Catfish

By infiniteameezy

[ COMPLETED ] Episode: "Jay and Trinity" Trinity has been dating a guy named Jay over the Internet, for almo... More

~ Catfish ~
01: How it Began
02: Help!!
04: Who?
05: May the Truth Reveal Itself
06: Expect the Unexpected
07: Pancakes and Overthinking
08: Tragic
09: Not Enough
10: Heads Up
11: Closure
12: It Takes Two
13: Show Out
- Catfish -

03: "Beauty and Brains"

12.3K 577 229
By infiniteameezy

*1 week later*

Trinity

Today was the day that Nev and Max were coming to my house. Well, not my house, my parents' house. I haven't officially gotten my apartment, but I'm working on it!

I was so nervous to meet Nev and Max. I was still in shock that I Skyped them because never would I have thought I would talk to them personally about my story. I just wish it was as easy to Skype with Jay.

I sighed.

I really hoped that he's real. I don't know what I'll do if I found out that he was a 40-year old man, or even a female.

If that was the case, that meant 3 years of my life was wasted.

My phone suddenly dinged.

Nev: We're outside.

I pursed my lips together and stood up from the couch.

"Oh my gosh," I mumbled to myself, as I walked towards the front door. As I unlocked it, my hand was shaking. I twisted the knob.

"Oh-" I said and covered a huge smile with my hand.

Nev and Max appeared, and behind them were what seemed like millions of cameras and microphones. It was like I was being interviewed for the news or something.

"Trinity!" they exclaimed.

"Hey, guys!" I exclaimed. I gave them both hugs.

"This is the crew.." Max said and gestured towards the people with cameras.

"Hey crew!" I greeted them.

They smiled and waved.

"It's so hot out. May we come in?" Nev asked.

"Sure, sure," I said. I moved out of the way and let everyone in.

"We can talk in there." I pointed and led them to the living room.

Nev and Max sat down on the leather couch, while the crew set up some of their cameras on tables. Max had a little camera of his own and turned it to me. I smiled and waved.

All of this was weird but exciting. I took a seat on the other leather couch across from them.

"How are you guys?" I asked.

"We're good. What about you?" Nev asked.

"Awesome!"

"Nice house," Max spoke.

"Thank you," I said and smiled.

"Is this your parents' house or-"

"Yes, but they're at work," I said.

"They know that we're here, right?" Nev asked.

"Yes," I said and laughed.

"You're so bubbly," Nev said, with a smile.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, I'm just really nervous," I said.

They nodded.

"We understand. Let's get straight into this," Nev said.

"This 'Jay' guy...run us through everything again. It's been like a week, sorry. I just remember you guys meeting on Twitter," he said.

"Yeah, we met on Twitter and talked until we started developing feelings for each other. Each day, I would like him more and more, until it became a love thing."

"That must've be scary, right?" Nev asked.

"Yes. I was scared out of my mind. I was like I can't love someone if I've never met them. What would my parents think? , you know?"

They nodded.

"Do your parents approve?" Max asked.

"Yes, but they didn't approve of it first. They took my phone and everything. It was crazy. I had to convince them that he was real."

"How'd you do that?" Nev asked.

"I had to lie to them and say that we've video chatted, when we really hadn't."

"So how did they find out that you were lying?"

"I decided to tell them because I couldn't really hide it forever. Plus, I needed advice from both of them."

"Very true. What advice did they give you?"

"Well, my dad told me to never think negatively, but also to never get my hopes up. He also told me that I should keep my guard up because Jay could be anyone...a child predator , a serial killer, apart of human trafficking, drug abuser....I was like chill, dad."

We all shared a laugh.

"Wow, yeah. Your dad was pretty descriptive," Nev said.

I nodded.

"But yeah, it's always good to keep your guard up sometimes, especially on the Internet," he added. "Listen to that, kids!" he said and pointed one of the cameras.

We shared another laugh.

