Linger (Camren)

Από Stoopkid13

Camila is the semi-optimistic teen girl, some may say wise beyond her years, who fears insanity in the future... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1: What You Missed
Chapter 2: Garlic Breath
Chapter 3: L7
Chapter 4: A Flame to Ice
Chapter 5: What Makes Us
Chapter 6: Being There
Chapter 7: The Sky Right Above Me
Chapter 8: Keeping You In Mind
Chapter 9: Capture
Chapter 10: Ready or Probably Not
Chapter 11: Stop This Train
Chapter 12: Camila's Truth
Chapter 13: Change For You
Chapter 14: Busted
Chapter 15: Not Just For Kids
Chapter 16: It's Just A Breakfast Food
Chapter 17: Partial Disclosure
Chapter 18: Celestial Robbery
Chapter 19: The Good Kinda Crazy
Chapter 20: Witchcraft
Chapter 21: See More In The Dark
Chapter 22: The Story Goes On
Chapter 23: Is What It Is
Chapter 25: Don't Be So Serious
Chapter 26: Still Gotta Love Them
Chapter 27: This Is How It Is
Chapter 28: That's How You Feel Pt.1
Chapter 29: That's How You Feel Pt 2
Chapter 30: We Can Only Try
Chapter 31: There's Still Beauty
Chapter 32: What You Do For Me
Chapter 33: Listen
Chapter 34: No Support
Chapter 35: Here With Me

Chapter 24: Gotchu

7.7K 246 234
Από Stoopkid13

{Camila's POV}

It was around 1:30 in the afternoon.  The mission was simple:

Get back to my room and pretend that I was there the entire time being a hermit and not sleeping over at Lauren's all night...

Simple enough. Let's do it!

Mornings are usually busy days for everyone. Mami is typically the first one out the door for work before anyone else can even rub the gunk out of their eyes, and Dad does odd jobs to make some extra cash for us whenever he can, or volunteers down at the soup kitchen just because he can. The man has a heart of gold.

I steadily ease my key into the lock, gripping all the other loose keys in my hand before gingerly turning the... Wait-

No one is home. What the fuck am I doing?!

Once the realization sank in, I rolled my eyes at my own stupidity and flung the door open using all my force, cringing a bit when it collided with the wall causing a loud bang. I felt a little less guilty about the whole situation since I was alone now, and no one probably even realized I was gone.

I nonchalantly began to shed some clothing, that being the jacket Lauren let me borrow and my boots.

Humming happily, I skipped my way up the stairs...

That was, until I got about half way up and realized I was being watched.

If I could have frozen in mid-air, I would have.

Over the railing, I saw my father casually sipping at a cup of coffee, looking up at me with big doe eyes, a single raised eyebrow and a small grin of mischief.

His face practically screamed, "Hey girl, Hey! Whatchu think you doing?" without uttering a single word.

To which I elegantly responded with a profound, "Uuuuhhhh..."

It's typically not the best strategy to answer a parent with, "You see what had happened was-", but that was looking like my best bet at the moment.

Before I could utter an actually coherent sentence, he silenced my efforts with a raise of his hand. Bringing his lips to the mug once again and taking a long gulp of the creamy brown liquid in his cup, I thought he was getting his body ready to give me the yelling of the century. However, to my surprise, he brought his free hand to his mouth, zipped and locked his lips, threw away the key and gave me a wink before making his way back to the kitchen like the heaven sent angel he was.

That's my dad! You go, dad!

Not knowing if my mom had somehow managed to get out work early or something, I ran straight up to the safety of my room. Being cocky about anything had always proven to do me wrong.

Once there, I allowed the darkness and complete stillness of the room to take me away to my own thoughts.

What the hell even happened yesterday? I thought as I lazily dragged my limbs over to my bed and plopped my tired self down.

Your bed feels 20x better when you haven't slept in it for at least a day.

I pinched the bridge of nose, feeling a small throb in my head beginning to make itself known. Between the whole ordeal with Travis and this continuous struggle to get Lauren to open up more about her life, I am all kinds of exhausted.

Though I am understanding and patient with her needs, it doesn't mean I don't get frustrated at the fact that she holds back so blatantly.

But last night was something. It was a huge step in the right direction and I couldn't be more proud of her. It just saddens me that she has gone through this for so long and there is nothing I can really do to bring her any comfort besides just being there. I hope that's enough...

I would have continued my analysis on everything that had occurred the last 24 hours, however, the feeling of something gripping firmly around my ankles made my previously dropping eyes shoot open in a panic.

My body goes into full on fish out of water mode as I attempt, and fail, at shaking whatever had me in its grasp loose.

