Rogue and Alpha

By alandra_01

Lex is a rogue wolf by birth and her parents left her when she was fourteen in the capeable hands of one of h... More

Rogue and Alpha
part two
part three
part four
Part five
part Six
Part Seven
Part eight
part nine
part Ten
Part Eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
Authors note
Part Fifteen
Part 16
Help me out my fellow readers
part seventeen
Part eighteen
Part 19
Authors note
Authors note
Sequel update
Its out!!!

Part fourteen

29.5K 733 57
By alandra_01

Lex's POV

I looked at her as she entered the room. She had something in her hands that looked like a book.

"Kat, why are you here?" I asked as she walked passed me. I gently rested my hand on her shoulder and was surprised when I heard a deep growl leave Chases lips. Mica was in front of me within seconds and he blocked my view.

"Let me make this clear boy, you do not growl or threaten my mate."

"Then tell her not to touch what is mine." It was Chase that spoke, but it didn't sound like him exactly. My guess was it was his wolf that was surprised that I had stopped Kat from going to him. I looked around Mica and saw  Chase about to get out of bed.

"Chase, stay in bed, your still hurt." I said as I walked around Mica and was stopped at an arms length from Mica. I looked back at Mica and warned him with a glare. Yes I was his mate, yes I trusted him, and yes I understood he only did that out of fear, but I also didn't want to be told what to do just yet.

"His wolf is in control. Let Kat talk to him, okay." His words were meant to be a question but they almost came out as an order. I sighed, he was right, Kat was going to be the only one that could calm his wolf down and keep him from getting hurt anymore. I turned to Kat and nodded my head towards Chase and she looked at him with a sort of mystery in her eyes and a deep emotion I didn't understand.  She stepped closer to him and then quickly turned and handed me the book that I had forgotten about the moment she walked in.

"Missy said you would need this. Or was it Ashleigh?" The last bit she said off to the side, but the whole sentence seemed like she was in a haze. I took the book and Mica rested his hand on my shoulder and walked us out of the room. I looked down at the book, and read the cover. Well, more like looked over the cover. It only had one word on the deep red cover. the word was in  Purblood but after a moment of looking at it I saw the words form into something I understood. The one single word on the cover wrote out the simple word, "Diary". I let the book hang in my hand as I leaned into Mica. He looked at me as I did and I could feel him smile as he wrapped his arm around me. We walked all the way to our room and once we got it Mica shut the door and as I set the book down I heard him lock the door. I turned to him and he had already made his way over to me. I was about to ask him why he locked the door, but I took in the air around me and I could smell his lust coating the air. He reached out and wrapped me tightly in his arms and berried his nose in my hair, taking a deep breath as he did and I smiled as I felt warm. I wrapped my arms around him and I took in his sent.

"I thought I was going to loose you today, Lex. It scared me so much to think that my mate would be gone. That I would never be able to hold you again, or smell you when you would sneak up on me. I don't think I could of lived without you next to me. Sleep would of been torture without you by me. I need you more then the air I breath." He paused and berried his head in the crook of my neck and started to suck on my mark. I sighed at the pleasure that flowed through me at the moment. I held him closer. He shifted his arms so that he could pick me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist as he walked us to the bed. His lips traveled up my neck and passed my jaw. He kissed my eyes, my nose, both of my cheeks and then he kissed my lips with more passion then necessary as he layed on top of me. I kissed back and ran my fingers through his hair, curling it in my fingers, most likely making knots form in it. His hands traveled down my sides reaching for the hem of my shirt. At that moment the world could of gone into WW III and I wouldn't of cared. I needed this, and until I felt his hand on my bare stomach reaching under my shirt I didn't know how I could of gone so long without him doing this to me. I wanted-no I needed this. I laid there under his warm body enjoying every tingle I got from his touch, every kiss he so hungrily gave me, and every moan he made when I touched his bare chest to remove the thin layer of fabric that seemed to annoy me for just being over him. He pulled away from me so I could take the stupid shirt off, and as he leaned down again he whispered into my ear as I felt his hands find the hem of my pants.

"I love you more then anything in this world, can you promise me that you will stay with me forever?" He asked as his hands worked on the zipper of my pants. I smiled.

