Dating Hollywood's Bad Boy

By laurenejohnson

When Jack Stone accepts a "challenge" from Kaylyn Bradford to make her fall in love with him, Kaylyn hates Ja... More

Chapter 1: "He's just a guy."
Chapter 2: "Just like I ride a magical unicorn."
Chapter 3: "I heard you're famous."
Chapter 4 - Part 1: "Now I'm bare foot!"
Chapter 4 - Part 2: "You broke a perfectly good silence, just to say that?"
Chapter 5: "WHERE. IS. WALDO?!"
Chapter 7: "Do you need to learn where my eyes are?"
Chapter 8: "You're wearing blue."
Chapter 9: "Freaky panther loving."
Chapter 10: "Kiss!"
Chapter 11: "Sushi sushi sushi sushi!"
Chapter 12: "...this car is black, right?"
Chapter 13: "There is just one more thing..."
Chapter 14: "Kaylyn, please, let me in."
Chapter 15: "Worried?"
Chapter 16: "Can't . . . breathe!"
Chapter 17: "I swear to magic bananas."
Chapter 18: "Guess what."
Chapter 19: "I. . . . I love you."
Chapter 20: "You just missed the exit."
Chapter 21: "I love you. Is that not enough?"
Chapter 22: "Let's do this."
Chapter 23: "I like to spoil you."
Chapter 24: "My dad is here."
Chapter 25: "Everything will be fine."
Chapter 26: "This is ridiculous."
Chapter 27: ". . . nobody is allowed on."
Epilogue
Author's Note
Epilogue - Alternate Ending

Chapter 6: "I wanna go kill Cheerios!"

14.9K 205 25
By laurenejohnson

Chapter 6

“Can I have a pet goose?”

I sighed through my nose.

“Kaylyn, are you going to keep asking that?” I questioned.

“Yes!” she cried. Unfortunately, still three hours after her surgery, she was still pretty much on a high. I think the doctor gave her way too much laughing gas or whatever it was.

“You can’t have a goose.”

“WHAT?!” I looked at her and her lip started quivering, her eyes becoming shiny. Tears slipped out of her eyes and soon she was sobbing.

“Kaylyn! What’s wrong?” I asked as she put her face into her hands, sobbing loudly.

“I-I ju-just wanted a go-goose!” she sobbed. I sighed and looked at the ceiling.

“I’ll get you a goose,” I said, looking back at her. Her head snapped up, her eyes searching my face, suddenly not crying anymore.

“You will?” she asked quietly with her sparkling grey eyes wide.

“Yes,” I sighed.

“Promise?” she said, looking like a lost puppy.

“I promise,” I said.

“Yes!” she said, adding plenty of extra s’s. “I’m putting a note in my phone so I don’t forget!” Dang it. I had said yes because she wouldn’t remember.

“Do I have to get you a goose?” I whined. Kaylyn scowled at me.

“Yes,” she said firmly. I sighed dramatically. “I wanna go kill Cheerios now!” I looked at her as though she were crazy, but she ignored me.

Kaylyn suddenly perked up and turned on her tv. We were in her room again, after walking up to a park and her swinging on the old swings.

“What are we watching?” I asked. She had flipped the channel about a billion times until she finally settled on a cartoon.

“THE SMURFS!” she cried. I flinched away from her at the random yelling, my eyes wide.

“Okay then,” I said slowly, scooting away from her a little bit on the bed. She noticed, and hurt came onto her face.

“Do I smell?” she asked, looking like a sad little puppy again.

“No, no, you don’t!” I assured her. “You’re just really loud!” She grinned wildly and looked at the tv. I tried to watch it, but I couldn’t really tell what the little blue things were trying to accomplish.

When the episode was over, she flicked the tv off, then abruptly stood up.

“What are you doing?” I questioned. She started walking to her desk and sat in the chair.

“Nothing,” she said innocently as she pulled out a piece of paper and a sharpie. She began drawing on the paper, so I got up and went to see what it was.

“Kaylyn! How could you?!” I cried, feigning shock. I was actually quite amused. The paper was actually a picture of me, and she was drawing horns and a tail on me. Plus, a creepy mustache.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” she exclaimed and tried to cover it up. I started tickling her sides, causing her to erupt into giggles, and fall on the floor. She scowled as I sat at her desk and admired the corruption of my picture.

I suddenly felt Kaylyn running her hands through my hair. Well, not exactly that, more like pulling it. 

“What are you doing now?” I asked.

“Looking for your horns,” she murmured, tugging at my hair. I chuckled and spun around in the chair. She wasn’t expecting that, and fell again. I caught her by her waist, and pulled her into my lap.

