Snapshot (Haikyuu Fanfiction...

By DancingLeaf16

⭐️1st Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 Yu Nishinoya Category⭐️ ️⭐️2nd Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 Be... More

1. First Day of School
2. Photography Club
3. Meeting Karasuno's Boys Volleyball Team
4. Saved By The Libero
5. The Quiet Receiver
6. A Kouhai's Advice
7. Rolling Thunder!!!
8. Just your Average Photographer
9. No more selfies!
10. Please Forgive Me?
11. Garigari-kun Popsicles
12. Hidden Away
13. Training Camp Night
14. Where to sleep?
15. G-Ghost!?!?!?!
16. Improvement
17. The Awaited Message
18. Starting Players
19. Dinner failure
20. Ready?
21. Cats v.s. Crows
22. Reflexes
23. Welcome Back!
24. Interviewing
25. Be Sneaky
26. Pouting
27. Big Boost
28. Long Time No See
29. Rolling Thunder Again
30. Guardian Deity
31. Flavorless
32. Photos
33. Exams K.O.
34. Yachi Hitoka
35. A New Friend
36. The Poster Duo
37. Test Results
38. Arriving to Tokyo
39. Opening Up
40. Tokyo Skytree
41. My Answer
42. Loud Mouth
43. Toss to the Libero!
44. Endless Tosses
45. Return to Tokyo
46. Lightning Toss
47. Working Gears
48. BBQ Time!
49. Workload
51. Call Me Yuu!
52. The First President ~ Kaiji
53. Best Wishes
54. Ice Lemonade
55. Past Memories
56. Sour Citrus
57. Misunderstandings
58. Broken Connection
59. Isolation
60. Open Arms
61. To Forgive
62. Refresh
63. Frozen Popsicles
64. Oh Dear Romeo~
65. Sakura Blossoms
66. Picture Perfect
Author's Note
S1. New Years
S2. Valentine's Day
S3. Christmas
S4. Sakura's Birthday
S5. Beach!
S6. 1 Year Anniversary
S7. College Life
S8. Proposal
S9. Wedding
S10. Sakuya Nishinoya
Haikyuu Fanfiction Series~
Thanks Readers!

50. Movie Date

4.4K 175 35
By DancingLeaf16

Nishinoya POV
(Late afternoon)

A Saturday that I had planned out going to the movies with Sota, Tanaka, Tomoyo, Ennoshita, and the rest of the second years that I knew. That's what I thought, but right now I'm standing next to Sakura who's trying to clear up a misunderstanding with her friend, Nanami.

"What do you mean by trick?" I overhear Sakura say on the phone. She intently listens to Nanami and nods her head in understanding. "It's okay Nanami, it's not your fault...Don't worry about it. I'll figure things out...Let's hang out together one day though. Bye," she hangs up and sighs.

"Is everything alright?" I ask her and she nods her head.

"Well, Nanami said that it was Sota's idea to set us up here to go on a date," Sakura informs me and my eyes widen in surprise. "I thought Tomoyo would set up this kind of thing, I'm surprised that Sota thought of this all by himself..." Sakura continues to talk but something replays over and over in my mind.

A date...A date...A date...No way, does this count as a date!? Did Sota give me this opportunity to take Sakura on a date to the movies?! I suddenly slap my cheeks startling Sakura. I'm such a terrible boyfriend! I never went on a date with Sakura. Sota must've known this and made this happen. I never would've thought of Sota as the type of friend to take the time to plan this out for someone like me! I can't be a boyfriend if I never took her out on a date!

"Noya, I'm sorry. You have to train for the Spring High Representative Playoffs don't you? You can go home if you want," Sakura quietly says and I quickly shake my head.

"The beginning games aren't until the coming Friday, and I'm confident of my skills as a libero, so Sakura, can we go on the date that Sota set us up to?" I grin extending my hand out to her.

"It wasn't planned though," Sakura hesitantly mutters and I take her hand.

