Hostages (Book 2)

By nanaedc

Which Bond Can Heal The Constantly Breaking Girl? The Completed Book 2 in the Aria Serrano Trilogies. ****Who... More

Hostages (Book 2)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
The Dinner Of Truth
*Mature 16+* Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Cast

Chapter 22

59 4 0
By nanaedc

ARIA'S POV

The day was beginning to end with the sun shining off dark orange and still Koby has logged in to nothing. Me and Niall still had the couch to ourselves and was surprisingly getting along as we ate the Chinese takeout that Zachary and Louis was so nice to pay for,I had my back on one armrest and he had his on the other and our legs were put out on front of us. I was currently resisting a laugh over his nonstop attempt to make me laugh.

Something in the back of my head was telling me that this was wrong and that I was setting a trap for myself by getting to cozy with Niall but is it even humanly possible to resist? I know that by just being around him that it opens the gate of feelings I have towards him but they're minuscule and I have a better control over them now.

Although,seeing him is making that a tad difficult. I was eating my lo mien mixed with my sesame chicken when he said. "Lets play 20 questions."

I smiled and stuck the fork in my chicken. "20 questions?"

"Yeah its the number one game people use to get to know each other."

"It's also a game that people get bored of very quickly." I said with a full mouth.

"Come on,I have tons of questions. And I know that there's a part of you who has the same."

He wasn't wrong about that and I would agree just so I'm able to ask them but by doing that I'm gonna have to participate in the questions HE asks. Not that I have anything to hide,I just think that the less the better.

 He saw that I was hesitant to answer then he said, "It could any question. About my family,what I did before all of this before I met you...even about the thing as you call sick. How it happened,when it happened,how many people gone through it with me. Absolutely any question that comes to your head."

He seems really hooked on having me say yes to playing. He never liked me asking questions so for him to give me permission to say anything that comes to mind then he must be looking for something,giving all his secrets away to get it. I twirled my fork around in the noodles before nodding my head. "I'll play."

He showed a half smile before looking out the window behind us. "Do you want to go first?"

"No,you can go."

He nodded once before looking at me. He narrowed his eyes in thought looking for a perfect question before saying, "I'm gonna start small. What's your full name?"

Sounds easy and non secret enough. "Aria Lauren Serrano. My turn."

I needed time to get all my questions in order before I asked them so I repeated his question. "What's your full name?"

"Niall James Horan. My turn. What's your favorite thing to do?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and thought to the thing I do most (before all this) and the answer should of stuck out to anyone. "Hack and pranks. What was your life like before your were known as a member of One Direction?"

"Uh,I didn't favor going to school much because of,you know. And I helped my mom around the house with my sisters but aside from not liking school I tried to associate myself with alot of people during their parties."

My eyebrows dented."Why?"

"Ah ah," he smirked "its my turn. No cheating."

I shook my head as a small smile threatened to show,he made a sound with his teeth before asking,"What is the second number one thing that you can't stand?"

"This one is easy..uh..I'll have to say,lying. When I find or stumble upon something and that person lies about it. That makes me paranoid then I can't trust them."

He nodded and hid his smile beneath a shrimp roll.

"Why did you associate yourself at their parties when you didn't even attend school?"

"People there had big egos,this goes for the boys in the group,wanted everything to revolve around them and as for the girls,I was in tenth grade at the time..they had the rebellious charts going through the roof. I did it because I wanted to break that--them. Wanted to show others that their ego was just a front and the rebellion was a mask as well. I never liked people who lie about their lives to gain popularity. And before you ask,no I did not do what I did with you to them."

So he went to the parties to ruin the status people had school wise. And I thought he was only ruthless to me.

I looked back up at him when he asked,"What do you like most about yourself?"

My eyebrows went up. "Personality wise or--"

"Anything." He put his trash in the bag next to him and took mine,disposing it as well.

