Cali. Girl ||Sequel To The St...

By LemonLime1

Six Months. Six whole months have passed since Bella left for California. Everyone has split their separate w... More

Cali. Girl
Chapter 1: My New World
Chapter 2: L.A. Story
Chapter 3: Fall In Love Again?!
Chapter 4: Take Me Back
Chapter 5: The One That Got Away
Chapter 6: Not Going Back
Chapter 7: Time To Get Even
Chapter 8: Forgive Me?
Chapter 9: Presents and Hunters
Chapter 10: Karaoke Secrets
Chapter 11: Secrets Revealed
Chapter 12: Old Friends
Chapter 13: Not So Important
Chapter 15: Koalas Can Be Romantic
Chapter 16: Leaving So Soon?
Chapter 17: It's Mutual
Chapter 18: Preparing to Fly!
Chapter 19: Not To Close
Chapter 20: Flying is a Weakness
Chapter 21: Welcome To Australia!
Chapter 22: Fresh Air and Fresh Start
Chapter 23: Back To The Start
Chapter 24: Vandalized
Chapter 25: Secret Promise
Chapter 26: Something For Me
Note to everyone!
Chapter 27: Getting A Little High
Chapter 28: Elevator Romance
Chapter 29: Ready or Not!
Chapter 30: Swimming!
Chapter 31: Rushing
Chapter 32: Forgetting The Past
Acknowledgment

Chapter 14: Zoo Birds

22.2K 894 265
By LemonLime1

A/N:

I finally updated! I wasn't planning on updating tonight actually, but I decided it was time to update again. I was stuck trying to figure out a good date for Logan and Bella, and I think this is a cute one.  ALSO SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! I WROTE IT IN A LITTLE OVER 30 MINUTES! It's just a small filler for something...... BIG! For those of you who are asking for the ship names and who they are for, here they are:

Nella= Niall+Bella

Biam= Bella+Liam

Bogan= Bella+Logan

Hemily= Harry+Emily

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

KIK; 1DLemonLime1

Twitter: 1DLemonLime1

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

ADD TO READING LIST

~Rebecca

~Bella's P.O.V.~

I glanced in the mirror one last time. Was I to dressed up? No. Yes. No. Yes. I kept contradicting myself. I wanted this relationship with Logan to be..... like a normal relationship. I wasn't dating someone famous. I pushed my brown hair back into a loos ponytail. My white fedora was placed on top of my head. It paired well with my pale pink sundress, and brown leather gladiator shoes.

Logan had called me last night to tell me what the plans were. He was going to pick me up at 5 in the evening. We were going to go to the zoo. You might be thinking "What a childish place to go" Well I think it's.... cute. I'm not used to being able to go out to public places with a date. With Liam and Niall I had to worry about fans. With Logan, I can just take it slow, and enjoy our date.

The clock on my table beeped 4:55. I brushed some mascara that had gotten onto my lower eyelid away. Feeling satisfied, I left my bedroom and walked into the hallway. I crept past the kitchen and den, not sure if anyone was there. I didn't want to tell Maddie and Emily that it was a date. They still think me and Niall were going to get together. Suddenly, Hunter began to bark as he saw me. My hand grasped the door handle.

"Where are you going?" I heard someone ask me. I looked over my shoulder to see Maddie sitting on the couch beside Emily. They both had smirks on their faces. "You are very dressed up" Maddie pointed out my sundress.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going out with a friend" I replied as I adjusted my brown leather messenger bag.

"Just a friend? Or a date?" Emily asked.

I sighed. "It's a date, but-"

"Tell us everything!" Maddie exclaimed. "Where did you meet? Where is he taking you?" she asked me curiously.

I leaned up against the door. "His name is Logan. He had a thing between us when I lived in Oregon. I found out he goes to the same university as me, so he asked me out. We are actually going to the L.A. zoo."I said with a grin.

"That is such a cute place to go on a first date" Emily commented with a grin. "Harry is taking me to a movie latter, Maddie and Chris are coming with us" she added.

"Awesome" I glanced at my silver watch dangling on my wrist. "I should get going. Logan will be waiting. Have fun though" I could hear them shouting bye as I left the apartment. My gladiator shoes hit the pavement outside the apartment building. I spotted Logan's silver Tesla right away. He was leaning against the passenger side door, looking down at his phone. I smiled, and adjusted my brown leather bag on my shoulder before I strode over to him.

"Hey" I said, Logan jumped slightly. He must of not heard me. His face lit up with a grin as I walked over to the car.

"Hi" he smiled in return. He opened the passenger door for me to climb into the car. "Here you are mad'am" he said in a fake posh British accent. I grinned, and slid onto the leather black seat. Logan shut the door behind me, and climbed into the driver's seat. He started the engine, and pulled onto the road. "So how's it going?" he asked.

