Keep It Together (OHSHC/Hikar...

By SydPhantomhive

Amarante, or if you go by her Japanese name, Katashi, is Tamaki's fraternal twin sister. After two years of n... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 5

7.9K 237 34
By SydPhantomhive

My first day at Ouran Academy had been... interesting. I was right about all the girls wanting to be friends with me. While I guess I appreciated the kindness because they helped me get around the vast school, it was really irritating to have them always around me wherever I went. Their questions ranged from Tamaki to my old life in France, and I wasn't always sure how to answer them. Not to mention I knew they were only acting like that to get closer to Tamaki.

Speaking of my brother, it had been a bit odd being around him so much, as well. Since we were in the same class, I saw him almost the entire day, and I wasn't sure what to talk to him about. Also, I didn't want to let anything slip that I needed to keep to myself, like our mother or Eric. It was a lot more work than I had expected, and I was beginning to think maybe we had grown a lot more apart than I had originally thought in those two years.

I walked to the abandoned music room after school, but I was surprised not to already hear the chattering and giggling of all the girls. I knew I was a little late since I had to go to the office to get my schedule straightened out, but that only meant that they would all be inside the room. I screwed my lips to the side when I finally arrived at the double doors.

I pushed open the doors slowly, and I saw the lights were off inside. No one was there. I moved inside. Was the club not operating that day? I wasn't sure when it was and wasn't. Asking Tamaki might have been a smart thing to do, but I hadn't the chance before our last class ended.

Sighing, I decided to take a look around while I had the chance since I didn't really the last time. I was more interested in the white grand piano off in the corner, actually. I walked over and ran my hand across the top, smiling. I had yet to find a piano in the mansion, so knowing there was one in the school made things a bit lighter. I played a few simple chords. "It's in tune," I mused. I was going to have to test it further later.

Movement outside the giant window next to the piano caught my attention. I frowned at the sight. Down in the courtyard, there were a bunch of tables set up with treats and tea on them. All the girls I had expected to see were down there with the Host Club. I could see Tamaki, who was running around for some reason, Kyoya, Hikaru, and Kaoru were all dressed as waiters while Haruhi, Mori, and Honey were in traditional kimonos. From how beautiful the cherry blossoms were, I figured it was probably a viewing party or something of the like.

I pouted, "Il aurait pu me dire...." which meant that he could have told me. I took a deep breath and maneuvered around the school again to the courtyard.

When I arrived and started over to the group members, the first thing I saw were the twins swaying back and forth, and Tamaki was crying as he shook Haruhi. Hikaru said, "You don't have to rush things. She's going to be found out soon enough."

"Physical exams are the day after tomorrow," Kaoru continued.

I came up behind them and asked, "Who's going to be found out?"

They jumped around, and I took a bit of enjoyment from seeing them so startled. "Whoa!"

"K-Katashi? Hehe, what are you doing here?" Tamaki rubbed the back of his head nervously.

"Well, I was looking for you, but you didn't tell me that you guys weren't meeting in the room today. Anyway, what are you talking about? What's with physical exams?" I toyed with them.

"It's rude to eavesdrop, Frenchie!" the twins immediately said, trying to get off topic.

I glared, "It's rude to run into people without apologizing!"

Hikaru stated, "That wasn't our fault."

I annoyed them, "Of course, it was." I brought my attention back to the others, "If this is about Haruhi being a girl, I already know." All of their mouths dropped, besides Kyoya. Was there anything he didn't know?

Suddenly, two hands covered my mouth. "Don't say it so loud!" Kaoru scolded me.

"Do you want everyone to hear?" Hikaru said.

"How did you figure it out so fast, Kata-chan?" Honey wondered, skipping over to me.

I peeled off their hands and said, "For starters, you guys are doing a really bad job of hiding it. Second, she just looks like a she. I mean, look at those huge, brown eyes and try to tell me they're not girly."

Kyoya smirked, "Are we sure you and Tamaki are related?"

Haruhi laughed, "He was the last to find out."

"I only see the beauty in people!" Tamaki defended dramatically.

I grinned, "Well, my frère naïf, pretty girls tend to look like girls. So, can I guess you're not cross-dressing for fun?"

"Well, it's a pretty long story," Haruhi laughed sheepishly. She quickly explained to me how she had stumbled upon the Host Club when looking for a place to study. When Tamaki caught her off guard, which he easily and often did to people, she knocked into a Renaissance vase worth eight million yen. I knew she was on a scholarship, so the fact that she was indebted that much to them made me feel terrible! Mistaking her for a boy at first, they made her work at the Host Club as an errand boy before turning her into an official member of the club. They found out her true gender a little later on, but they kept it secret so that she could continue working as a host.

