Rogue and Alpha

By alandra_01

Lex is a rogue wolf by birth and her parents left her when she was fourteen in the capeable hands of one of h... More

Rogue and Alpha
part two
part three
part four
Part five
part Six
Part eight
part nine
part Ten
Part Eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
Part fourteen
Authors note
Part Fifteen
Part 16
Help me out my fellow readers
part seventeen
Part eighteen
Part 19
Authors note
Authors note
Sequel update
Its out!!!

Part Seven

45.3K 929 58
By alandra_01

Isaiah's POV

I was in a meeting with Cole. There had to be something important if he called me and set up a meeting right away. As of right now I am in the middle of nowhere and Ian was sitting in the car. He didn't need to know anything about Cole yet. I heard some tires flying on gravel and over sticks. Finally a black pick up truck pulled up and parked in front of me. And out stepped Cole and his Beta, Jerry.

"Isaiah, I got some news I needed to share with ou in person."

"What is it Cole?" Cole believed that I should be the alpha of my pack because Mica is still a child and doesn't belong in charge-ever, and I agree. Mica shouldn't be Alpha; he was too weak with his choices. Rogues feared our pack when his grandfather was in control, but when his father took over rogues were free to roam our lands. And after Mica's father died by a "surprise" rogue attack I guided him to believe that rogues should be killed no matter who they are. He follows close to what I have told him, but not fully. It annoys me that he doesn't believe that they are dangerous.

"We just found out that we may know where the pure blood girl is, but we also have been informed that Jedediah has also found her."

"Blast! Where is she?" Cole looked to his beta. Whenever his beta talked it was because of bad news.

"If she is dead so help me-"

"No she's alive alright, but sir...she...she's-"

"Well spit it out you mumbling fool!"

"She's your Alpha's mate." He said in a hushed voice.

"Come again?"

"Mica's mate is the pure blood we have been looking for." He said again, louder this time.

Mica's POV

I couldn't believe myself when she said she loved me. I was so happy. On the way back the pack house I didn't need music to cover the silence. It wasn't weird at all. Halfway there I gently grabbed Lex's hand and she let me hold it. I felt like I could conqueror the world right then and there and I was on- no I was above cloud 9. She loved me, which in turn meant that she trusted me right? I mean I wouldn't have said I love you to her if I didn't think I trusted her. When we finally got back to the pack house I turned the car off and just sat there. Lex sat next to me and held my hand.

"Did you want to come with me to go talk to the man we saw earlier this morning?" I asked as I looked at her.

"What are we going to do?"

"Just ask him what he knows. Maybe find information about pure bloods. I mean I can't ask anyone-" I paused. I could ask someone, or more likely Lex could ask someone.

"You know what, maybe you could ask someone about pure bloods."

"Who?" She asked as her face was covered with confusion.

"Here come on. I'll show you." I said as I opened my door. She got out hers and we shut the doors simultaneously. I held out my hand and she took it as I led her to the house and through it to the library.

"Ashleigh! Are you in here?" I said as I opened the door. From around some piles of books popped out an older lady, one of the oldest ladies in our pack. She had black hair and one blue eye and one green. Most of the pup's in our pack were scared of her, but she didn't mind. Half the time she couldn't hear them anyway, or she chose not to hear them.

"Yes Alpha?" She had a cute little voice and a wondrous outlook on everything in life.

"Ashleigh, can you help my mate and I. We need you to help us find out information on pure bloods."

"Pure bloods eh? I haven't heard someone want to know anything about pure bloods sense your fathers Beta was a boy. Why do you want to know?"

"I don't want anyone else to know, so this stay's inside this room am I understood?" No matter what I tell her I know that she will keep my secret.

"Yes alpha."

"Lex here is-"

"A pure blood." She said with a smile on her face.

"How'd you know?"

"From the first time I saw your mate she reminded me of an old friend of mine. I would assume it was her grandmother. She is the spitting image of her grandmother." I looked over to Lex.

"You knew my grandmother?"

Lex's POV

So Mica left to go talk to the strange man we saw this morning and I stayed to talk to apparently an old friend of my grandma's.

"So, how...how did you know my grandma?" I asked. Her eyes kind of amused me. I had never seen someone with her kind of eyes.

