The Fallout

By believe45

Payton is an normal girl up until these guys start hanging out with her, but these arnt any normal type of g... More

The Fallout
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
AN

Chapter 20

58 2 5
By believe45

(Austin's POV)

Rain and sweat are sticking to my body as I call out Pays name. Heavy rain is blocking my line of vision as I walk in the direction she ran in. 

I hear something and I stop walking. What is that?

I listen closely and I hear a scream of pain. Pay?! Is that her? I start running towards the sounds of screaming and I get close enough to hear her call out for help. I run even faster knowing someone has taken her. What have I done? I run faster, but the screams then stop. I slowly come to a stop and look in every direction, doing a three sixty. Where is she? My hands come to my head as it starts pounding. Come on Austin, stop standing here and do something!

I sigh and turn back towards the warehouse. I then full out sprint. I can't let anything happen to Pay. It would break me. I need to find her.

I start to see the warehouse in view and I trip over a rock making me fall forwards. I groan as I feel myself covered in mud. Just great.

I get up and quickly wipe the mud off of me. I then run inside the warehouse, doge walls, and find myself inside the living room. Everyone looks at me and they stand up in alarm.

"What happened?" Gabe asks.

I put my hands on my knees and try to catch my breath, " Its-"

"Tell us!!" Caroline demands.

"Shh! He is trying to explain!" Teddy tells everyone.

"... Its Pay," I croak.

Gabe's face pales and he starts pacing. Tyler puts his head in his hands and Caroline starts screaming in panic.

I look over at Teddy and he says, " Didn't you put a tracking device on her phone this morning?"

Oh sh.it. Great thinking Teddy. This morning when Caroline and Pay went upstairs I put a tracking device on her phone just in case anything happened.

I quickly spot my laptop and open it . I load the hard drive for Pays phone and we all wait as it starts narrowing down where she is.

When a red dot pops up only twenty miles away I almost sigh in relief. I look at the location on the map and notice its in one of the empty meadows.

" What is it? Did it stop working? Is she alright? Is the dead!?" Caroline panics.

Gabe gives her a cautious look and Teddy tries to calm her down.

"No- I don't know. She is in one of those meadows. We need to get going. Right now. Load up," I explain.

We have trained for situations similar to these where we have to hurry and get geared and I am happy we were prepared. I took less then five minutes to get everything and when I was making my way out the door my phone rang. Everyone stops and looks at me.

I look down at the number and its unknown.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hello Austin," The voice is familiar. Blake.

"What the hell did you do to her?" I growl.

He laughs and says, " You are to late.  I already have her. See?"

His voice is then replaced by muffled screams. Pay?!

"You ba.stard! If you ever so lay the wrong hand on her I will kill you," I hiss.

He laughs in a evil manner and then says, "Watch what you say to me Austin. I can make your world go up in flames." I can feel my jaw clench. Fu.cking as.shole!

I hang up the phone and say, " We need to go. Now".

We quickly get on our bikes and right when I was about to speed off to get Pay I hear a big explosion. I turned my head back and see flames surrounding our home.

"Oh my gosh!!" Caroline says wide eyed.

I quickly get off of my bike with Tyler in tow.

"Who all was inside?" I ask him.

His eyes widen and he looks far off. Oh no...

"Who was all inside?" I ask more demanding.

I look over at Gabe and his face pales. I widen my eyes and I can already tell it was more then it should have been.

I quickly run through the almost burnt door and I hear shouts behind me.

I ignore them and start down the hallway. Heat surrounds me and I start to sweat. When the smoke gets to me I starts hysterically coughing. That's when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and Tyler stood there with glossy eyes.

"We need to go get Pay," He exclaims. 

Oh sh.it. What if there were more people inside? I need to save them.

"But we need to check the house! Our friends are in there!" I shout which leads me to more coughing.

"Austin-,"he sighs," - they are gone. This place is about to blow. We need to get out and so we don't lose another person we care for."

I looked down and hesitated, but nodded my head. We started walking out but when we hit the door I heard a ticking sound. I looked around and saw nothing but smoke and flames. The heat was soaking my shirt worse then the rain that was once outside. I looked once more before exiting the house and that's when I saw a flashing red light. What is that?

I walked closer to it dodging flames and covering my airways from smoke. When I came close to it I noticed numbers ticking down and a red light flashing. I widened my eyes at the device. 

10.

I had ten seconds to get out of here. I quickly ran and made my way out the door as fast as I could. When I got out the door I shouted, " Get down!"

As soon as I got to the lower level I heard a big boom and I felt the intensity it brought. I could feel heat outlining my skin and I looked up and saw that everyone was alright.

