To Be With You | Carl Grimes...

By Marvel890

[Discontinued at the moment] Brenda has never been a positive person. She lost her dad before she could even... More

Cast
Chapter 1: And I Know You Want To Get The Hell Out Of Here
Chapter 2: You Only Care About Yourself
Chapter 3: We Couldn't Risk It
Chapter 4: We Were Being Hunted
Chapter 5: Once They're Gone A Part Of You Dies
Chapter 7: My Reason To Live
Chapter 8: Kill Me Now
Chapter 9: Don't Blame Yourself
Chapter 10: She Didn't Have To Suffer Anymore
Chapter 11: We Can Stay and We Can Fight or We Can Go
Chapter 12: He Just Is
Chapter 13: Kids Deserve To Be Kids
Chapter 14: Cell Block D
Chapter 15: Who Knows What Could Happen Next?
Chapter 16: Dosen't Work Like That
Chapter 17: Even Strong Men Get Scared
Chapter 18: So Used To Being Safe
Chapter 19: Not Again
Chapter 20: We Already Lost Them
Chapter 21: I Miss You
Chapter 22: If There's A Chance
Chapter 23: Look at the Flowers
Chapter 24: The So Called Sanctuary
Chapter 25: Not So Sure Anymore
Chapter 26: Who's Gareth?
Chapter 27: It's Complicated
Chapter 28: Isn't The End
Chapter 29: By Just Being Here With Me

Chapter 6: His House, His Group, His Rules

438 20 8
By Marvel890

I woke up in the morning, feeling better than I have ever been. I had the best sleep I've had in months. I sat up and looked at the top bunk. My mother was still sleeping.

I realized that Michonne still wasn't back yet. She should've been hours ago. Did something happen?

I shook my head to get rid of the negative thoughts and left the cell. Beth was taking care of the baby and she smiled when she saw me. I surprisingly smiled back.

I walked around the cell blocks and stopped at Hershel's cell. He sat at the end of his bed, staring at the wall. I slowly went inside and sat down next to him.

For a few moments, we didn't talk. But I wanted to know what was wrong so I asked him.

"Is it Maggie and Glenn?" I asked.

He didn't answer.

"Do you think they'll come back?" I asked softly, thinking about Michonne.

"I know they will." said Hershel.

"Then what's wrong?"

"I'm just afraid somethings happened to them."

I put a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure they're okay."

He nodded and I dropped my hand.

"You seem like a nice girl." Hershel told me.

"You don't know me." I said.

"No, but I know you can be a helpful asset to the group." He said. "Rick doesn't see that yet . . . but he will."

"You think he'll let me stay?"

"I don't know." He told me truthfully. "But I'll be sure to talk to him about it."

"Thank you, Hershel." I said. "But you don't have to do that. If he wants us to leave, then I won't argue. His house, his group, his rules. And I respect that."

"You know," he looked at me, "you remind me of Maggie when she was your age. Smart, respectful, brave."

I smiled. We were quiet once again.

This place is much more safer than Woodbury. Sure, they had walls, water and food, but this place has good people. Not just good at surviving, but good, genuine, people. And somehow, I felt at home here. I hoped Rick will change his mind when he comes back. If he comes back.

"If you don't mind me asking," I said to Hershel, "how'd you lose your leg?"

"I got bit." He said. "Rick cut it off. Saved my life. I know he seems like an unfriendly person, but he isn't. He is a good leader, a good man. He just does what he has to to keep this group safe."

I nodded and stood up. "I'll see you later, old man."

Hershel laughed and I was glad I could make him feel better.

An hour later, we all left the cell blocks and went into the room where the group of survivors Carl and I saved were at. Axel was making food, Beth was taking care of Judith and Hershel was tending to Allen's wound.

"You can take those stitches out yourself in a week or so." Hershel said.

"Thank you." Allen told him.

"Pretty nice having medical training." Tyreese said.

"It'll only get you so far." said Hershel.

"You were bit?" Tyreese asked him.

Hershel nodded.

Beth walked across the room with Judith in her arms. Sasha stood up.

"How old is the baby?" She asked.

"Barely a week." Hershel answered.

Sasha walked over to Beth. "To be honest, we never thought we'd see another baby." She said and looked at Judith. "Beautiful."

"Thanks." Beth said.

"How are you feeling?"

Beth looked at Sasha. "She's not mine."

"Where's the mother."

Carl looked away. Nobody said anything.

"I'm sorry." Sasha said.

"Man, you people have been through the mill." Tyreese said.

"Haven't we all?" Hershel got up and walked over to the cell door.

"It's only getting worse out there." Said Tyreese. "Dead everywhere. And it's only making the living less like the living."

"You're the only decent folks we've come across." Sasha sighed.

"You've been out there all this time?" Hershel asked.

