All I Need Is You

By kurrii

When Beca Mitchell gets pregnant with Jesse's baby on accident, can Chloe stick by her side the whole time? More

It's My Job
I Apologize
Just A Little Tired
You Need Someone
Call It Quits
Tell Her
That's Your Baby
What Now
Up Too Late
I'm Fine
Doesn't Fucking Fit
Weddings and Jaeger Bombs
Meet Me at Carver Park
I Got Your Back, Babe
I'd Vote For You
In This Together
You Got It, Red
Fight Me, Blondie
Blue Everywhere
Dehydration
Mommy
Bust Out The Rhymes

Sick Days

1.4K 45 3
By kurrii

"My lover's got humor. Shes the giggle at a funeral. Who's everybody's disapproval, shoulda worshipped her sooner." Beca sang along to Take Me to the Church, which turned into humming when she began to make pancakes. Since Chloe wasn't in bed or in the kitchen when she got up, she decided to be the one to fix the food. But when she walked down the stares, Beca knew why she wasn't in the kitchen.

The redhead was extremely pale, and it looked like she had been up the whole night. Beca turned off the stove and walked over to her. "Hey babe, how are you feeling?" She attempted to put her hand on the slightly taller woman's head, which earned her a scowl and a small slap of the hand. "Im fine. I'm just a little hot." She choked out. She took a big swallow, indicating her throat was sore too. Beca laughed at her girlfriend, who was barely keeping her balance. "Chlo, you're sick. Go to bed and I'll bring you some water and medicine." She walked over to the stove taking the semi-cold pancakes off the griddle, while Chloe sat across from her on a stool. "I'm not sick, Bec. You have no idea what you're talking about." Beca held up a pancake, "Eat this." "What?" "Eat this pancake to show me you're not sick." Beca smirked as Chloe took the pancake. But one wiff through her stuff nose and she was heading towards the bathroom.

Chloe was leaning over the toilet bowl, throwing up everything in her. Beca held back her hair, finally feeling what Chloe had been for 3 months during her morning sickness. After she was done, she plopped herself on the floor, leaning her back against the cold tub. Beca squatted down as best as she could, wiping down her face with a wet wash cloth, then handing her a toothbrush. "Do you believe me now?"

--

"If I'm a pagan of the good times, my lover's the sunlight. To keep the goddess on my side, she demands a sacrifice." Beca sang once more as she was folding towels. After throwing up a second time, Chloe finally took some medicine and passed out on the couch. If it wasn't for the chores, she would've sat right there and watched her, because Chloe's soft sleep whispers were her favorite.

"Bellas." Beca perked up, hearing the word coming from the sick girl. "Call...Bellas." She was still asleep, but even then she worried about those girls. "Babe, I did. You told me to cancel the practice an hour ago." Chloe mumbled something in audible, making Beca laugh. After folding the last towel, she grabbed the thermometer and turned it on. She traced it across her forehead, the sick one barely stirring. "101.8" Beca mumbled, knowing that if it gets an higher, they would have to be going to Chloe's least favorite place.

She stuck a ice cold water bottle on her girlfriend's cheek, instantly waking her. "You need to drink water. Your temp is close to 102, and rising." Chloe kicked off her blankets in a heated daze and took the water bottle, chugging half of it in a second. "You need to stay hydrated, babe." Beca said in a concerned voice. Chloe responded by saying "Yeah, yeah, yeah" and spreading herself across the couch again.

--

In an hour, Beca knew that her body temperature wasn't going to go down by itself. It was 102.6, and nothing was keeping it down. Chloe did everything she was told, to drink water, sleep, take medicine, but none of it helped. By noon, the girls were rushing to the hospital, Beca not caring one bit if she got sick. "But I dont wanna go." Chloe wined like a small child from the back seat, face leaned on the cool leather. "I know, but you have to." She turned on the air conditioner, despite being quite chilly outside. She quickly parked the car, helping Chloe out. Keeping her balance with an arm wrapped tightly around her waist and holding one of her hands, they walked inside the building. It would've taken 10 minutes to get inside if Chloe wasn't sick, but right now, she was too weak to fight back.

Almost instantly, Chloe was taken back to a room when she told the desk nurse the fever was almost 103. She was given medicine, and tried relaxing in bed when the doctor came in. "We're still running some tests, but I'd like to speak with your partner." Chloe, who was still in a dream state, motioned to the door saying "Don't have too much fun."

"Sorry, she's sort of out of it." Beca stuttered when they got out of the room. "It's okay, but I actually wanted to talk about you." She looked at the tall male doctor with a look of extreme confusion. "But I'm not sick." "You've been around her all day, and that itself is a high enough risk for getting sick. If you had a 103 fever, it could severely effect your baby." Beca sighed, not even wanting to think about hurting her son. "What do I need to do?" "Stay away from her room for now. We'll keep you updated, but it's best if you stay in the waiting room." She agreed, said one quick 'i love you' to Chloe, and sat in an uncomfortable waiting room chair.