Thank God.

"Come on. We are wasting time," I croak out.

Caroline turns to me with tears rushing down her face. Her big blue eyes stand out and once our eyes meet she brushes the tears away and says, " Lets get this bastar.d"

I give her a small hug and start for my bike, " Come on."

We all get on our bikes and when we turn I see the torn house in the corner of my eye. I quickly focus on the road ahead of me. I focus on finding Pay.

We ride for ten minutes and I can see two cars a head of us stopped on the road. I squint my eyes to get a better look.

Once we get closer I notice one of the cars is a limo. I start to slow down and I see a tall man wearing a suit. He is faced in the opposite direction but he turns around and I see the dead set eyes.

Elijah.

I slow and come to a stop. That's when I heard a gun shot come from behind us. I look at everyone and notice no one has been shot. I look at Elijah and he looks clean of bullets.

I then notice someone behind Elijah. I almost sigh in relief as I see her petite figure. Payton.

"Pay! You're alright!" Caroline jumps off her bike and runs to Pay. She goes to hug her but Pay winces and backs away.

What? Is she hurt?

That's when I notice how torn up she looks. I also notice to blood oozing out of her shoulder. I get off my bike quickly rush to her.

"Are you alright?" I ask

She doesn't look at me. She looks everywhere but me. I sigh and grab her face, " Are you alright?"

"Does she look alright to you?" Caroline asks.

I roll my eyes and notice Pay is crying. My heart broke as I took notice of her. She was full of mud, her wrists had rope burns which were starting to bleed, her eyes were red from crying, and she was bleeding from her shoulder.

"We need to get you out of here," I say.

I hear motorcycles from behind and I turn to see ten men on bikes with guns.

I noticed a familiar face and my jaw tightened. Blake was among them.

They get off their bikes and I stand in front of Pay in a protective stance.

"Leave," I growled.

"No can do. I need the girl, dead or alive," He says with an evil glint in his eye.

"No can do brother," I looked over and saw Elijah looking ready to kill towards Blake.

"Aww... why not?" Blake pretends to pout.

"Yeah, why not?" Gabe asks.

I look at Gabe like he is crazy. What the fu.ck?

"Gabe stop," I hiss.

"No- I want to know," Gabe steps towards Elijah," Why not kill her?"

"Gabe!" Caroline shouts at him.

"No! Why does she get to live and not my father? She has to be something special for the devil himself to not want her dead," He says.

I would have stopped him, but I was also curious. I heard shuffling from behind me and I saw Pay beside me with a look of shock on her face.

She was looking in between Elijah and Gabe in awe, " Oh my god!"

Elijah sighs and says," Don't say it Payton. They don't need to know. You don't even need to know."

"Know what?" Blake and Gabe ask at the same time.

Blake looks in between Elijah and Pay and I copy his actions and notice something.

They look-,"Oh sh.it."

That's why.

Blake smirks at me, " I see you found out why I want her so bad."

"But why? What did Elijah ever do to you?" I ask him.

His face turns in to stone and he picks up his gun and aims it at Elijah.

"He killed our father," He growls.

Gabe sighs and I can faintly hear him say, "Looks like I'm not the only one."

"Wait-"

Elijah cuts Pay off and says, "Payton please. He doesn't need to know."

"I'm so confused!" She puts her head in her hands and sighs.

"What is going on?" Tyler finally speaks.

Blake cocks his gun as its still aimed at Elijah and that's when I take my gun out at Blake. Blakes men aim their guns at me and then Tyler and Teddy aim there guns at them.

Arms move around and more people are being targeted.

"Well... If you don't know already. Payton is Elijahs daughter."

"What?!"Pay screams.

She looks at Elijah and says, " I have a father and he isn't him!"

Blake chuckles and then moves his gun towards Pay," I wouldn't want to kill you if weren't his daughter."

I move in front of Pay and Blake sighs.

"What about-"

"Payton stop!" Elijah roared.

"But-", she tries again.

"No!" he yells, " He can't know!"

I hear her huff from behind me and she says, " Fine. Then kill me."

She walks from behind me and I grab for her arm, " Pay, nock it off. Get behind me."

She shrugs her arm from my grasp and says," No. Its not like you care anyways."

She walks and stands beside Elijah and looks him dead in the eye, " Blake, what are you waiting for? Kill me."

"Wait!" we all look at Elijah and he looks angry. His ears are flaring and his eyes have a murderous gaze in them.

"Gabe... I didn't kill your father," he says.

"Bullsh.it. I saw you do it with my own eyes," Gabe hisses.

