Nothing's Ever Easy [BoyxBoy]

Per SuckedInByBooks

[COMPLETED] Travis Dawn's life has never been easy. Living in the shadow of your best friend is tough, but he... Més

Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 1
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 2
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 3
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 4
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 5
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 7
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 8
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 9
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 10
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 11
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 12
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 13
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 14
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 16
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 18
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 19
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 20
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 21
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 22
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 23
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 24
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 25
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 26
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 27
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 28
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 29
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 30 [Final]

Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 6

3.8K 133 28
Per SuckedInByBooks

So, after nearly 2 weeks, i bring you chapter 6 :)

I've taken the liberty of making the first part Evelyn's POV. i thought that you as readers should of course get to know her as well.

The pic is of our Landon ;)

The video link is Finally Found You by Enrique Iglesias :D

ENJOOOOOOOOY!!

comment, vote, promote...etc

~Evelyn~

I growled in annoyance as my phone beeped for the tenth time in the past hour. At this point all I wanted to do was throw it against the person who was causing this- Adrian’s- head.  I stared at the screen and bit my lip, thinking of what to reply.

Evelyn, please answer my calls or texts. Do something. I can’t sit here idle while you keep thinking that what we did was wrong. I sighed as I continued to read. You said you like me…is that not true anymore? Please, reply.

-Adrian

That bastard! I could clearly see that he was trying to manipulate me. How could he use the fact that I liked him as a way to draw me in? That actually made sense, but couldn’t he find an alternative?

With a deep breath, I dialed Adrian’s number and waited for him to answer.

“Evelyn, you finally decided to call.” I heard him sigh in relief.

“Why do you keep texting me? I told you where I stand on this topic.” I said sternly.

“I know, but I chose not to listen.” He was being insistent. “Evelyn, I told you it wasn’t your fault. I don’t kiss ay random person that crosses my path, so obviously I kissed you for a reason.”

“I refuse to be your rebound. You were confused about the break-up and I was the closest person who you could let the steam off on.” as I said this, I shook my head.

“That kiss happened over three days ago. I would say that that would have been enough time for me to get over my confusion.” I could sense that smug smile on lips.

I chose to remain quiet. A part of me believed him when he said that things were really over between him and Mary Alice. This was my chance; I could just leap in and be happy. Why wasn’t I taking that chance?

“A chance is all I’m asking for.” He pleaded. “Just one; if you don’t like what happens after that then you wouldn’t have to talk to me for as long as I live.”

“You’re older than me.” I tried.

“Age is irrelevant.”

“You’re my brother’s best friend.”

“He knows I’ll never do anything to harm someone he loves.”

“You’ll leave me. We’ll never see each other again.” I was trying really hard to make him change his mind. “You’ll always be ahead of me; I wouldn’t be able to keep up.”

I’ll be waiting then.” I smiled. “Even if you can’t answer now, tell me you’ll think about it.”

“Okay.” I whispered.

“So you’ll think about it?” he sounded hopeful.

“No.” I shook my head even though he couldn’t see. I heard his sharp intake of breath. “I’ll give you a chance.”

“You will? That’s great.” My grin got bigger. “We’ll start off without something small; I’ll pick you up for school tomorrow.”

“That’s hardly small.” I joked.

“I know. It’s pretty late though. I should let you get to bed.” I silently agreed with him. “Good night Evelyn. See you at 7:30 tomorrow morning.”

“Good night Adrian.” I clicked the phone off and lay back down on my bed. Eleanor was already fast asleep. I was surprised that she hadn’t woken up in the middle of the phone call.

I let out a contented sigh and put my phone on the nightstand before switching off my night light. I closed my eyes and willed myself to sleep. Tomorrow would definitely be a great day.

I was packing the last of my books into my bag when I heard a car honking outside. I ran to the foyer and saw Travis looking out the window. That was one thing that I forgot to tell him; his best friend was picking me up for school.

“Crap! I forgot to tell Adrian not to pick me up today.” He said as he moved to open the door.

“Travis, he’s not here to pick you up.” I said softly.

“What?” he asked as he pulled the door open.

“Hey Travis.” Adrian said smiling as he entered the house. “Evelyn, are you ready to go?” I couldn’t do anything else but nod.

“What are you talking about? She always walks to school.” Travis narrowed his eyes at us. “Adrian, would you care to explain this to me.”

