Conflict of Interest

Af RebeccaLorensAuthor

When Jackie Prescott's boss asks her to look after the dashing Dominick Tyrell's bank accounts, sparks fly. J... Mere

Part 1 - 100 Word Pitch.
Part 2 - Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 13

6.7K 363 6
Af RebeccaLorensAuthor

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to Sydney Airport. Local time is 8.35pm and the temperature is currently 18C. On behalf of Air New Zealand and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we look forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. We hope you have a nice evening."

Jackie wasn't sure if the butterflies in her stomach were from the descent into Sydney or if they were nerves. She still wasn't sure if she was doing the right thing but knew that if she saw Dom it would all become clearer. The thought of seeing him again sent chills down her spin and she had the biggest grin on her face the whole trip. Even the flight attendant had recognized that she was travelling to see someone special.

Her knees felt weak as she walked along the air bridge towards customs. This was going to be agonizing. Remembering Rose's advice she had ticked that she had something to declare and noticed that this line was definitely shorter than all the rest. She had purposefully placed a packaged snack bar into her handbag so that she had something to show them. Rose had mentioned that packaged food wasn't actually a big deal and it would just be confiscated. Jackie had packed light and only had her carry-on luggage. She was only going to be there for the week-end. Dom had organized everything so that she wouldn't have to miss any time at work, booking the latest flight out of Auckland airport on Friday night and the latest possible on Sunday. She was thankful that they were business class tickets and could be changed if required.

Extending the handle on her small suitcase, she headed towards the exit. It seemed like a long walk that took forever. She grew more anxious with each step and had to stop to catch her breath before she rounded the last corner to face the hoards of people waiting for their loved ones.

Searching the crowds of unfamiliar faces she saw one of the black boards soaring high above the crowd with "Miss J Prescott" written on it. She made a b-line towards the sign and felt the anxiety rise as she anticipated seeing golden wavy locks and bright blue eyes. Disappointment washed over her when all she saw was an older man dressed in a suit.

"Hello, I'm Jackie Prescott." She announced as she walked up to the stranger.

"Hello Miss Prescott. Do you have any other luggage?" the man asked looking confused at the small suitcase she was trailing behind her.

"Um, no. Just this."

"Right this way ma'am."

After taking the handle of her case, the older gentleman gestured with his hand towards the exit closest to them. As Jackie headed out the automatic doors she pulled the light cardigan around her shoulders as the cool breeze swept over her sending a shiver down her spine. In front of her she saw a black limousine parked in the loading bay. "Wow there must be some kind of celebrity arriving today." She thought.

The older man in the suit walked over to the door of the limousine and opened it for her then gestured for her to take a seat. Jackie couldn't believe it was for her. "Are you sure you have the right person?" she asked. "I'm Jackie Prescott, A guest for Dominick Tyrell?"

Suddenly a head popped out from behind the door and Jackie's heart started to sing. Dom's golden blonde locks were waving about carelessly in the breeze, his eyes shone like the most beautiful sapphires she had ever seen, and his face was lit up by a smile that matched her own. "Are you going to join me or stand out there all night?"

Jackie felt all the worry and anxiety that she had been carrying with her evaporate. She raced towards him as he stood up out of the back of the vehicle and jumped into his arms. She felt relief rush through her every nerve as she recognized the security of his arms encasing her body. He was squeezing her so tight she thought she would be crushed but she didn't care. Placing both hands on either side of his head she placed her lips on his. He responded with a resounding yes as she invited him to search the very depths of her mouth. Losing herself in the familiarity of his scent she felt tears welling up in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Dom. I . ."

He placed a finger on her lips to shush her. He kissed her again with such passion that she felt like he was devouring his last meal. She was happy to be his dessert. As he finally let her go he reached up and tenderly wiped away her tears. "I'm just glad that you decided to take me up on the offer. I was really worried you wouldn't show."

"Is that why you sent in the driver?"

"Yeah. I don't think I would have survived if you hadn't been on the plane. God I've missed you Jackie. You could never imagine how much I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." Jackie declared.