I'm surprised I haven't screamed bloody murder yet. Heaven knows I can do that real well.

I look down to see what has me trapped and clearly make out two sun-kissed hands effortlessly wrapped around my ankles. Not a second later, a squinty eyed Dinah slides her way from underneath my bed and I have half a mind to stomp on her face.

If I didn't value my life, I would have done just that.

"Where have you been, child?" Dinah asks in a rather low, serious tone that is, truthfully, terrifying coming from her.

"W-What?" I manage to get out in my state of both evident confusion and slight outrage that she was just chilling under my bed like nothing.

Of course, what would life be like without the incessant torture from both twiddle dee and twiddle dum. 

With perfect timing, my closet doors fling open dramatically, revealing Phoenix holding a flashlight to his chest, pointed directly underneath his chin to illuminate his face and cast a shadow of his head behind him.

"I believe she said. Where. Have. You. Been. Child?" His voice was also audibly lower and gruffer than usual.

Again. Terrifying.

"Hold up. Have the two of you been hiding in my room since I came in ooorrr- Oww!"

I'm rudely interrupted by the blinding light of the flashlight hitting me square in the face. Both Dee and Phee take this opportunity to jump on my bed, squishing me in between their bodies.

I blink rapidly trying to regain my sense of vision so I can properly yell at these two nitwits, when suddenly I hear- or better yet feel- Dinah take a good whiff of my hair, nuzzling her nose a bit at my temple.

"You've been with a woman haven't you?" She proclaims more so than inquires, pulling back with her chin in the air and her still squinted gaze fixed on me. I turn to Phoenix in hopes that he was being a little more reasonable, only to find him in the same exact position as her.

I'm surrounded by idiots.

"Yes... with my woman." Apparently that wasn't the response they were looking for because neither of them put an end to their scrutinizing stares.

I clarify unnecessarily, "I was with Lauren, you half baked creampuffs!" followed by a loud sigh and a hard roll of my eyes.

They lean over to make direct eye contact with one another and with sneaky little smirks, let out a,"Mmhhhmmm!"

"You know what,? I am NOT dealing with this-" before I could scramble to feet fast enough to escape, they pull me back down by the arms.

"Oh, relax grumpy pants, we're just messing with you. Lauren called us first thing this morning to let us know that you were safe and sound at her place, after you gave Dinah and I several heart attacks throughout the night."

I couldn't help but slump my shoulders in shame that I worried them so much. I assumed my absence would go unnoticed so I didn't even think to tell them where I was going.

"But, you're here now and you're safe, so that's all that matters." Phoenix ends, pressing a loving kiss to my forehead and pulling me into his arms, to which I instantly melt into. The feeling of Dinah's head resting comfortably on my upper back as her arms wrap around my body and rest on Phoenix's ribcage, engulfs me in my own little sanctuary.

Now this is the kind of sandwich I don't mind being in the middle of... and I mean that in the purest of ways.

"I'm so sorry, you guys" I mumble unintelligibly into the taller boy's shirt. "I was being a bum."

"Yes. Yes, you were." Dee confirms, though I could feel her smile against my clothed back. "But it's ok. We understand. Just promise that next time, you will take your phone and an umbrella with you on your little escapades, please and thank you."

"I promise" I chuckle lightly.

"Good girl." Phoenix says as we break away from our group hug. "We'll leave you to chill. We're gonna head to the bakery down the block for some flan. We'll bring you something."

The two of them simultaneously planted messy kisses on both my cheeks, making me giggle.

"OH!" Dinah yells out before she reaches the door. "When you get sick, Phoenix is the one that's gonna be taking care of you this time." The Polynesian girl says with a satisfied grin.

"UUGGGHH! I forgot about that!" Phoenix groans, throwing his back as he drags his feet along the carpeted floor, and out my room. "C'mon, Dinah. Best three out of five!"

"No Sir. Paper beats rock, sucka! Deal widdit!" I heard Dinah respond before both their voices faded out once they got downstairs.

I cannot believe this! What loving friends I have. I'm not that bad when I'm sick... besides, I'm not going to get sick! It was just a little rain.

Just as I decided to lay down, the buzzing of my phone that sat isolated and lonely on my dresser instantly caught my attention. Rolling my way to the end of the bed, I groaned at the distance from here to the dresser. I unwillingly lifted my body up and got on my knees. Extending my limbs as best I could, I kept my legs on my bed, an arm placed on the ground to support my hovering body, and the other blindly fumbling around for the device. The lengths we go just to stay bed, man.

Once retrieved, I put both my hands safely on the ground and scoot my way back to the comfort of my bed for the final time.

