Safe

By idkbree

Rae, the daughter of a lawyer, has always helped her father with cases, but not one quite like this. Aiden, a... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
Epilogue
New Story

chapter 10

50.7K 1K 101
By idkbree

It's been five days. Five days since I saw Harry. I didn't want to ignore him, and cut him out. But I couldn't bring myself to talk to him about what Aiden said. I was hoping what he said was false, and he only said that to mess with me.

Ever since then, I've felt different. It feels different being away from Harry. I've only known him for about a week, but we got really close that one day when we talked on his sofa for what seemed to be endless. I felt like I knew him better. I figured out his dislikes, his interest and his some of his odd habits. The time we spent together, and everything he told me, it's like a string attached to my heart. One string for each new thing I learned about him. And now, being away from Harry, those strings are tugging at my heart.

I'm not sure how long I've been my room. I've ignored most calls, and the persistence of my father begging me to come out. I wasn't crying, I wasn't upset, but staring at my white wall seemed to be what was best at the moment. It settled some thoughts, and ridded me of my cluttered mind. It was then when I heard a little knock at my door.

"Rae? Can I come in?" My dad quietly asked.

"Mhm." I hummed.

I was sat on middle of my bed, back to the hardboard, legs tucked underneath me, and eyes locked to the wall in front; not looking once at my dad.

"Rae, I mean this in the nicest way, but you look like a madman." He somewhat chucked.

I smiled tugged at my lips in his attempt to cheer me up, or to insult me. Either way, I ended up letting a small chuckle fall from my lips.

"Thanks," I reply smile.

"There's my Rae," He leaned forward lightly pinching my cheek between his thumb and forefinger. "Now how about you come downstairs for some food?"

"As long as you get your fingers off my face, and you order take-away." I told him, as my mood became happier.

"Fine, as long as you get out of this room, you can have whatever you want." He smiled, squeezing my cheek one last time before getting and walking away.

I got up to go downstairs to my awaiting father. I caught a glimpse of myself in my mirror, I didn't look well. My skin now paler from the lack of light, and my facial features more predominate from not eating the right nutrients for the past five days. I huffed before descending down the flight of stairs.

"What did you order, dad?" I asked taking seat on the stool.

"Just some pizza." He shrugged.

"You ordered it the way I like it, right?"

"Yes I did. Half the pie, pineapple, ham, ground beef, and peppers, just how you like it. And the other half with just cheese, how I like it." He winked.

"You're the best." I smiled.

The doorbell rang, echoing through the house.

"Anything for my weird taste in food, daughter." He walked toward the door to answer, but not before he ruffled my hair with fingers.

"Hey! It's a completely normal order!" I exclaimed.

He only laughed at my comment, retrieving his wallet and opening the door. He was handed the box in return the pizza boy received his money.

"Bon appetite." My father said in a fake French accent whilst kissing his finger tips and dramatically pulling away.

"You're something else," I laughed.

"I'm your father, I'm not supposed to be normal. My main job is to embarrass you. And by the tint in your cheeks, I say I'm doing my job fairly well." He smiled to me.

"You are. I couldn't ask for a better dad. Besides, I get to experience your job with you everyday, and I love it."

"Thank you. About that, are you coming for the first trial tomorrow? You'd have to stay in the stands, but I could use your help." He said.

"Wouldn't miss your biggest case for the world, dad." I hugged him.

***

Harry's POV

Maybe I scared her off. Moved too quick. Or shared too much of my past. I'm not sure what I did, but Rae hasn't been back here in five days.

I've actually missed her. Missed the way her nose scrounges up when I tell her about some of the stories in my past that involved gruesome scenes. I miss the uncontrollable laugh she produces when she can't get over how incredibly stupid my jokes were. Maybe I missed her a little too much for my liking. We've only met weeks ago, and yet I feel like she's been here all along; through my whole journey. She has this way about her, where you feel like you've known her your whole life.

