The not so "Nerdy" nerd (NaLu...

By Pupkey

Natsu Dragneel is the smartest student in Fairy Tail Academy and considered the top in all Fiore. He is known... More

IM SO EXITED!!!
Chapter 1: Introducing Natsu
Chapter 2: The meeting
Chapter 3: Interesting...
Chapter 4: The attack
Chapter 5: The mystery savior is... YOU!?
Chapter 6: Let's follow him
Chapter 7: Making friend's...and frenemies
Chapter 8: The competition
Chapter 9: Natsu vs Gray
Chapter 10: The start of a beautiful friendship...kinda
Chapter 11: Getting used to it
Q&A: Ask Pupkey
Chapter 12: Remembering the past
Chapter 13: Our Past 1
Bad News
Chapter 14: Our past 2
Chapter 15: Thinking & Dreaming with pink
Chapter 16: A Basketball tryout? A group project?...and a Queen bee?
Chapter 17: Neighbors
Chapter 18: Hanging with my Frenemie
Chapter 19: Project's and sleepovers
Chapter 20: Admitting our feeling's
Chapter 21: [ You Name it ]
Chapter 22: Got my old dad back
Chapter 23: My...memories and... past?
Chapter 24
Chapter 25: Brothers conflict
Quick question
Chapter 26: Let's confess!
Not an update, but an awesome pic!
Chapter 27: Nakama's and the Black Wizards kidnap
SORRY!!! T^T/ARIGATOU!!! :D
Chapter 29: Tigers vs Fairies
Chapter 30: The game continues
Chapter 31: Our hands, Our master
Chapter 32: From good to bad
100 Questions Tag
Read Facts About Me...or else :P
Another tag :D
Chapter 32: Bonus talk
Chapter 33: Best friends are supposed to look out for each-other right?
CELEBRATION!!!
Chapter 34: Mafias
Chapter 35: Luce
Been a while

Chapter 28: From friend to rival...at basketball that is

6.3K 238 212
By Pupkey

Yo Mina!!!

This story is turning out quite long isn't it?

Well that's not my fault but I guess long stories are always the best!...at least some, cause short stories are awesome too!

Hope your enjoying the story so far!

Also thank you so much for clicking on this story and taking some time to read it!

Thank to everybody that has supported me too!

And the wattpad friends I made too!

Your awesome dudes!

In this chapter I have some people to give quick shout outs to:

oOSalamanderOo

nalu_lovers

IfICanFly

They gave me awesome ideas for some event's that are going to occur!

Some in this one or on the next!

Tho I think I forgot to mention someone...If I did I'm sorry!

I'm sick and disoriented!

Enjoy the chapter!

All rights go to Hiro Mashima!!! NOT me!!!

-----------------------------------------------

Natsu's POV~

"Where is heeeeeeee?" I whined looking around the basketball court.

We where getting ready to see the guys play. It was Sabertooth vs Fairy Tail. Fairies vs Tigers. But there was a problem. Zeref was not here yet.

"Zeref will be here soon. Now stop complaining!" Lucy said next to me looking irritated about the fact that this is the eleventh time I'm complaining about him not being here.

"Fine" I pouted sitting back in my chair. We where sitting on the fronts seats.

I tucked on my scarf and adjusted myself in the seat. I was wearing a grey tank top with a red jacket, short kaki pants and my red convers. And my glases. I just felt like using them.

"...Are you sure I can't go look for him?" I whined and Lucy slowly and robot like turned her head to me with an irritated look.

"Why don't you just call him?" Said Levy next to Lucy.

I looked at her confused before face palming myself. 'Why didn't I think of that?! It's like Ice Freak and Metal Head are rubbing off on me...'

I took out my phone and dialed his number as fast as I could. I put it in my ear and waited...and waited...and waited...still waiting...aaaaaaaaand no response.

"That's odd. He's not picking up." I mumbled but Lucy herd me.

"Maybe he's busy right now. For now let's just wait, kay?" She said smiling brightly at me. I nodded grinning.

"Oi Bunny girl. Your cousin Sting is playing right? And Rouge too?" I looked at Gajeel who was leaning on the metal bars in front of us that where separating the court from the seats.