After what seemed like 2 hours, but was actually 25 minutes, she decided to call Aubrey to come wait with her. Upon telling her the news about Chloe, she sounded worried and said she'd be there in lighting speed. "Updates?" She said walking up Beca, carrying two coffees. "No, and I don't drink coffee." Aubrey sat down, handed her the coffee and winked, "It's decaf. You're gonna need it." Beca thanked her, taking a sip of the drink she hasn't had in months. "So she just woke up sick?" Aubrey asked, already half way done with her drink. Beca shrugged, "she went to bed fine, but woke up sicker than a dog." The blonde smiled, "Did she try saying she wasn't sick and perfectly healthy." The brunette smiled back, "Yeah, then I shoved a pancake in her face." Both girls laughed, making sure they weren't loud because it was a hospital. As much as she didn't get a long with Aubrey in college, she was pretty happy she was here.

--

Chloe didn't really understand what was happening. She knew that she had a very high fever and a sore throat, but she didn't know why her girlfriend wasn't able to stay with her. Beca was usually the one by her side 24/7. Even two years ago when she was in a car wreck, all she did was break her wrist and got a concussion, but she was there the whole time.

"Where's Beca?" She said dryly towards a nurse checking her temperature. "Your girlfriend? She's in the waiting room." She smiled knowing Beca was still here, but still wanted her by her side. "Hun, your temp only went down to 102.2. Is it okay if we put you in an ice bath?" The nurse had a strong southern accent, which made it hard for the sick woman to focus. "Uh, yeah, sure." Getting out of bed, she felt herself shiver, despite being able to feel her burning skin. If it was just Beca here, she would have stripped naked because of how hot she felt, but because there was a nurse, she decided to stay clothed for now.

Luckily, a tub had been moved to her room while she was sleeping, so she didn't have to walk her weak self far. She stripped to her underwear and bra and slowly got in the ice and water filled tub, feeling a few pieces of ice melt underneath her. "You'll stay in here for 10 minutes, and then I'll check your temp again. Okay, hun?" Chloe nodded her head, hoping one of these baths will be enough.

--

Two hours. That's how long Beca and Aubrey had been waiting for. Aubrey was the smart one and brought a book, while Beca walked around for a little bit, then decided to sit. She was twirling her thumb around the little bit of belly button that was sticking out when Aubrey said "Are you sure you're not expecting twins?" Beca laughed, knowing that because of her petite frame, she looked slightly more than 6 months pregnant. "I'm pretty sure, Bree. You would be the first to know." She deadpanned. Before Aubrey could return back to her book, a nurse came out and called for their attention.

"We would like to keep her over night because she is not fully healthy, but she is healthy enough for you to see her." Beca smiled seeing her girlfriend, still in a hospital gown and an IV in her hand to keep her hydrated. She rushed to her side, kissing her forehead, which was still pretty warm. "Hey red." Aubrey said from behind them. Chloe's eyes lit up, seeing her best friend. "Aubrey came?" Beca shrugged, "I needed someone to keep me company." The blonde nudged her, both happy that she is finally getting better.

--

"Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen you knife. Offer me that deathless death. Good God, let me give you my life." Beca tapped her thumbs on the steering wheel to the beat, singing along and not missing a word. "You are freaking obsessed with that song." Chloe joked, smiling at her dorky girlfriend. "I'm just happy that you're out of that place. The waiting room chairs sucked." She made an ugly face, reminiscing about those uncomfortable grey chairs. "The hospital bed wasn't the best either." "I know, I slept in it with you." Beca smirked, which made Chloe blush. 'Take Me To Church' had played for the fifth time, but no one cared because Chloe was finally healthy and going home to sleep in her own bed and have Beca make burnt food.

--

I intended to have this done like Tuesday as a football chapter, but then i got sick (not like chloe sick) and decided to write this.
I hope you like this!! Thanks for reading!!

PS i have to idea why Take Me To Church was added in it. I just like that song and added it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 185 19
Beca was once human she had a girlfriend that loved her and she loved her but her girlfriend had a dark secret and soon it changed Beca's life and no...
6K 214 10
Idea by @Darkshine14. Set in an alternative universe, Beca and Chloe have been dating for a few years and are hopelessly in love with each other but...
19.1K 555 22
Beca and Chloe have been best friends since sixth grade when Chloe moved to Beca's school. They instantly clicked and became friends and were always...
3.6K 153 7
Beca and Chloe use to be so in love, that was until Beca made a mistake. Now both live different lives. Ones happy while the others not. Will they fi...