Mr Grumpy - DISCONTINUED AND...

By Im_Just_That_Awkward

*** THIS IS THE OG 'MR GRUMPY' HOWEVER I AM IN THE PROCESS OF RE-WRITING IT AS A NEW BOOK, THIS CAN BE FOUND... More

Chapter 1- My Car Broke Down
Chapter 2- Those Red Velvet Cupcakes
Chapter 3- The Noble Knight.
Note.
Chapter 4- Mr Pierce Gave Us A Quickie
Chapter 6- The Cave Has V.I.P's
Chapter 7- It's A Blushing Marathon
Chapter 8- Talk About Being Grumpy
Chapter 9- Baby's Can Erupt Into Volcanoes
Chapter 10- Too Many Awkward Silences
Chapter 11- Alex Fights The Beasts
Chapter 12- His Heavenly Hugs
Chapter 13- The Dog Days Are Not Over
Chapter 14- This Cat Has Some Sassy Pants
Chapter 15- Day 1: Majestical Taco's
Chapter 16- Day 2: Those Perfect Eyebrows
Chapter 17- Day 3: A Night As A Sinner
Chapter 18- Day 4: Deja Vu's And Drunk Conversations
Chapter 19- Day 5: Sunscreen Lotions.
Chapter 20- Day 6: Blank Faces On Fleek
Chapter 21- Rainbow Smiles
Chapter 22- Arrow In Bear Beer
Chapter 23- A Cheesy Moon
Chapter 24- The Devil's Dollhouse
Chapter 25- Pretty Pumpkins
Chapter 26- The Scare
Chapter 27- Frost Bites.
Chapter 28- White Silk And Lace
Chapter 29- Frothy Bubbles.
Chapter 30- Stubbed Toes
Chapter 31- Crybaby and Filthy
overdue author's note.
UPDATE

Chapter 5- The Lone Stranger

66.3K 2.2K 968
By Im_Just_That_Awkward

Hello Beautiful Readers. Are you guys enjoying this book? I just wanted to say that when you guys vote it makes me feel all Happy!! Thought's on Mr Grumpy?

Anyway enjoy.....

Anastasia's POV

Don't you just hate it when things don't go your way? I certainly did. Especially when you had a vision on what you expected. You just feel disappointment running through your veins. 

My day was absolutely bad but there was a couple of plus side. So yeah.

My Saturday started out fine. With the sun way up high sprinkling its rays over us, birds singing their sweet melody. I had a delicious slab of the Red Velvet cake mom made yesterday. There was a great big grin plastered on my face. Everything was just dandy.

And then....

I tripped over the lawn mower, which caused my ankle to be in pain. I didn't know if it was just sprained or broken, but it hurt. I didn't even know how I tripped over it. I guess I was just checking mom's flower pots and then I tripped.

Guess what? I also locked myself out of the house, and my parents were at a horse show in town. So I couldn't call them since I didn't have a phone. So what did I do with my almost broken foot? I started to limped to Wayfield's Emergency Hospital. Okay so my ankle wasn't exactly an emergency but my foot was starting to swell up. Oh my god what if I was allergic. To what? Ankle sprains? I face palmed myself giggling at my thoughts.

I looked at the different coloured house that were on each of my sides as passed each one. I also saw a girl from school on the way. I waved my hands at Milly as I saw her coming out of her door.

"Hi Milly." I grinned and pushed my weight on the other foot. I watched her short blond hair flap in the wind as she jogged up to her fence. It was cold.

"Hey Si, are you alright?" She eyed my foot with concern. Milly was my partner in Chemistry class. She was pretty smart, so she always helped me with my work.

"Um yeah, I think I broke it or sprained it." I furrowed my brows and looked at the swelling ankle that was donned in a pair of purple unicorn flats.

"What did you do now?" She raised her brow in disbelief. She knew of my usual clumsy attacks. Well everyone did. I even think Alex knew it.

"U-Um well I tripped over the lawn mower." I mumbled out and felt my cheeks turn red. Maybe it was the wind.

"Christ. How do you manage to fall over something so big?" She giggled and I shrugged not knowing what to say. "Well do you need a ride?"