“Certainly.” I couldn’t believe that the fool still had that stupid smile on his face. “After Mary Alice and I broke up I found out that Evelyn over here likes me and I thought that we’d be good together.”

“That’s it?” my eyes widened in surprise. “So you just thought that you could use my little sister for a fling? Is this your way of trying to make Mary Alice jealous?”

“Uh, that came out wrong” Adrian said before clearing his throat and rubbing his hand nervously at the back of his neck. “What I meant to say was that I like your sister and I hope that things between us would work.”

“I think you’re forgetting one important detail.” Travis said causing me to look at him since I was watching Adrian the entire time. “She’s sixteen, and who gave you permission to date her?”

“Excuse me?” I asked with my hands on my hips.

“I needed to ask for your permission?”

“No. Travis, you know Adrian well enough to know that he’s a good guy. Stop acting like my dad and act like a supportive brother.” I moved to stand next to Adrian.

“So this is happening huh?” I nodded. “Well then, if you’re sure. And Adrian, I don’t need to tell you what I’ll do to you if you hurt her, right?”

“You’ll chop my dick off while I’m still alive and feed it to a dog and let me live long enough just to see the situation go down.” Adrian said firmly. I could hear the shudder in his voice. I cringed myself.

“So we’re in agreement.” We were alerted to another honk coming from outside.

I turned my head and saw Landon’s black sports car parked in front of our house. I looked at Travis with a smirk on my face.

“I think the wrong person was given a lecture on which people they could and couldn’t pick up.” Adrian said. “What the hell, Travis?”

Travis just shrugged and we all walked outside. I smiled at Landon when he waved at me and at the same time prayed to God that Adrian wouldn’t cause any trouble.

“Morning.” Landon said nonchalantly.

“What are you doing here?” Adrian stepped forward.

“Picking Travis up. I thought that part was rather obvious.” He said with a smug smile. “I see you have a passenger for yourself. Now that we’re all settle, we’d better get going. Wouldn’t want to be late. Race you there?”

“No.” Travis and I both said at the same time. “We’ll drive at a normal speed. It wouldn’t look good if you got pulled over. You too, Adrian.”

“Jeez, a person can tell you’re related. Disadvantages of dating a Dawn. They’re always so careful.” Adrian joked. The only reason I didn’t slap him was because it wasn’t the first time he joked about us being ‘careful’.

“Uh, we’re not, there’s nothing, it’s not like that.” Travis stammered.

“What Travis is trying to say is, we’re not together. Not for a lack of trying on my part.” Landon said stepping in. “But I’m close to breaking that barrier of yours, aren’t I babe?”

Travis blushed and looked down at his shoes. “We should go.”

We all agreed and went to our respective rides. I was thankful that Adrian had tried to do anything. He also chose not to talk about Travis and Landon on the way to school, opting to annoy me about dates and the like.

The ride was okay, it was the arriving at school part that was sending shivers down my side. As Adrian pulled into his parking spot I saw Mary Alice standing outside with her group of friends, waiting for him. I slid down the seat a bit and covered my face with my hands.

“Hey, don’t do that. She can’t do anything to you.” Adrian said removing my hands from my face. “You’re with me. You’re basically untouchable.”

“You’re popular and so is she. Whether we’re together or not, she can still get to me. she knows everyone.” I said softly.

“She wouldn’t dare.” He glared in her direction. “I’ll walk you to class okay?”

I nodded and my eyes widened when he reached over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I reached up to my cheek where I could still feel the kiss lingering.

We got out of the car and I heard collective gasps from all around. “Already replaced Mary Alice, I see. Wow, and it only took you the weekend.” One of her friends said.

“I didn’t replace her. I just found someone who I’d rather spend my time with, who wouldn’t waste it.” Adrian said putting an arm around my waist.

We started walking towards the doors and people gave way to us as we passed them. I felt someone grab my arm before I was pulled back, out of Adrian’s grip.

“You’re going to pay for this, home wrecker. You’ll see.” Mary Alice whispered.

I gulped at her words. Adrian pulled me back to his side. “Leave her alone. What did she tell you?”

“Nothing weird.” I said quickly. “It’s understandable. They all think I stole you from her.”

“You kind of did.” he joked.

“What?”

“I’m just kidding Evelyn. Live a little.” He winked at me and we continued to walk to my class.

The words Mary Alice whispered in my ear were still loud and vivid as if she’d been saying it this entire time. Was she threatening me? She couldn’t have. I didn’t want to get involved in their spat. Unfortunately, right now, I was the main course.

