Keep It Together (OHSHC/Hikar...

Por SydPhantomhive

Amarante, or if you go by her Japanese name, Katashi, is Tamaki's fraternal twin sister. After two years of n... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 4

8.7K 261 72
Por SydPhantomhive

My bedroom at the Suoh Estate was much larger than the one Mama owned when I was fourteen. The walls had been painted blue, and the bed was a darker shade of the same color. While I guess one could say it was grand, it wasn't very personalized. In fact, for someone of my status, it was pretty standard. I really didn't care much for it. It was just a place I had to live in.

I finally finished unpacking my things when I heard, "You know, the servants could have done that for you." I smiled hearing the French words. While I spoke Japanese just fine, though I would accidentally mix in French words, I much rather have spoke my native tongue.

I sat on the bed and shrugged, "I don't trust new staff. They don't know me, and I don't know them. I rather place my possessions where I know they'll be tomorrow."

Tamaki took only one step into my bedroom, "They aren't bad people."

"I'm sure they aren't, but that doesn't stop my paranoia," I said.

There was a moment of silence before he shut the door behind him. Then, he asked, "How is Mother?"

I frowned, "You know I can't tell you that."

"Grandmother won't know."

"She always knows. I doubt these walls are exactly soundproof," I protested. The look on his face was confirmation of my statement. "Does she live with us?"

"No, but she's staying the night. I understand why, now," Tamaki replied.

I grimaced, "Good. I don't want to be near her."

He argued, "You shouldn't say that about her."

I continued, "She's a nasty old woman. She treats us like we should be grateful that her family is caring for us, even though we're illegitimate. It makes me sick. We shouldn't be treated like prisoners by her." He said nothing that time. I raised an eyebrow. "You do feel the same?" I sighed. "I'm not surprised."

He didn't respond to that but asked, "Why did you really come here, Amarante?"

"The same reason as you. Grandmother," I shrugged.

"But why did she want you here?" he pressed.

"If I knew, I would tell you, but I don't. She just appeared the other day and threatened to stop paying Mama's medical bills again. Mama was just starting to get better after her recent relapse.... I couldn't let that happen." I sighed and looked at my hands in my lap. "We're in the same position now, René. I can't contact her anymore. I know the phone number, but she'll know if I call. I can't see her again. Grandmother doesn't want me associated with her...." I balled up my hands to keep in the sadness and fury I was feeling about the situation. She said she wouldn't bother us any longer if Tamaki or I went with her the first time, but she lied and went back on her word for the second time since. Even worse, I couldn't do a thing about it. She held all the cards. Mother's health meant more to me.

Tamaki apologized, "I'm sorry. I didn't think she'd do this."

I smiled bitterly at him, "Yeah, well, neither did we. I suspect this has something to do with being the heir in the family, but I'm really not sure." I was just as confused as Tamaki about everything. Grand-mére was known for making drastic decisions. I had hoped they would never involve me again, but fate had other plans. "You never were interested in the family business, on our Mama's side or Mr. Suoh's. Perhaps she's trying to scare you."

"I know it's mine, but I don't want it. Maybe you'll become the heiress," he hoped.

I growled, "She'd die before she'd convince me to take the company." When he gave me a look, I sighed, "I know it wasn't nice to say, and I won't say it to her face. I'll be civil enough to get through this evening."

"And Mother... is she alone?" Tamaki wondered. He was trying to broach the subject gently that time, but I could only tell him so much. Grand-mère specifically told me what I could reveal in the drive to Ouran earlier that day. She had been the one to pick me up from the airport.

"No. Mama has others to help her. Don't worry, René. She'll be fine," I assured him, but the thoughts running through my head made me want to make him worry. Not that you cared about her well being before, nor did you help nurse her back to health these past two years. You were too busy charming girls. Messing around.

Remembering what he had done, I couldn't stand to talk about such matters for so long. My anger was starting to fight to take control of me. I wanted him to leave me alone before he or I did something regrettable. "I'm really sorry, but I'd like to change before dinner in an hour. I'll see you down there, okay?"

"O-Oh, okay, that's fine. I'll be in my room if you need me," he said, opening the door. I nodded in response. Before he closed the door to leave, he grinned, "Amarante, I'm really glad I got to see you again."

"Same here."

I poked the food in front of me with my fork. My grandmother, Tamaki, Mr. Suoh, and I sat at the dinner table, which was exceedingly too long for a family of four and would be three the next day. I felt very far away from them all, besides Tamaki. He sat across from me, but Grand-mére and Mr. Suoh sat on opposite ends of the table. We sat in an uncomfortable silence that was only disrupted by the sounds of silverware.

"Do you like your room, Katashi?" Mr. Suoh suddenly asked in an attempt to strike up conversation. I looked over to him, and it hit me that he was actually my father.

I had some memories of him growing up, but he hadn't been around us much. When we started school, his visits became few and far between until they stopped altogether, most likely because of Grand-mére. Those visits were more than what I could have gotten. If he had married after leaving Mama, I wouldn't have even met him. Grand-mére only brought Tamaki in the first place to become the heir to the company since Mr. Suoh had no children. She never would have let us have contact with him if she hadn't been worried. Unfortunately, it had been a tradeoff I didn't want. Mr. Suoh for my mother.

I answered, "Oh, uh, yes. It's very nice. Thank you, Mr. Suoh." He looked a bit disappointed that I would only address him as Mr. Suoh, but he still gave me a curt nod in response.