I was snapped out of my daydream by knock on my door. I swiftly get up, picking up a clean shirt on the way out of my bedroom. Putting it on and fixing hair before opening the door to find my lawyer, Jack.

"Oh hey, Jack." I said.

Jack ignore my greeting and walked straight past me. He went into the living area, searching for the remote, when he found it, he turned it to a local news station. An over dressed women, with cosmetics plastered on her face appeared on the screen.

"Tomorrow is the day the murder trial of Harry Styles and Aiden Williams. Earlier this week we got a few comments on the trial from both sides." The middle aged woman went on.

"Jack, I know the trial is tomorrow, why are you showing me this?" I questioned. Jack kept his eyes on the screen, and brought his finger to his mouth, signalling me to be quiet. I obeyed and waited for the woman to come back on the screen again.

"Samuel Clarke, has had nothing to say about the case. He's kept to himself for the past couple of weeks, is he afraid he'll slip out the wrong words? Or is he focused on the case ahead?" She asked. "Why don't we see what his daughter has to say about this whole ordeal."

My eyes widened, as Rae's rushing figure came onto the TV.

"Rae? What's your dad doing? Where is he?" The reporter asked whilst shoving the camera in her face.

"He's working on winning, and he's at home currently waiting for me to arrive for dinner. Now if you excuse me, I have somewhere to be." Rae pushed through the crowd of people, obviously sick of the reporters around her. The clip seemed to be a few weeks old, taken before we had met.

Jack paused the TV, looking back at me with a stern look.

"What is this shit, Harry?" He immediately got to the point.

"I-" I didn't get to finished my sentence, Jack cutting me off.

"What have you told her?" He started to become angrier as I dragged out my answer.

"Nothing. I've told her nothing. Except for non-important things." I gushed.

"So you knew?" He asked.

"Yes," I honestly told him.

"Harry, what've you done? She could be telling that arse of a Clarke anything! Do you not even think?" I angrily yelled.

"Jack, I know she won't say anything. She won't." When I said the second part, it was for my reassurance. I knew she wouldn't, but she also hasn't seen me in days. Maybe she did get everything she needed to run off and tell her father.

"Harry, you stay away from that girl. She's a Clarke. You know better then to go near the enemy." He scolded me.

I couldn't put up a fight against Jack's words. Maybe she did use me. She is the daughter of a lawyer, she knows how to play her words. To think I actually thought she would keep them to herself.

"Yeah, I get it." I defeatedly told him.

"Good, now get some rest. You have big day tomorrow. You need the rest to be able to win." Jack patted me on the shoulder and left my flat.

He left me with nothing but regret. Regret that I even welcomed Rae into that part of my life. That I fell for her tricks.

***

Rae's POV

"Dad, I'm going over to go see Grace and check up on her. She's still feeling ill, and I want to make her some of my homemade soup." I told my dad, as I pulled on my jacket and tied my shoes.

"Sure, Darling. Just don't stay out too late. Big day for both of us tomorrow." He hollered back since I was almost out the door.

I wasn't going to see Grace. She's completely healthy. I just needed an excuse to go see Harry. I haven't been over and the least I could do was wish him luck. Even after he tried to use me.

A few more minutes of walking after I got off the bus, I arrived to Harry's place. All lights were out, which is strange. It was only a few minutes ago that the night sky had taken over the once shinning clouds. There wasn't a glare of the TV's bright light through the window. Nothing but darkness.

I hesitantly made my way to the door, knocking a few times and stepping back to peer around. There were a few bustles of the bolts being unhooked and unlocked. To my surprise, Harry opened the door, completely shirtless.

"What are you doing here?" He harshly asked.

"I-I well I came to wish you good luck." I stuttered, quickly becoming frightened by the angry express on his face. "Are you alright, Harry?"

"I don't need your luck. Not like I could win anyway." He bit back.

"Why is that?" I questioned.

