at me. His arms fall limply to his side. I feel like I'm making this awkward, so I hold my hand out. "But I am ready to shake your hand at least."

He slowly places his hand in my outstretched one and we start to shake. I about to pull my hand away, but he squeezes it in a nostalgic way. He used to squeeze my hand when I was nervous about something or he was just showing his affection to me.

I feel my face heat up and turn away from him. I'm about to roll my luggage out of the doors, but Kevin takes it instead. "I got it." he murmurs in a deep sexy way. My insides tingle, but I ignore it.

We walk out the door, and I see Miles standing by the limo. It's been a while since I've rode in it. I give Miles a small smile as a thank you as he opens the door. I climb inside and sit by the window. I don't bother looking at Kevin to see what he is doing with my luggage. All I do is watch taxis and cars speed by us.

When the door closes, I still don't look over at him. I feel Kevin's presence beside me. I start to sweat with nervousness.

I'm about to lay my head on the car window and close my eyes for a bit, but Kevin stops me by taking my chin into his hand gently. I tense up and shake his hand off. I scoot closer to the window while glaring at him.

Kevin sighs, and presses a button in front of us. I watch as a partition rolls up, separating us from Miles. My body is full on rigid. I am alone with Kevin, and lord knows how long it's been since that happened.

"Brooke, listen to me please. I've been trying to explain to you what happened, but you ignored me." Kevin pleads looking into my eyes. I feel like his dark brown eyes are looking into my soul as he looks at me deeply.

Right now I don't want to hear his excuse. But Amber's words from the other night floats into my mind. It might be hard for you to do that after what he did to you, but it could also make you feel better by telling him how you feel. Holding back your feelings will never fix anything. Instead it's going to make the situation even worse.

"Go ahead. You have one minute to explain." I sigh.

Kevin sighs in relief and starts talking. "I was outside smoking, minding my business, until Ariel walked up. We greeted each other and then she just started talking about her getting an acting job for a movie. I congratulated her, telling her that I was proud of her. She must have token it the wrong way because out of nowhere, she started saying that she had loved me since she first laid eyes on me. I swear on my life that I told her that I have you, and she started saying things like she was better than you and all that other bullshit. I disagreed with her and I was about to walk away from her, but she grabbed my arm and started leaning in. I tried to push her away but she was gripping on to me too tight. When I saw you, I tried to explain to you all this, but you had ran away. But believe me, after you left, I told Ariel to not call me nor text me because she hurt someone that's really important to me"

Kevin takes a deep breath and looks at me with a pleading look. I look into his face and see that he has a true sincere look on his face. He's telling the truth. Trust and believe me, I can tell when Kevin is being fake or lying.

Since he's telling the truth, I might as well to. It's going to be tough for me to say it, but I think he needs to know how I feel about him.

"Kevin, I love you." I whisper. I avert my eyes away from him and to the expensive leather seats. "I have been loving you for so long, but I've been afraid to tell you. Afraid because I kept thinking that you were going to freak out and leave me. Even when I ran away from you that night, I still had feelings. Strong feelings at that. I tried so hard to ignore them. I couldn't because I know deep down that those feelings won't go away until I tell you."

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest. I can feel the tears, that I had felt watering up in my eyes, trail down my cheeks. I wait patiently for Kevin to say something, but he doesn't. I look up cautiously and see that he has a small smile on his face.

"I love you too, Brooke. With all my life." Kevin murmurs. He puts his hand on my cheek and caresses it gently.

The gentle touch makes me cuddle up into his hand. I know I should pull away, but I can't bring myself to do that, because I love. With all my heart and soul.

I push myself off the window and let him pull my in a hug. The warmth of his arms makes me feel nostalgic. A good nostalgic.

We spend the rest of the ride to the airport in each others arms, making up for our time away.

~

We will be landing in the Bahamas shortly. Please buckle your seat belts and prepare for landing." The intercom rings through the tight space of the airplane.

I put the book that I've been reading recently in my lap, and buckle my seat belt. I look over at Kevin and see that he's snoring lightly. I try to stop myself from smiling, but it doesn't work. He looks so cute when he's peaceful like this.

I gently shake his shoulder, and whisper in his ear, "Wake up sleepyhead. We're about to land and you need to buckle up."

Kevin hums as he opens his eyes slowly. He furrows his eyebrows as he puts his seat belt on. I lean back in my seat, and look out the window.

The white sandy beaches of the Bahamas comes into view. Wow, it looks even better in person. I've seen pictures, but they have never looked this beautiful.

"I'm guessing that you have never been to the Bahamas before." Kevin says beside me.

I look over at him and see that he's stretching his arms above his head. I shake my head, "No, I always wanted to, but I never gotten the chance. Have you been here before?" I ask him.

Kevin nods. "A few times. First time was when I was about 13 or 14. The second time was when I had a photo shoot, and the last time I was here was on my birthday."

Speaking of birthday, Kevin has never told me when his was. All he told me was his age. "When's your birthday?" I ask.

Kevin blinks at me and says slowly, "April 23. Why?"

"Just wondering, because you never told me it. All you told me was your age." I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly.

Kevin nods his head in understanding and asks, "What about yours?"

"November 15."

Kevin hums in acknowledgement and doesn't say anything else.

The plane lands and the pilot tells us to enjoy our stay. I get up from my seat and stretch. I've been sitting down for three hours, and my bones are aching right now.

