Best Friends with the Player...

By ehl_kayy_writes

player (n) : a male who is skilled at seducing women and is only interested in sex. Santana Marie Kl... More

Before You Read, Please 🍒
Chapter One-
Chapter Two-
Chapter Three -
Chapter Four-
Chapter Five-
Chapter Six-
Chapter Seven-
Chapter Eight-
Chapter Nine-
Chapter Ten-
Chapter Eleven-
Chapter Twelve-
Chapter Thirteen-
Chapter Fourteen-
Chapter Fifteen-
Chapter Sixteen-
Chapter Seventeen-
Chapter Eighteen-
Chapter Nineteen-
Chapter Twenty-
Chapter Twenty One-
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Four-
Chapter Twenty Five-
Chapter Twenty Six-
Chapter Twenty Seven-
Chapter Twenty Eight-
Chapter Twenty Nine-
Chapter Thirty-
Chapter Thirty One-
Chapter Thirty Two-
Chapter Thirty Three-
Chapter Thirty Four-
Chapter Thirty Five-
Epilogue-
POSSIBLE SEQUEL: DAEMON'S STORY?
SEQUEL : THE PLAYER'S UNOFFICIAL REBOUND (DAEMON'S STORY)
The Player's Unofficial Rebound Up!
The Player's Unofficial Rebound- Dicontinued
Sequel Republished

Chapter Twenty Three-

304K 13.5K 6.5K
By ehl_kayy_writes

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!
UPDATE! UPDATE!
UPDATE!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

10 COMMENTS FOR NEXT UPDATE? 50 VOTES ? :)

ANY BOOK SUGGESTIONS ON WATTPAD? :)

XOXO,
LOSALINI <3

•••||||•••

The door bell rang again, reminding me that there was currently one set of twins waiting outside, in the cold night, waiting for me to let them in.

Why?

Maybe because the man in the sky had a fun time messing with my life.

As far as I know, I was a good child, a good daughter, a good student. So why in the name of all that's gracious and good was my life so flipping messed up?

The bell rang again.

Freeze! Or go back home!

I contemplated just leaving them be, yanking on my earphones and drowning myself in all that is EXO whilst hoping they got the message.

But then, as I said before, I am a good girl. And good girls just don't let people freeze to death, especially if one of the 'potential icicle victims' was their best friend.

I walked downstairs and dwadled towards the door, hoping they'd given up and left in the time it took to walk to the door.

The bell rang again.

Flipping stubborn twins!

I ran my good hand through my hair, getting rid of my bed hair too late before I unlocked the door and opened it.

My face lit up when only Jenny stood there.

She yelped out with excitement as if we hadn't just seen each other hours ago. Then she yanked me into a tight hug, which apparently was not one of her brightest ideas.

My bruised arm was caught in our embrace and protested, eliciting a painful wince out of me.

Thankfully Jenny didn't notice. For all I know she'd throw a fit and proceed to grab her brother and demand an apology.

"Come in," I said as I free myself off her embrace.

She nodded and hurried inside.

Just as I was closing the door, something pushes back.

I turn around and my minute long smile disappears.

Wearing a white country club polo shirt and black jeans, pushing against the door was none other than the epitome of evil twins. AKA Jesse Archer.

"You're not getting out of this that easily Eggnog," he smirks as he pushes the door fully open and enters the house.

* * *

Apparently, while I was being happy and relieved with his lack of appearance, he'd run to their house to grab the bags of doritos and grainwaves they'd forgotten for movie night.

Like I said. The man in the sky liked to mess with me.

"I'll get some popcorn!" Jenny exclaimed as we set the snacks and refreshments on the coffee table.

"We don't need popcorn!" Jesse argued as he played with his phone, probably messaging one of his many admirers, planning a date, already.

The guy moved fast!

We just broke up and already... Right! We hadn't even dated in he first place!

Maybe Jesse hadn't only messed with my shoulder, maybe he'd messed with my brain too.

"Popcorn creates a cinematic feel, Jesse. I'm making it."

"I'll help," I offered as I got up from the sofa. It was my house, and here I was making the guests work.

"Nah," Jenny brushed off my offer. "It's pretty simple to make San. Just relax. How hard is it to make popcorn, right?" She smiled as she disappeared into the kitchen.

"Oh, oh," Jesse says, no hint of malice, surprisingly, just fear. "You got the fire department on speed dial, right?" He looked at me. No glare, just a look.

I nodded.

"Be ready to dial."

I shoot him a look of confusion.

