I'm Just Too Nice

By Thymajesty

Hi my name is Beatrice Hamilton. But my friend Nathan calls me Bea. He's the only friend I have, and I don't... More

PART I
1- Life Was Good
2- Everything Has Changed
3- You've Changed
4- Did He Say Party?
5- Party Life
6 -We Sing
7- Home Sweet Home
8- Secrets Unfold
9- She Always Knew
10- Brother
12- I Can Be Your Hero Baby
13- Are You?
14- The Letter
15- Am I Okay?
16- Reminiscing Past
17- Cowardly Lion
18- I'm Crazy
19- Mean

11- Home Alone

200 9 2
By Thymajesty

Thank @Ghost_bird for the lovely banner. Sorry it took so long to credit you.
____________
It was an early Saturday morning so I did what anyone would do.

Watched throwback shows.

I think we all can agree that shows are not how they used to be. And for some reason, tv was one of the odd things I was always allowed to watch. I could watch as much tv as I wanted and my parents could care less.

Odd. I know.

It was eight o'clock in the morning on a Saturday morning, which is why I was surprised when Nates phone number popped up on my cellphone screen, in between watching Sonic X.

"Hello?" I asked making sure that I didn't see the number wrong.

"Who picks up the phone this early in the morning?" He said, not saying hello back.

"Who calls this early in the morning?" I questioned.

"Touché. So what are you doing?" He asked curiously. I sighed. I guess Sonic is going to have to wait.

"I'm watching Saturday morning cartoons."

"Where are your parents?"

"They went to Disney World with my brother. They won't be coming back until a couple of days-"

The other line suddenly went dead. "Hello...Nate?" He must've gotten bored talking to me, it's perfectly fine.

I locked my phone and continued to watch Sonic X. This show was just my favorite.

Minutes later there was a knock on my front door. I jumped in shock remembering what my dad had told me before he left. What if it's one of his 'eyes' he was talking about.

I slowly walked to the door and looked into the peep hole. Blonde hair...green eyes...

I opened the door in shock. "Nate, what are you doing here?" I felt at that moment pain, like I was going to have a heart-attack.

"Your parents aren't home, so I came to make a visit," he said his eyes shining in the morning sunlight.

"You can't. My dad said he's got eyes everywhere and I really can't afford to get in more trouble," I didn't want to sound mean but, I didn't want to die anytime soon. And if Nate was here again, I'm sure I would.

"Don't worry about that. I can fix all your problems Bea. I told you, I've got you now."

"I'm aware of that, but you don't-"

"Enough!" He raised his hand in a quick manner shutting me up instantly. "I heard you were watching Sonic X. So let the Saturday morning begin!"

What had God gotten me into?
* * *

"I'm bored."

"I'm sorry."

"Let's go out!"

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because-"

"Yeah, I know. Because 'my parents are bad people'," I rolled my eyes in pure amazement by this whole conversation.

"They're not bad people. They're just very protective of me," I said turning towards him.

"Why is that?" He asked curiously.

I raised my shoulders. "They've just always been like that."

He gets up from the couch closing the tv. "Let's go," he tells me an adventurous gleam in his eyes.

"I'll get in trouble," I say. He's being serious I can't leave, my dad will surely know that someone was in here, let alone that I left the house with someone.

"Sometimes it's worth getting in trouble. It means your testing your limits. Trying new things. Come on, Bea. Let's go on an adventure like old times," he holds out his hand for me to take.

'Don't do this Bea. Your father will not be pleased at all'

But he's my friend now. He promised.

'He's going to hurt you. That boy is trouble like your parents said.'

Technically my dad was the only person who said that, but that's beside the point. I've never left this house. I've never traveled. I deserve to have atleast a little freedom...right?

'You'll regret it.'

"The only adventures we ever had were when we were in the car going to school," I look at Nates hand calling me to try something. Risk something. Get in trouble. "But those were some fun adventures."

Nates smile widens, as I grab his hand.

"So where are we going?" I asked now that we were out of the house and into the road. Was this what adrenaline was? I'm enjoying it. While it last at least.

"We are going to Justin's house. He called me over and I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see you again."

I shrugged not understanding what he meant by that.

Justin's house, in a way, reminded me of my own home.

Big.

"What took you so long? I thought you died or something," Justin said opening the door wearing only sweatpants on. I blushed to myself.

It's his house. Who am I to tell him to wear a shirt.

"You brought Bea!" He said happily. He swung the door open and pounced on me, causing me to laugh out loud.

"Hi," I said in return.

"We are going to have so much fun!" Justin yelled running around the house.

_________
Jessica's POV
_________
"Yeah. Just slap the bitch or something Ashley. I could care less."

I hung the phone up on her getting bored with the conversation. Who the hell did I look like a psychiatrist. Go to your lawyer with your problems is what my dad always says.

I'm bored. Nate is always fun.

The day he finally told me how he felt was the best day of my life. I had been waiting forever to hear him tell me that.

I didn't know Beatrice was in the plan for dating Nate, but that'll all change pretty soon. She's not gonna last long.