I have everything I need now and I refuse to leave this bed, I told myself as I snuggled up to my pillow. The sound of another buzz let me know someone loves me and actually wants my attention. I will not deny them any longer.

My Lil Lolo💕 (2:07 PM): Hey baby, just wanted to see if you got in safely. You should be resting peacefully on your bed at this moment if my calculations are correct.

My Lil Lolo💕(2:10 PM): Please either confirm or deny this accurate guess.

It never seizes to amaze me at how cute I find everything she says and does, even when she doesn't mean to be. Before I could reply, I get another message.

My Lil Lolo💕 (2:12 PM): ooorrrr say anything and let me know you're there, babe.

I feel like annoying her a bit so...

Banana 😏

As expected, I didn't have to wait long for a response.

My Lil Lolo💕 (2:14 PM): Alright. Cool beans. I get what I ask for apparently -_-

I let out a little laugh knowing that she's definitely making that face right now. I can fix that.

You can get whatever it is that you want from me, beautiful. You have me any way you want

My Lil Lolo💕 (2:17 PM): Hmmm, that's interesting. I'll keep that in mind, Cabello 😜

You do that, Jauregui 😇

My Lil Lolo💕 (2:19 PM): Alright, I just wanted to check up on you. Now that I know you're alive, carry on with your life, Pumpkin

I can't do that if you leave me, so you might as well stay and talk ☺️

My Lil Lolo💕 (2:22 PM): Has exhaustion suddenly made you a little sweet talker?

Babe, I've always been smooth af. How do you think I got you? It sure as hell wasn't just with my decent looks and two left feet

My Lil Lolo💕 (2:26 PM): First of all, I guess I'm not doing a good enough job at letting you know just how gorgeous you really are, in all ways, since you just referred to yourself as 'decent'. You are far from decent, you understand me? And you are more than just beautiful. You are extraordinary, marvelous, and magical.

My Lil Lolo💕 (2:28 PM): Second of all, by the way I fell for you, anyone would think I was the one with two left feet, baby.

Well, shit. Will you look at that... I'm blushing. I'm supposed to be the one making her blush, this is all wrong!

My inability to think of a way to turn this back around on her frustrates me a bit, but I accept it.

As I think of the best way to reply back to everything she just said, one particular phrase comes to mind. I don't want to be the kind of person that goes all overboard at the first declaration of love, but this seemed like the best time to remind her:

I love you, you know that?

Wow, it crazy to see that typed out and sent. I have to admit, in the past I've written those three words without any intention of actually sending them to her. It just wasn't the right time back then.  But now that it's out in the open, I can say it whenever I want. And I will definitely be taking advantage of that little perk.

My Lil Lolo💕 (2:32 PM): I love you more, schnuckums 😘

Nope. We are not playing this game because I will stay up all night and day fighting you on that one, so spare yourself

I love you more. That's that. Caso Cerrado!

I opted to change the subject because this was a serious matter that I had no energy to argue about.

Anyway! I'm gonna take a nap now so I will text you when I wake up, my love

My Lil Lolo💕 (2:38 PM): Oh, so now I'm free to go? How lovely. Get a lot of rest tho. You're definitely gonna get sick and I want you to fight it early on so it doesn't get too bad

Why does everyone keep saying that! I'm not going to get sick. My body is strong. My system is top notch. I laugh in the face of sickness. Hahaha!

My Lil Lolo💕 (2:43 PM): ... all righty then, babe lol. Get some sleep. Ttyl Love ya.

Shaking my head slight at her lack of faith in my body's ability to kick sickness in the ass, I tuck my phone underneath my pillow and allow my body to finally become one with my bed. Just as I'm about to succumb to the sleep that has been calling my name since I got home, my eyes shoot open again and I release another groan of irritation into my pillow.

Goddamit, I have to pee!

-

{Phoenix's POV}

7:45 AM. Camila is sick. Jesus help me.

"Pheeee!" I hear a strained voice yell out to me as I sat on the bottom of the staircase and wondered why I didn't appreciate life before Camila got sick. This girl is the most dramatic sick person I've ever met. Really, even the simplest of colds is too much for her to handle.

So when Sinu woke me up at 6:00 AM to let me know Millz was running a fever, I knew that was her way of telling me my time was running out. I went for a walk to enjoy the last moments of freedom I had for the day before she started to make demands.

The first couple hours of the morning started off with the usual:

"Fluff my pillow, Phee!" Sure, Camila.

"Get me another blanket, I'm freezing." Ok, Camila.

"Close the blinds- No wait! Keep them open, maybe the sunlight will heal me." Mhmmm. Alright, Camila.

