Raising Ryann (Bad Boy Reform...

By alyssaraetaylor

Luke Ryann is the stereotypical fighter- 100 percent alpha male. The kind of guy a girl should avoid at all c... More

Raising Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed 1) PROLOGUE Six Years Earlier
Chapter 2 The Tattooed Stranger (Reese's POV)
Chapter 3 The Faulty Pen and the Bad Boy (Reese's POV)
Chapter 4 One Sexy Alpha Male Coming Right Up (Reese POV)
Chapter 5 The Bad Boy Gets Protective (Reese's POV)
Chapter 6 Alpha Males Aren't My Type (Reese's POV)
Chapter 7 Wrestling With The Bad Boy (Reese's POV)

Chapter 1 Luke's Last Fight In The Cage (Luke's POV)

96.3K 1.4K 103
By alyssaraetaylor

Chapter 1 Luke Present Day

The bloodthirsty crowd sparks a familiar rush of adrenaline as Samantha struts back and forth across the octagon, arousing the spectators. My eyes circle the room finding Pam and Jim in their regular spot, and I’m thankful my biggest fans are here to support me. I flash Pam a wink letting her know that I see her. She grins, wiggling her eyebrows, playfully nudging Jim beside her. I rotate my neck from side to side as they announce the other contender, when Samantha pins me with her stare, mouthing the words I love you, before she prances out of the cage.

We stare each other down making our way to the center of the octagon. Standing nose to nose, both of us ready for them to give us the signal. I've held the last six titles in the Light Heavyweight Division. Seven is my lucky number, and I intend on winning another.

The ref spits out the rules, and round one begins. We both dance around the cage, focusing on one another’s weaknesses. He’s good on the ground; he’ll try to take me to the mat. I’m a striker. I plan to stay standing the rest of the fight. We read each other's expressions, holding our fists in front of our faces, wondering what the other's next move will be.

I decide to take a swing, and he shuffles back. I swing again, this time backing him into the net. Both of us are throwing punches, but none are making any contact, at least not enough to count. I can tell he's getting tired, so I back off, letting him rest. If I take him down right now, the fans won’t be happy. They came to see a fight, and I plan to give them one.   

We breeze our way through the first round, and he starts getting cocky, doing this winking shit. It irritates the hell out of me, so I step up my game, charging after him. He positions himself in a crouch, telling me he's ready to grapple and reaches out his arms to wrap them around my waist. He's using everything to get me on the ground. I'm not going to let that happen, because he's leaving himself open, and my fist is going to connect with his jaw … right about now.

There's a loud cracking sound before he goes down fast and hard. In fact, I'm pretty sure the guy saw stars. It takes a little over a minute before he blinks his way into consciousness, and it surprises me when he greets me with a smile. 

"Congratulations bro," he says, stretching out his arm. "You're a legend."

 I like this guy, so I give him a pat on the back, shaking his hand. "Thanks bud. Good job tonight.”  

"It's an honor.”  

"You're killing me." I grin. "Hey, take care of yourself out there.”  

"Yeah, you too.” We give our attention to the fans before I make my way over to Pam and Jim. I want to thank them for coming.

 "Good job buddy!” a familiar voice shouts from nearby. I turn at the waist, spotting my friend, Logan, who’s dressed like he's ready to party.

"Hey, I wasn't sure you were coming.”  

He shrugs then glances around the coliseum before his eyes land back on me. "You sure you want to leave all this?”  

My eyes follow the same direction his just did. "Yeah man. I'm sure.”  

"Luke!" Pam yells. I reach out to give her a hug, and she gently kisses my cheek, pulling

away quickly before getting my sweat on her.  

I grin. "Sorry, I'm wet.”  

"And stinky," she says, holding her nose with her slender fingers.  

"That's okay, he can stink," Jim shouts next to me, patting me on the back. "Good fight, son, though I guess you could have stretched it out a bit.”          

I chuckle. "I was going to wait another round, but he got cocky.”

"I saw that." Slipping an arm around Pam's shoulders he asks, "You sure you want to

quit?” He watches me intently as though I'll change my mind.  

"Why does everyone keep asking that?”  

Logan smirks, rocking back and forth on his heels as if he's contemplating an answer.

"You're young," Jim says. "You're not going to miss the fame?” He looks around. "The fans?” His eyes stop on Samantha. "And the women?” He mumbles the last part, and I snicker at the glare he earns from Pam.  

"The parties," Logan adds, right as Pam slaps Jim on the back of the head.

I glance at Logan. "It gets old, trust me." Looking at Jim, I add, "And I don't have any problems when it comes to women.”  

