Love Me, Marry Me, Stay With...

By zelikaye

A girl who was slowly giving up on her perfect life as she continues to be left alone and hurt by the men he... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1 - The Past (Part 1)
Chapter 2 - The Past (Part 2)
Chapter 3 - From Her Father's Point of View
Chapter 4 - Present Day
Chapter 5 - Hello, Daniel
Chapter 6 - Giving Things a Try
Chapter 7 - Sapphire & Diamond Studded Bracelet
Chapter 8 - Goodbyes
Chapter 9 - Someone New?
Chapter 10 - Again?
Chapter 11 - Saved By A Stranger
Chapter 12 - Saved By A Total Stranger Twice
Chapter 13 - Where Did She Go?!
Chapter 14 - Disaster
Chapter 15 - The Start of a Big Mess
Chapter 16 - Final Decision
Chapter 17 - Just an Ordinary Day
Chapter 18 - The Kindest Decision Blake Made.
Chapter 19 - No One's Going To Get Caught For A Mistake For One Night
Chapter 20 - Luke Cruzate
Chapter 21 - Rein's Confession
Chapter 22 - Expectations Lead to Disappoinments
Chapter 23 - Being with HIM is Better
Chapter 24 - He Lied
Chapter 25 - A Father's Love
Chapter 26 - Happy
Chapter 27 - Blake In A Different Perspective
Chapter 28 - Decisions
Chapter 29 - Let's Play Pretend
Chapter 30 - One Big Problem, Coming Up!
Chapter 31 - Family Planning
Chapter 32 - Devastated & Unplanned
Chapter 33 - Devastated & Unplanned II
Chapter 34 - 7 Months Later
Chapter 35 - Things Will Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 36 - New Lives
Chapter 37 - Christian
Chapter 38 - Hello Again
Chapter 39 - Our Kiss Mended Our Broken Hearts
Chapter 40 - Unpredictable Blake
Chapter 41 - Back To Reality
Chapter 42 - Harana
Chapter 43 - Marry Me
Chapter 44 - Everything's Getting Better By The Moment
Chapter 46 - Family
Chapter 47 - Wedding
Chapter 48 - Hard Desicions
Chapter 49 - Critical
Chapter 50 - Stay With Me
EPILOGUE
TO MY READERS

Chapter 45 - Barcelona!

1.6K 25 1
By zelikaye

Chapter 45 – Barcelona!

“Hon… Rein…” I felt someone cup my cheek and I stirred. My head still feels fuzzy. “You need to drink these. Ang init mo eh. Sige na.”

“Ayoko…” I tightened my grip around Blake’s arm and rested my head in his shoulder. My vision is still adjusting against the darkness of the cabin when I saw Blake staring at the meds in his hand. I cupped his cheek and made him look down at me. “I just need rest. I’ll be fine.”

“Okay.” He answered shortly. He pulled the blanket up to my chin and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. We’re only halfway our flight to Barcelona and I’m already burning with fever. Nakakahiya kay Blake. “Are you comfortable? Do you want anything? Gutom ka ba?”

I nodded my head no and nuzzled his neck. I felt his lips kiss my hair before I drifted off to sleep again.

**

“Good morning, honey.” I smiled at the familiar voice who greeted me. I wrapped my arms around his neck as my eyes adjusted to the sight of him. He gently touched my cheek for a moment and let out a sigh of relief. “Thank God, wala ka nang lagnat.”

“Ang galing mo kasi magalaga.” I gave him a kiss on his cheek and pulled him beside me and Ian who’s still sleeping. We arrived yesterday and given my sick state, they all agreed to just stay here and rest.

He carefully went to the other side of the bed to Ian and kissed him on his forehead. Ian stirred and pulled the blanket up to his face. Blake on the other hand, smiled and just hugged him. “We should tell him sooner.”

“I want to but I don’t know how. He just loves you so much na natatakot ako na he might hate me from taking him away from you.”

“He’s a smart kid. He’ll understand. We’ll figure out a plan. I promise.” He held my hand in his and took it to his lips. “In the mean time, why don’t we go and have brunch? We need to be in the venue in an hour.”

“Wala ka bang test drive or something? Don’t you have to check the car over and over again? Diba months long ang preparation para sa isang race?”

“Yes, it should be months long but I’ve tested the car a month ago.”

