The Last Dance (Nathan/Jay fa...

Od HannnahTW

*completed* Saffron Baker's life is transformed into a blur of excitement, showbiz and heartache once she's g... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (FINAL CHAPTER)

Chapter 10

258 14 7
Od HannnahTW

**Saffron's POV**

I literally ran out of Starbucks, I didn't want Nathan to see the tears that were threatening to spill from my eyes. I don't know why I was so sad. I knew that he wouldn't say he liked me. But I guess there was a part of me that, deep down, that was hoping he'd say something different.

There was a slight rain coming on as I left, nothing more than a drizzle. The autumn afternoon was coming to a close, the light was beginning to fade into darkness and I could see a mist starting to settle in around me as I walked through the streets. My flat wasn't that far away, but I still quickened my pace. I just wanted to be home so I could curl up on my sofa and cry. And cry and cry and cry. I had lost everything today. Trust in people, good friends and my job. I got a slight shiver down my spine as I crossed a particular darkening part of the street. I whipped around in caution. I don't know why. I just had a feeling that there was someone behind me. But there wasn't.

For god's sake Saffron! I told myself, I'm becoming far too paranoid. But as I entered a narrow, dark alleyway which would lead me towards the part of town where my apartment was - I could feel all the hairs on my neck stand up. I glanced down at my arms and drew back my jumper sleeve, I could see I had goosebumps all over. This was strange, I wasn't even cold. I'd never experienced something like this before. My breathing quickened with my pace, I've never been so eager to just be at home - nice and safe. I don't know why, but I felt scared. But then as I walked on, I found out why.

A dark silhouette stepped out of the shadows in front of me, making me jump slightly. He just stood there, not uttering a word.

"E-excuse me, I-I need to get past please," I said, as bravely as I could, but I heard a slight shake in my voice, and so did he.

"Hey, hey, hey," the man said softly, "you don't need to be afraid of me." As he spoke he began to walk slowly towards me, and I could see that once he stopped, when we were inches away from touching each other, he had the darkest eyes I've ever seen, they were dangerous - glinting with spite and evil. They reminded me of a snake.

"What is a pretty young thing such as yourself doing out here all on her own?" He almost hissed, ignoring his question I tried to get away again,

"I'm sorry but I really do need to go home. I'm...I'm meeting up with someone." I lied, and then tried to push past him. But the 'snake man' caught me by surprise. With quick reflexes, he took hold of my arm in his grasp, and wouldn't let go.

"Oh no, you're not going anywhere just yet," he said in a dangerous whisper, bringing his head right next down to mine, I could see the stubble on his face and smell the cheap alcohol on his breath. Without thinking, I brought up the arm that was free and that was holding on to my bag, and hit him sqaure in the head. He let go of my arm and I heard him swear, bellowing out a string of abuse at me, but I couldn't make out what he was saying properly, because I was pushing past him again and running away. And running and running and running.

Was he following me? I wasn't sure. But I kept on going just incase. I didn't know whether that was his footsteps chasing after me or if I was just hearing my own. There was a terrible pounding noise in my head though, and my vision was beginning to cloud, grey patches were appearing in the corners of my eyes. But I kept running. I could see the end of the alleyway coming into view. Nearly there, I tried to tell myself, but I was still panicking.

I reached the end. But I kept on running. Right out onto the road. The mist was heavier now. I couldn't see a thing. Apart from a car's headlights, shining dimly in the light, and advancing ever quicker towards me.

**Jay's POV**

 As I walked away from Nathan I was so angry. I was fuming. I don't think I've ever felt like this before in my life. But then again I've never been hurt as much before. I can't believe I have to share a flat with him. How will I be able to live with him now? But I've made up my mind. I'm going to hurt him as much as he and Saff hurt me. We'll see if he really loves Jenny after this. This'll put him to the test.

I arrived back at our flat and let myself in. When I walked into the living room I was surprised to find none other than Jenny sitting curled up on the sofa.

"Oh, hey Jenny," I said casually as I sat down beside her, "you're just the person I'm looking for."

"Hi Jay. Sorry I'm here, waiting for Nathan y'know? He gave me a spare key. Do you have any idea when he'll be back?"

"Err no, I don't sorry." I said to her, god she had amazing dark blue eyes, oh and her hair, long and black and glossy and - Jenny interrupted me,

"Why are you looking at me like that? And why were you looking for me anyway? Don't you want Saffron." She snorted at the end.