I took my phone and called Nate as I made my way downstairs to the garage with all the families cars. When you're as rich as me, you had a lot of cars.

"Hey what's up?" He answered.

"I'm coming over so you better not be doing anything boring when I arrive," I say smiling to myself.

When I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder I didn't tell anyone. The only people who knew were Nate and Justin. They were the only one could...accept that the Queen B was truly who I was.

"Okay. I'm at Justin's. I'll be waiting for you."

I pressed the doorbell on Justin's door. The smile that was once on my face falling. Drastically.

Her.

With her stupid bright, icy blue model eyes, and dark brown hair to die for. What the hell was she trying to do, steal my best friends? Game. On.

"Hi Jessica," she said looking at the floor. Why did she always do that? If she has self-confidence issues she needs to listen to a couple of Beyoncé songs to get her life together.

I rolled my eyes and walked passed her. Suddenly I was tackled to the floor. "Hello b-e-a utiful," Nate said hugging me tightly.

"Who are you? Jim Carey," I said hugging him back. "So what are you losers doing?" I asked seeing Justin playing video games.

"Well Justin was showing Bea how to play video games, while I defeated them both in the said game."

"Who hasn't played video games?" I say questioning if this girl was even human.

"Uhh she's just never played," Nate said scratching the back of his neck.

He was lying for her.

What spell did she make? Who did she think she was? I have the perfect thing for Ms. Beatrice Hamilton.

I'm gonna figure what's wrong with that girl if it's the last thing I do.

"Okay well I'm here now. So let's do something a bit less, boyish," I said sitting down next to Nate.

"I'll have you know just the other day, I was introducing myself to this hot gamer chick-"

"Ew gross. I'm going to stop you right there," I said stopping Justin from finishing his sentence. Wasn't he dating Ashley?

"Let's play truth or dare."

"What the fuxk? What is this, some cliche highschool party?" Justin asked

"Shut up and play! Babe you go first," I said looking at Nates dreamy green eyes.

"Okay. Jessi, truth or dare?" He asked.

"Dare."

"I dare you to call the last person you called and say 'do something with your life,'" he said after thinking.

"That's an easy one," I said rolling my eyes.

"Well I'm starting it off easy."

"Fine." I took my phone from my pocket and dialed Ashley.

"Hello?" She said sniffling, probably from crying so much.

"Do something with your life!" I yelled and then hung up.

"I applaud your bravery," Justin said mockingly clapping.

"Whatever, my turn. Bea." She looked from...whatever she was looking at and looked at me. "Truth or Dare?"

"Ummm. Truth?"

I knew she'd pick that. "What are your parents name?" I asked her. Easy questions...for now.

She looked around her eyes staying on Nate for a particularly long time. "Their names are William and Natasha Hamilton."

"Interesting," I thought to myself.

"Are we really playing truth or dare right now?" Justin questioned.

"Aww Justin don't be mad that a girl never wanted to kiss you when she was dared to," I said joking around.

"It was one party!"

* * *

"Im gonna go order pizza," Justin said.

"Great, I'll go get some soda there wasn't a store too far from here," I said trying to be nice and helpful. See I could be a good person.

"I think I have some in the trunk of my car," Nate said looking away from another video game.

"Fine, I'll get them for you."

"There's like four in there."

"I'll help." We both turned to look at Beatrice sitting near Justin her eyes shyly looking up.

"Fine."

You try to do one nice thing.

We walked to Nate's car opening the back, four liters of Sprite like he said there was.

I looked at Bea in anger. "What's your deal?" I asked her.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You heard me. What's your deal? You don't talk to him in years them you pop back up. You want something from him."

She looked frantically around like what I was saying is true. I knew it. "No it's not-"

"Save the bull," I said stopping her from talking by raising my hand. I don't do good with liars. "What do you want from him?" I ask her.

She shook her head continuously, "I don't want anything-"

"Fine, don't tell me. Just know this. I'm going to figure out what you two are keeping a secret. I don't do well with threats and I think you're one. If I were you I'd watch my back, before you don't see Nate ever again. And this time I'll make it permanent."

I quickly walk back to the house leaving her all alone.

It was so hard being nice to people who deserve the worst.

_________________

I really tried to make this twenty pages, but y'all survive. It was fun writing in Jessica's character.

Sorry for the long wait, I guess I didn't have much inspiration. These weeks have been bag=bad/good.

I'll hopefully update next week on time. Also thanks for all the votes and reads. Keep it up.

COTE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241 15 10
4 months ago Nora Willson witnessed her parents death and everything changed. New house, new family and her picture perfect relationship with her boy...
3.5M 111K 35
Nathan, a shy boy, is a closet gay. No one knows besides people close to him. He figures he'll never find a person who will love him. That is, unti...
30.8K 6.3K 53
Darkness isn't just when you can't find the torch. It isn't only when there's no electricity and the moon's nowhere to be found. Darkness is a feeli...
2.4M 81.8K 53
(Complete) After a terrible encounter at a party, one year later, Hailey Fonte is ready to return to her hometown. With everyone against her because...