"Did you find Tamaki at school?" my grandmother asked in her icy tone.

"Yes, she did. It was a real surprise," Tamaki laughed.

I chimed in, "Yeah, I came in under the assumption that he knew, but it all worked out well, Grand-mére."

I jumped at the sound of her knife being slammed on the table. "Don't call me that!" she scolded. I was completely taken aback by the episode.

I told her, "But I've always called you my grand-mére."

She glared, "You'd be smart not to argue with me. I don't want to hear any French spoken in this household. You are to only speak your native tongue. And you two won't refer to each other as your French names, either. Have I made myself clear to you?"

But French was my native language. Was she trying to ignore the fact I was half French, then? Was it just another ploy to make me seem more respectable than the worthless thing I was to her? She couldn't take that away! I could barely help speaking French most of the time, so how was I even going to stop myself? No, I wouldn't let her break all my ties. Not so early on. I could speak in whatever language I wanted to!

I balled my hands into fists, and she gave me a challenging look. Tamaki spoke up quickly, "I understand." My gaze shifted to him, and he pleaded with his eyes for me to just go along with it.

I took a deep breath and complied, "Of course, Grandmother. I'm sorry if it caused any annoyances, and I apologize for any future slip ups." I turned to Mr. Suoh. "May I be excused?"

He blinked, "Dinner was only just served."

I lied, "I know, but I'm very tired from my flight. I'd rather go to sleep and be prepared to go to school tomorrow than stay up much longer and suffer on my first day."

My grandmother cut in, "She is excused, Yuzuru."

Quickly, I stood up and bowed, "Thank you all for the gracious welcoming and delicious dinner." Then, I walked out of the dining room and up the stairs, nodding to all the servants I passed in greeting.

The only servant to actually stop me was the Chief of Staff, Shima Maezono, "Miss Katashi, shouldn't you still be eating?"

I turned to her, "No, I was excused."

"Are you feeling alright? Is there anything I can help you with?" she wondered. She was acting rather nice to me for such a severe-looking woman.

"Oh, uh, I'm fine. Do you happen to know the time, though?" I asked.

"It's just past seven o'clock."

"Very good. Thank you," I told her and rushed off again, taking out my phone. When I finally reached it on the other side of the mansion, I closed and locked the door behind me. I dialed the number quickly.

"Bonjour?" a male voice came through, but I could tell his mouth was full.

"Eric, don't talk with your mouth full!" I laughed in French.

"Oh, Amarante!" he said, and I could hear him shifting around as he got up from his seat. "Sorry, I didn't expect you to call during lunch."

"Well, there's a seven hour difference, and I knew this way I wouldn't be calling during your classes," I explained. "How are you?"

"I'm well, but I'm more concerned about you," he said. I made a noise of hesitation in response. Eric knew about my brother leaving and my grandmother. "Oh, no. What's happened?"

"Things are just... different. My grandmother hadn't told Tamaki about me coming here, so I completely shocked him in front of all his friends."

"Tamaki? Who's that?"

I apologized, "Oh, I'm sorry, that's René's Japanese name. Anyway, she doesn't want me to call her the name I've always called her by, and she doesn't want to hear me speak a word of French."

"Then, should we even be talking like this? I know Japanese just fine," he offered.

"No, I think I'm fine for now. I'll try to call from school if I can," I denied. "I just don't understand fully. It's as if she's trying to completely wipe out the fact that I'm French. I knew she hates I'm not fully Japanese, but this seems a little too extensive."

Eric laughed nervously, "Yeah, my parents said she didn't look too happy when she met with them a few years ago. I'm not looking forward to my turn."

"I don't know what to do, Eric. I look at René, and I just start getting angry. He hadn't even mentioned me to his friends. Not once. They were all so shocked to find out he had a twin.... Did he really think he could just get rid of me? That I would never come back?" I demanded, already feeling the bitterness eating at me by simply speaking of him.

Eric was the voice of reason, "I don't know why he lied about leaving, but your grandmother seemed to have made it very clear that you were never to see each other again. The only reason she forced you to leave is because of being the heiress, right?"

"I'm guessing. I don't know. She never said," I shrugged.

"Either way, she told you to be friends with him. Whatever the problem is that made you go to Japan, you have to at least try. This is a shock to him, too," he reminded me.

"But he created a host club," I stressed. "I don't want any part of that!"

"What's that?" he asked.

"Ask Renge. She'll tell you," I dismissed with another tired breath. I heard the school bell go off in the distance.

He told me, "I've got to get to class. Just try to keep it together, alright?"

"I'll try," I promised, unsure if I could actually do it.

"I love you" Eric said.

I paused briefly, as I always did, before responding, "I love you, too."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

204K 6.6K 34
Tokimatsu Kazumi didn't have many friends at Ouran. As a Third Year, she didn't care about the majority of the things the other girls fawned about...
2.1M 58.2K 66
I'm haruhi's sister, Aika, I am one year older and ever since our mother died it had been hard, but haruhi and me have been trying, especially for ar...
60.7K 1.8K 26
Mikasu Hitachiin is the unknown older sister of the well-known Hitachiin twins, Hikaru and Kaoru. Being disliked by their parents she was forced to l...
232K 6.1K 24
Enrolled in the all-prestigious Ouran High School, Fujioka Haruhi should be delighted. However, being in the Host Club was not something she had plan...