"Make me some soup. From scratch. And don't make it too hot. And put it in a cup so I can drink it. And sit there with me in case I cough while I'm drinking it, so I don't choke to death." We wouldn't want that to happen, now would we?

By the start of the afternoon, I'm pretty sure I had developed a few gray hairs. She was being impossible.

She didn't want me in her room, but she didn't want to be left alone. She wanted blankets, but she'd kick them off seconds later. She didn't want me to touch her, but then she'd pull me in by the collar and smother me with all her sickness. I got sneezed on more times than I care to think about.

I mean, she made me sing soft kitty to her! Do I look like Leonard or Penny? No. Who does this girl think she is!

Dinah had conveniently made herself occupied all day, so I was truly on my own... Or was I?

It had been quite a while since Millz was last sick, and the one thing that had changed since that time was the biggest factor of all.

Lauren.

I think I'll give her a little call.

Now this will be the ultimate test of their relationship. I wish her luck.

-

{Lauren's POV}

I had a feeling I was going to be called in for backup. Not that I wasn't going to drop by anyway. I knew my little nugget was going to get sick, she was practically convulsing yesterday from the rain. It would have been a miracle if she didn't at least walk away with a cold.

I came prepared with a few things though. I don't think this will be too bad.

When I get to their front door, Phoenix opens it before I even had a chance to knock. Upon first glance, you would think the boy had gotten into some kind of fight. His hair was disheveled, his shirt looked wrinkled, as if someone had been tugging and pulling on it, and... are that those scratch marks on his face?

He looked at me with wide hazel eyes that yelled, "Save me!" His smile, though big and bright, also gave off the impression of , "Haha! No, but really, save me!"

or maybe I was just being overly dramatic.

"Heeeeyyyy, Laur! Welcome to the party." The taller boy said as he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Hey Phee... what happened to your fa-"

"SO CAMILA IS UPSTAIRS!" He all but shouts over me for some odd reason. "Feel free to check up on her. See how your boo thang is doing and all that."

"Umm, yeah. I'll go up right now, should I bring her anything from downstairs?"

Camila's hoarse voice echoed throughout the house as she yelled as best she could for the poor brunette boy.

"Nope! Just you will be good enough for now." I suddenly feel his warm hand on my lower back, gently giving me a little nudge up the stairs. I make it about half way before he sprints back down and swings the front door open. "I'm gonna get some fresh air for a minute or two, so you can hold down the fort real quick, right? Cool. Thanks!" And then he was gone.

That was weird.

The sound of coughing and a cute little bunny sneeze brought me back to the task at hand. Clutching my duffle bag, I made my way over to Camz's room. I peak my head in to see the younger girl sprawled out on her bed wildly. Once I'm in, I gently set my bag down and sit in one of the few vacant spots on her bed that wasn't covered in tissues or one of her limbs.

Brown orbs are hidden from sight until she feels my presence beside her. Fluttering her eyes open, she lifts her head ever so slightly, revealing the extent of her messy hair, and squints her eyes to see me as if I was miles away.

"Wha- Hey! You're not Phoenix... but you're much prettier than he is, so you can stay." She says lazily before dropped her head back onto the pillow.

I can't help the laugh that escapes my lips at the sight. She was a mess... But a cute mess!

I notice the younger girl shiver slightly, curling herself up into a little ball for warmth, so I reach into my bag and pull out one of my blankets, delicately draping it over her.

Surprisingly, she didn't rip it off herself like Phoenix had said she was doing a while ago. Instead, she clutched onto it tightly and pulled it up to her face, caressing it against her cheek.

"I wish I could breathe through my nostrils! This blanket probably smells like oranges and you. Those are the best scents in the world!" Her voice rose increasingly as she spoke, though her body remained limp and zombie like.

"Sshhh! I don't want you yelling, baby. I want you to sleep." I told her softly as I rubbed her back slowly.

"BUT HOW-" she suddenly blurts out with a burst of energy, startling me a bit, but I quickly regained my composure to silence her.

"No, no." I place a single finger on her lips, "You have to sleep, Camz. Your body will thank you later."

"My body will thank me later?" She whispered questionably to herself as her eyes began to slowly close once again while I continued massaging her sore body. "What about your body?" She questioned suddenly.

"What about it?"

"Will it also be thanking me later?" She mumbled with a small smirk before breaking out into an ever so sexy coughing fit.

That was my cue to bring out the essential item needed for all people when they're sick.

Vicks Vapo Rub.

I dabbed my finger in the magical substance and rubbed it on her throat, a little bit of her chest and her nose. I felt like a Hispanic mother taking care of her child.