"Oh, she and I use to be friends, until she disappeared. No one knew she was a pure blood, other then her mate and I, come sit. I think I have..." She trailed off as she turned away from me and headed for a bookshelf.

"You know our pack keeps so many records of each member or special members of other packs. My guess is your grandmother told my alpha that she was a pure blood. That would be Mica's Great grandfather. Ah here we are." She came back over with a book. It was a nice size book and it looked old. She handed it to me. There was a fancy pattern on the cover and as I opened it there were strange letters all lined up.

"What does this say Ashleigh?" The old lady just smiled at me.

"Just look at it again." I sighed and looked down. Strangely the symbols started to make sense in a weird way. They made out two words; Pure Bloods.

"Can you-"

"Nope. That language has been dead for a couple generations. Only Pure Bloods can read it though." I flipped through the pages.

"Why is that?"

"Its written in pure blood." I looked up at her.

"Is that a language or something?"

"No my dear. It’s written in pure bloods blood." I stopped flipping and looked up at her.

"So your saying my ancestors wrote this in their own blood?" She just smiled and sat across from me. I looked down at the book. The first page started off by telling about how werewolves came into existence, and then it talked about how they started mixing with humans, all but one group; one family kept inside their own. I looked up from the book.

"So, my parents were related?"

"No really, distantly maybe."

"So this is a record of everything? So then how come-"

"Keep reading child. You'll find your answers." She got up and walked over to a bookshelf and started looking for something.

"Should I write down what I read?" Ashleigh turned around fast and held her waving hands out.

"No! You can't! That was written like that so only pure bloods could read it. If you write it down then it defeats the purpose."

"Oh," I looked down and away from her. I heard her shuffling over and rested her hand on my shoulder.

"Dear, there is information in that book that some people would try to use against you. Pure bloods are powerful and in the wrong hands you could be deemed a weapon." I smiled up at her and shook my head. Then I went back to reading. There was much more I needed to learn. I hoped Mica was learning what he wanted to from the man we found this morning.

Mica's POV

Jedediah just stared at me with a crooked smile.

"So, you seem like a reasonable man. Do you think we can talk civilly?" I asked as I pulled up a seat in front of him.

"Sure, if you can take these off of me." I smiled and sat down.

"You threatened to take my mate away from me, your lucky I didn't kill you. And to top it off, you're on my land. So this is the nicest you get. So start talking."

"About what?" He thought this was a game.

"How do you know about pure bloods?"

"Easy. Her father was in my pack before that witch took him away from us."

"Why did you want him back?"

"You really don't know anything do you? If a pack has a pure blood and controls one then they have a power that can defeat any other pack with just a few words."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean if you had a group of rogues attacking your pack and she's there, if she wants you to win all she has to do is find the leader of the pack and push all of her anger out on him and he either will attack his own fighters or die, depending on how angry you make her." I looked at him stunned.

"How can that be?"

"She has blood that controls fate, that why my alpha wants her, because she has so much pure blood that even if she mixes with someone that doesn't have a pure bloodline it wouldn't matter, her child would be powerful as well." I got up and walked to the wall and back. Then I quickly turned to him.

"And you thought what? That you could just waltz in here and take her and be gone? If what you say is true then why would I let you have her, even if she wasn't my mate?" He smiled a wicked smile.

"Oh I wasn't planning on asking permission." He was sick. I had to leave before I took it too far. I quickly left and closed the door.

"Alpha, what are your orders?" My wolf was saying kill, while my mind said no.

"Leave him here, only water no food. Then I'll be back and see if he still wants my mate." I left and walked back to Lex. I really wish my Uncle were here right now.

Ian's POV

I sat in the car waiting for Isaiah to explain to me why he had met with that man, but I didn't think it was a good idea to talk to him right now because he wasn't in the best of moods.

"Are we going to do what Mica told us to do or are you going to lie to him about them not agreeing?" Isaiah looked at me with a death stare.

"Don't mention Mica to me right now. That son of a-"

"Hey that was my brother who was is father. And his mother was my sister in law, you be careful how you talk about them."

"I am sorry. Pardon me, I meant no disrespect to your brother or his wife, but right now I am not the happiest wolf."

"Could you explain why?" I asked hoping I didn't sound nosey.