"How come you can't just exempt them?" I asked.

Kyoya answered, "I'm afraid they're mandatory. I had forgotten all about them, actually."

"Then, that means there's no doubt. They're gonna know... I'm really a girl," Haruhi figured, but she didn't seem all too worried by that fact. The boys, on the other hand, were on the other end of that spectrum. While Kyoya didn't look concerned, and I was sure from what I had gathered about him by then that he had some sort of plan, the rest of the club were completely shocked by the possibility that they might lose Haruhi.

I frowned, "Shouldn't you be scared? Being an errand boy pays a lot less. Maybe there's a way around it."

"If Haru-chan tells everyone now, then we could probably figure something else out!" Honey suggested.

"Yeah, it wouldn't be-" I began.

"No!" Tamaki, Hikaru, and Kaoru yelled.

"Qu-Quoi?" I stuttered in surprise of their outburst.

"No one tells Haruhi's secret!" Tamaki commanded. He looked over to me, "Katashi, the Host Club members are the only ones who know. You'll keep this between us, won't you?" All eyes were suddenly on me.

I grinned, grateful for the easy way to ask my question, "Oui! I actually came to find you because I was wondering if I could join the Host Club?"

He gasped, "Y-You want to be a Hostess?" There was a prideful look in his eye that terrified me.

I opened my mouth, but Hikaru spoke up, "I don't think too many girls would want to be entertained by her. They're usually looking for guys."

"Besides, I think we've covered every personality now," Kaoru agreed.

"Actually, you'd be surprised how many girls might just want to talk to someone who wouldn't judge them like their friends might. Not to mention there may be girls who are lesbian," Kyoya intervened with a smirk. Oh, allez! I groaned, meaning, "Oh, come on!"

"I really don't think-" I tried.

"Then, it's settled! Katashi will follow in my steps and be our new Hostess!" Tamaki announced with a dramatic pose. My jaw dropped.

Honey cheered, "Yay, Kata-chan!" The twins simply shrugged at this, and Mori said nothing, as always.

I shouted, "Attendez!" They all paused, unknowingly listening to my plea to wait. I walked over to Tamaki. "Tamaki, I'm not like you. I can't do something like this. I was thinking something more along the lines of helping run it. I've been studying business for the past few years, and I'm really great at math. That's where I'd be a greater asset."

"While I appreciate the offer, I can handle all the work needed to keep this club running. The best thing you can do is get more money flowing in," Kyoya declined, a glint in his glasses that hid the smug look in his eye.

I pleaded, "I have to be needed somewhere else."

Tamaki wrapped an arm around me and pulled me close, "Katashi, I know you're nervous about entertaining all these girls. It is a daunting and exhausting task." Exhausting, of all things? He released me and took a step forward, pressing a hand to his forehead. "It might even get to be too much at times." He twisted and pointed at me with a huge smile, "But we're Suohs! Beauty is meant to be admired, and it would be sinful to deny the world that! Charisma runs in our blood, so don't you worry. When I'm through with your training, you'll be the best Hostess there ever was or will be!" I thought bitterly, I remember a time when we were the Grantaines.

I almost said it in a flare of anger when the twins snuck up behind me. Kaoru whispered, "It's probably better to just go along with him now. Do you see that determination in his eyes?"

"If you were with him for fourteen years, you should know that he's not going to back down now," Hikaru stated. I sighed, resigned. Rest calme, I allowed Eric's words to echo in my head. Keep it together, Amarante.

I surrendered, "I guess... I could try. It wouldn't hurt."

Honey hugged me immediately, "You're going to love it!" I wasn't too sure.

Haruhi warned me, "Just remember that it gets a little crazy around here." I think I could already tell that, but the reminder made me sweat a little more.

Tamaki grinned proudly, "We'll start your training as soon as we can. You're going to do great!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 28 20
Takahiro Ootori, younger twin brother of Kyoya Ootori. You two were two peas in a pod, but two years before the main story you were sent to your Aunt...
1.7K 66 8
After being n the host club for a year, Haruhi Fujioka has been starting to get feelings for Tamaki Suoh. Though she hasn't exactly been able to spe...
290K 10.3K 36
*#1 in #kaoru* Azami Fujioka arrived at Ouran Academy with her younger sister, Haruhi, on a scholarship in hopes to get a better education. She was s...
960K 22.8K 57
Y/n is Haruhi's sister. She is also an honor student at Ouran. Her scores were right behind Haruhi's. Once she enters the high school Haruhi takes he...