"It's okay! I think that just being around you is what makes everything fun," I tell her, "Nothing has to be planned!" I happily pull her along to the movie theaters. "Let's watch an action movie!"

(Meanwhile... With the second years)

"Sota, have you seen Noya anywhere? He's not here for practice and Daichi is raging right now!" Tanaka comes over in a panic and Tomoyo peeks her head out of the door of the photography classroom.

"I sent him on a date with Sakura," Sota answers, not bothering to look at them and their mouths gape in shock.

"D-d-date! I never went on a date!" Tanaka stutters in complete surprise.

"Sending them on a date!! Not bad, Sota!" Tomoyo grins, taking full interest.

"I just want them to do something as a couple," Sota tells them, "Noya's going to end up single again if he doesn't do anything."

"Single! Noya and I were single until he left me!" Tanaka cries out.

"Noya's your best friend! Be proud that he actually got himself a girlfriend!" Tomoyo hits him on the head.

"OW!" Tanaka cries out in pain. "It's not my fault! I want Shimizu to love me!! I want someone to love me like that!!"

A vein pops on Sota's head. "Can you get out of the classroom? I already told you, Noya's not here," he repeats and Tomoyo giggles.

"Well, if you're the one to set them up, where to?" Tomoyo asks Sota and he sighs.

"I sent them to the movie theaters," Sota answers and the two of them show him a deadpan expression.

"You idiot," Tanaka and Tomoyo bluntly point out.

Sota's head jerks up. "I don't want to be called an idiot by two idiots," Sota responds with a vein popping on his head.

"So mean!" they both cry out much to Sota's annoyance.

"Fine, I'll let you two idiots tell me why I'm an idiot," Sota grumbles and Tomoyo frowns.

"That's not very nice," Tomoyo crosses her arms and Sota points to the door.

"No answer means you can answer to Daichi's wrath," Sota tells them and they both vigorously shake their heads.

"Have mercy!!" Tanaka pleads and Sota twitches.

"Then just tell me why I'm an idiot!" Sota shouts in annoyance.

"He really doesn't know," Tomoyo shakes her head. "Have you ever seen Nishinoya watch an action movie before?" Tomoyo asks and Sota shakes his head.

"No," Sota bluntly answers.

"Exactly. Noya's pretty loud when it comes to action movies," Tomoyo points out.

"What's that supposed to mean? How loud can he be?" Sota asks her and Tanaka 's face turns serious.

"He's so loud that he got banned from the theaters last year," Tanaka answers with a thumbs up and Sota sweatdrops.

"How can you say that with such a straight face?" Sota questions.

"I pray for Sakura to not have a terrible experience of being banned from the theaters," Tanaka says putting his hands together for a prayer.

"You pretty much sent Sakura on the worst date possible~" Tomoyo states and Sota shudders hearing her words.

"How was I supposed to know that?" Sota facepalms himself completely regretting the he set up for them.

Sakura POV
(Back to the date)

"What movie would you like to watch?" The register lady asks us.

Nishinoya and I look up to see the movies currently available. "Sakura, are you fine with watching The Avengers?" Nishinoya asks me and I nod my head.

"Of course!" I grin and watch Noya buy the tickets. Hm. If we're going to watch a movie, we should have some popcorn too. "Noya, I'm going to get some popcorn," I tell him and head to the food stand to get some popcorn.

I stand in line waiting for the popcorn. The popcorn pops and the smell of butter reaches my nose. I still can't believe I'm on a date with Noya and it's our first date too! I came here unprepared since I thought I was going to hang out with Nanami, but now I'm going with Noya. My mind is in such a panic that I didn't know that someone was calling out to me.

"Miss? What would you like to order?" The worker asks, trying to get my attention by waving his hand.

"I-I'm sorry! One large popcorn please," I order in a fluster and try to keep myself calm. I'm inexperienced in love, but that's okay. Noya's in the same position as me, we'll learn together. I head over to Noya who's patiently waiting for me with an excited look.

