Perks of Being a Fangirl

By Skeleton_Clique

Vinny, Emily, and Brooke were just three ordinary girls with not so ordinary lives, but how can you when you... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: what?!
Chapter 2: The City
Chapter 3: So we meet again.... Sorry
Chapter 5: Prom Date Blues
Chapter 6: Emily
Chapter 7: Vinny
Chapter 8: Brooke
Chapter 9: Why don't we just dance?
Chapter 10: Getting Ready for a Night to Remember
Chapter 11: PROM and the morning after
Chapter 12: The Usual Haunts
Chapter 13: Boy Probs and an Irishman
Chapter 14: Graduation
Chapter 15: Movie Night
Chapter 16: Faith, Love, and a Little Bit of Pixie Dust

Chapter 4: Numbers

119 4 3
By Skeleton_Clique

Emily looked out of the window one particular song blasting through her earbuds over and over again. Brooke and Vinny were sitting next to her talking away, knowing not to disturb her while she was like this. Emily hums along with her current favorite song, For Baltimore by All Time Low. 

"Mayday situation over load. I'm restless obsessed with your future." Emily sings, suddenly hearing someone singing along. She turns around and smiles as she sings, a random guy she didn't recognize singing along. 

"Who's the hottie?" Vinny asks Emily when she turns back around, still smiling. She looked back at the guy with blonde hair, a bar in his ear, and a pair of hipster glasses on. He had on a beanie, and about three piercings in his lip. 

"I don't know, but he likes All Time Low." Emily smiles, jamming along with Get on Your Knees and Tell  Me You Love Me. 

"He's really hot." Vinny winks and nudges my shoulder. 

"He is, isn't he?" Emily whispers to her, blushing. 

"You should go talk to him." Vinny points back and tells her to get up. She walked back on the double decker bus and sits down by the boy who was all alone, looking almost unapproachable, but it was a foreign country, so Emily had nothing to lose. 

"Hi." She said quietly, tucking her light brown hair behind her ear. 

"Hey." The boy replied not bothering to continue a conversation. 

"What are you listening to?" Emily asked, losing her nerve by the second. 

"Black Veil Bride." He says nonchalantly. 

"I like them." Emily smiles at him, a little bit of confidence returning to her. 

"What have you heard by them?" He says, seemingly doubting that she has ever actually heard them. 

"Oh." She says trying to recall, while Vinny and Brooke stare at her, waiting to see whether she gets his number or not. She quickly pulls out her phone. "Keep in mind I haven't heard much." She says sheepishly. "Um... Knives and Pens, Fallen Angels, and In The End." She states looking at her music library. He looked over her shoulder and nodded in approval at most of her music library, only grimacing at One Direction, Ed Sheeran, and Taylor Swift. 

"Nice music tastes." He nods, giving a blank look. 

"So what's your name?" 

"Christian." He tells me, holding out his hand. 

"Emily." She holds out her hand and smiles at him. "Can I listen?" She says pointing to the other earbud he wasn't currently listening to. He simply nods and she grabs it, listening intently. Brooke and Vinny sighed, rolling their eyes, knowing that she wasn't going to ask for his number. When their bus stop arrives, Emily waves bye to Christian and he tells her to wait. 

"If you have any music suggestions, just shoot me a text." He says handing her a number. 

"Will do." She says, smiling as she turns around. "Boom! Got a guys number." Emily waves it in the air, and smiles at Vinny and Brooke. They looked impressed as Emily made her way to the venue. 

"Didn't think she had it in her." Vinny says. 

"Wow... did not see that coming." Brooke says, putting emphasis on the 'not'. "She never even wanted to talk to guys for the rest of high school!"

"This is what London does, Brooke." Vinny says.

"It's amazing." Brooke goes wide eyed staring back at Emily. 

"Guys! Come on! The signing is already starting!" Emily says hurriedly as she looks at the huge line of girls from ages five to 18 and quite a few moms. The two girls rush up and get in line with Emily. They were in a long line, not really knowing how so many people could afford backstage passes for One Direction. 

"So what are you guys gonna say to them after the awkward encounter yesterday?" Vinny laughs and Emily simply blushes and starts laughing. 

"I don't know." She says, and rubs the back of her neck. "Wanna listen to Teenagers with me?" Emily asks Brooke. 

"We are listening to teenagers all around us." She says looking at Emily. 

"No. The song!" Emily laughs. 

"Oh!" Brooke says. "No. I don't like that song." 

"Vinny?" Emily pleads. 

"Nope. We're almost to the front of the line anyway." Vinny replies, moving forward a little bit. 

"Hello again." Emily says, smiling as they move so they were in front of the boys. 

"Ello." Harry responds. The three girls hand them their CDs and ask them to sign them. They smile at the five boys and are particularly happy when Harry had happened to write his number in Brooke's CD. 

"Ooo! Someone likes you!" Emily winks at Brooke who started blushing. "Text him!" Emily tells her, pointing towards her phone. Emily stole her phone, and entered the number. 