***

~Landon~

I flicked the pen against the side of my head as I thought of what to write in my essay. I had the topic sorted; Writers in the 20th Century, all I need to do was do some research on the contents. I couldn’t help but let my thoughts stray in the direction of the other night. I really wasn’t lying to Travis when I told him that I didn’t remember but I recall what happened earlier that night.

I was kind of glad that Adrian stepped in, as much as I hate admitting that. If he hadn’t stopped me, I didn’t know how far I would have gone. I stopped flicking my pen as I remembered that I didn’t actually apologize to Travis for that. I made a mental note to apologize to him the next time I saw him.

I heard the faint sound of the bell ringing and moved to pack my things only to be stopped by someone putting their hand on my books. I looked up and saw none other than Adrian staring back at me.

“Yes, can I help you with anything?” I asked moving his hands out of the way.

“I’ve noticed that you haven’t backed off from Travis yet.” He said.

“I see you added a ‘yet’ in there as if I was planning on doing so.” He narrowed his eyes at me. “I’ve told him what my intentions are and I believe I told you as well. It would do me well if you would back off.”

“He’s my best friend. I’d like him to know that I have his back. Besides, what you did last weekend didn’t seem like you were taking things slow.” He glared at me.

“I plan to apologize to him for that.” I picked up my books and flung my bag over my shoulder. “If you’d excuse me Adrian, but I don’t think you have a say in this given with the way you’ve decided to snatch up Travis’ younger sister.”

“I’m not playing with her.” He said quickly.

“And whoever said that I was playing with Travis?” I stated before walking out of the classroom.

It didn’t take me long to find Travis. He was sitting on a bench with his legs folded beneath him, reading a book. I smiled at how peaceful he looked. I stopped in my tracks as I saw a guy go up to Travis.

They spoke for a few minutes and he handed something to Travis before walking off. I furrowed my brows and walked over to Travis.

“Hey.” He looked up at me and smiled in return before scooting over a bit.

“The bell rang ages ago. I was waiting for you.” he closed his book and put it in his bag.

“You seemed to have company of your own.” I said softly.

“What?” he looked confused for a moment before realization struck him. “Oh, you mean Brock?”

“Yes, him.” I spat out.

“Wow, Landon, I could swear that you’re jealous.” He chuckled. “Wait, are you?”

“N-no, why would I be?” I stammered. “He gave you something. What was it?”

Travis raised his eyebrows. “His number.”

“Why?” I could help but ask.

“He wants us to go on a date this coming Friday and he thought that I should have something where I can contact him.”

“A date with Brock. Y-yea, that sounds uh, delightful.” I said quickly.

“I was joking, Landon.” Travis laughed. “They’re forming a study group and he wanted to know if I’d like to join. I told him that I’d think about it.”

I had no right to feel jealous. If someone else wanted to date Travis, I couldn’t do anything unless Travis felt as though he was being forced. I growled inwardly at my cowardice. I wanted Travis and I wanted him now. I was so afraid of him rejecting me again that I haven’t asked him out again. Sure, I’ve hinted at things and my sexual innuendos haven’t stopped but nowadays he joked along with me instead of getting annoyed. I was moving towards being friend-zoned quicker than I liked.

“Landon, are you okay?” Travis said shaking my arm a bit. I nodded. “You seem a bit upset. Did I say something? I was just kidding, with what I said about Brock.”

“No, it’s not you.” well that was the lie of the century. “I just have a lot on my mind.”

“Okay, if you’re sure.” I looked at him and smiled. The way his eyes sparkled when he smiled fascinated me. I hoped that I never had to see him cry. I wouldn’t want to see that said emotion in those eyes. But if the time came, he would always have me to lean on.

“I'm kind of glad that your glasses broke. This way there's nothing blocking the view of your eyes.” he blushed and reached up to ruffle his hair a bit so that if fell just below his eyebrows.

"Flattery will get you nowhere.” He said shyly before looking down at the ground.

I reached over and raised his head by putting my hand under his chin. “I like your hair out of your face. It makes your eyes stand out more.” I pushed his hair out of the way. “You have the most…interesting eyes I’ve ever seen.”

“Thank you.” he tried lowering his head again but I held it up.

“Don’t hide from me Travis. It’s me, you can trust me.” he searched my face for any kind of hints that would tell him otherwise.

I leaned closer to him and almost smiled when he didn’t push me away or pull away himself. I brought our faces closer together and could feel his breath ghosting over my cheek.