“Are you sure?” Ang alam ko kasi each of the car they’ll use needs to be tested every once in a while before they can make sure that it’s actually safe. He nodded his head yes. “Okay then.”

“Ian… baby…” I tapped Ian’s shoulder but he just turned to face Blake and still slept. “Christian… wake up na.”

“Ayaw ko mag-wake up. I don’t wanna wake up.” He mumbled and covered his eyes with his hands.

“Christian, race na ni Blake later. We need to prepare na.”

“Ayaw ko kasi eh. Tomorrow nalang…” I tried persuading him but he seems so tired that he didn’t want to really wake up  and started crying. “Tomorrow nalang…”

This was his only downside, having tantrums when he doesn’t get enough sleep. “Shhh… Ian… Sige na, wake up na. Stop crying.”

Instead of stopping, he cried even more. What surprised me was when Blake spoke to him and he immediately stop. For years, I couldn’t do that successfully. I needed to reason out why Ian should wake at that exact time and when I give him a good reason, that’s the only time he’ll stop crying.

“We’ll wait for you outside.” Blake kissed my cheek before he and Ian went outside the room.

I stared myself at the mirror and surprised to see that I’m so pale. I just disregarded it and  just pulled my hair up in a bun and did my morning rituals. Afterall, I just recovered from being sick. Baka yun lang yun.

I checked my phone for the nth time to see no texts or calls from Daniel. I’ve been leaving voice messages and texts in his phone since he left for New York. Hindi ko tuloy maalis sa isip ko na maybe something happened.

Taking another deep breath, I decided to dial his phone again. A few rings then it went into voice mail again. “Hey, Daniel, it’s me. Why aren’t you answering any of my calls or texts? Kelan ka ba babalik? Ian misses you… uhhhmmm… I miss you. Just call me back when you get this okay? Bye.”

Maybe he saw issues about me and Blake getting back together. Pero hindi naman siguro. He wouldn’t skip into conclusions. I’m sure I’d be getting a call from him if he sees those. Maybe he’s just busy.

**

“Mommy! Take a picture of me here oh! In Blake’s car! Bilis!” Ian ran beside the car and flashed his smile. Taking a picture of him, Blake stayed behind me and placed a chaste kiss in my nape.

After showing us around, Blake left us to change into his NASCAR uniform. Ian and I stayed in the lounge and watched some of the racers go by. Others would smile and nod at me politely while others would just pass by without acknowledging anyone.

“Ian, kukuha lang ako ng coffee. Just stay here. May gusto ka ba?” He nodded no. I went to the buffet table at the center of the room and helped myself in making coffee.

Taking a sip of coffee, I scanned the room. Modern interiors with glass walls that overlook the race course for this afternoon, monochrome colored couches, modernized chandeliers, and an ice sculpture of a car in the center of the buffet table.

I smiled to myself thinking that I still have what it takes to be back to being an interior designer. Everything seemed into place with elegance and  character in this room, including the man who’s standing to my far side which I am truly aware that he is looking at me.

Glancing at his direction, I caught him looking at me with his blue eyes full of curiosity. I gave him a brief smile, which I think, caught his attention. I turned my back on him and glanced at the floor to ceiling windows.

“I’m just wondering what would an angel be doing here?” I never actually thought that I could hear a voice so smooth yet icy as his.

I was caught off guard when I faced him. He may have looked like an angel from a far but standing next to him, this close made him look like he’s a god. His natural blonde hair just fell above his eyebrows in a hot and messy way. His eyes were as blue as the deep ocean. His smile isn’t something intimidating nor sweet. I could sense hotness all around him.

I almost dropped my mug when he held my gaze. He placed his hand on top of mine and fixed my grip on the mug. I felt my knees literally went weak.  “Allyson Bustamante, right? Gregor Vos. I’m the representative from Amsterdam.”

“H-how did you know my name?” Dammit. Why do I have to stammer??

“Let’s just say that despite all the other girls in the runway, you were the one who caught my eye a few months back in New York.” I immediately remembered the last fashion show four months ago in New York. I felt my cheeks warm up when I remembered na that fashion show was all about lingeries and swimsuits. “Are you okay? You look shocked.”

“I’m good…. I just didn’t expect for you to… to remember me.”

“You don’t expect me to forget a face like yours that easily, don’t you?” He chuckled. I couldn’t stop staring at his perfect face. I couldn’t stop noticing his strong jaw line and his prefect set of white teeth. “Anyway, who are you with?”