I get my stuff from the cubby above us. It took some help from Kevin to get my bag to fit in.

We get off the plane together, and the heat of the Bahamas hits me in full force. I start to sweat under my fall clothes. Maybe I should have worn my summer clothes instead. But if I did, I would be freezing in New York. Stupid temperature differences.

Kevin and I walk inside the airport, and thank god for air conditioning, because I start to cool down a little.

"My mom told me that the hotel were at is going to send a car for us." I tell him as we head to security check.

We go through the security check, and make our way through the huge crowds in the airport. As I try to make my way through, I get shoved, hit, and kicked. 

We finally get out of the stuffy airport and to the warm air. I wipe the sweat that is collecting on my forehead. I look around the parking lot for the hotel car. 

I'm scrolling the the different cars, until I see a man holding a sign that has 'BROOKLYN AND KEVIN'. I feel my cheeks heat up from not only the heat, but my full name. Leave it to mom to tell someone my full name and not my nickname. 

"Is your full name Brooklyn?" Kevin asks from behind me. I turn around and see that he has a smirk on his face. 

I feel my cheeks get even more hotter. I was hoping he wouldn't notice. I look down at the ground and slowly nod my head. The sound of Kevin's laughter makes me want to crawl in a ditch. 

"I-I'm sorry baby. It's a beautiful name." Kevin says between laughs. He pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head. 

I roll my eyes at him and get out of his arms. I walk towards the guy with the sign, leaving Kevin behind. The gravel crunches under my feet as I walk in the street. 

I give the guy a smile and tell him my name. He smiles back and gestures for my bags. I hand it to him and get in the car. I scoot over to make room for Kevin. 

When Kevin gets in he takes my hand, interlocks our fingers, and pulls me in his lap. I yelp at the sudden movement. 

"Are you mad at me?" He asks. He runs his fingers through my hair, scratching at my scalp gently. 

I sigh and close my eyes. He knows this is my weakness. It's why he's doing it. Kevin grins and leans up. He attaches his lips to my neck. I close my lips tightly to stop the moan that I feel building up.

I try to push him away when I hear the driver open the door. Kevin stops me by gripping onto my waist tightly. "Kevin, the driver is here." I whisper to him as I try to pull away from him again, but he still doesn't budge.

I turn my head around, and see that the driver is paying us no mind as he drives away from the airport parking lot. 

Kevin doesn't stop kissing my neck as continues making his down, until he's at my collarbones. He sucks on them got a minute and finally looks up. The jerk has a nerve to have a smug look. He looks like a little kid who's done something bad, but doesn't feel sorry about it. 

"You should see your face. It as red as a tomato." Kevin grins.

I look down at my lap in embarrassment. I realize that Kevin has removed his hand from my hair, and instead placed it on the back on my neck. 

Kevin stares into my eyes and pulls me closer to him. I close my eyes on instinct as I wait for the gentle press of his lips on mine. When our lips touch, I forget everything. It feels like it's been forever since I've felt the soft feel of his lips. 

I sigh into the kiss. I'm about to open my mouth to feel his tongue against mine, but Kevin pulls away. I can't help the whimper that escapes me. Once I realize what I done, I feel my cheeks get even more hotter from not just the heat, but from embarrassment. I turn around to look at the limo driver. He is looking straight ahead at the road while humming to the music that's playing softly in the background. Good he didn't hear me. I sigh in relief, and lay my head on Kevin's shoulder. 

"Someone has missed my kisses." Kevin murmurs into my ear. I'm about to respond, until he pulls my earlobe into his mouth and sucks on it gently. 

My lady part tingles as the erotic action. I bite my lip so hard that I can taste the blood. 

Kevin lets go of my earlobe and whispers, "You look like your struggling. Need some help...down there?"

I'm about to beg for him to touch me, but he picks me up from his lap, and places me beside him. What was that? I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and glare at him. Kevin smiles at me innocently, and pats my thigh. "Soon baby, but not right now." 

I sigh in frustration. He's always teasing me. Usually I find it extremely sexy, but right now I'm sexually frustrated. I have not been touched in a month and after his, very inappropriate, touches, the want to be touched has increased. 

Kevin tries to talk to me, but I just grunt at him. I'm so upset with his teasing, that I have no words. I know I'm being childish, but it's true. 

We spend the rest of the ride to the hotel with Kevin cooing at me, and me pouting.

~

A/N: The ship has been rebuilt! I know they spent a chapter away from each other, but hey, I couldn't stand my babies not being together. It was already tough for me to write the gala part. 

I have realized that I have not written a POV for Kevin, and I apologize for that. In the upcoming books, I will write both the male and female point of view. Plus, there are five chapters left and the epilogue, and I don't want to say goodbye to this adorable couple, but don't worry, they will be in the next books so I'm excited about that. 

I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I will see you in chapter 18! :))

-Lisa ♥

*P.S. Editing will be coming after the book is finished, so please ignore the errors you will see.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 5.2K 40
It's Kayla's first year away at college. She could barely afford to go to college let alone find somewhere to live. The cheapest thing she could find...
144K 3.5K 36
Daniel Garrett is hopelessly in love with Heather Lockhart, the co-captain of the cheerleading team. Before senior year ends and college starts, Dani...
69.3K 1.9K 17
What happens when two worlds collide? What happens when the bad boy might be the only one that's able to fix the broken girl? What happens when the...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

313K 7.9K 114
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...