"You know that mate of Mica's?"

"Yes, the rogue."

"Yes her, well from what we know she is the pure blood child that we have been looking for." Isaiah hit the wheel and I looked at him in surprise.

"How do you know?"

"We have spies."

"On your own pack?" I looked at him like he was crazy-which he was.

"It isn't my pack anymore. I am not a beta anymore, and if I would of found that little rat before she found him then I would be the alpha." Again he hit the steering wheel.

"Do you want me to drive Isaiah?" I asked. He looked at me with black eyes.

"Why?"

"Your wolf is on the edge and I can see him getting angry. I just wanted to make sure I was going to survive this trip." I tried to joke but he wasn't in the mood.

"You don't trust us?" Oh I was wrong his wolf was in control.

"No not at all. It's just when you drive when your angry it's not safe for your human side or myself, let alone anyone else on the road."

"Screw them! They’re all humans. I don't care for the scum anyway. They are always in the way. Always people that just exist with no purpose. They just cause us to be in the dark."

"You'd you rather they knew about us?"

"No I rather them dead!" he yelled and as he did the car swerved into the other lane and a semi truck honked its horn at us.

"Holy mother of the moon! Look out!" I shouted as my wolf almost took over, trying to protect me. Isaiah swerved back into the lane as the semi passed. I looked at him with wide eyes. I prayed to the goddess that I would survive this trip.

Lex's POV

I had been reading the book for a while now and I started to see why pure bloods staid in the dark. These people were ruthless. They would tare families apart, kill mates just to get the pure bloods. I was worried that if this happened back when my long dead ancestors were alive then what would happen to me in this day in age. Would there be more then just one man out for my blood? Could I trust anyone other then Mica or Ashleigh? I didn't know. I hoped that I could trust Mica.

 'Of course you can trust Mica! He loves us, and not because we are pure bloods.' I sighed. Maybe she was right.

'Maybe? Are you crazy?' I rolled my eyes.

"Fine your right. You happy?"

"What?" I looked up and saw a girl walk in. She looked to be about my age. She had two books in her left hand and another in her right.

"Sorry. My wolf is kind of, well she and I-"

"Don't worry Kisha and I always fight. I sometimes do that too." She smiled and walked towards me.

"Kisha?"

"Oh yeah that's what my wolf calls herself. She doesn't like my name so she chose one that is more...Wolfie?" I smiled.

"So what is your name?"

"Oh it's Katherine. Kat for sort." I smiled.

"I see why Kisha doesn't like your name. No offence." I raised my hands and showed I meant nothing against her name. She just shrugged her shoulders.

"It's okay, I don't like it either, but I am stuck with it, so I might as well deal with it. What's your name? I haven't seen you around before?" I looked away and down at the book.

"Oh, it's um-"

"Lex. Are you still in here?" I looked up and smiled at the sound of Mica's voice.

"I'm here Mica." I replied back. He came into my view with a strange look on his face. Then he looked at Katherine with a glare. He stalked over to me and quickly gave me a kiss. Unexpected and yet I enjoyed it.

"What was that for?"

"Are you done here?" I looked over to Kat and sighed.

"Your, your the..." I sighed.

"Yes." I just said answering both of their questions. I turned to face Mica and shut the book.

"We can go if you want." He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his side.

"It's nice to see you again Kat. Tell your brother hi for me." Kat looked down at her feet.

"Yes alpha." She said in a quiet voice.

"It was nice to meet you. Maybe we'll see each other again?" She didn't look up as I spoke. I sighed and let Mica all but drag me out of the library and into the hall.  When we got out in the hall I pulled Mica to a halt.

"What's wrong?" Mica didn't look at me.

"We need to talk."

"Okay talk." He looked at me with a sad face.

"Not here. More...private." I sighed.

"Fine. Where?"

"My-Our office." So with that he dragged me to his office to talk to me about what, I kind of had a guess.

*------------------------------------------*

Mica shut the door and I quickly sat on the first chair that I saw.

"What’s wrong Mica?" I asked as he turned around. He looked into my eye's and I saw that he wasn't mad, more like he was...scared? Had I made him worried? Had I scared him?