“I’m with my… friends. We’re with Blake, actually.”

“Ah, the one from the Philippines. One of the biggest names in racing.” He smiled again, revealing his dimple on his right cheek. “Incase your friend doesn’t show up, could I interest you to come with me in the after party later?”

“Mr. Gregor Vos…” Before I could even reply, I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist quickly. I looked up to Blake who’s faking a smile. “I see you’ve met my girlfriend.”

Gregor’s lips formed into a smirk. His blue eyes turned to gray. “I’m not dumb, Mr. Bustamante. Rumors spread fast. I know that she’s your wife but… you’re not in good terms so…” He shrugged.

Gregor was called by someone and asked for a few minutes more. He turned back at us and gave me another one of those dashing smiles. He placed his hand on top of my shoulder. “I’m still hoping you’ll come with me later. Nice meeting you.”

He walked away. Pagkatingin ko kay Blake, he was still looking sharply at Gregor’s back as he disappears from the doorway. I hugged him to take his mind away from what just happened. Blake being jealous wasn’t something you see normally.

“The race is going to start in an hour. We need to take Ian to Georgie na and you’ll stay with Sandro and the team. I want to be able to speak to you during the race.” He planted a soft kiss in my forehead and smiled.

While walking, Blake entwined his fingers to mine while he carried Ian in his free arm. I felt my cheeks grow warm as we pass by people who looked at us with a smile on their faces. He wouldn’t release my hand kahit anong gawin kong hila.

Georgie is already seated in the third row of the VIP section when we saw her. Blake set Ian down on the sit next to Georgie and kneeled before Ian and placed his hands on his shoulder. “Wish me luck, buddy.”

Ian crossed his arms on his chest and frowned. “Ayoko. How come Mom can stay with the crew and I don’t? It’s unfair. I want to talk to you during the race.”

Blake chuckled while Ian watched him intently. “Bawal ang kids doon eh. But promise, after the race I’ll give you this jacket tapos lalagyan ko pa ng sign. Basta wag ka na magtampo. Deal?”

Blake pretended holding his breath until Ian laughed and said yes. “Promise yan ha?” Blake nodded his head yes. Ian surprisingly hugged him. “How many stops are you going to make?”

“Maybe 4. I’ll try to lessen stops. Why?”

“Only 4? The race is 200 laps! Dapat more than 4!”

Blake looked surprised but still, hindi siya bumitaw sa hug. “Paano mo nalaman na 200 laps?”

“The race is DAYTONA 500 eh. I really wish my Dad is like you.”

“Uhhmm… I need to get back. I’ll see you later, buddy.” He released Ian. He turned to Georgie naman who also hugged him and wished him luck.

Our hands were still entwined while walking back. We aren’t talking but I can feel the tension building up around us. My heart sank when he removed his fingers in mine. I heard him sigh deeply and carefully, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. My heat beat widly in my chest. I looked up to him and he gave me a heart melting smile. Feeling ko magha-hyperventilate na ako anytime.

We walked outside sa may gilid na nung race track. There, Blake talked to his crew about some things about the car and techniques. I just stayed silent. I didn’t mind Blake’s arm wrapped around my shoulder and sometimes napupunta pa sa waist ko. Ang possessive niya.

A few minutes more, tinawag na ni Kuya Sandro si Blake to go to position na daw. I felt a bit sad when he just let go of me tapos bigla nalang umalis. I stood there watching the other racers go beside their cars nung bigla nalang may nag tuck ng hair ko from behind and put something in my ear.

Pagkalingon ko, Blake is smiling at me like a kid. He closed the space between us and cupped my face with his hands. He planted a soft kiss in the tip of my nose and hugged me close to him. There were no words said but I could feel what he wanted me to feel. He let go of me and gave a slight nod before walking away. This is the first time I’m going to watch him in his race live kaya I couldn’t deny the fact that I’m somehow nervous for him.

“Blake!” I called out his name before he steps out of the track. He looked back with confusion in his face. I ran into him and crushed my lips into his. It took him a few seconds before he cupped my cheek and respond. I didn’t know how long we stood there kissing, all that matters is how it felt. My heart still pounded wildly in my chest after the kiss. I placed my arms around his neck and tiptoed to be at his level.