"No thank you." I didn't want her to give up her Saturday driving me around. She was too kind.

* * * *

I swear I took the wrong turn. I mean it was way past 28 minutes and I ended up in front of an alleyway. I know in movies Alleyways were suppose to be a place that was avoided. But the one in front of me didn't seem too bad.

Sure it was bit dark okay scratch that I could only see a the light from the end, but it was pretty colourful with weird writings and drawings on the walls. I think it was called tagging, well that's what Ben says.

Shrugging I walked in maybe the hospital was on the other side. The wind howled a bit louder than usual. In Wayfield it was usually sunny, hot. We never really dealt with cold winds in a very long time. I wrapped my pink jumper closer to my body hoping it would protect me from the winds. I stared at the walls of the tunnel curiously.

 As I reached halfway I heard noises from behind me. The shadows reflected on the walls. "Hello?" My voice comes out smaller than usual.

I twist around and saw a face staring back at me.  "Oh my lord man you scared me. Didn't your mama ever tell you not to creep up on people?" I pouted playfully. The man stepped closer to me who looked like he was 25. His head was shaved bald with thick tattoo patterns covering it. He had a goatee that looked as if it was trimmed with a knife. His dark brown eyes frightened me, and stared at me with interest.

"Well, well." He says making me flinch. I am not trying to be mean or anything but this guy was scary as fudge.  "What is a little girl like you doing in a place like this?" He asks me as he takes out a sharp knife.

"Woah. Do you know how dangerous knifes are? You cannot be so childish with them. You could hurt yourself and others. Would you like it if someone stabbed you with a knife? Huh? It would hurt, wouldn't it." I scold him like how my mother would.

"Hey don't tell me what to do." He growled out and I shook my head. His pale fingers tighten its hold on the knife.

"No I will, because you could of hurt someone or yourself. How irresponsible of you. You should be ashamed of yourself." I told him wiggling my finger. He stared at me in disbelief as to how I could growl at him.

Finally after a few minutes of wiggling his knife he put it in his pockets. He sighed and said, "I am sorry, its just that I don't really get to talk to people." He huffed out. A lonely expression crossed on his face making me feel sad.

"It's okay, come here." I motioned him since I didn't really wanna move because of my ankle. He looked at me and then stood closer. I did the best thing I could do in this situation.

I hugged him.

Okay he didn't smell too good but everyone needs a hug one in a while. His arms dangled at his sides; obviously feeling awkward. I tightened my tiny arms making him take a breathe  in.

I removed  my arms from him and he sighed, "Thank you." He mumbled out shyly.

"Oh it's okay." Now that the knife was away he looked slightly less frightening. I grinned almost sheepishly, "Can you help find the Emergency Centre?"

Almost immediately I felt his eyes analysing, "Are you hurt?" He moved back a bit as if he wasn't comfortable with our distance.

"Oh no, um well it isn't really an emergency, my ankle hurt. I may or may have not tripped over a lawn mower." I felt embarrassed to say it, with the sentence out in the open the guy laughs. His voice was the only noise heard in the alleyway.

"Christ girl, how did you manage that?" It almost felt as if I was talking to Milly. I shrugged my arms up, and then raised my brow at the question that I had originally asked.

"But yeah. It's at the end of this alleyway." I squealed at his remark. "Are you okay?" The stranger looked at me wildly, he probably think you escaped the mental institution.

"Sorry. It's just that I was right. I knew that the hospital was this way."

"Little one, don't ever come through alleyways, not everyone is as nice as me." He blushed faintly as if he was shy that he cared for a stranger. Awhh he was a big softy.

"Little one?" I questioned giggling at the childish nickname. 

He shrugged, "Yeah, you're little." He patted my head as if I was a dog. 

"Hey! Do not ever bring my height into this conversation. Ever." I emphasise the Ever part. I wiggle my index at him making he chuckle.

"Sorry little one, but I can't take you seriously with the unicorn shoes," He pointed at my cute trendy shoes.

"Excuse me, my grandma bought this for my birthday last year," I replied running a hand through my hair.

"You are very odd." He grinned at me with his hands in his pockets.