“You’re so clumsy,” I whispered. She giggled and then rolled out of my arms, onto the floor. I rolled my eyes, smirking, as she tried to get off the floor.

“Jimminy cricket,” she muttered as she finally got back on her feet. “I’m hungry!”

“Okay,” I said. I followed her as she skipped out into the hall, then took the stairs two at a time. She ran into the kitchen and started pulling out bread, cheese, turkey and mayonnaise. She began to make a sandwich.

“You really like that stuff?” I asked, my nose wrinkled as I pointed to the mayonnaise.

“Yup, it’s delish!” she said happily, assembling her food. I watched her in amusement as she put it all together, then plopped it onto a plate. She grabbed a bag of potato chips and poured some onto her plate, then ran to her living room.

I followed, my hands stuffed into my pockets. I sat on the couch next to her, and she turned on Tom & Jerry.

“Look at that!” she cried when a piano fell on Tom. She busted out laughing, while I looked at her as though she were crazy. She ate her food like there was no tomorrow, then suddenly seemed not to be hyper anymore.

She pulled a blanket over her legs, stretching them across the couch, and laid her head in my lap. Without a word, she fell asleep. I smiled to myself as I watched her eyelids flutter, and her peaceful face as she slept. She couldn’t have been more perfect.

+ + +

Kaylyn’s POV

I sat on the beach, tracing patterns in the sand. I looked up and saw an army of marshmallows erupt from the water, coming for me. Each one of them had little top hats on, and they all had faces, which was slightly creepy.

The army stopped in front of me, and I stared down the leader.

“Could you please direct me to the nearest popsicle stand?” the leader asked. I pulled out a hammer and squished one of the marshmallows. I wasn’t going to let them have my popsicles!

The marshmallow I had squished slowly grew into a giant marshmallow, towering over me.

“Please don’t!” I cried. The marshmallow didn’t listen to me, and ate me. The inside was all mushy and soft, as I would imagine a marshmallow to be.

Once I was in its stomach, Ke$ha was there too.

“Oh my God you’re my long lost twin mom told me about!” she exclaimed. I looked at her weird, and she suddenly threw up glitter. I stepped back, only a little bit of glitter getting on my shoes.

I opened my eyes, and nearly screamed.

“What are you doing here?!” I yelled at Jack. Thank the mother of clams that I had only been eaten by a marshmallow in my dreams.

“You fell asleep,” he said, holding his hands up as if to surrender. My head was laying on his lap, so I quickly sat up.

“You let me sleep on your lap?” I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“Well, yeah,” he said, slightly taken aback. I sighed, shaking my head.

“Silly, silly boy,” I said. He looked at me, amused. “You have to go now.”

“Why?” he whined. I rolled my eyes.

“Because I said so,” I replied simply. He made a face at me, so I stuck my tongue out at him in response. “People I hate are not welcome in this home.”

“Fine, I’ll go,” he said, smirking. He got up and left, surprising me by not putting up a fight. I shrugged and went to my room. I could barely remember what had happened before I fell asleep, besides in the morning before I’d had my surgery.

I looked in my mirror above my dresser and busted out laughing. My cheeks were so swollen, I looked like a squirrel! I literally rolled around on the floor, clutching my stomach, as I laughed my eyes out.

I didn’t sober up for a good ten minutes, when my phone rang. I answered it, and realized it was Jack.

“I bade you farewell already!” I cried, then hung up. My cheeks were aching from all the laughing, and hurt even more because of the surgery. I sighed and curled up at the head of my bed with a soft blanket, turning on my tv.

Access Hollywood was on, and I perked up. I turned up the volume so I could actually hear what they were saying.

“Just hours ago, Jack Stone tweeted a picture of his girlfriend, Kaylyn Bradford, asleep.”

I froze. Did they just say what I thought they said? They proceeded to show a picture, and sure enough, there I was. Asleep. Anger bubbled up inside me and I grabbed my phone, dialing Jack’s number.

“He-”

“WHY THE MONKEY EATING FISH STUFFING CEREAL CRUNCHING KNEE SLAPPING PLANT LICKING TURTLES DID YOU TWEET THAT PICTURE?!” I yelled at him. There was silence on his end.

“What picture?” he asked innocently.

“Don’t you lie to me, boy,” I said dangerously. He sighed.

“I’m sorry,” he said.

“Oh really? Could you tweet that too?” I questioned. There was a moment when he didn’t speak.

“Done,” he said. I heard my phone beep, and I looked at it to see he had in fact tweeted me an apology.

“Thank you,” I said, then quickly added, “I still hate you.” I hung up on him and continued watching the show. Apparently it was a TGIF Fact that Jack and I were dating. I heard my door open and I looked to see Madelyn walk in.