"Enough about the women!" Pam growls. "Why are you encouraging him to fight, Jim? If he wants to lay low, leave him alone about it. Besides, you won't have to worry about him getting hurt.”  

"That's my cue," Logan interrupts. "I'm going to head out, to your party." He emphasizes the word your, signaling toward a group of girls who have been staring at us.

"Catch you in a few," I tell him. He waves at the rest of the group then walks away.

"So how long are you two going to be gone?" I ask.

Pam looks at Jim and arches a brow.  

"What?" he asks.  

"Do you know how long we're going to be gone this time?" she teases. "Because last time you seemed to know, and we ended up staying a lot longer than our original plan.”

"Two weeks, but you never know with these things.” He scratches his nose as Pam makes faces beside him. "Sometimes it takes longer than expected.” Jim likes to go to these marketing conventions, and they usually end up being out of state. Pam thinks they're a waste of time, but she goes with him because he wants her there. He's always looking for ways to make a little more money and have a successful business. A couple years ago they opened their own gym. I thought the idea was perfect and told them I'd help out as soon as I retired. They just didn't expect me to retire this damn soon.          

"Does anybody know I'm coming?" I ask them.  

Pam places her palm over her forehead and her eyes go wide. "Crap! I didn't get a chance to tell her.”  

"You better call her," Jim says. My eyes flick back and forth between them.

"I figured it would be good to put the two of you together until we have everything set up for your class.” She grabs my shoulders. "Isn't it ironic?”  

"Huh?” I tilt my head because I have no idea what she's talking about.

She smiles. "That you and Reese will be working together?”  

That name. I know the name. "Wait ... You mean Reese? As in your little neighbor Reese?” My eyebrows shoot up in surprise.   

"It hasn't been that long since we've talked about her. She's not little anymore, Luke.”

"Yeah, but she's old enough to have a job?”  

"Well of course, she's in college now.” Pam stares at me like I'm a dumbass.     

"She was pretty young the last time I saw her. I guess I have a hard time picturing her as an adult," I reply.

"Well she is, and she's beautiful.” The memory of what that prick almost did to her flashes through my mind. By the look on their solemn faces, they were expecting it.

"So she's doing pretty good, huh?” I ask them.

Jim nods. "We told you we'd watch out for her, and we meant it.”   

"Her mother still lives in the same house. Never remarried. She dates though. There always seems to be a man around. They usually don't stay for long. Then she moves on to the next. When Reese finally got her own apartment, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I never liked the burden her mother put on her. It wasn't right. The poor thing grew up too fast." She ruffles my hair. "Sounds like someone else I know.”

"That's too bad." I frown.

"She didn't have a choice," Jim says, and I agree with him.

"But she's a fighter," Pam tells me.

"Yes, she is," Jim adds. "Tough little woman.”

"Sounds like it.” I decide to change the subject ‘cause it's getting a little depressing. "So what does she do there, anyway?”  

"Oh," Pam smiles. "You're gonna love this. She teaches self-defense classes to young girls," they both say together. "You should see her with them. She's wonderful.”  

I grin at the thought of that. I couldn't imagine a better job for her. "Perfect ... that's perfect." I scratch the back of my neck, thinking about our working together. "Listen, maybe you shouldn't mention anything to her about who I am. You know? I don't want things to be awkward.”

"Why would it be awkward?" Pam asks.

"The situation she was in the last time I saw her? I don't want her to feel embarrassed, that I know ... that I was there that day.”

Pam covers her mouth, concerned. "You're right, Luke. I didn't even think about that," she says. But at the same time, you saved her. You saved her from her father, too."

"I just want her to feel like she has some privacy," I say.

"You don't think she'll recognize you?" Jim asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "I doubt it. It's been years. I've put on weight, grown over half a foot. Besides, I don't think I'd recognize her if you hadn't told me. She was what, maybe twelve the last time we saw each other?”  

"Something like that," Pam replies. "All right fine. We won't say anything, but when she finds out, and she will, I'm blaming you for making me keep quiet.”

"Deal." I grin, reaching out to give her a hug.  

"So you ready to go home?" Jim asks.  

"More than ready. Even registered for a couple of classes, too.”   

Pam's eyes twinkle. "You did?”

"Yeah, I figured why not, now that I've got all this time on my hands.”

"Go for it. You've got the brain," Jim says, placing his hand on my shoulder. "We're proud of you son.”                                                           

                                                                                 ***

“Come on baby, just one more time?” she whines, running a nail down my chest, continuing south toward my package. When she reaches the top of my pants I grab her finger, holding it still. “Last time you didn’t have any complaints.” She frowns, reaching out with her other hand to cup me.