"Sakura, we have to go now! The movie's going to start!" Noya tells me and naturally takes my hand as we head over to find a seat. A small smile forms on my face seeing Noya's energy, I'm glad he offered to go on a date with me even when he should be at practice.

The two of us find some good seats in the middle and sit down with the popcorn between us to share. "Sakura, do you like action movies?" Nishinoya asks me and I nod my head.

"I can watch anything as long as it's a good movie," I answer with a thumbs up. "How about you?" I ask him the same question.

"I love action movies!" Noya loudly shouts pumping his fists. "I can't wait for it to start!"

I giggle seeing Noya's restlessness. At least he's enjoying it. I haven't been at the movie theaters since I was with Mihane and her friends. Going to movies with everyone was fun before Mihane's move, yet Mihane and the movie theaters wasn't exactly the wisest combination since she would always squeal over the boys in the movies and the people would complain about her.

I glance over to Noya, who's anxiously waiting for the movie and I smile. I'm here with him now, I bet I'll have a great time with Noya~

I happily reach for some popcorn watching the advertisements and feel someone's hand. I look over to see Noya's hand reaching out for some popcorn too. "S-sorry!" we apologize to each and look forward to the movie that's finally starting. I hope I can act normal when I'm with Noya though. Luckily, this is a movie and we don't have to talk too much. The lights dim and the movie begins.

The movie starts with some action. The movie theater is silent of any noise with everyone's eyes glued to the movie screen...

"WOAHHHHH!!!!" Nishinoya suddenly shouts jumping in his seat.

"WHA--" I shout back in response being startled from Noya's sudden outburst and the popcorn in the middle flies in the air.

The people around us shush him and Nishinoya's face flushes bright pink from embarrassment. "Sorry Sakura, when I watch movies like this I get easily excited," Noya awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.

"It's fine Noya, I'm glad you're enjoying it," I grin. "Don't restrain yourself because of me," I tell him and his eyes gleam in joy.

"Thanks Sakura!" Nishinoya says in relief. The movie continues on along with Nishinoya's random outburst every time there was some action taking place. I didn't mind it though. I thought it was cute to see him like this because every time Noya would shout out, he would have silly hand gestures to go along with it.

In a way, he reminds me of Mihane back in middle school who would squeal with similar gestures whenever she saw an attractive boy appear on the movie screen.

Yet compared to me, the people around us couldn't tolerate it and continuously shush him. I don't blame them though, Noya's pretty loud, but the way Noya is is just what I love about him. When the movie ends, the credits roll and I notice a movie worker come over to us.

"That movie was great, Sakura!" Nishinoya shouts with a fist pump and I smile, satisfied.

"Yeah, it was amazing, I enjoyed it," I grin and mimic his fist pump.

A movie worker walks over to us. "Are you the person who continuously made noises throughout the entire movie?" he asks and Noya innocently nods his head.

"I am?" Nishinoya honestly answers.

"Well, I'm sorry sir, but we can't have you disturb others during movies again," the movie worker tells him and turns to me. "The same with your friend here," the worker tells me. "I need to have both of your names. You two are banned from the movie theaters for a year."

"Huh?" I say dumbfounded by the situation.

"Seriously, again?!" Noya cries out as we sign our names on a contract to never come back to the theaters for a year.

Nishinoya POV

I walk Sakura home after the movies and think about the consequences of my actions. I can't believe they banned me from the movie theaters again. My ban from last year was just lifted, but now I'm banned again, and not just me but Sakura too. I stop walking and make an abrupt turn to face Sakura. "Sorry you got banned from the movie theaters because of me," I bow down at a ninety degree angle and Sakura shakes her head.

"Don't worry Noya, this actually happened before," Sakura says awkwardly scratching the back of her neck.