"My mom said that I need to think about what I'm doing. She said she was happy that I was in love, but online relationships were eerie. She also said if I ever do end up meeting him, and it turns out to be someone else, I shouldn't fight them or scold them. It's okay to be upset, but I should remember that person for helping me through problems or making me smile on bad days," I said.

"Your parents are wise," he said.

I nodded.

"But to continue the story, it turned out that Jay loved me back. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders, but at the same time, there wasn't because I still hadn't met him."

"Have you ever questioned him if he was real?" Nev asked.

"No. Never."

Their eyes widened at me.

"Why not?" Nev asked.

"I feel like if I ask him, he'll get defensive. He'll probably be like, Ooh if you really loved me, you wouldn't even ask me that. I don't know..." I said.

"But how would you ever know? Just think about it. If you would've asked, he probably could've confessed to you if he were fake," Nev said.

I tilted my head and sighed.

"But I mean, I didn't want to doubt him, you know?" I asked.

"But you doubt him now, right? That's why you called us," Nev said.

Touché..

I fiddled my hands together.

"I have faith that he can be real, but there's a small part that's telling me he's not," I admitted.

"Let's see a picture of this guy," Nev said.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it. I went to my gallery and clicked on the last photo Jay sent me. It was a picture of him in a LA Clippers jersey. He looked extremely fine.

I got up the couch and handed Nev the phone. Max leaned and aimed his camera lens towards it.

"Well, even though I can barely see his face,  it appears that he's handsome-" he nodded, and I smiled. "-with a lot of tattoos."

"I know. I really really like them, though," I said and giggled.

"What's the last picture that he sent you?" Nev asked

"That one. He sent it a year and a half ago," I said.

"Huh? A year and a half?" Max asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Wow. Anymore pictures?" Nev asked.

"Yes, actually. I created a whole folder," I said.

"This folder is...small. Trinity, you gotta ask this guy for more pictures!" Nev exclaimed and chuckled.

"Well, I don't wanna hassle him. He posts some pictures on Twitter, though."

"How many pictures have you sent him?" Max asked.

"I've never sent him any, actually. Well, only one, but I post frequent selfies on Twitter, and he usually retweets and favorites them," I said

He nodded.

"Well-" Nev spoke. He handed me back my phone, and I took my seat back on the opposite couch. "-like I said before, he's handsome."

"Too handsome to be a catfish?" I asked.

"I'm not saying that you aren't  gorgeous enough for this guy to like you because you're beyond gorgeous. But if a guy is that handsome, there's a possible chance that someone can steal his pictures," he said.

I nodded. I never thought about that.

"But tell me more about the situation. You guys have never video chatted?" he asked.

"No. He would always say that his camera doesn't work, or he lost connection. I would try so many times, but nothing; zilch."

"I remember you saying you had trouble meeting him," Max spoke.

"Yes. One time, I think I left this out last week, but he said he came here."

"Here? Like to Atlanta?" Nev asked.

"Yeah, for Thanksgiving. We made plans to go out and have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. I got all dolled up and everything, but-" I sighed. "-he never showed up."

"Aw, man, that must have sucked," Nev said. "Didn't you think that was kind of odd?" he asked.

"Yeah, but I never asked him about it. I didn't talk to him for about 2 months. I was so pissed."

"How did he take it?" Max asked.

"Well, he would leave me tons of voicemails saying how sorry he was," I said.

"Can we hear one?" Nev asked.

"Sure." I unlocked my phone again and went to my voicemails. I had to scroll a lot, until I found the one from a year and a half ago.

"Okay, here it is," I said before we all heard Jay's voice.

"Trinity, please pick up your phone. I'm so sorry, please don't be mad at me. I love you so much. You have to understand why I couldn't make it. Please answer me, baby."

I pursed my lips together and looked down. The thoughts of that night made me feel a little sad.

"Wow. He really sounded like he really cared," Max said.

"Is that sarcasm?" I asked and giggled.

"A little bit," he responded.

"Well, I believe he cared." Nev said.

"He really did care. He wrote me a song to make up for what he did," I bragged.