Dom hadn't been able to stop looking at Jackie as they travelled into the city, in the back of the limousine, and he noticed that Jackie wasn't shying away from his gaze. It was as if they needed to catch up on the past three weeks of not being together. Dom had sat next to Jackie so that he could be close to her. He had spent their time apart reliving that last night that they had been together, over and over in his mind. He remembered the way her silky skin felt under his fingertips as he trailed them over her body and he craved that awareness she aroused in him. Dom placed his arm around Jackie's shoulders, the same way he had on the yacht and he felt her snuggle up against him with her back on his chest. His warm body reacted to the feel of her resting against him and the sweet smell of her luxurious long brunette hair. He resisted the urge to wrap his arms around her and place his hands on the soft mounds of her breasts. To feel the way her body reacted to his touch that way it had on the yacht.

"Jackie, I need to tell you something." Dom looked apprehensive. He was about to confess his feelings to Jackie and he wasn't sure of the way Jackie was feeling. "I have been thinking a lot about you this last three weeks and I know that I need to have you in my life."

"I feel the same way Dom." Jackie could feel the relief wash over his body and his face relax as his shoulders dropped. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about you too."

"I am so glad to hear you say that. I was worried that what my father had said would scare you off."

"To be honest Dom, It did."

Dom felt a sudden stab in his chest as his heart seemed to tighten with fear.

"I have been throwing myself into my work so that I could try and fool myself that you mean nothing to me and that letting you go was the best thing for both of us," Jackie had shifted so that she was now facing him with her hands on his chest. "But when the tickets arrived I knew that I had been foolish. I'm Sorry Dom. I don't know what I was thinking."

"I'm not sure how much you heard of our conversation on the yacht," Dom ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "But I hope that you at least heard what I told him. All I ask is that you forget about him. As far as I'm concerned his opinion on my choice of partner doesn't matter."

"What about your position with the company? Your father made it very clear that he would disown you."

"I don't care about the company. I meant it when I was talking about the little country pub in Otago. That dream is still alive and well." Dom saw Jackie lift her head and gaze into his eyes. Her eyes were hypnotizing as their amber core danced like the flames of an open fire. "I meant what I told him Jackie. My feelings for you have grown in the short time that I have met you. I have never felt this way about anyone before."

He could feel her fingers tracing the buttons on his shirt and he shifted slightly as the sensation sent ripples of desire down to his manhood, and he knew she would notice as it tried desperately to free itself from its prison. "My god Jackie, I . . ."

It was Jackie's turn to interrupt his train of thought as she reached up and took his bottom lip into her mouth and teased it with her tongue. Flicking the tip backwards and forwards as she gently sucked. He responded by grabbing her around the waist and lifting her onto his lap. Reaching down he slowly ran his hands over her smooth thighs and under her skirt to cup her firm buttocks, massaging tenderly. He could feel both the monster within straining against its confines, and the smirk on Jackie's face as they kissed.

"My my, You have been missing me haven't you?" Jackie remarked.

***

Dom had been staying at a luxurious suite in the city centre that overlooked the harbor. He had been the perfect gentleman as usual and arranged a two-bedroom suite. He wasn't sure how Jackie would feel about sharing a room with him. Needless to say he didn't have anything to worry about. He had been walking on egg shells from the moment he purchased the airline tickets, wondering if Jackie would accept the invitation. His heart had doubled in size with joy when he saw her walk out of the automatic doors at the airport. He still wasn't sure of the reaction he was going to get but the fact that she had actually travelled to see him was a good indication that things were looking up. He was still a little shocked at the way they had just picked up their relationship from where it had seemingly ended the last time he saw her. He still had a lot of unanswered questions, but knew in his heart that this was the first step in working things out. He couldn't stop the boyish grin that was cemented on his face, and the excitement that he felt every time he looked at the beautiful girl next to him.

Jackie woke the next morning feeling completely relaxed and comfortable lying next to Dom, like it was exactly where she should be. She hadn't thought about the implications for her job, or Dom's father since she laid eyes on him at the airport. Dom had an uncanny way of making her forget all her worries and she felt utterly over the moon when she was with him.

She rolled over onto her side and studied this gorgeous Adonis that was stretched out beside her, naked except for the soft white Egyptian cotton sheet covering his lower extremities. His bronzed chest was covered in a light dusting of soft golden curls that tickled as she combed her fingers over his torso.

"So what shall it be for breakfast this morning Miss Prescott?" Dom asked as he was lazily thumbing through the menu.

"Well, that depends. What's on offer?" Jackie had a mischievous look on her face.

"Steady on! We missed dinner last night remember." Dom tried to sound serious.

"Oh how could I forget about last night?" Jackie slowly traced her fingers down over his toned abs.