"As long as I have breath in my body and a beat in my heart I will only love you. And as for stay with you, you couldn't scare me away if you tried." He smiled against my cheek and then rested his head against my forehead with his eye's closed and a smile on his lips.

"Can I make love to you?" He asked with a slight shake. I smiled and kissed him.

"You don't have to ask." He laughed slightly and smiled.

Chases POV 

 I looked at the girl that stood in front of me and I needed to know why my wolf decided to get so angry at Lex for just keeping her away from me. She was the most beautiful girl i had ever seen. She had long hair and deep eyes that I got lost in as she looked at me with longing in them. A small smiled played on her lips as she walked over to me. I felt her emotion of surprise and something else I couldn't quite understand.

"Hi," She barely said as she sat at the end of the bed. I sat up strait feeling myself get stronger with her just next to me.

"Whats....your....name...?" I tried to ask the question without taking a breath,but even with her here it hurt so much just to breath.

"Most people call me Kat. Who are you?" She asked so eager to know me, yet so couscous as if I was too fragile to talk to.

"Chase." I said quickly as I looked at her again.

"Do you know what we are?" I looked at her with a glint of question.

'Mates! She's our soul mate, our other half, the one that I have been waiting for!' I felt a small voice in my head say. I took a quick intake of breath, and moaned in pain.

"I think your wolf does." She said as she reached out her hand and touched mine. Slight tingles ran from her touch and up my arm. I moaned with pleasure as she smiled. I Shook my head, and for some reason I felt the need to be closer to me, for her to be in my arms and have her safe from anyone else. I moved my hand so I could hold her hand and bring her closer to me. She smiled as she shifted her weight on the bed and moved so she was laying on my chest. I felt the pressure on my chest as unbearable, but then her being so close to me made me feel less pain. I felt a slight vibration in my chest, and the girl named Kat chuckled as she sighed and closed her eyes. I closed mine and just took the moment in, hoping it would last forever.

Exavier's POV

I shut the door behind me and shook my head. That wolf in there was crazy. He was mentally unstable, and a silver strait jacket would do him good. I couldn't kill him yet, Mica told me not to, only to figure out what he was planning, but boy oh boy was it so hard to not just slit his throat and have an end to the madness.

"So your the x-hunter then?" I looked up to see a tall man looking me in the eye. I smiled and placed my knife back in its holster.

"Well, in all actuality I was never a hunter, it was my parents. Before I knew about wolves I befriended one and then one night he shows me he's a wolf, I love the idea and I felt like I was closer to him then before. But sadly I got too close and my parents found out. After I watched them kill my best friend, I couldn't seem to see them the same way as before. I would protect any wolf I met from the crazy hunters who thought that you and your kind were deemed unsuitable to live."

"Our kind?" He asked with a smirk on his face as he crossed his arms.

"Well you think your better then normal humans right? And normal humans don't get the cool ability to change into a wolf." He looked at me with a thoughtful look.

"I am Evan, Mica's second in command here." he held out his hand and I smiled.

"Exavier, if you would like call me Hunter, it is my middle name." He laughed as he shook my hand firmly.

"Speak of the devil, where is Mica?" We started to walk out of the building and locking the door behind him.

"We just got back."

"From?"

"Some crazy human decided that they wanted to take Lex, and one of the crazy wolves that I said we shouldn't let go was the one in charge of the whole thing." I looked at him with shock. He smiled and looked strait ahead.

"Don't worry, Lex is back and safe and sound. Though I have to say the young wolf that saved our Luna was shot."

"Oh dear lord, is he okay?" I asked only hoping that he didn't die.

"He'll be fine. His wolf is healing him fast. Though when he found out that he was a wolf, it kind of scared him half to death." I sighed a laugh.

"If I changed into a giant furry beast then I would be freaking out too." Evan laughed as we walked into the house. The place was dead. Not a soul in sight.

"Where is everyone?" I asked as I looked around.

"My guess asleep. I mean it is 12," he looked down at his watch, "12:17. I best be getting to bed too, seeing as we have a long week ahead of us."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked as he walked us towards the stares.

"We have to get rid of the bag of flees out there," He pointed to the back door as he spoke, "We have to accept the new wolf into the pack, figure out what we are going to do with you and then..." He trailed off as he lifted his head. I looked around to see what he was looking for. A deep growl left his lips as he looked back towards the door.