It actually took me a few seconds to come up with a decent comeback. "Well you are very even." Okay it was a pretty lame excuse for a comeback. "That wasn't a very great comeback was it?" I asked him though I knew what the answer was.

"No not at all little one." He shakes his head and I begin to pout.

"Um so can you do me a favour?" I knew I was gonna ask a lot especially to a stranger.

"Depends on what." He cocked his head to the side curiously.

"Can you give me a piggy back ride?"

* * * *

"Thank you so much..." I furrowed my brows in frustration. Woah you get a free piggy back ride and you don't ask for his name? Silly Billy.

"Blade. That's my name, and you are.." I winced at his name, that is such harsh name. What a bold choice for his parents.

"My name is Anastasia but you can call me, Ana, Annie, Anne, Sia, Si oh and you can call me A. " I practically memorised this sentence. He looked impressed that I said it so fluently.

"Whoa that's a lot of options, but ill call you little one. See you around." He waved at me and disappeared into the crowds of people swarming through the entrance. I grinned at my new found friend and climbed up the steps flinching every time my swollen foot made contact with the steps.

"Hello Felicity can I speak to Dr Yonks?" I asked the receptionist. Felicity knew me for all of my life literally. She worked at the hospital for almost 26 years. And as you couldn't tell, I was a victim of constant clumsy attacks. With her dark grey hair bouncing behind her and hazel eyes she always offered me a cookie or something.

"Darling, what have you done this time? You haven't been here in 2 weeks, that's a record." She gasped as she placed her grey phone on the counter.

"I kinda tripped over the lawn mower and my ankle is hurting." I pouted as I stared at my foot, eww it looked all red. My foot looked as if it was pushed into a shoe 3 times smaller than it was supposed to be.

"Darling I don't know how you do this everytime." She tsks at me before picking up her phone again. I take a second to look at the waiting room which looked full as a 2 seater car with 9 people in it.

 I spotted a cute pregnant women sitting with her husband. He whispered something in her ear and all of a sudden her face looked like she was dipped in tomato sauce. She whacked him in his left eye making him hiss in pain. Well look at that, they have another reason as to why he is at the hospital.

"Darling," Felicity called out shaking me out of my staring, "Here darling." She handed me a lime green lollipop. Beaming I took it from her grasp. Wasting no time I ripped the wrapper off and popped it into my mouth.

"Thank you felicity." I grinned and walked to the empty seat in the corner. Just as I sat down I heard my name being called. Looking up I stared into a pair of caramel eyes. Those eyes belonged to Dr Yonks. His light grey hair that fell onto his shoulder making him look a bit more scarier than he should. He was Filipino and always had a smile plastered onto his face. The wrinkles around his mouth showed me how much laughter he had with Dad. See Dr Yonks is my Dad's best friend since high school.

"Anna, what brings you here." He said pushing up his red rimmed glasses on his nose.

"Hello, well um I hurt my ankle." I felt silly all over again with my heated cheeks giving it out again. His laugh was one of the noises I heard in the crowd.

"Okay lets take a look."

With a look from him I limped down the wall all the way to his bleached white office.

* * * *

So it turned out that my ankle was only sprained. He gave me some medicine for the swelling and pain. Yeah so I wasn't like turning into a werewolf or anything. Because you know how werewolves bones start breaking before their transformation? Yeah that's what I am talking about. But it would have been cool if I was a werewolf then I could be bigger than others and not be little. Bu-

"Oww my nose." I groaned out when I crashed into the wall. Guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Then arms held me before I crashed down. Confused as a headless chicken I moved my gaze. Gasping I quickly moved back trying to regain my balance due to my injured foot."Oh my lord I am so sorry J-Jasper. If I knew you weren't a wall then I wouldn't have bumped into you." I covered my mouth after that.

"So you would have bumped into a wall?" He raised his perfect brows up in the air with a smirk planted on his smooth face. I gaped at him. Oh my god he was talking to me.

"I like Camels." I randomly blurted out loud. I watched him erupt into a fit of laughter. Oh my god way to embarrass yourself in front of  Jasper Hendricks aka Mr Grumpy's maybe friends/ house mate?