"She burns toast. Heck, she's already broken about four... Wait, five toasters. She's broken five toasters. Not to mention the waffle irons she's turned charcoal black."

I chuckled. "You're exaggerating."

He shook his head, just as a smell of something burning drifts towards us. He gives me a 'you see' look.

I hurriedly got up and rush to the kitchen just as Jenny pulls a smoky black bag of popcorn out of the microwave.

"How do you like it?" She turns to me. "Crispy black or charcoal?"

After taking over with the popcorn department, I ask her to make some onion dip and guacamole. Surely she can succeed in not turning it black.

I head to the living room and sat down, waiting for Jenny to come with the dips for the chips.

Jesse and I envelop ourselves in silence as I pick at the popcorn and he tapped urgently on his phone.

How many girls was he texting?

After minutes of silence, his voice surprises me when he says, "Daemon's got the whole knight in shining armour thing going for him, right?"

I look at him questioningly.

"Today," he answered, sensing my look even without a glance at me. "During gym."

I shrug.

"Typical," he says under his breath, probably in the hopes of me not hearing him.

"What is your problem exactly?" I snapped, without meaning to.

He pauses his hasty typing session with whatever desperation lay on the other end and looks up at me. He stares at me for a while. Then he looks back at his phone and types away again, furiously.

"Now, you can't even give me an answer! Is that slut that interesting?" The words slip out without me meaning it to. Stupid lack of a filter!

He looks up, confused. "Slut?"

Trying to save face, I act uninterested as I shove some popcorn into my mouth. "Whoever you're texting," I reply as I prayed Jenny would enter the room sooner.

He looks at his phone, and smirks before he looks back at me. "Jealous, aren't we, Candy Canes?"

I snort at him. "Not in the least. I'm as interested as a jock in algebra."

He smirks. "I'm interested in algebra."

I was just about to let a set of colorful words fly before Jenny walks in, a sly smile on her face.

"Dips here."

We settled on watching Rushed, the movie starring Dylan Rush and Alex Hunt. Apparently everyone had been talking about it.

I took a seat on the sofa with Jenny while Jesse said on the carpet, his hand constantly in the popcorn bowl.

My stupid shoulder starts screaming in pain halfway through the movie, and refuses to cease.

Jesse definitely packed a lot of anger in that throw of his.

I shift uncomfortably in my seat and try to sooth it slowly, hoping the movie would just hurry up and end.

The last thing I wanted was for one or both of them to notice my pain.

I didn't want to become anyone's pity parade.

I wince silently every once in a while but thankfully neither of them seem to notice.

The movie ends after an hour of torturous pain.

"I'll come later," Jesse says as Jenny says her goodbyes and walks out.

I grab the remaining empty packets of chips and head to the kitchen to throw them away.

What was he still doing here?

"Santana," his deep voice makes me just an inch from the garbage disposal.

And that was the third time he addressed me by my first name.

My heart did a little stutter, shockingly.

"What?" I snapped as I wash the few dishes left in the sink.

"Can we talk this out?"

"Talk what out exactly?" I shove the dishes into the soapy water surprised none of them shattered.

"You. Me. Us," he replied.

"There is no us, Jesse," I said.

"Yet," he muttered.

"What?" I asked, confused on whether I heard him right.

"What if you gave up this whole 'Get Daemon' mission you're on, huh?"

I chuckled drly. "And what? Come to you?" I snorted. "Daemon is the whole reason we started this whole dating bullshit, remember?"

"I know," he snapped.

"And you expect me to get over him? Just like that?"

He ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "Fine," he snapped. "Fine. Go after Matthews. But know this, I'm going to do everything I can to stop you."

"What?" I snapped, confused. Why?

"You heard me," he said as he opened the deep fridge.

"What are you doing?"

Next thing I know he's gotten out the ice pack and is walking towards me.

"Stay away from me." I warned.

He doesn't listen as he stops inches from me. "Stop acting like you don't feel anything, Marie. Get some ice on that shoulder."

I stare at him in shock.

He knew?

He turns around and moves to walk out of the kitchen. He pauses just before he disappears and turns back. "I'm sorry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.3K 35
- Ashley Kingston, the girl who has always been in love with her best friend Tyler, the schools player boy who has almost half of the girls on their...
272K 9.7K 32
Miles Rivera wants nothing except to graduate high school. Having two younger siblings, he's taken over as being the man of the house. Helping with t...
61.5K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
5.7K 935 96
He stood for everything she was against and he wouldn't be caught dead befriending someone like her, but when the worst happens and they find themsel...