"That wasn't your father..."

What?

"...It was mine," he hesitantly finishes.

"What the fu.ck?!" Blake roars.

"I did it for Gabes own good. I had to protect him," Elijah states, " Gabe.. I am you're real father. I gave you to him because I thought he would keep you safe from all of this shi.t. He was going to turn you in to a monster. I couldn't let that happen so I killed him."

Gabes face pales and asks, " What about Payton?"

"After his death I found her mom. After she had her she promised to keep her away from this all. I couldn't make the same mistake twice," Elijah answered.

"You killed our dad for him?" Blake asked.

Elijah ignores his comment and says, " You have ten seconds to leave before I kill you Blake."

Blake aims his gun back at Pay, "I have gone this far already. I might as well finish the job."

"If you finish the job, I will finish you," Elijah states.

"In your dreams old man," Blake hisses.

That's when gun shots were fired. I had to get Payton. I ran and saw her shielding herself from Elijah.
I run to her and pick her up bridal style. I run towards the limo and I see shots flying past me.

I let her go and we duck behind the Limo. I notice she is crying and I wipe the tears from her cheeks.

"Baby don't cry," I plead.

"I'm so sorry," She sobs.

"What are you sorry for?" I ask as I move her hair out from her eyes.

We look into each others eyes and she says, " For everything. Without me this wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't have fallen in love with you."

My heart jumped at her words and I look at her lips. I notice her eyes widen and stares at me.

"W-why are you staring at me like that?" she asks.

I move closer to her and I start to hear her breaths getting louder.

"Never say sorry for falling in love with me," I whisper.

I then crash my lips with hers. It felt as if I was on fire. She was doing something to me. What is this feeling? She wraps her arms around my neck and I could faintly hear gun shots roaming the air. Gun shots. I need to stay away from her. I can't fall for her.

I will put her in more danger. She needs to make a new life. I need to make a new life. My house is burnt down, my people are dead. I need a start over with my remaining family.

She can't be with me, and I can't be with her. This needs to stop.

I pull away and hear our heavy breaths. She rests her forehead on mine and I say, " I am so sorry Pay."

She opens her eyes and looks at me in confusion. I need to stop. This needs to stop.

I stand up and I notice Blake on the ground and Elijah hovering over him with a gun in his hand. Gabe is punching some guys face in the ground. I notice Tyler running towards something and I see Caroline on the ground with a pool of blood around her.

No.

I run and see Teddy crying over her. He looks destroyed. I turn and Gabe is still punching the mans face in. Everything has gone silent. 

I go to Gabe and lay a hand on his shoulder, " Take care of her."

He looked at me confused, but before he could ask me any questions I start walking towards Elijah. I stand beside him and see his pained expression.  

"I never wanted it to end like this," he whispers.

He looks towards the Limo and then at Gabe, " I am so sorry."

I look over at Gabe and see him over at Carolines limp body.

Bang.

That was the last gunshot. I looked back at Elijah and saw him on the ground, dead. I see the gun in his hand and I widen my eyes.

Everyone was looking at his lifeless body. We all stared in disbelief.

After a couple of minutes I got on my bike and I saw Payton coming from behind the limo. She looked broken.

I wish I could see her beautiful smile. I closed my eyes and looked the other way. Stop Austin.

"Lets go," my voice was hoarse.

Tyler got on his bike and so did Teddy. Gabe made his way towards his bike but I stopped him," No."

He looked at me confused.

"You stay. Remember what I told you earlier," I say.

Recognition flashes in his eyes as he looks ay Payton.

"What?" She asks.

I ignore her and give Gabe a salute. He nods his head and I start my bike.

"What? No. I'll see you later, right?" She asks.

I don't say anything as I speed off down the road. I don't know where we will go, but I have to get her off of my mind.

I have to leave this place. I have to leave her behind. I need to get away from this place. I need to start a new life, without her. The Fallout affected us all in ways we can't explain. Its time for a new beginning...

*THE END*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207 33 12
***Gang version - no fantasy*** No one comes looking for a dead girl, as long as she stays dead. • • • Having finally escaped the vicious hands of...
26.8K 512 14
Gia && Kira Are 21 Years Old ..... Gia, has always been a sneaky ass bitch from jump But She Found Love And Common Intersts In a female Name Kira...
527K 10.8K 28
Jinx is just a mysterious girl. She's no goody two shoes that's for sure. While her brother is part of a gang; she is not. She has been asked to join...
936K 25.4K 35
In most people eyes Samantha Brooks was as good as they came, she spent her nights studying and never bothered with boys. She never drank nor did dru...