"...Before. You went to the movies with a guy before?!" I say in shock and Sakura quickly corrects me.

"No no no. Uh, how do I say this? Back in middle school, whenever I went to the movie theaters with Mihane, she would always squeal and loudly comment on how hot the boys were every time they appeared on the screen," Sakura tells me thinking back to the past. "One day they told her she was banned from the theaters and I was banned along with her," Sakura says with a silly grin.

"Squeal over the boys," I pout and my shoulders droop down, "Sakura, did you squeal over the boys on the screen?"

"Uh--um--I'm not going to lie to you, but I used to squeal over some of the guys with Mihane," Sakura tells me and I sulk hearing the truth. Of course she would, I used to squeal over Shimizu with Tanaka, she would do the same for attractive guys as well.

"Yet compared to all the guys on the big screen, you're the best Noya," Sakura tells me and my heart skips a beat. "You don't care about what people think about you. You can act like your adorable and loud goofball self. You even have your signature moves, Rolling Thunder and Lightning Toss. You're the coolest guy out there!" Sakura grins and my heart races.

"You know, Sakura, you can really comfort a guy when they get jealous," I chuckle pulling my hair back.

This feeling...Love. I always thought I felt love whenever I saw Shimizu, but I had completely mistaken it for simple admiration for looks. Everything Sakura says makes my heart skip a beat. Being near her makes a smile appear on my face. Sakura doesn't know it, but ever since she became my girlfriend, I would always want something more. Maybe I'm spoiled. Maybe I'm going crazy, but every time I see her she shines more radiantly than before. The lingering feeling of doing something more than just holding hands. I always felt like this, but my usual, loud, confidence disappears when I'm with her. I'm just a nervous train wreck.

"What's wrong Noya?" Sakura asks me with a worried expression.

I pull a strand of Sakura's hair from her face and tuck it behind her ear and pat her head. "I'm just thinking about how I have the best girlfriend in the world," I tell her and her face flushes bright red.

"Really...?" Sakura says in surprise and I notice a shadow of a doubt cross her face. "I always thought that I wasn't being the best girlfriend I could be. I've never dated anyone before, so I was worried about how inexperienced of a girlfriend I am," she honestly tells me.

I put my hands on her shoulders and tiptoe up as I lean forward to kiss her. The kiss was short and simple, yet filled with all my love towards her. Her eyes widen and I look her in the eye. "I'm sure Sakura," I tell her with a smile on my face. "I love you. We don't have to make our relationship fast or anything. Let's just enjoy everyday being with each other. After all, love is different for everyone."

Sakura's face flushes bright red and she nods her head. "That's true, I fell in love with you not for the way you look, but for who you are," she says with a smile.

"You don't like the way I look?" I pout, trying to tease her a little and she shakes her head.

"No, I like all of you Noya!" she passionately declares and my face flushes red in complete embarrassment. Damn, she's good at making my heart race!

I give her a light peck on the cheek and watch her cheeks change to all different shades of pink like sakura blossoms. "Sakura~ Let's go on another date in the future," I tell her with a grin. "I'm just as inexperienced as you and never took you on a date until Sota set it up, so now I better step up my game to make a better date. After all, we're two inexperienced people in love dating each other, which means we can always learn something from each other," I state and she chuckles.

"That's true. Let's go on another date, but let's not get banned next time," Sakura says and we both laugh as we hold each other's hands looking at the beautiful night sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 5.3K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
668K 20.8K 74
️️⭐️1st Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 love stories [for canon/OC pairing] Category⭐️ "The crystal is clear and no one notices it, but when it fi...
3.2K 91 22
Y/N L/N is a skilled Volleyball player,She comes to Karasuno and after a lot of convincing, She finally gets to play Volleyball with the Boys Team. S...
153K 6.5K 78
️️⭐️2nd Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 Kenma Kozume Category⭐️ An eccentric girl and a quiet gamer, two inexperienced people in love meet each ot...