"Damn." He said as he rushed to the back of the house. I followed quickly behind. He led me to the old shed thing again and I watched trying to see what he saw. From the corner of my eye I saw something move. I quickly removed my knifes from their hiding spots as I looked for the blur.

"Well, well  well, what do we have here? A human?" I turned around and and saw a dark figure walk towards me. I cursed the dark night.

"Looks like I have a rogue wolf here." I said as I hid my knifes hoping he didn't notice them.

"Is Mica getting soft? I mean why would he ever let a human on his land, in his house, or better yet, how could he not notice a rogue on his land."

"Well, if you leave now I won't tell him he slipped up." the man started to circle and I could see the moon glinting off of his teeth.

"What, and not see him get angry at himself? What's the fun in that? And besides I came for someone. So if you would just get out of my way I can get him and go." He started heading to the shed that held Isaiah. I stepped in his path and a deep chuckle left his lips.

"You do know that I could rip you to shreds right?'

"Your a rogue, you have less control over yourself, I bet you could, but not until I had my fair chance to kill you myself." he rolled his head back and barked out a laugh.

"Funny story human. You couldn't even get a hit on me." I smiled.

"Lets have a go. You win you get to walk away with Isaiah, you loose and, well you die."

" I win three things in this you do know that?" I smiled standing waiting for the impact that would come. He smiled and charged aiming for my chest. I quickly side stepped and watched him fall to the ground. He looked up at me confused and quickly got up and charged again, trying to catch me off guard. I quickly whipped my hand around and sliced his chest as he passed. The closeness of the attack and the pressure behind the blade made the blade scrape his rip cage. He howled in pain and fell to the ground. He was facing away from me as he stood. His shirt was drenched in blood  staining it a crimson color and giving the air a rusty smell. He looked down at his hand and then I watched as his eyes changed to anger and fear all rolled into one. He yelled as he charged me one last time and I was ready. I didn't move as he ran into me. In my hands were the blades and they were right in front of me as he rammed into my chest. I stepped back and looked at his face. Shock. Pain. Despair. He dropped to his knees as his hand cupped the knives, too weak to grab them. I knelt down next to him and rested my hand on his shoulder.

"You know what's on those? Better yet, what they are made of? Silver. I can see you feel it now. The knives embedded in you as your blood flows over them, trying to heal it, but it can't, because your body can't get rid of it on it's own." Small gasps started to leave his lips as his face started to change to a pail color. He looked over to me.

"Who...who are...you?" I stood and smiled down at him.

" I am Exavier, an ex-hunter." He looked at me with shock. His body couldn't support him anymore as he fell to the ground. I watched as the last few breaths left his body. I knelt down and whispered in his ear.

"I guess I win the bet." his eyes widened as he fell into unconsciousness.

"I thought you said you were never a hunter?" Evan asked. I pulled the knifes out of the lifeless body that lay in front of me, and wiped them off.

"You think I would tell them I was never a hunter? What fun is that? I enjoy watching their faces when they hear hunter. They get scared and start to panic." He looked at me side ways.

"You know your crazy right?" He asked as we knelt down and felt for a pulse. There was one I could tell you that. He looked up at me annoyed.

"Did you really have to kill him?"

"You heard the bet. Besides he was after that lunatic in the cell. I don't think you would of wanted that rogue to get him out. I should of killed him but, sadly, I can't. You know it must suck to be a wolf."

"And why is that?"

"If your alpha wanted you to do something you have no choice." Evan laughed.

Lex's POV

I sighed as I reached over and felt for Mica. His side was cold and empty. I sighed as I got up keeping the covers around my body. Sure I s a wolf but that doesn't mean I'm always warm. I sighed as I went to the bathroom and turned the hot water on. Last night was great, just like every time before. I loved Mica and nothing could change that. As the hot water ran over my body a thought entered my mind. I know it was more of a human thought, but it still traveled across my mind. A wedding. I mean not every mate got married by human standards. If a wolf found his/her other half they were considered already married after they mated, but to the human community it was wrong. They believed that they had to be married by a man before anything else. My mother got married to my father soon after they first mated, and I wondered if I would get the chance to wear that white dress, hold that beautiful bundle of flowers, or look into Mica's eyes as he said I do and slipped the small gold ring on my finger. I sighed as the water started to go cold. I turned it off and stepped out and wrapped a towel around my body.