"Well, by the looks of it, you got everything out of me those two days, then leaving to tell your dad everything, and never come back to see me." Anger clear in his voice.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

He moved to the side, his left hand holding the upper part of the door. I ducked under his arm, and made my way into his home.

"Harry, I would never." I said.

"Don't lie to me. I'm sick of being lied too." He came closer, his head looking down on mine.

"I'm not lying, Harry. I came back because I thought you were lying to me. Aiden said all these things, a-and they seemed so true." I barely whispered the last few words.

"Oh, so you're going to listen to that arse now? And I thought you were going to stay away from him." His voice became louder.

I slowly backed up away from him, but it was no use. He backed me into the wall, his long arms on either side off my head.

"H-He came to me, I was walking and he came to me."

"So you believed him?" He angrily fought back.

"I didn't want to. But Harry, even if you did all the things he said you did, I still wouldn't have told my father. That is your private information, and I respect that." I weakly smiled.

"You're making this very hard to be mad at you," He stated.

"Then don't be." I smiled.

I put my hand on his cheek. His hands that were by my head, now rested on his forearms leant on the wall. My thumb traced across his cheek, taking in his beautiful features. His forehead now resting on mine.

"I'm not supposed to be doing this." He said.

"This won't matter when you win tomorrow. So we might as well continue." I teased.

I watched as Harry toyed with the ends on my hair. He was holding something back.

"Tell me?" I quietly pleaded.

"Rae.."

"Please?" I asked.

Harry composed himself. Shifting on the other arm, straightening his pose. His hand taking my hip and pulling me toward him.

"What did Aiden say to you?" His raspy voice came to a whisper.

I didn't know how to answer his question. He waited for me to answer, his thumb lightly rubbing small circles on my hip, for encouragement.

"T-That you lied...you killed that man. He said you are a monster, and you'll never change." I barely whispered.

Harry grimaced at my words. The large span of his hand tightening on my hip as I spoke each word. His head hung low, not saying anything.

"You're not a monster, Harry."

"I am." He shook his head in disgust.

I couldn't help to feel sorry for him. Everyone in his life has only seen him as this monster he claimed to be. Not the boy I spent the day with laughing. He still possessed that frightening demeanour, but now I know he has another side to him. One that's playful, and happy.

"You're not. I saw you five days ago. The real you. You're not a monster, just misunderstood." I lightly smiled.

Harry didn't reply to my words. He only moved my head with his own, lightly planting his soft lips on my neck. He hummed in approval as I tilted my head back, granting him more access. Harry softly caressed my neck, his long fingers moving from my waist to my upper arm. I gave into his tugging, letting him pull me closer to his body. His feathery kisses made their way up my neck to my cheek. Pecking my heated skin. He spoke again in hot breathes.

"You're something else, Rae."

He looked into my eyes with his bright green ones, waiting for a reply. I seemly smiled at his comment. My hand found his own, fingers intertwining with his. My free hand fisted his curls making him release a throaty moan. I bit my lower lip, watching him fall apart by the simple grip of his hair. I enticed him closer, pulling him into a kiss. Harry didn't wait to deepen the kiss, his tongue begging for entrance; which I granted.

I pulled away looking at him again, his once bright green eyes now filled with lust.

"No. You're something I need." His raspy voice corrected.

-------------- 

ps, we LOVE it when you guys comment, and give us feedback! it makes us want to write more :)

please vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 250 26
Just to let you know, I'm terrible at descriptions. :((( Aiden Woods has been living alone with his abusive, alcoholic, father since the day his moth...
743 88 21
Love is dangerous. That's why they call it love, don't they? It's like lighting a match, and dropping it on gasoline. If you don't tame it soon enoug...
335 9 26
After the death of her mother, Vivien tried as hard as she could to show her father how strong and capable she was. But one day, when a mysterious ma...
281K 14.6K 44
Xavier Jacobson. He's your average scene kid. He gets bullied because he's openly gay. He has nobody but his mother. Until he starts getting to know...