"Sorry, I didn't mean to...it's just," He trailed off and sighed. Then he looked back up to me with a smile that he placed in front of his fear.

"What did you find out?" I looked at the book that I forgot was in my left hand.

"A lot actually. Now I know why Ashleigh didn't want me to read it to her."

"What did you read?" Mica asked as he sat down next to me.

"That pure bloods were hunted, killed, and slaughtered like, like animals. Wolves would separate mates, tare families apart just so they could have the power of a pure blood."

"Hold on. Start from the beginning what happened first? Why are they hunted?" I leaned back and opened the book. I could trust Mica about this, right?

"Well, the moon goddess blessed a man for his kindness to a poor injured alpha wolf. Then she granted him a wish. This man alway's wanted to be a wolf and lead a pack just like the wolf he had helped. So in turn she granted 7 families the power to shift, but only his family and his best friends family line to have a certain power."

"Do you know what power that was?" He asked, just like a little kid would when they're told a story.

"Not quite sure, it said something about the power of the moon or something like that. I'd have to read it again. Well anyway, generations passed and the two families kept the power within their families and the power grew stronger, until one day that a son of the other families got power hungry and convinced one of the daughters of the other pack that he was her mate. He took the power from her and used it against the two families. Then the story skips some detail on what exactly happened, but then it talked about the pure bloods hiding out and awaiting their demise when the goddess of the moon promises something to them."

"What?" I looked down at the book and at the spot I had stopped at.

"It say's something, here hold on" I looked at where I left off and started to read it to Mica.

" It says that 'The moon goddess pitied my father, and promised that he would have an heir that will be an outcast, just like himself, who will be able to destroy any creature that defies the laws given by the moon goddess, and that his line shall be remembered forever more.' " I looked up at Mica and he looked into my eyes. Then what I had just read dawned on me. I slammed the book shut and stood up, dropping the book in the proses. I started to pace back and forth. 

'What are you worried about?' 

"Nothing, just let me think.' I heard my wolf chuckle. 

'This is a no brainier girl.' I stopped and looked at Mica.

"Does your wolf have it's own name?" He cocked his head and got up with a disconcerted look on his face.

"Yes, his name is Uziel. Your wolf has a name too, once it enters full maturity." He held my hands. 

'What's your name wolf?' She stopped pacing. 

'I thought you would never ask. I am Ulrica. I am the mated wolf of Uziel the first pure blood.' I stumbled back and Mica caught me.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Do you know meaning of names?"

"I don't, but I know who does. Why?"

"Who?" I asked as I walked towards the door.

"Um, Missy. She's abscessed with them. Why?"

"Where is she?"

"Why?" I turned to Mica.

"Where is she?" I asked with a voice I never knew I had. He almost cowered away from me.

"She's in her room most likely. Here follow me." He walked in front of me. I felt awful and wanted to apologize for doing...for doing...I don't know, forcing him to show me where she was? What got into me?

Mica's POV 

She tried to say something as we walked down the halls, but I didn't want to. She forced me to listen to her, and I didn't like it.

'But isn't that what you do to people all the time?' I rolled my eye's at my wolf. 'It is though. You control them and tell them to do what you want the same way she just did.' 

'But I am Alpha. I should be able to do that.' 

'Is she not Luna?' I hated it when he was right.

We finally made it to Missy's room and I knocked twice. I heard some rustling around on the other side of the door as she quickly made her way to the door. She opened it up and smiled at us.

"May we come in Missy. We need to ask you a question, well maybe a few." She just smiled and stepped aside. After we walked in she shut the door.

"What's you question Mica?"

"Actually it's mine. Do you know what the name Ulrica means?" She looked at Lex confused.

"It means the power of the wolf. Why did you need to know?" Missy asked the question I needed to know.

"Is there any known facts about this name?"

"Well it is said that the first female mate to the very first Alpha had a wolf named Ulrica."

"What about the name Uziel?" I asked wondering what my wolfs name meant now.

"It means strength and power, coincidentally it is the first Alpha's wolfs name. Why do you ask Mica?" I looked at Lex.

"Do you believe in the reuse of wolves Missy?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of Lex.

"There is a possibility. That is a good question for your Uncle Ian." I sighed.

"Now why did you guys want to know this stuff?"