This girl doesn’t know when to quit. She’s invading my space, and I’m not interested. So I take a step forward and tell her so. “Last time was a mistake.” I smirk, leaning down so I’m right in her face. “I’m just not that into you.”

She glares at me, disgusted, then flips her hair as she storms away to find her next victim.

“Hey Samantha!” I yell.

She looks over her shoulder and waits.

“Tell Jason I said hey.”

She huffs then stumbles off.

Logan chuckles on the couch across from me while he finishes the last of his beer. He’s been here a little longer than I have, and he’s feeling the effects of the alcohol. “What is wrong with you, man?”

“What do you mean?” I ask, glancing at the familiar blondes he has sitting on each side of him.

“Have you had your eyes checked?”

“What? Samantha? She’s engaged.” The woman deserves it. She failed to mention that piece of information the night we hooked up.

He covers his mouth. “Awe poor baby. Do you feel used?” The two girls sitting beside him giggle as he flashes a wink.

 I place my hand over my heart. “I do, and it hurts.”

He quirks an eyebrow and sets his empty cup on the coffee table. “Wait, I’m confused. When has that ever stopped you before?”

“When I happen to know the guy she’s engaged to.”

“Ouch. That’s messed up.”

I agree. “He’s a pretty solid dude, too.”

 He nods his head in understanding then squeezes each girl on the thigh. They give each other a look that helps me remember why they’re so familiar. “You gonna grab a drink brotha or what?”

  “Nah, I’m good.”

 “That’s right, I forgot.” Logan rubs his chin. “You quit.”

  “You quit?” both the blondes ask in sync.

“For now.” I run a hand through my hair. “I don’t know if it’s a permanent thing, but I need a break.”

“Congratulations Luke,” a guy I don’t know says as he walks by with a slap on the back. The music all of the sudden gets louder, and people around us start to dance.

“Thanks man.”

“Why are you taking a break?” asks the girl on Logan’s left, so he quickly changes the subject to redeem himself.

“Wanna go outside?” He gets up, and I tip my head in the direction of the back, then we squeeze through the growing crowd as Logan chuckles behind me.

 “Sorry man,” he says, filling his cup at the keg. “I know you like to keep your shit private.” His eyes drift to a group of women standing a few feet away, stopping on a tight red mini skirt.

“I told you man, I’m out. Tired of the rumors, done with the drama, ready for the simple life. People are out to destroy you in this business. You never know who you can trust.”

I realize I’m wasting my breath when Logan drops his cup to get a peek at the chick’s panties. “Are you sure the drama isn’t worth it?” He cockss a brow before his eyes meet mine. “Pink lace,” he mouths, flashing a smile.

  “You’re ruthless.”

   “And you’re a saint,” he scoffs before gulping down the rest of his beer.

A girl walks up and instantly plants a kiss on my mouth before I have time to see her face. When she walks away she gives me a little wave.

“She’s hot.”

I agree. She is.

“What? No sex either?” He gives a half smirk.

“I said I was taking a break from alcohol, not taking a vow with the Jonas Brothers.”

He chuckles. “Did you see those twins inside? TWINS, Luke.”

 “Triplets,” I reply, then clear my throat. “Yeah, I saw them.”

  He blinks in disbelief, and I laugh out loud.

“Why is it that you always tap them first? I’m sick and tired of your leftovers.” His eyes travel to the chick in the red skirt. “You get a piece of that, too?”

 I shake my head no, even though I’m not sure if I have or haven’t. I couldn’t tell you how many there’s been and swear it’s not something I’m proud about.

  Logan breaks me out of my thoughts. “Truly, I’m shocked. You’ve actually left one untainted.”

 “Yeah well, what can I say, I’ve been a whore. Maybe I should slow down with the ladies, too. I’m pretty sure it’s bad for my health.”

  He grins. “You know what? I think you becoming a monk isn’t such a bad idea.”

 Shortly after, Logan does a keg stand and heads off into the bathroom with some girls. That’s when I decide to call it a night. I swear I’m getting too old for this.

Thank you for reading my story! Please feel free to leave me any questions or comments, and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.7K 34
Emma also known as "panther" is the best street fighter in her state and it doesn't help having a abusive dad. But she is also her schools biggest ne...
222K 5.4K 27
Kat is known for being rough around the edges, but no one knows why. No one but her best friend, Blake. At the age of only seven, her dad died tragi...
7.4K 660 113
"𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘵" - @_𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨_𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭_ Book 1. Can be read as a stand-alone! [𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐥�...
783 65 24
Falling in love with your worst enemy is not a simple thing for anyone. ############|||||############## Alex Kensington, heir to a vast medical empi...