The brunette appeared to be soothed by the Vicks, because duh! It's Vicks.

"Sleep tight, princess" I said as I stroked her hair gently, placing a loving kiss of her warm forehead.

However, right before she drifted off into a peaceful slumber, she scared the living daylights out of me by shooting up from the bed slightly and grabbing me by the collar, her nose bumping against mine.

"Find me the person who invented Vapo Rub. I want to marry them."

Aaaannd then she knocked the fuck out.

I love sick Camila so much.

-

I waited patiently for punk ass Phoenix (his new contact name on my phone) to return back from his now 4 hour break.

Camila wasn't nearly as bad as thought she'd be, but maybe it's just because I was the one caring for her. Or maybe it was the Vicks. Who knows? I don't.

I sat in the living room, after finally coaxing the younger girl to get up and do a little bit of walking in between her naps. At the moment, she was cuddle up at my side, having fallen asleep five minutes into A Cinderella Story.

She mumbles the most strangely endearing things in her ill state, like, "Peanuts have feelings too." And "Bananers."

At one point she yelled out,"Chicken!", followed by a tiny, little giggle, which made me cover my mouth with my hand to prevent from laughing out loud.

The familiar sound of Phoenix's keys jiggling at the door informed me of punk ass's return.

I turned off the tv, and ever so slowly, peeled myself away from the sleeping girl. I made it just in time to creep up behind Phoenix as he tip toed his way upstairs and pulled him backwards by his shirt effortlessly.

He chocked a little on my way down, but he was ok other wise.

With crossed arms, I looked at him sweetly, waiting for him to explain his reasoning for leaving me to care for Camila by myself.

"Sooooo, she didn't kill you or run you out! That's a good sign." He said with a nervous chuckle and a guilty expression. "Everything seems pretty quiet around here... Wait! You didn't kill her, right?!?" He looked genuinely concerned.

"No, I didn't kill her. I can't say I'm gonna be so nice to you though, my friend." I reply nonchalantly, playing with the collar of his already messed up shirt.

His eyes widened upon my statement and he quickly maneuvered his way out of my grasp and up the staircase. I followed behind him just as quickly.

"Hold on! Wait, wait!" He said with his hands in the air before I could get another good grip on him. "Just listen!"

"Fine. Speak."

"Ok, so I know that this was a shitty thing for me to do, just leaving you here to look after Camila, but I needed a timeout! She was driving me insane!" He whisper yelled as he tugged on his hair slightly. "But-but you took care of her, better than I could ever, and that!" He sighed out as he dropped his hands to his sides, "That says a lot, Lauren. It really does. It proves just how amazing you really are and I owe you a million favors from here on out."

The taller boy grabbed my hands in his and placed a sweet kiss on the back of both of them, making me smile at his gentle nature.

"Thank you so much." He ended with that stupid charming smile of his.

"Ugh! Fine, you're forgiven. But don't think you can get away with pulling shit like this with me again." I say pointedly.

"I would never do such a thing again. I promise." He declared.

"Alright, I really have to get going now. So if you need any of the stuff I used to help her sleep a little better, I left that all in a duffle bag upstairs."

"You brought Vicks right?"

"What kind of question is that? Obviously!"

"Good. I don't know what kinda Latino household this is, but we ran out and no one bought a new one."

"Well it's a new jar and it's upstairs for ya. I'll text you later to see how she's doing. She better be in one piece when I get my update." I say as I make my way out the front door.

"Don't worry, Laur! I got this now!"

With a quick wave he closed the door... Or more so slammed it. At that exact moment I heard the sounds of a groggy Camz yelling out for a poor Phee.

I ran down the stairs of the apartment just before I heard the sound of the Cabello door opening again and Phoenix yelling out to me, "Laur! Come back! Don't leave me with her!"

He's such a punk ass.
-
A/N

Being sick sucks beans!

But anyhway, hope you guys enjoyed this one!

Comment, like and tell yo friends.

Sendings all of you lovelies good vibes!

-Lulu

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

1.7K 101 10
Lauren Jauregui, 17yrs of age, is a loving elder sister to her younger sister named Tammy, she look after her, after their parents died along with th...
84.2K 2K 25
Camila Cabello was 6 years old when she was diagnosed with a blood disorder. She isn't allowed to leave her house nor to really have a normal life. N...
199K 5.3K 28
Lauren struggles a bunch which trying to forget her past. She's in college and has a basketball scholarship. She also is apart of a skateboarding tea...
970K 24.4K 22
Lauren Jauregui; Captain of the softball team. Most popular girl in school. Every girls hero and every guys dream. She's dating the most popular girl...