Perks of Being a Fangirl

By Skeleton_Clique

Vinny, Emily, and Brooke were just three ordinary girls with not so ordinary lives, but how can you when you... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: what?!
Chapter 2: The City
Chapter 3: So we meet again.... Sorry
Chapter 4: Numbers
Chapter 5: Prom Date Blues
Chapter 7: Vinny
Chapter 8: Brooke
Chapter 9: Why don't we just dance?
Chapter 10: Getting Ready for a Night to Remember
Chapter 11: PROM and the morning after
Chapter 12: The Usual Haunts
Chapter 13: Boy Probs and an Irishman
Chapter 14: Graduation
Chapter 15: Movie Night
Chapter 16: Faith, Love, and a Little Bit of Pixie Dust

Chapter 6: Emily

79 3 5
By Skeleton_Clique

Emily looked down at the reply that Vinny had received. This was the third time in the last half hour that she had read it. She stole Vinny's phone so many times that day. She texted Liam from her phone asking him 'what's up'.

"I've got to go, Em! See you tomorrow!" Vinny calls as she and Brooke head out the door. 

"Just chilling." Emily read, Vinny and Brooke had to go home, being as they haven't been there almost an entire week.

"So fascinating! ;)" She typed out as she rocks out to Umbrella. The cover by All Time Low was so amazing that she kept it on repeat.

"Hey, chica." Emily answers the phone when her friend Cay calls.

"Emmy!" Cay says excitedly. "HOW WAS LONDON?!" She demanded.

"Amazing. Don't worry I made sure everyone kept their hand of your man." Emily laughs considering Cay refered to herself as Mrs. Padilla-Hecox-Horan.

"Good!" She responds. "Meet anyone cute? Besides Liam of course!" She quickly adds to make sure that Emily doesn't include the obvious.

"Yeah actually. Little too punk for me though." Emily pops a grape in her mouth after she had walked around the kitchen, trying to find the fruit tray her mom had bought.

"Ooo! What's his name?" Cay says fascinated. Emily didn't really know why. I mean she had 2 boyfriends while Emily is currently at zero, but how could you date when your mom thinks an A- is too low of grade for you to have?

"Christian." Emily replies. "He likes All Time Low and BVB." She says and Cay starts squealing.

"CAYLYNN CALM YOSELF!" Emily screams into the phone. "You're more excited about this than I am. You know if I was you I would be flipping out that one of your best friends has Liam Payne's number." She casually slips into the conversation, which makes Cay squeal even louder. 

"You wait until now to tell me?! I need NIALL JAMES HORAN'S NUMBER WOMAN!" She screams at Emily. 

"I can't give it to you! I promised them I wouldn't just give out their numbers." Emily said, grimacing at the fact she had just screamed in her ear. 

"I don't care woman!" 

"Well I guess you can ask Liam for yourself at prom..." Emily says smiling. 

"YOU'RE GOING TO YOUR SENIOR PROM WITH LIAM PAYNE?!" Emily couldn't hear anything for a solid three minutes after Cay screamed in her ear about prom. 

"Who are you going to the prom with?" Emily asks, popping another grape in her mouth. 

"Ashton." Cay replies, wishing she could say she has as exciting of a prom date as Liam. 

"Hey. How is the pokemon trainer?" Emily laughs. 

"Still hating that you call him that, and good." Cay says, sighing, trying to guilt Emily into giving her Niall's number. 

"Cay. No. I am not giving you his number." Emily facepalmed. 

"PLEASE!" 

"I gotta go! Bye!" Emily said quickly as her mom walks through the door. She didn't want her hanging out with Cay. She thought she was a bad influence on her even though Cay was a year younger than them. 

"Who were you talking to?" Her mom asked, concern laced in her voice from the suddeness of her daughter hanging up the phone. 

"Just Cay." She said, and her mom sighed. "Why don't you like her?!" Emily gets defensive for her friend.

"She curses too much." Her mom says. 

"And so did you during the divorce." Emily reminds her mom of her dark period where every word out of her mouth seemed to be a swear word directed at her father. 

"That is totally different." Her mom says to her. 

"How mom?! You are older that's it!" 

"I don't use them daily." 

"Neither does she!" Emily defends. 

"Go to your room." 

"Mom!" 

"I said go to your room!" Emily's mom yelled at her. 

"Just because I swear doesn't mean I'll end up like Michael did." Emily said to her mom over her shoulder before going to her room. 

"Don't you dare talk about him that way!" Her mom screams at her. She leans against the door she had just locked herself in. The kids were hiding in their room because of the yelling. Emily quickly stripped out of her clothes and slipped on basketball shorts and a tank top to sleep in. 

Emily heard her laptop signalling she had a skype call. She answered it, looking at the screen before actually stepping in front of it. 

"Em? You there?" I hear my friend Anthony ask from the screen. 

"Hey, Anth." Emily says smiling as much as she can, trying to give him the illusion that nothing is wrong. 

"What's wrong? Did you and your mom have a fight again?" He says concern flooding his voice. 