“Win this race for me?” Blake with a still amuzed expression chuckled and held me at my waist. He brushed another light kiss in my lips.

“If I do, will you marry me again?” He teased.

“We’ll see.” I replied. He grinned and stole another kiss from me before going.

I watched his back as he stepped into the track and waved his hand to the people around. Before he went inside his car, he gave me a wink and a flying kiss which made me grin from ear to ear. My hand reached down to the ring Blake gave me inside my dress pocket. I’ve made my decision. Win or lose, I’m going to wear this ring around my finger and I wouldn’t let another minute pass by without him in my life. In our lives.

After singing the national anthems, the three lap-parade started. The crowd started cheering for their own teams. I can hear Sandro asking questions to Blake through the bluetooth-like walkie talkies. A few minutes more, the green flag was raised and the race started.

The whole time, I tried not to talk to Blake through the headsets because I’m assuming that he wants to concentrate pero siya pa ang kumakausap saakin. My heart did little somersaults when Blake goes through a sharp cuve or everytime a car comes too near him.

Blake was losing speed and was behind car numbers 1 and 2 on the 199th lap. I could hear Sandro’s angry voice through the headset telling Blake to get speed. I couldn’t bring myself to speak sa sobrang suspense.

“Rein? You still there??” I almost jumped when I heard Blake’s voice. “Rein?”

“You’re two cars behind tapos hindi ka nagco-concentrate?!” I almost blurted out. “Blake, last lap na oh. Why won’t you listen to Kuya Sandro??!” I heard him chuckle which made me more pissed at him. “Blake, ano ba?! Bilisan mo! Sabi mo you’ll win this race for me!”

“Relax. It’s easy to pass those two cars. Tell me you love me first and I promise you to win this.”

“What the hell?! Are we really going to have this conversation now?!”

“Yes we will. Three easy words, Rein. That’s all it takes.”

He is so impossible! He’s on the verge of winning or losing yet he still has the nerve to be cocky! I am not giving him the satisfaction—

“Dammit! Ally, do it!” Judging by the tone of Kuya Sandro’s voice, he’s already furious.

Giving up, I closed my eyes in frustration and just let the words slip out of my mouth. I’m going to say it later anyway, why not say it now? “Okay! I love you Blake! Now, can you please finish this damn race?!”

Blake passed through the two cars effortlessly. The crowd became wild in an instant he went pass the finish line. Kuya Sandro went near me to shake my hand but instead, I hugged him sa sobrang tuwa. We looked at the track waiting for Blake to slowdown pero he still went running fast.

“Alright Blake. That’s enough. You need to stop now.” Kuya Sandro and Blake laughed as if they were having this conversation face-to-face.

“Oh, come on. I’ll just take another lap. Mind if I turn this off now?”

“No. Not at all. Congatulations.” Kuya Sandro pressed something then the headsets went dead. I removed mine and handed it over to one of the crew.

It suddenly became crowded in Blake’s team space when everyone came to congratulate the crew. Kuya Sandro introduced me as Blake’s wife to every one of them. I was chatting with someone when a loud burst sounded through the whole place.

Every single head turned to the track. Kuya Sandro hurriedly made his way through the crowd. All heads turned to him and watched the color of his face drained. He turned to my direction and gestured for me to come forward.

And that’s when I saw it. My heart stopped beating, my knees weakned. Before I could even fall, Kuya Sandro took me into his arms and assured me that everything will be alright.

**

“Do you remember the story Tito Enzo told me once?” Georgie asked while we are seating in the couch in Blake’s room.

He’s been unconscious for a few hours now after he decided to take another lap because of his egotastic pride until the two tires of his car blasted and he collided with another racer’s car. Just seeing his crashed car ealier sent me trembling and worried. Kuya Sandro said that the tires probably got worn-down because Blake only had pit-stops thrice despite the 200 laps.

So far, he only has a broken arm and a concusion which explains him still being not conscious. Any other way, I still want to be here the moment he wakes up. “Which one?”

“The time he had dengue tapos you were about 5 yata? Yung ayaw mo humiwalay sakanya when he was at the hospital.” I looked at her with confusion. She placed her hand on top of mine. “Ian feels that way now kahit hindi niya alam na Dad niya si Blake. He doesn’t want to go to back sa hotel.”

“And your point is?”