"That's what my wolfs name is." Both Lex and I said at the same time.

"Check with the elder of our pack. Maybe he would know something about it." I laughed out loud, and Missy glared at me.

"Sorry Missy, but do you honestly believe that he can help us find out this information?"

"Yes I do." Is all that she replied.

"Why don't you believe her Mica?" Lex asked. I walked towards the door.

"Why don't I show you."

Lex's POV

Mica led me down another hall and finally the end of what looked like an old hallway.

"This is the old west wing. Please don't come down here without me knowing." He didn't sound happy about being down here, like there was a monster down here. We finally made it to the end of the hall and he knocked on the door.

"Come in Mica." A soft old voice said from behind the door. Mica slowly opened the door and stepped in with me close behind. I looked around the room and the place was a mess. The walls looked scratched and torn. The only light was a bulb hanging from the ceiling. The walls looked like they use to hold pictures, a very long time ago. The floor was wood and stained everywhere. There was a window on the far wall that was fogged over and looked older then the man in front of me. The man in front of me looked...strange, to say the least. He had white hair that stuck up everywhere, and eyes that looked glazed over but they were awake like a child's eyes. He quickly walked over to me and took my hand. I tried to pull away, but he had a good grip on my hand.

"You must be what all the commotion is all about? From the smell of you-" He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. " You smell of the woods and...Of Mica. The goddess chose a great protector for you dear child." I looked at the old man.

"What do you mean protector?" He let go of my hand and looked up o Mica, who stood almost a foot taller then he old man.

"Your mate will protect you well, young Pure Blood." The man turned around and walked towards his desk. Mica quickly shut the door and stalked over the man.

"How do you know she's a pure blood?" The old man laughed.

"The same way you find a rogue, or how old people feel storms. I just know. Plus she reeks of pure blood. Can't you tell?"

"No, what's the difference between a pure bloods smell and a wolf like you and I?"

"You can't tell cause she's your mate, but her sent is stronger then another wolfs. Even some humans could be able to smell her." Mica shook his head.

"We came here to ask you something?" The old man turned around and stared at Mica as to say 'Go on ask your question.'

"Is it possible for a wolf to be born into a new human?" I asked as I stepped closer to Mica.

"Yes." Is all he said, and it was all he needed to say. Mica and I had wolves from the first werewolf mates.

"Pure bloods," He continued, "Are more likely to get one then normal wolves, but our dear alpha here is one of the few that get the older wolves. Now it makes sense. A Pureblood mated with you. See I told your father that the goddess had something great planned for you." Mica turned to the old man with surprise in his eyes.

"When did you tell my father this?" Mica asked with almost anger in his voice.

"After you first shifted. You shifted young for a normal wolf, so your father came to me and asked why. I said that the goddess must have something great planned for you." Mica sat down on the edge of the desk.

"What's wrong Mica?" I asked, as I got closer to him.

"My father knew." Was all he said. Then he turned to the old man and stood over him.

"Why didn't you or my father ever tell me this?" Mica asked.

"We didn't want to get your hopes up child. Your father was going to tell you the year you turned 18, but..." The old man said. He trailed off and I wondered what happened when Mica was 18.

"What happened?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his waist. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Come with me." He said as he walked out of the room. We walked down the halls to the newer part of the pack house and then outside to the back by some trees. Right in front of a couple of tree's laid two gravestones. We stopped in front of them. Mica took my hand and sat down pulling me down next to him.

"It was two weeks before I turned 18 and my father was out on a run with his beta and his best men, when they were attacked. Half of the pack went when my father called for them. Only half of the group that went came back. My mother went out to help her mate. She was a great fighter, and she always fought with my father. They died together too. My uncle came back and so did Isaiah. My uncle looked hurt and beaten, but Isaiah looked as if he just watched the fight." Mica looked intently at the gravestones in front of us. One had a name and a saying under the name. 
'A great Alpha, he fought until the end.' and on the other one he looked at must of his been his mothers grave.

"That day I became an orphan and Alpha. Isaiah was willing to take the place of my father, but Ian said that it fell to me, unless I didn't want to be the alpha." A question nagged at the back of my mind.

"Mica, the other group that you fought, were they-"

"They were rogues. All of them were killed though. I made sure of that." He said this with no emotion in his voice, just a tad bit of anger. Now I understood why he hated rogues. They took his father from him. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder.