"You know, you alway's did leave your door open when you took a shower at home." I quickly turned to see my father standing there. I sighed as I held the towel closer to my chest.

"Daddy you scared me."

I'm sorry beautiful. You must of been thinking really hard about something." I smiled and looked back over to my reflection. My hair was wet and in a mess my skin just a slight pail color, but my eyes were bright as they looked back at me.

"What were you thinking of dear?" He asked as I saw his figure walk into my view.

"Why did you and mom get married?" I asked as he rested his hands on my shoulders and slowly worked out the knots that were in my back.

"We lived in a town with a small pack and a lot of humans. Not like this town. Humans saw our relations as something 'sinful' because we weren't lawfully married. Your mothers best friend was human and she would alway's tell your mom how we needed to get married before we did anything we would regret. They don't realize that we would never leave each other, or that we would die before we did something with someone that we weren't mated to. So we got married. Such a hassle, your mother loved and hated it. She thought it was romantic, but after we had gotten married she said it was pointless. She knew I wouldn't leave her for another woman, or that I would decide that I no longer loved her."

"I don't understand human traditions. They can't just stay with their soul mates without looking at another person the same way?"

"They can't feel it like we do. Some humans can though, its different to them then it is to us. They don't feel the pull that we do, but they can tell when it is meant to be sometimes. Their hearts just don't feel the love like ours do." I turned around and smiled at my father. I had his eyes and my mothers hair.

"I love you daddy." I said as I wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me.

"You to baby girl." I smiled. From the door way I heard a low growl. I looked to see Mica looking at us with a look of anger, until he saw who I was giving a hug to.

"Mica, I didn't hear you come in."

Yeah, sorry babe, I didn't mean to interrupted your guy's talk."

"No son, it's okay I understand. I would of done the same thing if I was your age again and saw my mate hugging a man I didn't recognize at first too. Well, I know you have something to talk to her about, so I will leave you two alone right now." My dad smiled and kissed the top of my head and walked out of the room passed an anxious Mica.

"You okay Mica?" He smiled as he walked over to me and replaced the spot my father was in a couple of moments before.

"I just missed you, so I decided to come up and wake you up, but I see you already woke up."

"Mica?"

"Hhmmm?" He hushed into my hair as he took a breath.

"I love you." I said as I looked up to his face. He looked down at me and smiled.

"I know, and I love you too."

"Did your parents get married? You know, like how humans do?"

"No, but my dad gave my mother a wedding band, and she got him one, it makes it seem okay to the humans and it is what we believe as well. Just because human law doesn't say we are married doesn't mean we aren't. Why do you ask?"

"Oh I was just thinking about it. My parents got married you know. They lived in a town full of humans though."

"Is that what you were talking about with your father?" He asked as he pulled away and led me to the bed.

"Yeah, I just wanted to know what it meant to them. My dad said that my mom said it wasn't the most important thing. I just was thinking about it." He sat down and I sat on his lap resting my head onto his chest.

"Maybe after all of this crazy stuff is done we can go shopping for some rings, if that's what you want?" I looked up at him and his face was serious.

"You mean it?" I asked looking for the jest in his eye's, but there wasn't any.

"I mean it, if you want, once all this is over and done with I want to take you to get a ring." I looked at him and out of the corner of my eye I felt a tear start to form. I rested my head against his chest again as I closed my eye's.

"I love you so Much." I said as he wrapped his arms around me.

***

Oooooo. Yeah I know cliff hanger. OMG! yeah get use to them people.

Comment

Vote

Share

ALA: I love you all! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
338K 12.1K 29
Katie Knight found her mate at the age of 16 and were madly in love. But when he dies after a rogue attack he makes her promise that she will find so...
1.8M 47K 34
"My heart palpitated in my chest as my eyes settled on the beast of the man, my mate, his lips curled away from his teeth and he snarled at anyone wh...
1.5M 53.1K 32
( WARNING I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 12 READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ) Sadness.Hate.Anger.Pain. That's all the feeling Maria feels. Her pack abuses her m...