"Yep! He and Rouge are on the team. They should be here in a couple of minutes." She said and Gajeel nodded walking back to the group of guys that where warming up. 'For some reason he's been avoiding Levy. Wonder why? Oh well! Bet it's not important.

I sighed and slumped even more into my seat.

"Ne, Natsu?"

"Yeah Luce?" I said looking at her.

"Does Sting know that your not playing?" I smiled sheepishly at her and shook my head. She sighed.

"Why? Did he thought you where gonna play?" I nodded at Erza.

"And you didn't tell him why exactly?" Jellal asked raising a brow. I shrugged.

"I knew he wouldn't play if I wasn't. He wants to play against me just like Rouge wants to play against Gajeel." I stated simply and he and the rest nodded with an 'ahhh'.

"Well how are you planning on telling him?" Mira asked her sweet smile still on her face as always. I shrugged again.

"I don't know. Plus I didn't lie to him. He asked if I was gonna be here and..." I looked at myself before turning to them with a grin. "...I'm here aren't I?"

Lucy giggled before shaking her head in disapproval but her eyes showed amusement.

"I know you know what he really ment Natsu. Your still gonna have to explain." She said and I shrugged again.

"Stop shrugging! It's getting annoying." She said punching my arm slightly. I stood there shocked for a sec before laughing and so did she.

Then I felt something hit my foot. I looked at the floor to see a gun keychain. I reached to it and picked it up before turning my head.

"Where did it go?!"

"I-I don't know...sumimasen."

"I think I lost it! It's Alzacks too!"

"W-well where d-did you loose it?"

"If I knew that, don't you think I would have found it?"

"...S-sumimasen!!! T-that w-was d-dumb of m-me..."

I looked at two girls talking and looking around the floor.

"Hey, you looking for this?" I said getting their attention. The one with green hair looked up and smiled.

"Hai. Arigatou Natsu!" She said and I gave it to her with a smile.

"No prob!"

"I'm Bisca Connel. This here is Aries Lamb." She introduced herself and pointed to a girl with pink fluffy hair.

"I-it's a p-pleasure to m-meet you N-Natsu-san...s-sumimasen." I grinned at them.

"It's nice to meet you too!" I said and they smiled. They where going to say something but a loud scream interrupted them.

"NAAAAAAATSUUUUUU-SAAAAAAAAN!!!" I turned my head to see Sting running towards me.

"Yo, Sting!" I greeted him when he made it in front of us. He grinned.

"Ready for today's game? Sabertooth is going to take you guys down!" He said with a proud smirk. The he looked at what I was wearing. "Ara?"

"Nani?" I said and he gave me a confused look.

"Natsu-san, why aren't you wearing your basketball uniform? And why are you wearing your reading glasses? And why are you on the benches? Why aren't you on the court? And why a-" he turned to look at Lucy who smile at him. He smiled back." Hey Lucy!" He turned to look at me again. "-re you not warming up with your team?!" He finished.

"Well, you see...uh...it's just...I...they...coach...eh...he-"

"He's not playing." Jellal stated simply interrupting me. I looked at Sting who had a surprised face.

"H-Huh?...Why are you not playing?" He asked disappointment latched onto his voice. I frowned.

"The coach wouldn't let me play 'cus he thought I was to 'Nerdy' to play." I said with a sigh.

"Well did you-"

"I did." I said cutting him off.

"You didn't even know what I was going to say!" He exclaimed moving his hands.

"You where gonna ask 'Did you try convincing him?' Which again I say I did. But he still refused."

"Ughhh!!! Why doesn't your stupid coach uses his stupid head to understand that his making a stupid mistake by not letting you play on the stupid game! This all so dumb!" He whined. 'Such a child...Good thing I'm not like that!'

"Gome. At least you get to play against Gajeel!" I said trying to cheer him up.

"I guess, but that's what Rouge wanted! I wanted you to play too."

"Well that's not happening from what I'm seeing." I said crossing my arms. He looked like he was deep in thought before cracking a smirk causing me to raise a brow. "Nani?"

"What if you played with us?!" He exclaimed excitedly grabbing a confused Rogue who appeared next to him.

"Huh?" I said confused and stunned by he's request.