"It's going good. School is fine. I'm actually thinking about switching degrees to something a bit more interesting. I was thinking......" We talked for the ext half hour as we drove. Logan was the funniest person i knew. He wasn't talking about himself, he was asking about me. Of course I asked him about what he had been up to, but he was interested in..... me being me. Before I knew it we were sitting in the parking lot of the zoo.

For some reason I just wanted to sit their and talk, but I knew we could keep talking as we went through the zoo. Logan opened my door, and offered me a hand. I took it. We walked side by side as  we went to the entrance of the zoo. It was late in the evening, so a lot of people were just leaving. We stood in line for tickets behind another couple. Logan took a deep breath, and turned to me.

"Listen Bella, I know you sort of just went through a breakup. I just want to let you know, i'm fine if you want to take things slow. I've waited 7 years to see you again. I think I can wait a little bit longer" Logan said. As the sun shined on him when he said that, it just made him more perfect. He was willing to take this slow for me.

"Thanks" I said with a smile. Before either of us could say anything, the people in front of us moved up in line. We were next to buy our tickets.

"2 tickets please" Logan said to the lady behind the counter, and slid his credit card to her. She swiped it, and handed his card back. A minute latter she handed us two tickets. 

"Enjoy" she said with a forced smile. We took the tickets, and grabbed a map. As we stepped out of the steady stream of people, we both peaked at the map. "Where to first?" asked Logan, letting me pick. My eyes scanned the glossy map, as my brain debated.

"How about..... the birds?" I suggested. "I hear you walk into basically a big fenced in area, and you can walk around with the birds and feed them" I said recalling what I had heard previously. In the 6 months I had been here in California, I had never once been to the zoo.

"Birds it is" Logan confirmed folding up the map, and slipped it into his back pocket. Logan looked at me.

"What?' I asked him with a giggle. He stared at me for a second. He opened his mouth like he was about to say something, than just shook his head. We had some small talk about random things as we walked down the path. The birds was one of the first exhibits in the zoo. It was a long path through a little mini forest. It was fenced it, so it was only about 15 feet high. Birds were perched on trees, plants, and the fencing people could walk through with a little container of nectar, and the birds would sit on your hand and eat it.

"Aww how cute" I cooed looked though the fence at a hummingbird that was staring at me. Logan smiled at my reaction as he paid for the nectar. He handed me the small paper cup. 

"let's go" He said putting his arm around me. I felt even warmer as he did this. Not a bad overheating warm. More of a..... comforting warmth. Logan walked beside me, never taking his shoulder off me as we walked through the sanctuary. Suddenly, a bird landed on my hand as I held out the nectar.

"Logan!" I exclaimed. "Grab my phone and take a picture" I said motioning towards the pocket on my bag. The bird had a loose  grip on my pointer finger. Logan found my phone, and turned it on. I smiled at the camera as he took the picture. We both laughed as it flew away. Logan took his nectar, and tried to get a bird on his finger. I let him wander around, and I sat down on the fence, the bird still eating the nectar.

As I sit on the fence, feeding the brightly colored bird, Logan comes up to my ear, his hair brushing my cheek and his breath tickling my neck. "You know.... Bella means beautiful in Italian?" a bright red shade creeps up onto my cheeks. I turn and my eyes meet his brown eyes and slowly our lips meet. I wrap my arm around his neck and he brings me closer to him. I can't breath, but I don't want to. The moment is to perfect. Ever so slowly, I pull  reluctantly away from him. His cheeks are slightly flushed. I looked down at the ground, my face burning.

Logan cleared his throat. "Come on, there's a place where we can hold the koalas" Logan said, taking my hand. A familiar spark ran through my hand. Perfect. Not the moment, not the birds, not the koalas. Logan. Logan was perfect.

A/N:

PLEASE DON'T HATE ON LOGAN! If your a Biam fan, please keep it to yourself. If you are a Bogan fan, please keep it to yourself. If you are a Nella fan, please keep it to yourself. It's just that some people have been fighting in the comments about that, and I am just trying to prevent it

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

ADD TO READING LIST

~XRebecca

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.7K 2K 51
After three years apart, circumstances keep bringing Niall and ChloƩ together. Can they work through their issues and find their way back together or...
1.8K 96 30
Delilah loves her life. Well, since she ran away from her uncle to live with Niall and Harry she loves it. What happens when she lives with the only...
1.2K 13 1
Nikki Castiel already has everything. Perfect job that she loves, beautiful flat, a loving boyfriend, what more could she ask for? Well, she was give...
1.7K 113 54
Eleanor and Louis are having some problems. When their break up causes depression for Louis, a mysterious and good looking stranger meets him there c...