“Kaylyn,” she said and climbed on top of my bed. I patted my lap and she sat in it.

“What’s up?” I asked her.

“I’m tired,” she moaned. I smiled a little and smoothed down her blonde hair.

“You can sleep,” I said quietly, stroking her hair lovingly. I was nearly twelve years older than her, but I still loved my baby sister so much. She got comfortable, curling into a little ball and closing her eyes.

“Kaylyn?” she said.

“Yeah?” I replied.

“Do you love Jack?” she asked. I about busted out laughing.

“What makes you think that?” I questioned.

“I just wanted to know if you did, I want to be in your wedding,” she said thoughtfully. I smiled a little at how adorable she was. Before I knew it, she was out like a light.

Which left me to peace and quiet to plot revenge against Jack.

+ + +

On Wednesday I didn’t answer any of Jack’s calls or texts for a while. I was still ticked at him. And I also made sure to put it on twitter that I was mad.

I finally called Jack around two, because I was just plain bored, and it wasn’t even my turn to baby sit Madelyn.

“Oh, so you’re talking to me?” Jack questioned when he answered. I rolled my eyes.

“Be happy I’m even calling you,” I said. “I’m bored, I demand you to entertain me.”

“Why don’t you come over and swim?” he suggested. My eyes narrowed at the computer in front of me. Even YouTube hadn’t pulled me out of my boredom, which is saying something.

“Why should I do that?” I asked, suspicious.

“Because yesterday you said you wanted to swim today,” he said simply. I sighed.

“Come pick me up in half an hour,” I said then hung up. I put my swimsuit under my clothes then went and knocked on AJ’s door.

“Who is it?” he asked. As if it weren’t obvious.

“It’s your crayon sharing sister!” I yelled.

“Maddie?” he questioned. I rolled my eyes.

“No, stupid! Kaylyn!” I exclaimed. He opened the door just as I was about to knock again, so I ended up knocking on his face.

“What the drums!” he cried. I laughed at him then walked in his messy room and laid on his bed. Then I realized how bad it smelled.

“AJ, why does your room smell?” I whined.

“It’s Axe,” he said. “It smells good.”

“Axe is the worst smelling cologne ever!” I said. He suddenly sprayed me with his cologne and I coughed.

“Ah, that’s so gross!” I yelled. “Stop!”

Once I was thoroughly doused in the horrible smelling stuff, AJ sat in his desk chair, laughing his head off.

“Why have you even sprayed so much? Going on a hot date?” I questioned. He quickly looked at his lap, and I realized he was blushing. “Oh my moths! Who is she?!”

“Her name is Cassie,” he muttered. I got one of those ‘Aww!’ faces and he rolled his eyes. Jack texted me to tell me he was there.

“Well you have fun with that, I’m going to Jack’s,” I stated, getting up.

“Who’s going to watch Madelyn tonight?” he asked before I could leave.

“Mom and dad will be home before you leave,” I assured him.

I left his room and went out the front door, skipping down to Jack’s car. I opened the door before he could for me and slid in.

“Drive, monkey, drive,” I said. He chuckled at my movie quote and began driving to his house.

“Why do you smell like guys’ cologne?” he questioned. My eyes widened and I looked down, my cheeks burning scarlet. It probably looked like I had a horrible case of rosacea.

“Uhhhh…” I trailed off. Jack’s grip on the steering wheel tightened and his knuckles turned white. I bit my lip.

“Why?” he asked again. I sighed.

“AJsprayedhisAxeonme,” I mumbled. I snuck a look at Jack from the corner of my eye, and he had a confused look on his face.

“Your brother sprayed you with his cologne?” he asked. I nodded, sighing. He started laughing.

“Shut up,” I groaned. He finally sobered up, but was still smirking. We sat in silence for a while, until he decided to break it.

“You have chipmunk cheeks,” he pointed out. I glared at him.

“Jerk,” I spat.

“You love me,” he said. I scoffed.

“I hate you,” I said angrily. “Oh yeah, and thanks for that picture.” I scowled at him, and if looks could kill, he sure would’ve dropped dead like a shark. I believe the saying is like a shark….

“Sorry about that,” he muttered. “I just thought you looked so adorable.”

“Jack, if you ever think I look adorable again, then just tell me! Don’t take a picture of me then decide to tweet it without my permission!” I cried.

“You’re adorable when you’re mad,” he stated. I shrieked.

“JACK STONE, I SWEAR IF YOU EVER PUT SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT MY KNOWING AND YOU KNOW I WOULDN’T APPROVE OF IT, I WILL PERSONALLY RIP OUT YOUR ESOPHAGUS, THEN TELL THE WORLD THAT YOU SLEEP WITH A NIGHTLIGHT!” I yelled.