I don't really look in the mirror and make a list of what I like about myself. I also changed alot so I can't look back over the years and count. And my personality is irritating at numerous points,but even though my hair is annoying in the morning and refuse to stay out my face and mouth I like the curlyness and how it bounces back to its previous hairstyle and all i have to do it comb it.

I checked my phone on the charger while saying,"I haven't got much in mind right now,but I'm gonna go with my hair."

I heard him laugh before he said, "I had a feeling we weren't going to pick the same thing. Out of all things,I like your eyes."

I looked back up at him and shrugged my eyebrows. "Yeah,you're on your own with that."

Throughout the entire time we sat here they (my eyes) have probably looked at every inch of Niall by now,and no I haven't enjoyed it. As I'm sure you guessed already my feelings towards him grew. The sudden kindness and cockiness is what more than likely triggered it to expand because that's what happened with Zachary. Well,that and his looks.

I'm ignoring them as best as I can but its becoming more difficult than before. Did I tell you that his looks changed since the day they left for tour? I told you he changed in looks but I haven't told you his hair slacked his usual quiff,looking like it was designed to be messy. His skin looked..creamer and since he kept changing his lips to grin,to smirk,to full on smile,to in between his teeth I've come to notice that they are fuller and a bright pink.

I hate myself for these feelings believe me but on the bright side,they can't compare to what I feel towards Zach.

"How many girls have you," I cleared my throat and replaced what I was gonna say "helped?"

He pursed his lips and looked like he was mentally counting before saying "20. Not including you."

That's a high number. He really has the heart and mind to 'help' 20 people?

"Why did you choose Zachary?"

I stopped my thoughts and temporarily felt uneasy,he threw me off. "What?"

"Why after everything you know he has done and after every other guy you can share your life with,why do you still pick to be with him?"

And that's why. That why this entire time he wanted to play this game,to ask me what everybody has for days on end. I answered this question over and over with the same answer,why do they keep asking? Zachary is not as bad as they are making him seem and it angers me that they still see him as the bad guy.

My chilled state went away,my hands were clenched tightly on my lap and I was biting my tongue so hard to prevent from saying the wrong words. I looked in the eyes of Niall and began to take deep breaths,he noticed the body language change and instead of showing concern which I wasn't expecting he didn't hide his small smirk when he said, "You have to answer it."

"Particularly I don't. I don't recall signing any papers or making any promises."

"When you agreed to play you agreed to play the entire game,not skip questions you weren't fond of. I answered yours now you answer mine."

"None of my questions offended you." My voice raised slightly.

"All of them offended me Aria because I don't like having to answer to you but I did it anyway. Now you have to return the favor."

"The questions I asked was based on the topics you offered!"

He shut his eyes as my loud voice went throughout the living room and catching attention from the others in the kitchen. "Don't raise your voice at me."

"I do what I want Niall. Want to know why I choose Zachary? Because he was the ONLY one who really cared about me in a very long time."

"He's obsessed with you! That's what you think but it's just a phase!" He rose his back up from his leaned sitting position.

"And what? You know what's best for me now? You know the fakes from the real people in my life?"

His eyes burned with fury and I'm sure he wanted to put a hole in a wall or through someone's face but with everyone around he wouldn't dare. "Aria you are just gonna get hurt again because you make stupid decisions by letting and giving the wrong people what they want. He doesn't care about you and if Timothy and your parents were here right now, they would be disappointed in you."

Everyone walked out of the kitchen and to the front of the couch. Asking thousands of "What's wrong?" and "Is everything okay?". I stared back at Niall and from hearing about Timothy and my parents being upset and disapproving of me made a fresh new batch of unwanted tears.

 I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of watching me break so I stood up and looked at the many confused faces. Zachary was the one to reach out to me but I moved away and pushed past everyone closing the bathroom door behind me.

*****************

Till the next episode!?

It all went downhill on question 5. Tsk,tsk,tsk. Why can't they just accept the impossibly good looking Zachary Pierce?

ENJOY!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
63.7K 2.6K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
9.9M 499K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...