"It's nothing." Emily says wiping her eyes. 

"That's something." He says, and shows her a picture of a random meme and she smiles at the grumpy cat now filling her skype window. "Grumpy cat doesn't want you to cheer up, but Anthony does!" He makes a weird face as he pulls the phone away from his camera. "I found a song for you to listen to!" Anthony smiled at me. 

"Who's it by?" Emily says excitedly. 

"Mika." He smiles and starts playing the song. 

"Emily won't you write a happy song,

get your ass to number one.

You could try a little harder.

Emily, you could be a millionaire,  

but you're so full of hot air.

Gonna end up like your father. 

Emily, You can't even like your chance

Get a boy and learn to dance

Be a girl like any other

Emily are you stuck up?

Are you gay?

If you are then that's ok! 

Cause it doesn't even matter!

Emily, It's your life and you can't live it twice

One Day you'll understand and then you'll take my hand. 

Emily, I love you, and I know you do too. 

You never make no sense, screaming at me in French. 

Porquoi tu gâche ta vie 

Dance with me, Emily.

Porquoi tu gâche ta vie 

Dance with me, Emily.

Emily, you got so much in your life

Me I got no one's advice

Don't you know you got it easy

Emily, what you smoking, what's that stench

Who you screaming out in French

Did you really think you had me

Emily, that's enough, do as you're told

Acting like you're eight years old I give up it's not worth trying

Emily, one day I will end up dead

That's the only thing I've said

That will ever get her smiling, Emily

Emily, It's your life and you can't live it twice

One Day you'll understand and then you'll take my hand. 

Emily, I love you, and I know you do too. 

You never make no sense, screaming at me in French. 

Porquoi tu gâche ta vie 

Dance with me, Emily.

Porquoi tu gâche ta vie 

Dance with me, Emily.

Emily, live your life in a balloon

Lock yourself up in your room

So the world can never reach ya

Emily, am I'm speaking Japanese

Got me falling on my knees,

Got me praying to Saint Peter

Emily, see the price I have to pay

I would give my life away

If I knew that I could reach ya

Emily, why you make this hard to me

It's not the way it's meant to be

I don't never wanna hate ya

Emily dance, Emily dance, dance, dance, Emily dance

Emily dance, Emily dance, dance, dance, dance, dance, dance

Emily, It's your life and you can't live it twice

One Day you'll understand and then you'll take my hand. 

Emily, I love you, and I know you do too. 

You never make no sense, screaming at me in French. 

Porquoi tu gâche ta vie 

Dance with me, Emily.

Porquoi tu gâche ta vie 

Dance with me, Emily.

Emily dance!" 

Emily starts dancing on her bed along with the song. She keeps listening and when the music ends she beams widely at him, all thoughts about what her mom completely gone. 

"I love it!" She exclaims looking at Anthony. 

"I knew you would." He beams back at her. She feels her phone vibrating and pulls it out, putting it to her ear. "Hello?" She says, holding up a finger to signal one moment to Anthony. 

"Emmy?" Brooke says, seemingly in tears. 

"Yeah?" Emily says concern filling her voice. 

"I can't handle this book!" Brooke exclaims through the phone. She was currently reading Mockingjay, the final book of the Hunger Games trilogy. 

"Brooke its gonna be okay! Just keep reading!" Emily encourages. 

"Do Katniss and Peeta end up together?" 

"I can't tell you that." 

"I won't keep reading then." Brooke says stubbornly. 

"Just keep reading I can guarantee you like the outcome." 

"Fine." Brooke hangs up and Emily went back to talking to Anthony. 

"What is she going on about now?" Anthony say rolling his eyes. 

"Mockingjay, and you be nice." 

"I will if she will." He states, brushing his long bangs out of his face. Emily simply sighs and goes back to talking to him about random stuff, changing the topic. 

"When are you going to visit?" Emily smiles at him. 

"When I can. Probably around Christmastime." 

"I can't wait to see you!" Emily smiles at him. 

"I've got to go. I have a video to edit." Anthony said waving bye. 

"Bye." Emily says and shuts down skype, logging in on her facebook. "Broken angel, looking down on me, shining like a dim light in a gray world." Emily hums the tune she had come up with and was thinking about writing a song, and posting it on youtube, keeping it anonymous who sings it. 

She sits there comtemplating what she wanted to do the next day which would most likely include all the homework she had to make up. I wonder if Vinny and Brooke would want to come over. Emily thought as she stared up at the white splotchy ceiling. She let a tear roll down her cheek as she thought about what her and her mom were talking about earlier. 

She rolled over, so many different thoughts running through her head. More than she could keep up with. She flipped on the tv, not wanting to go to sleep quite yet. She flipped through the channels, finally settling on Awkward, and watches Matty and Jenna's relationship unfold before her eyes. 

"Night, M." She says looking up at the ceiling. After she blows a kiss to the ceiling, she lets her eyes flutter close and curls up under the blankets, sleepiness overtaking her.  

Continue Reading