"I could ask my coach and your coach if you can play with us. In our team. At least the first quarter. Then your coach will see what a terrible mistake he did! Onegai Natsu-san?" He said begging. I thought for a sec before nodding with a smile.

"Wait really?! You sure Natsu?" Asked Levy shocked

"Juvia thinks this is betraying Natsu-san's team."

"He didn't want me in the team and they do. It isn't betraying if I wasn't part of it in the first place. Plus I'm bored of sitting here. It's been hours!" I exclaimed getting up and stretching.

"We've only been here for ten minute's" Mira said.

"Yeah well. Feels like more." I said crossing my arms.

"You can be such a baby sometimes." Lucy said and I turned to her and pouted.

"Am not!" I whined.

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not!"

"Yes you are Natsu!"

Sting's POV~

I was watching Lucy and Natsu squishing each others cheeks while fighting about Natsu's childishness.

"Are you two dating?" I asked and they froze in their positions.

Their faces turned red and they let go of each others faces before turning their heads to me.

"No we aren't!" They said and me and their friends smirked.

"Sure~" I said waving my hand while one was covering my mouth." Let me talk to your coach. Be right back Natsu-san!" I said walking away from them.

"Sting, do you think they'll let Natsu-san join our team?" Rogue asked walking next to me.

"Of course! Doesn't look like they want him so I be they will." I said approaching FT's coach.

"Do you need something? Mooooo!" He asked and I nodded.

"I want to ask for your permission to let Natsu Dragneel play with Sabertooth in the game." I said leaving him and the rest of the team shocked.

"Y-you want to add the nerd to your team?!" A guy asked laughing and I nodded glaring at him.

"And he is not a nerd." Rouge said glaring at him.

"You got that right. Gee hee!"

"Yeah. He's more like a stupid Pyro if you ask me." I turned to look at group of guys but especially at the two guys that spoke. One had long black hair with crimson red eyes and one with raven black hair with dark eyes.

"How do you know he's not as 'Nerdy' as people think he is?" I asked them knowing that Natsu-San didn't like them much. They looked at each other and smirked.

"We're he's best frenemies." The one with raven hair said still smirking. 'Frenemies makes more sense that's for sure.'

"They're also 'friends' of Natsu." The one with long black hair said pointing to the group of guys that consisted on a guy with electric blonde hair, a guy with green hair, one with blue hair and one with white hair and tan skin.

"Well, you wouldn't mind if we take him for a while would you?" I asked with a smirk of my own.

"Take him. It'll show the coach and us that he's as good as you say he is." The one with blonde hair said.

"Then we will." I said walking back to my coach with a victorious smirk.

"Coach! That guy is going to join us!" I said pointing at Natsu who perked up and looked at me.

"Yeah sure. As long as he knows how to shoot some hoops." Coach said and I grinned and Rogue gave a small smile.

I turned to Natsu who already jumped the bars and was walking towards us with a smirk.

Natsu's POV~

I herd Saberthoot's coach give me permission to play and grinned at my friends.

"Better show coach Pervert Bull what he's missing on his team." I said jumping the bars and walking towards Sting and Rogue with a smirk.

"I'm all fired up"

------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Sorry it took long but I'm still not feeling good plus my weekend has been a bit packed!

Updates on my other stories are also conning soon!

~The Etherias Brother's~ ~idraw~
~Natsu sings -NaLu oneshots-

Stay stunned for the next chap and sorry if this one was a bit bad!

I just wanted to update as soon as possible!

Hope you still enjoyed!

God bless!

Ja ne!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.5K 46
Lucy Heartfilia, a 16 year old girl, has just enrolled into a new school. Fairy Tail Academy. She's new to the school and everyone welcomes her. Exce...
70.6K 1.6K 25
Life is normal in Fairy Tail High until a new student transfers. Lucy Heartfilia, the rich nerd who has a handful of friends and thousands of enemies...
267K 9.5K 30
Lucy Heartfillia is a young and beautiful girl. She is an elite general of the capital army of Magnolia. She has a caring father, friends, and is ve...
53.1K 1.5K 42
Natsu Dragneel has officially announced that Lisanna and him were finally together. Feeling rejected and heartbroken, Lucy Heartfilia runs away from...