"Seriously?" Nev asked.

"Mhmm. I hung it up on the refrigerator," I said.

Their eyes widened. "Your joking.." Max said.

"C'mon. You wanna see?" I asked.

"To the refrigerator!" Max exclaimed. We all got up, and they trailed behind me to the kitchen, while the camera crew stayed in the living room.

I pointed to the notebook paper, hanging by a magnet on the fridge, and Max held his camera in front of it.

"Here's a song that I wrote about you, my love. I hope that you take the time to read it and realize how much I love you. You mean everything to me. Enjoy," Nev read out loud.

I saw his eyes move left to right. He read a few lines aloud. "Wow..." he would say from time to time. After he was done reading, he turned to me with his jaw slightly opened and eyebrows raised.

"Damn, that's some...deep stuff. Really meaningful," he said.

"Yeah, there were a lot of erase marks," I noted.

"Almost as if he had to find the right words to say," Max said.

I never thought of it like that. A small smile crept upon my face.

"I bet you immediately forgave him after that," Nev said.

"Yup," I said and laughed.

"Let's go back in the living room," Max suggested.

We went back inside the living room and took the seats we had before.

"So you're in college right?" Nev asked.

"Yes. UGA," I said.

"Scholarship?"

I nodded.

"Wow," Nev said with his eyes widened.

"Trinity has the beauty and the brains!" Max spoke.

We all laughed.

"Have any college guys ever asked you out? If so, what would you tell them?" Max asked.

"C'mon what type of question is that? Of course they have! Look at her," Nev spoke.

Were they trying to flirt with me? Subtly?

I laughed a little. "Yes, they have. I would tell them that I couldn't go out with them because I had a boyfriend."

"Is Jay in college?" Max asked.

"Yup, he goes to UCLA. He's on a scholarship too, but it's not a full one, unlike mine," I said.

"Wow, both of you are smart," he said.

I smiled.

"Do you think he turns down other girls just as you turn down guys?" Nev asked

My eyes widened. "I hope," I said and let out a nervous laugh.

They nodded.

"To sum everything up, how is your relationship with him now?" Nev asked.

"It's good. Sometimes he's really busy doing I don't know what, but overall, he's an awesome guy."

"And you're really committed to meeting him, right? Because if you're not then....." Nev said.

I sighed.

"It's super depressing being unable to see the person you're in love with. Jay is really special to me, and I just want to know if he is who he says he is."

"So is that a yes?" he asked.

"Yes, it's a yes!" I exclaimed and laughed.

"Okay. Well Max and I will stay at a hotel nearby and do a little research, and we'll come back to you with information, okay?"

I smiled. "Thank you guys. Seriously."

"No problem. We'll call you later," he said as him and Max stood up.

"Okay, bye guys." I smiled and we exchanged hugs.

After 5 minutes of getting everyone out of the house, I sighed and laid on the couch. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

That was...intense.

Nev and Max were cool people. They seem really passionate about helping others, and it was really nice how they decided to help me. I honestly thought my story was like another boring one.

Telling them my personal business felt kind of odd, but after, I felt so relieved. I was relieved that something was going to be done that hasn't been done in 2 years. There was finally going to be a conclusion to all of this...Hopefully a happy one.

___________________

Woo! An update! I hope you all enjoyed this :)

I really need to update my other stories...

Vote and comment!! It'll be appreciated 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.9K 3.7K 32
You are now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi! You: Hello! Stranger: Hi. And that was how Justin met Jason. Copyright © 2016, sucksbieber. A...
16.9K 419 29
[Completed] "What are you here for now?"Sienna asked, but got no verbal reply from Justin. The reply she got was Justin crashing his lips onto hers...
1.9K 241 32
This is my very first story, "A lost love" im sharing. The love between jay and Jenny screwed up with someone's else who was pretty closed to Jenny...
4.4M 90.1K 63
Jason "The Devil" McCann was an Absidian. Juliet Rayne Bieber was a Hekoran. How does the trouble making, evil, and soldier race get mated with the p...