Revealed [UNDERGOING EDITING]

By RHE_OF_LIGHT

They say you don't remember a lot from when you are young. That all you have are feelings and emotions. But I... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20- Duke Baxter
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25- Caleb
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue - Sarah
Acknowledgements
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 26- Sephora

2.2K 162 15
By RHE_OF_LIGHT

I sank to the ground with a gasp. I could feel the blood circulating round my body at a steady pace sending tiny pricks to the tips of my fingers and toes.

Just as I was about to hit the floor, a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist. My body instinctively tensed at the touch as I mentally prepared for the pain that would come. I waited for a few more seconds before realising that something wasn't right.

The person's touch wasn't harsh or mean like many others I had received in the past couple of weeks. The only word to describe it was tender.

Was this a new kind of test?

Ice raced through my veins at the thought. I could feel the panic rising in my chest, threatening to take over.

My heart raced in my chest and my throat began to close up. I let out a whimper as I struggled to breathe.

I pulled my hands close me and curled into myself. I felt tears running down my cheeks and quickly reached up to swipe them away. That's when it hit me.

The handcuffs are gone. I can use my power.

I reached down into myself and called for my power but was met with emptiness. I frantically searched for any sign of it, looking for something, anything.

It's gone.

I couldn't believe it. My one chance at getting away had disappeared. The tears ran down my face even quicker as my body realised my subconscious decision.

I had given up.

I stared blankly at the wall as my mind began to shut down. A comforting darkness crept over me and I happily gave myself to it.

"What have they done to you?"

That voice...I knew that voice.

"C-Caleb?" I stuttered.

Gentle hands slowly turned me around. I looked up into the most amazing pair of green eyes I had ever seen.

"Hey." He said softly

"Hey." I repeated, my voice breaking a little.

We stared at each other for a few more seconds until we were interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat.

I broke away from Caleb's gaze and looked over his shoulder and saw Uncle Dan, Alex and Chris smiling sadly at me.

I felt a small spark of happiness grow in me but that quickly gave way to fear.

"You guys need to get out of here. If they catch you, they will kill you or worse. Please get out of here. Get Timmy and leave while you can." I said struggling out of Caleb's arms.

I landed on the floor with little grace and weakly pushed myself to my feet. I wavered slightly as I was hit by a bout of vertigo. Caleb instantly sprung up to his feet and held me steady.

I ignored the tingles that spread through my middle at his touch and looked sternly at each of them.

"You guys shouldn't have risked yourself for me. You should have just gotten out. Did you even think about the consequences? My father won't hesitate to take out his anger on Timmy." I said angrily.

"Calm down Sephora," said Uncle Dan, "Timmy is safely downstairs with Lila and Charles, protecting the other prisoners."

"What about Des?" I asked.

"Des is right here and can certainly take care of herself. But thanks for the concern princess. It makes me feel so freaking special." Des said sarcastically as she walked into the room.

Can't say I missed her.

"Des, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be on look out." Alex asked.

"Oh calm down pretty boy. Those guys aren't getting up anytime soon and I used their radios to give the rest of the guards a bit of a break." Des said rolling her eyes.

I may not have liked Des but I trusted her, more specifically, I trusted her skills.

"See, everything is going to be fine. Relax." Caleb said.

"I wouldn't be so quick to say that." said a voice from the door.

We all turned to see a man with a gun in each hand, pointing straight at us. His face was covered in bruises and his nose was bright red and crooked. He had an ugly sneer on his face and he kept shooting dark looks at Des.

I could see Uncle Dan giving Chris a subtle signal with his hands. Chris nodded slightly and thrust his hands forward looking intently at the guns.

Nothing happened.

The man noticed Chris' look of confusion and smiled evilly.

"Having some issues?" he said smugly.

He waited a few seconds for a response then carried on.

"This device is making all your powers useless." He said tapping a small metal box on his hip, "I also wouldn't advise you to try anything rash. You may be able to disarm me but I am pretty sure I would take out at least one of you in the process. I am a very good shot." He said confidently.

"So here's what's going to happen." The man said.

Before anyone could move, the man turned to Des and let out two shots. The bullets ripped through Des right shoulder incredibly fast, throwing her to the floor.

Everyone froze in shock. Des was lying on the floor in a growing pool of blood, writhing in pain.

Alex was the first to break out of his shock. He looked at the man holding the gun and back at Des' body. With each glance his face grew darker and angrier. Suddenly, Alex let out a roar of anger and charged at the man.

"Alex! NO!" Chris shouted.

The man smirked at the reaction and raised his gun, aiming at Alex's chest.

I felt my heart break as I watched one of my friends run head first to his death. I begged my power to respond, to save my friend, but nothing happened.

The man fingered the trigger and was about to press it when he suddenly froze in place. His face contorted in pain then he dropped face down to the ground. Behind him was another Hunter wiping down a blood stained baton.

Alex stumbled to a stop, almost falling over the dead Hunter.

"Who the heck are you?" He asked, hostility dripping from each word.

The Hunter smiled brightly at him, amused by his anger.

"My name's Mike. Timmy said you might need my help. It looks like he was right." The Hunter replied.

Alex looked like he was about to spit fire so Caleb quickly interrupted.

"You're the man who gave Timmy the key card?" He said.

"Yep." replied Mike.

Uncle Dan was about to speak when we heard a small voice.

"Oh don't mind me. I'm just bleeding out on the floor. I mean it's not like I can die from blood loss. Oh that's right- I CAN! So as much as I HATE to disturb your conversation, would someone please stop me from DYING?!" said Des in a weak, snarky voice.

I rolled my eyes at her dramatic speech.

Alex immediately ran to Des and gently picked her up, cradling her in his arms tenderly.

Des looked like she was about to deliver a biting comment but something made her stop. She looked deep into Alex's eyes and her face softened. She reached up with her good arm, as if to caress his face. Alex brought his face closer to her. He moved closer...closer...

SLAP!

Alex jumped up in shock and his hand cupped his face.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" he asked, obviously in pain.

"I thought you were trying to feel me up." Des said innocently with wide eyes.

"Why would you even-" Alex asked in confusion.

"Shush! We need to get back down to the cells. Our time is almost up." She said looking at Caleb.

Caleb looked at her suspiciously before nodding his head.

"We do need to leave. I have a feeling that this was probably the easiest part of tonight."

A/N: Hi everyone. I am so sorry that this is so late. I have been so, so busy these days and I haven't been able to write as much as I want to. But here is my promise: I will finish Sephora's story. It may take me a while and updates may not be frequent but I will finish this book. I love you all and thanks for sticking with me this long. Thank you all again and don't forget to vote and/or comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

978 80 28
Kale had been out taking his dog out for a final bathroom break before heading to bed when he saw it. A ball of light flashed brightly in the sky fo...
43 0 10
Long ago, our planet was visited by beings from another world, and they built cities here and created human beings here based on their own DNA but mo...
1K 45 35
"Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they're already asleep." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr. I have been wide awake for 17 years and yet my parents...
571K 12.3K 38
She hated them. They loved her with everything in them. The universe truly has a sick way of telling you it's there, doesn't it? From being kidnapp...