Mica hated rogues not because he was taught to, but because he lost his parents to rogues.

"I'm sorry Mica, I wish I could say I know how you feel. But I know how if feels to loose your parents." He looked down at me, shifting his weight and wrapping his arms around me.

"What happened to your parents? When we first met you said you had a 'care-taker'."

"My parents left me with a friend of my fathers. They said that they wanted to keep me safe, that we could trust him. Then they left. They didn't say that they would be back, or that I shouldn't worry, because they will return. They just left and told me to trust that they are keeping me safe. I wish I knew why, but I don't." I sighed and looked up to Mica.

"Mica, There you are." We both turned and saw his uncle walking towards us with a smile. We stood and walked to Ian.

Mica's POV

Ian and Isaiah were back so soon. I hoped that the negotiation worked like I hoped it would.

"You're back so soon. I hope the trip was worth it."

"Mica I need to talk to you in private." He looked over to Lex and she hugged to my side.

"Lex is-"

"No, she can't. I'm sorry I just need to talk to you. Alone." I sighed and looked around. I had to have someone I trusted looking after Lex. I didn't trust her to be alone, now for other reasons then I had before. I looked to the edge of the house. Leaning against the house reading a book was Kaelynn. I smiled.

"Kaelynn!" I yelled and she looked up to me. She walked over quickly.

"Yes Alpha?" she asked as she bowed her head.

"Kae, this is Lex, I want you to stay with her until I return. Is that understood?"

"Yes Alpha." I smiled and turned to Lex.

"A baby sitter? Really?" I sighed and kissed her forehead.

"You know I trust you. It's just-"

"I know, I know. Just...Hurry okay?" I smiled.

"Don't worry, I will." And with that I let go of her and she stood by Kaelynn. I looked to Ian as we walked away.

"This better be important, Ian or so help me-"

"Just trust me it is." He said as he rushed to my office. He closed the door as I walked in.

"Mica, do you know who your mate is?" I sat on my desk and crossed my arms.

"Lex?"

"No, well yes, but that's not what I meant. Do you know who she is?"

"Enlighten me Ian, I am getting tired of this game."

"She is a pure blood." I got off of my desk and stood in front of him.

"How do you know this?" I asked with anger.

"Well it's along story-"

"So shorten it!" I almost yelled. I was glad that this room was sound proof.

"Calm down Mica. Isaiah, instead of going to the other pack to talk about negotiation went to an old warehouse and showed me a woman he had there. She was chained up and it tore at me how he treated her. He told me that he was looking for her daughter. Then before we headed anywhere else he was called and he met some men from another pack. I don't know at all what was happening until he came back and when we drove back he said that the girl he was looking for was your mate." I stepped away from him and paced back and forth. I slammed my hand on my desk leaving a dent.

" I am going to ring his neck!"

"Mica, he's not the only one looking for her. There are some other men that have a target on her head. They want her in their blood lines." I turned to him and I could feel my wolf surface.

"Over my dead body."

"I think that's what they have planned."

"What do you mean?” I looked at him and felt confusion and anger in control now.

"They have a 'wanted dead' sign pinned to your head."

"Who are they?"

"Isaiah and some other men. I don't know who they are, all I know is they want you out of the picture, along with Lex in their hands." That wasn't going to happen, ever, me dead or alive. She was my mate and I needed to protect her.

"I need to go get Lex." I said as I felt the need to be by her. She was my other half and I love her more then you could ever know. If something happened to her, I don't know what I would do. As I rushed out of the office I kept only one thought in my mind. I need Lex, now!

***

Comment

Vote

Share

Read

Remember, I love you all! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 221 24
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales her...
338K 12.1K 29
Katie Knight found her mate at the age of 16 and were madly in love. But when he dies after a rogue attack he makes her promise that she will find so...
478K 14.8K 24
Mia Ross has been running since she was 13. Now 17, with her 19 year old brother, she is still running. From whoever killed her parents along with he...
1.6M 39.8K 63
This is a story of a sixteen year old girl named Valentine Winters, she is a werewolf and an Alpha's youngest daughter. On her sixteenth birthday, sh...