"We need to replenish the expended energy before we can embark on another adventure, Miss Prescott. So what shall we order?" Dom tried to look stern as he gently grabbed her hand before it disappeared below the covers. He never could hide the glint of fun that sparkled in his eyes though.

"Oh alright then." Jackie reached over to snatch the menu from his hands. As she did so, Dom grabbed her and planted a kiss on her lips. "Now I know we're getting serious. Morning breath kisses."

Managing to grab the menu, Jackie studied the options. "I think I'll have the bacon and eggs with toast and a caramel latte Thank you Mr Tyrell." Jackie was trying her best at sounding pretentious.

Dom's face blazed with contempt. "Please don't call me that. I am not my father."

Jackie had seen that look before when she met him in her office for the first time. "Sorry." She was concerned but wasn't sure if she should explore what he was thinking or not.

"No, I'm sorry Jackie. I shouldn't have snapped."

"That's okay. I can see that you really don't like to be compared to your father do you?"

"No. I get tired of being known as Philip Tyrell's son. I am my own person."

"Your relationship with him isn't as strong as everyone thinks, is it?" Jackie couldn't help herself digging deeper into what makes Dom tick. He obviously had a hang up about his father and Jackie was curious to find out why.

"He's just so demanding, always wanting things done his way. My way was never good enough." Dom ran his hand through his curly hair. Jackie had noticed that he did this when he was frustrated. "It didn't help either when he spoke about you the way he did. I thought I had lost you forever. I will never forgive him for that."

"But I'm here now." Jackie wanted to say that she would be here forever, but she still had to figure out what was going to happen with her job.

While she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Dom, she still felt she needed to prove Dom's father wrong. She wasn't a gold digger out to get her hooks into the Tyrell fortunes, and she knew she would be able to handle anything that the so called upper-class world could throw at her. She is a lot stronger than people realize. However, leaving her job for Dom wouldn't convey any confidence in his father that this was true. But then, neither would lying about their relationship to keep her job. Jackie had a real conflict of interest between being with Dom and progressing her career. She was starting to get confused again and didn't want to spoil what little time she had with Dom this week-end. "Let's not invite him to join us this week-end eh. Let's just enjoy the next couple of days together, Yeah?"

"That sounds great." Dom sighed. "Now let's order, I'm famished!"

***

The rest of the week-end in Sydney was everything Dom had wanted. He had a taste of what his life would be like with Jackie in it. Spending every minute of the day with her, gave him the opportunity to really get to know all her quirks. He didn't know it was possible, but he fell more in love with her with each passing moment. They had strolled along the beaches, walked around the aquarium, cruised the Sydney Harbour and dined at some of the best restaurants that lined Darling Harbour. He had spent the entire time with a smile on his face, up until they had to leave for the airport. He didn't want her to go but also knew that she had to leave to keep up appearances.

"I'm going to miss you Dom." Jackie said to him as she kissed him with tears streaming down her face.

"Please don't cry. I'll skype you tomorrow night after work." He tried to sound up-beat but was secretly dying inside as well. Grabbing her into a bear hug he whispered into her ear, "I love you Jackie. Please don't ever forget that."

"I love you too Dom."

Dom's heart raced as he heard those three little words fall effortlessly out of Jackie's mouth. He suddenly took her shoulders and moved her away so that he could see her face. Looking longingly into those liquid whiskey eyes he searched for any hint that she could be insincere. All he saw was love so deep that he knew it was everlasting. Gently stroking the tears away from her face he leaned in and savored the final kiss that they would share before she had to leave him. Just before Jackie rounded the corner to the departures area that was for passengers only she stopped, turned to look at Dom and blew him a kiss before waving her final good-bye. Dom's heart sank as he watched her disappear behind the wall.  

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

43.8M 1.4M 90
Damien Stryker is a ruthless billionaire, but when Serena Mclane is forced to marry him, she hopes to find the mercy behind his cold eyes and strong...
621K 17.1K 40
Natalia Fuller has had a difficult upbringing in her early adolescence but she has learned to come out strong. As a result, she has a wonderful full...
564K 20.4K 37
Forbidden Love series #1 He was my fathers rival, but I couldn't help it, I fell for him all of him. I was in a trap that i couldn't get out of. An a...
3.4M 94.4K 67
"Stay away from me I'm not the man for you understand" how did this change to this "I can't live without her", read to figure out this one of a kind...