"Well, Jenny, you see the thing is, I'm so sorry. But I found out today that Nathan secretly really likes Saffron," I kept going as I  saw the surprise and horror appear on Jenny's face, she was falling for this, "and then, I popped along to Starbucks to get myself a drink and there they were, sitting at a table together - kissing. I broke up with Saffron then and there and told them both what dirty, cheating, horrible people they were and left." That was part of the truth I suppose, I just elaborated a little. The reaction from Jenny though was exactly what I'd hoped for. She looked hurt at first, but then her eyes hardened.

"I should've known," she said softly, "I always suspected there was something going on between them,"

"But at least we have each other now," I said,

"What do you mean?" Jenny questioned. Instead of answering, I showed her. I pulled her across to me and then began kissing her. She was taken by surprise at first but then went along with me and kissed me back. God, kissing her felt so different than when Saff and I had kissed. With Jenny I felt something, something strange yet exciting, which made me want more. It was as if when we touched there was a fireworks display errupting inside of me. In the background I heard the back door open and close - that must be Nathan back. Good, everything was going how I planned.

"Jay! What the hell are you doing?" I heard Nathan's angry and shocked voice call out. Jenny and I quickly broke apart, although she stayed close to me.

"I want to hurt you as much as you've hurt me." I said bluntly. I could see tears on the verge of spilling from Nathan's eyes. But I didn't feel any sympathy for him at all.

"Jenny...why?" He then turned to her,

"You know why." She shot back. "Jay explained everything."

"You don't honestly believe him do you?" Nathan asked, shocked,

"Jay is the only one I can trust. With you going around behind my back and making out with Saffron its only right for me to feel suspicous."

"You seriously think that's what has gone on?"

Jenny nodded.

"I don't believe this," Nathan sighed with frustration, then he turned to me, "how could you lie about something like this?"

I smirked.

"Wait...what?" Jenny questioned.

"Oh my god." Nathan said, "did it not occur to you Jenny, that Jay would lie about a thing like this? Well here's the truth, Jay lied about whatever story you heard from him about me and Saff because earlier today Saff broke up with him because she didn't love him as a boyfriend but just as a friend and she didn't want to lead him on. Saff then came to tell me that she really liked me. I was shocked yes, but I apologised to her because I said I loved you. Although now I'm not so sure seeing as you're the one who goes around behind people's backs and snogging the face off your boyfriend's best mate! You know what, make that ex-boyfriend." Nathan concluded. Wow. I hadn't expected that from him. I looked over at Jenny. She wasn't crying, but she was upset.

"Nath! Nath wait I'm sorry I-" She tried to say,

"Shh, the phone's ringing. We can discuss this later." Nathan said with a hard edge to his voice. Nathan then picked up the phone.

"Hello? Tanya?"

I heard the muffled sound of Tanya's voice crackling through the speaker held to Nathan's ear.

"Oh shit." He said,

"What is it? What's happened?" I asked, but he signaled for me to be quiet.

Something really, really bad just happened. I could tell. Nathan's face paled as he listened to Tanya rambling on.

"Ok." He finally said, "alright, I'm just coming. Hang on." Then he ended the call.

"What's happened?" I asked again, as Nathan sat heavily down on the sofa beside me and put his head in his hands, "Nath, mate, what is it?" I forgot all that had happened between us and put it all behind. He looked as if he'd seen a ghost. "Nathan?"

As Nathan slowly lifted his head I saw tears streaming down his face.

"Its Saffron." He managed to choke out. A slice of fear and dread rippled through my body at those words. "Its Saffron," he said again, "she's been hit by a car."

A/N: anndd there's the next chapter! Once again hope you all enjoyed it. OOh and there was more drama ;) please comment what you think though guys haha hardly anyone everrrr comments and I like to receive feedback. Thank you (again) for reading!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

6.7K 72 32
From All Time Low, their self titled album - The Wanted and the Behind Bars tour until now, the boys will always be best friends - more like brothers...
7.8K 194 16
*COMPLETED* *Correcting Mistakes* Max has known he was gay since he was a child, but he's never told a living soul. Unfortunately (or in his case, f...
12.2K 204 87
Nathan Sykes and Jay McGuiness are best friends. They are there for each other through thick and thin. They basically haven't left each other's side...
6.5K 45 28
The Wanted are a worldwide known 5 piece famous boy group consisting of Nathan, Jay, Tom, Siva and Max. Their lives seem to be perfect, but will they...