Brooke: Well aren't you being cheeky, Mr. Styles? ;) 

Harry: Well Didn't want a pretty girl leaving without my number. ;) 

Brooke: Aw... you're so sweet! :* and a liar :P It was a dare wasn't it?

Harry: No... not at all actually. :) 

Brooke: Well then *le blush* anoboeoinvooajfooanofdhapvnobspb Lobster america foster bakery. Sorry Emily got a hold of my phone. :/

Harry: Speaking of which.... what is her number? Leeyum is asking. ;) Quite smitten already. 

Brooke relayed all these messages back to Vinny and Emily. Emily was screaming by the time she was finished reading the final text. 

"OMC! I bet he's just messing with me." Emily slumps, not believing that he could actually like her. 

Brooke: 555-456-8634 

Emily felt her phone vibrating in her pocket, and looked at the unknown number. She started smiling, then bit her lip while responding. She smiled even wider everytime she recieved another one. 

Emily: Ok... So how do I know this is really you and this isn't someone messing with me? 

Liam: Well.... How about a selfie?

Emily: I guess that would do. 

She waited for a response and tapped her nails on the screen of her phone. She felt it vibrate as one of the pads of her fingers hit the cold hard screen of the phone. She smiled as she picked up the phone and bit her lip, getting a selfie that was photobombed by Louis and Niall in the background, along with Harry simply sitting, playing on his phone. Emily snapped a selfie on her phone and sent it to him with the caption of "Well I guess your really Liam then!" She sent it and smiled. 

Liam: yeah aha. 

Emily: So vas happenin?!

Liam: About to play a bit of football

Emily: How about we go a little American? :D 

Liam: How so? 

Emily: You up for a little game of Baseball? :) 

Liam: Sure. 

"Girls, it's time for baseball!" Emily shouted, which resulted in a round of cheers. 

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

All wearing yoga pants, baseball tees, and tennis shoes, they showed up in the park where Liam and Harry had both instructed them to meet them. They hopped out of the car, hoping the lads had some baseball gear. 

"Hey, you Brits got any bats, helmets, and gloves?" They asked hopefully. 

"Please. Who do you think you're talking to?" Louis says, bat slung over his shoulder, gloves in his hand, and baseballs in a bag. 

"Way to go, Tommo!" Emily smiles, and grabs the bat, swinging. 

"Americans and Irishmen versus Brits." Vinny declares, taking the bat from Emily. 

"Break!" Emily yells, and the Brits head towards the outfield while Team American tea with Irish Cream were up to bat first. 

"Hey batter batter, hey batter batter swing!" Emily yells. 

"I've got to just do my thing." Brooke sings. They continue to sing the song as they hit and make it on bases. When they finally switch innings, the Brits seem to be better at baseball than they let on. They weren't the best, but neither were the other team, but it was fun. 

"What do you guys want to do?" Emily says to everyone after the game is over with them winning by two points. 

"You guys want a tour of London from natives?" Liam says, throwing a sweaty arm around Emily. 

"You stink, Payne." She gags and ducks away. "I think we all need to take showers first." Emily says still fanning in front of her nose. 

"We'll meet you outside the hotel. We're staying at the London Bridge Hotel." Vinny says. 

"Meet you in an hour?" Harry pipes up looking at Brooke. 

"Wait guys...." Vinny says making her eyes go wide. "Is that Luke Brooks?" 

"I have no idea." Emily says looking at me. 

"I'll be back." Vinny winks and pretends she was jogging so she doesn't seem like a creeper. 

"Wow... that girl." Emily shakes her head laughing. She starts screaming as Liam chases after her, threatening to hug her. "NO! Stop!" She squirms to get out of his grip. "You stink!" She pretends to gag and finally is able to run away, but Liam was faster. 

"They are so weird." Brooke says to Harry, laughing. 

"Eh. I have a feeling they aren't actually that weird." He says smiling down at Brooke. 

"I am so tired." She says collapsing and laying down looking up at the sky. Harry simply lays down beside her and watches the clouds. 

"So what kind of music do you like?" Harry asks after a long silence. 

"Rap, Country, Ed Sheeran, Little Mix, You guys." Brooke starts listing off artists and types of music she likes. Harry simply nods and listens. "How about you, mr. international popstar?" 

"A little bit of everything. I really like the Ramones and Bon Jovi." 

"Bon Jovi is awesome." Harry and Brooke fell into a comfortable silence. They just laid beside each other and stared at the clouds. 

Vinny heard a whistle come from behind her. She turned and smiled at the boy who looked around her age that whistled at her . 

"Hi." She waved, and kept running. She heard someone fall in step beside her and looked over to see Luke Brooks running next to her. 

"Why hello there." He winks. Vinny giggles and looks at him again. 

As soon as she stopped, he stopped too and looked at her. 

"So what's your name?" He asks her with a smirk. 

"Vinny." She says, and winks before running, leaving him curious about the girl who had just took off. 

Continue Reading