“Tell me you don’t want to and I’ll back off. We can go back to making jokes. I won’t kiss you, or even try to.” I whispered. “If you tell me now, I’ll back off and I’ll give you up.”

“I-I…Landon, I-” he stammered

“Travis, I forgot to ask you something.” I heard someone say. I turned my head and saw that same guy from earlier standing in front of us.

Travis pulled away from me and chuckled nervously. “Can’t you see that we were in the middle of something, Brock?

“No, it’s okay.” Travis said waving me off. “What is it?”

“I wanted to know if you’d like to go out on Friday, just the two of us.” Brock said with a goofy grin on his face. “Unless he’s your boyfriend, then I’m totally sorry.”

“No, he’s not my boyfriend.” My gaze moved from Brock to Travis so quickly, I was sure that I could have snapped my neck.

“Friday? I’m not sure. Landon, did we have any plans on Friday?” Travis asked looking back at me.

“I don’t know. And even if we did, we don’t anymore.” I spat at him. “Have fun with Brock.

I grabbed my stuff and walked off. I would probably find some peace of mind in the library. That place was creepy, but it always made me feel a bit better. 

I heard Travis calling after me as I walked away. I chose to ignore him. I basically asked him to give us a chance no more than a minute ago and he just went ahead thinking of accepting dates with other people. There was no point in saying that I wasn’t jealous, because heaven and hell knew that I was fuming with envy.

Why could he accept dates from anyone else but when it came to me, he had to think a million times over. I wasn’t that bad, was I? I cared for him, I tried being nice. I guess being with Travis just wasn’t in the cards for me.

“Landon!” I heard behind me. I turned around and saw Travis running like a mad man after me. “I told you to wait dammit.” He heaved. “Are you deaf or something?”

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you afraid that Brock will run off?” I said sulkily.

“No, I’m not. I don’t care about him, Landon.” Travis stepped closer. “We were discussing something very important before he interrupted us.”

“You told him I wasn’t your boyfriend.” I whispered.

“You’re not.” My shoulders slumped and I tried to continue to seek refuge at the library but I caught sight of a pale hand gabbing onto my arm. “It wasn’t a lie. You aren’t my boyfriend, Landon, but I could see you in that position.”

I took a deep breath before I was hit with confusion. “What?”

“If you’d let me, I would like to be with you.” Travis bit down on his bottom lip.

“Really?” he nodded. “Thank God! You scared the living daylights out of me.”

I reached down and snaked my arm around his waist before pulling him into me. I leaned down and cradled his neck in my free hand before capturing his lips with mine. I heard him give off a surprised whimper but I chose to ignore it, instead I licked across his lips, asking for entrance. The way our tongues connected, the way we connected was different from any other time and every other person I kissed.

With Travis I knew that this wouldn’t be a onetime occurrence. There would be many opportunities for us to learn more about each other and find out exactly what made each other hot under the collar.

I pulled away for some air and smiled down at him. “Wow.”

“I know.” I said and pecked him again. “I wouldn’t mind doing that again.”

“Me neither.” Travis agreed.

“What about Brock?” I asked.

“Would you forget about him? He’s not a problem.” Travis insisted.

“Okay. Come, the bell’s going to ring soon. We can head over to Jimmy’s for some pizza before I take you home.”

“Sounds like a plan.” I held my hand out and felt my chest go tight when he took it.

We kept bumping into each other as we walked down I hallway but we didn’t mind. I got what I wanted. The only thing I had to do now was try my best not to screw this up.

***

A/N: Sooooo? What did you guys think? i know i took pretty long with this and i apologize. i was freaking out since this past week was basically 'season finale' week. 

Thank you for being so patient.

love you all. you guys aare so precious!

Much Love...

   Carrie♥♥

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

270K 11.4K 49
" But the dare is so easy, all you gotta do is pass the chocolate." " Through a kiss! " College life is already hard but Cale's friends had decided t...
574K 18.9K 48
Ohio's life was nothing special to him, being adopted by two gay men, suddenly having two older sisters who are also adopted, and a somewhat sketchy...
10K 711 19
"We don't have to do anything." "What if I want to?" "Do you?" "You didn't answer my question." ___ ___ ___ Chase Tanner's life has almost always bee...
12.7K 250 72
[COMPLETE!] *AN: I wanna say the start of this books if cringe and slow, but i've been working on this book for like 5 years of my life. so if you ca...