"You're funny. I like you."

"Um sorry but I don't like you in that way, I don't know you for long and plus my friend Bet-"

"Hold on. Back up. Ana I didn't mean it that way." His lips tugged up a bit making me sigh in relief. I couldn't like him especially with the whole Bethany drama.

"Oh good. So wh- wait a minute." I moved back and held my palm out in disbelief. "You know my name?"

"Yeah." He drags the word out as he stares at me. "You have been in my maths class for 3 years now." He raised his brow.

"Really?" I gaped at him before wiggling my arms out.  How come I never noticed him before?

"Yes really." He shook his head with his hands sliding into his pockets. "But yeah I am seeing my baby sister. She had an asthma attack. " A dark cloud covered his face and I gasped.

"Oh that's horrible," I felt a bit bad, since my cousin Nancy had extreme asthma attacks. I remembered once when she was at my house and all of a sudden her asthma kicks in. Good gravy potatoes I was scared, lucky dad is a doctor.

"Yeah, but she's fine now. They just have to run a couple of tests on her." His eyes had adoration as he spoke of her. He must really love her.

"Who is her Doctor?" I asked as we began to move down the hallway, my foot felt a bit better, the swelling had gone down a bit. Making it okay to step on it.

"Oh Dr Wilkson." He said and I grinned foolishly.

"Oh my greatness, that's my dad." I beamed proudly at him running my hand through my hair. I tried to untangle the knots in my hair, which was all from the wind and all.

"Really? You're Dr Wilkson's daughter?" He questioned and I nodded eagerly, I was pretty proud of dad. He worked mostly in the Children's ward. 

I stared at him creepily and he raised his brow. I really wanted to say something about Mr Grumpy, like was he his friend? Were  they brothers ? Are they related? Why is he so scary? Does Mr Grumpy actually live there? Did Mr Grumpy like Jasper? Does he talk? Does he d-

"Hey. Are you okay? You look constipated." He furrowed his brow and squinted at my face. I gasped and felt the heat return to my cheeks.

"Yeah, this is my thinking face." I looked down quite offended but tried not to show what I felt on my face. 

"Oh sorry." He mocked me and chuckled.

"Yeah," I muttered out still looking at the white floors that I stepped on. The walk turned silent. I mean I was overreacting, I know he was joking but It hurt a little bit. And I think he noticed it.

"Listen I'm sorry." He stated out after a few seconds of silence.  I brought my gaze up to his face and smiled when I saw him smile.

"It's fine. I was overreacting." I told him. "Um by any chance do you know Mr Grump- I mean Adrian Miles?" I turned shy all of a sudden.

He looked at me in disbelief. "Why do you want to know about Adrian?" His eyes looked at me suspiciously.

"Uh... U-Um I just wanted to know some things about my f-friend." I stuttered out nervously and played with my fingers.

"He's your friend?" He eyed me in shock, like it was hard to believe it.

"Um Yes." Well not by choice seeing as how I forced him to be my friend.

He whistled out and shook his head. Then all of a sudden he began to smirk as if he had an idea. Immediately I felt his hands grip on my arms forcing a squeal to escape my body.

"Do you wanna go to the cave?"

I didn't even get a chance to answer the question because I was suddenly over Jasper Hendricks's shoulder.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

How was this chapter, it was a bit boring. Hopefully the next one will be better.

QOTD: What is your favourite song at the moment?

Mine is Rolling Stones- The Weeknd.

Don't forget to

Vote

Comment

Follow

-Gigi♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.3K 2.2K 19
BEWARE: I recommend reading my story "Fighting for Him" instead of this one as This was my first story and it's not very good so please be kind and i...
359K 7.6K 32
"So you like cuddling with me?" she asks me "if I say yes can I cuddle you more?" I ask her "No" she says to me "Then no I don't like cuddling with...
65 12 20
***New book 2024*** Anastasia Marron moved in with the Pierce's family, due to her grandmother having to go out of the states for five months or more...
140K 1.2K 8
"Now, Gary. I understand that you're twenty-four. But I need you to train in restraining your sexual desire, you're not a horny teenager. So, we will...