"Our neighbor Jerry, he was one of those survivalist nuts." Tyreese explained. "Everybody on the block thought he was crazy. Always preparing for the end of the world."

"Who knew?" Hershel questioned.

"Jerry knew." Tyreese told him. "He had a bunker under his shed in the back yard. Sasha and I stayed there until we ran out of supplies. Allen and Ben were the first two people we ran into when we finally crawled up out of that hole around Jacksonville. Used to be a bunch of us. 25 at one point."

"Our camp was overrun six, seven weeks ago." said Sasha.

"And, and Donna, she, uh . . ." Tyreese couldn't finish.

"We'll see that she has a proper burial." Hershel said.

"I appreciate you taking care of us." Tyreese thanked him. "For awhile, we didn't know who we were dealing with."

"Neither did we." Hershel said. "We've had our problems with people."

"I must be the first brother in history to break into prison." Tyreese joked and Hershel chuckled.

Axel came up to them with two bowls. "Makes me the first white boy that didn't want to break out."

"Tyreese." Hershel said and Tyreese looked at him. "Like I said, we have a much larger group. A close-knit group. I wouldn't get too comfortable here."

Hershel walked to the door.

"We wouldn't be a problem." Tyreese tried to change his mind.

Hershel turned around. "It's not up to me."

"Then who?"

Hershel spun around and continued to walk until he got inside the cell blocks with us.

"Please, you can see what kind of people we are." Tyreese begged.

But Hershel didn't turn back. Carl closed and locked the door.

* * *

A few hours later, everyone left the cell blocks and I stayed with my mother. Beth also stayed to stay with Judith.

"You think Rick would let us stay?" My mother asked me.

Just then, I heard a door open. We stood up and exited the cell. Rick, Hershel, and Carl came in.

"Let's find out." I whispered, my heart beating.

Rick didn't notice us at first. He went straight to Judith. Beth gave her to him and once she was in his arms, she started to cry.

Rick held her for a minute before handing her back to Beth. She calmed her down.

Rick then looked around until his eyes landed on my mother and I. His eyes narrowed angrily and he walked towards us. I pushed my mother behind me, waiting for Rick to shoot me.

But Carl stood in his way.

"What the hell are th-"

"I let them in." Carl told him.

"What?"

"There was a scream. I went to check it out and Brenda came with me. She said she wouldn't try anything. And she didn't."

My heart was beating rapidly. I was scared. Not for me, but for my mother.

"She saved my life back there." Carl said. "She's one of us, dad."

Rick still looked like he wanted to kill us, but he didn't.

"Fine." He growled through gritted teeth and walked out of the cell blocks and into the room where Tyreese and the others were at.

I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. I looked at my mother. She had tears streaming down her cheeks. I wiped them away.

"It's okay. It's okay, mom." I told her. "I'm here. You're okay, nothing's going to happen to you. Go get some rest, okay?"

She nodded and walked into the cell. I looked at Carl.

He stared at me with no expression. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I wrapped my arms around him tightly. He was shocked but he eventually returned the hug.

"Thank you." I whispered, afraid that I might cry in front of him. But I didn't let the tears spill. "You saved my mother's life."

He patted my back awkwardly. I let go of him. He looked at me in shock and I didn't know why. But I didn't stick around to ask him. Instead I went to the cell where my mother was still crying.

~ ~ ~ ~
Chapter 6 is done! Did you like it? I know it was shorter than usual, but I didn't think I needed to combine episode 10 with this one.

If you notice, I didn't add the end of the episode, where Rick and Tyreese talk and then Rick sees Lori and he went crazy, in this chapter. I didn't feel like it would fit in after what happened in the end of this chapter. Also, Brenda didn't think about Michonne when Rick came back because she was too scared for her mother's life to remember Michonne was out there with him and the rest.

Anyway, don't forget to comment your thoughts and opinions. And please vote if you enjoyed this chapter? Thanks! See you guys next chapter! :)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! TONIGHT IS THE PREMIERE OF TWD SEASON 6!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW! WHO ELSE IS WATCHING?!

~Marvel890

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 2.5K 52
it's a ๐—•๐—Ÿ๐—จ๐—˜ ๐—ช๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—Ÿ๐—— without you, it's a ๐—•๐—Ÿ๐—จ๐—˜ ๐—ช๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—Ÿ๐—— alone โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ season 6 multiple ocs / love interests BOOK ONE *slow updates* โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ WARNI...
32.2K 1.5K 65
Hailey had to shoot her mom. Now it's just her and her younger brother James alone in the Apocalypse, but that changes when she and her brother join...
65.7K 1.5K 48
Romance should be the last thing on her mind once the world ended- and it was... until she met Daryl Dixon. While trying to adapt to the way the new...
253K 6.1K 38
Kaitlyn went on holiday with her mum and sister. How was she supposed to know that it would be the last time she'd see everyone else she loved? She'...