He looked at me out of the corner of his eye, amused, and chuckled.

“YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!” I yelled. “I HOPE YOU HAVE YOUR PERIOD IN A SHARK TANK!” I huffed and crossed my arms, looking at the road that stretched out in front of us. He started laughing, but I didn’t even spare a glance at him.

“That would be physically impossible,” he choked out. “I’m a guy.”

“Does it look like I care?” I spat. “I don’t.” Jack mumbled something under his breath, but the only words I caught were cute and angry. I rolled my eyes.

Jack drove us to his house in silence. I probably could’ve cut the tension in the air with scissors.

“This is it,” Jack sighed as he pulled into a driveway. I peeked out the window to see a fairly large yet modest home. I could already tell that the style was modern and contemporary.

“It’s nice,” I said as I got out, not waiting for Jack to held me out.. I walked up to his front door and tried to open it, but it was locked. I turned and pouted at Jack as he unlocked it. Once he opened it, I skipped in and went through the whole house.

I counted six bathrooms, five bedrooms, a kitchen, a den, an office, a rec room, a loft, a living room, a breakfast room, a sitting room and lastly, a dining room. Personally, I thought it was way too big of a house for one person, and especially way too many rooms.

“Your house is too big,” I stated when I found him waiting for me in the living room. He turned off the huge flat screen and turned to me with a smirk. I was just about to comment on the size of the tv, but he spoke first.

“Took you long enough,” he said. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his wrist, dragging him to his backyard. I stripped down to my swimsuit and jumped into the deep end of his pool.

The warm water enclosed around me, closing off all my senses. I smiled as I suddenly became calm, all my worries floating away like the bubbles created from a splash next to me. Wait, a splash next to me?

I opened my eyes, thankful the water wasn’t chlorine but saltwater, and saw a figure floating just a few feet from me. I pushed off the bottom of the pool and emerged out of the water, breathing in the air.

Jack appeared next to me and I glared.

“You scared me,” I said.

“Good,” he said with a smirk. I narrowed my eyes at him and floated on my back, putting my hands behind my head. My hair sprawled out around me in the water.

“Oo!” I squealed, pointing to a cloud. “That one looks like a bunny!” Jack looked at it thoughtfully.

“That is so a rabbit,” he said passively.

“It’s a rabbit!” I cried.

“I know,” Jack said, smirking. I blinked a few times.

“I meant to say it’s a bunny!” I said quickly. Jeez. Sometimes I really didn’t know what was coming out of my mouth.

“Nope, you didn’t,” he said. I gave him a confused look. Ohhhh. I’d said that aloud. See what I’m saying? “Yes, I do.”

“What?” I asked.

“I see what you’re saying,” he replied. I sighed.

“I need to pay more attention to what I think and not say it,” I said. “Otherwise one day you’re going to get very mad at me for the things I say about you.” He narrowed his eyes at me, and I started treading water instead of just floating around. That was when I saw his abs.

He had a clearly defined eight pack, and oh my fancy sauce they looked better in person. Jack smirked at me, and I met his eyes.

“What?” I questioned innocently.

“I don’t blame you for drooling,” he said. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“You have something right there,” he said, pointing to the side of his mouth. I started to wipe my own mouth, then realized he was mocking me.

“Yeah, yeah,” I muttered.

Somehow, I actually had fun swimming with the guy I hated.

**********

Author's Note: Heyy guys, it's Lauren here. Well, then again, who else would it be? Some random serial killer that abducted my computer in return for gummy bears? I like to think so. :3

I have a job for you guys. For Kaylyn and Jack's next date, I'm too lazy to think of an idea. So, I was thinking maybe you guys could give me some different ideas? I don't want it to be just a boring ole dinner date like they had before-although they did both end up in a fountain-but I want it to be unique. After all, that is why I spelled Kaylyn's name so oddly..

Comment and/or vote and/or fan if you laughed or chuckled or think I'm amazing!;D

Oh, and I was sprayed with Axe recently after I told the guy how much I hated it. I kinda hit him after he sprayed me, but at least he now knows to never do that again. But that's how I got the inspiration of that scene.

Well...now I've run out of things to say.... Enjoy your day in which I've stolen time from! ;3

<3 you guys!! Thanks for reading!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
4.9M 217K 80
❝Hollywood is scary. She is scarier.❞ • • • The night before their marriage, Emily Pinault catches her fiancé in the act of cheating. Completely deva...
145K 12.8K 60
(Complete) It is not easy growing up with the perfect Jack Harris, especially since Ryan Harris has always been a player. He left home for college a...
159K 2.7K 25
Brynn's father sells her to his bosses son who's the highest bidder. will she fall in love with him? or end up with Ronan, her best friend's brother...