“What’s my point, Allyson??” She looked sharply at me and stood up from the couch. “My point is you should tell your son the truth before some chaotic mess makes it too late. Ally, lumalaki na si Ian. Do you even know what has he gone through his new school sa Philippines?”  

“Ian doesn’t have any problems in transferring schools.” I returned her sharp glances.

“Well he has! He just doesn’t want to tell you! One of his classmates keeps on teasing him that he doesn’t have a father! Allyson, are you that naïve?! Ian needs to know!”

Georgie and I shut our mouths once Kuya Sandro stormed inside the room. We both held our gazes before she asked Kuya Sandro kung nasaan si Ian and stormed out of the room. I took a seat again and tried to held back my tears.

I felt Kuya Sandro’s weight on my side. He patted my back to make me feel a little less sad or guilty or whatever feelings that I have right now. I’m so tired tapos parang all I want to do is stair in to thin air and just do nonthing. Bakit parang mas kilala pa ni Georgie si Ian kaysa saakin?? Then there’s Blake… Why is it so hard to think right now??

“Hindi mo ba susundan si Geogina? Are you not afraid that she’s going to tell Ian?” Kuya Sandro’s voice was soft and I could tell he’s really concerned.

“She won’t tell. He loves Ian as much as I do. She wouldn’t want to hurt him.” Even I, myself, didn’t know if I am convinced with what I said.

“Ian could take it, Ally. He’s a strong kid. And nakita ko naman how he is with Blake. Tama si Georgina.”

“Hindi ko kasi alam kung paano ko sasabihin. He knows the whole story. Alam niya na ako ang nangiwan and he also knows why I left. Paano kung isipin niya na I just made the story up? He might hate me and I can’t bare that.” He sighed.

For a moment, I just stared at Blake. I took note of the bruises covering his arm and the scratches that covered his beautiful face. I suddenly had the urge to kiss them one by one thinking that it would ease his pain.

“Who’s the other driver?” I asked out of curiousity. The crash was bad enough to damage both cars and I don’t happen to know who was in the other because I was too busy panicking about Blake.

“The one from Amsterdam. He was about to come third and then… Blake happened.”

“Amsterdam? You mean Gregor Vos??” He nodded yes. I sighed. “How ironic.”

“Bakit?”

“Nagka initan kasi sila ni Blake kanina before the race. Gregor was trying to make a move on me.”

The door opened. Ian came in carefully with his eyes full of curiousity. He went to me. I carried him and seated him on my lap. “Baby, you need to stay with Georgie muna ha? Babantayan ko muna si Blake so I could call you when he’s up na.”

“Why do you care so much about him Mom?”

“Because he’s your friend.”

“Georgie told me he’s my Dad.” My heart stopped. I stifled a gasp and hugged him closer to me.I felt him began twisting the engagement ring Blake gave me on my finger. I decided to wear it so he could see it once he wakes up. “Is it true, Mommy?”

I felt my eyes begin to sting. I buried my face into his neck and held him to me tighly. I felt his hand on top of my head and began stroking my hair up and down. “Mommy, is it true? I won’t be mad. I promise.”   

My chest began to tighten. I glanced at Kuya Sandro who gave me a comforting smile. I nodded my head yes. Ian stopped stroking my hair. No reaction. My son must be mad at me for not giving him the chance to grow up the first 6 years of his life with him.

I began to sob. Ian just stared at me without any reaction. I cupped his face in my hands. “Christian… please say something. Please…”

“Blake’s really my Dad??” I nodded my head again.

Just when I was preparing to hear hurtful things from Ian, his lips slowly forms a smile. He trapped me with his little arms and kissed my cheek. “I have the most amazing parents in the world.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 4.9K 59
What cara wants, Cara gets! she is the only girl sa limang anak ni Don Carmelo at bunso pa kaya lahat ng gustuhin nya ay nakukuha nya! pero hindi ang...
127K 3.7K 41
Book6:Never Again (Completed) by NyllelaineNyeNight from old title: TO WIN HER BACK! The story of Grecylle and Arthur. Grecylle: He's my first in...
842K 29K 73
[REVISED VERSION: MAY 2024] Coffees and pancakes. Teas and waffles. Two people crossed that created ditto but with dissonance.
7.6M 214K 48
Rogue Saavedra, the arrogant city's young billionaire, becomes stranded on an unknown island. There he meets an illiterate jungle woman, Jane, who is...