His Last Joke (Sequel to His...

By DCfreakxox

Previously after Eva getting involved in pursuing a certain jewel with The Joker and The Riddler. Evangeline... More

Blank
Home?
I'm Back!
Patient 0801
Therapy Begins
Back Story ?!
I Know You
Glass Slides and Love Bugs
Dinners and Skype Calls
Concrete.
Home?
Settling Back
Just Like Me!
8:30-ish
Behind The Cowl
Is This Goodbye?
Take Me To Him
Here Comes Natalie
Wayne Manor
Fake Blondes
Hot Dogs and Chess?
Alone
Falling Back
Black Out
Miss me?
Founder's island
Package Delivery
Breaking The Bat
Titan
The Power's Call
Test Results
Merry Christmas
Batman To The Rescue
Put Batsie On Speed Dial
The Bat Has To Die
Daughter of The Demon
The Demon Trials
The Grand Finale
Author's Note

History Repeats Itself

3.7K 153 42
By DCfreakxox

~ Chapter 14 ~

* Joker's P.O.V *

  I walked out of the warehouse and stepped into the van. I could hear my men beating him up. I could hear his pathetic yells and cries. My inner noise however, was louder than both of them.. I just need to clear my head. Eva was plaguing my mind today. It is like the plague though, in a way. It made it's way around and crept up on me. Love is a disease. In fact! Love has killed more than any disease! Love makes us sick! It's the nightmares of dreams! It haunts us, for every waking hour. It's a sick deal with a heavy cost..But what was the cost I was trying to squirm out of? Was there really anything to avoid? 

 I heard a few more yells from inside and cursed under my breath. I yanked the van door open and stepped out. I banged on the shed door and a few of my men came and pulled it open. I walked past them before skipping my way to the chair he was in. I picked up a piece of electric copper wire I found along the way and smoothed a peace of my hair back into it's place as I stood back up. My men moved away from him as I got closer to the chair and moved back by the door. 

Nathan's face looked pretty bad up close. I mean he was blue eyed, blood running down his mouth, swollen cheeks. I mean he was just black and blue all around really. However, it was missing a certain something.. When I reached the chair I realized he was crying. Scratch that I meant sobbing! He had his head leaning over one shoulder and tears streaming down his face as he silently wept. Oh boohoo..

"Aww! You're crying because you missed me didn't you! Well there's no need, I'm right-" I spoke before stopping mid-sentence as he stood up and ran at me, getting a knife from behind him and jabbing my right side. 

My men saw what was happening and rushed over throwing him back to the chair. I stepped back a few steps, laughing at what had just happened, as my men took the knife and tied him to the chair. A few were about to approach my crouched figure but my laugh got louder.

"AHA! AHAHAHAAHA!" I laughed as I looked at the blood on my hand which I just removed from the wound.

My men tried to hesitantly approach me but I held my hand up.

"Is that really your attempt at killing me?! At least jab me harder! This is merely a scratch!" I boomed as he started crying again.

"Oh that's not the spirit, Nathan!" I spoke as I made my way around, standing behind his chair.

" There's no need to mope around! Straighten up! " I said as I pulled him against the chair's back and dragged him up. 

He straightened his head and quieted his crying, waiting for me to do something. He was petrified.

"Now what's wrong? Don't look so down! Smile! I know how to make up smile!" I spoke as I brought the copper wire over his mouth and to his lips. He began to shiver.

"Come on Nathan, smile! Don't look so serious...Why so serious?" I whispered the last part as I brought my face down to his ears, before I started pulling the copper wire. It slowly cut through the skin as it parted his lips. He tried to let out a few screams at first but then he passed out midway. He's no fun! I let go of the wire before I spat on him and walked towards my men. 

"Kill him." I said addressing some of them and signaling for the others to follow me out to the van.

"The knife.." I spoke when we were in, as they looked at each other before one of them gulped and took it out of his pocket. It was the one in the driver's seat.

"This was yours, wasn't it?" I questioned him.

"Y-yes boss." He stuttered looking at me through the rear-view mirror.

"Ah yes.. Then you should know better than to have a little bastard take your knife from you!" I yelled.

" I swear boss, I-I swear it won't happ-" I got my gun out of my jacket pocket and shot him in the head mid-sentence.

"There won't be a next time. James you drive." I spoke addressing the man next to me as he gulped and moved out of the van.

He opened the door to the front seat and grabbed the other goon by the jacket.

"Come on! Move it! We don't have all day! Throw him out unless you want a bullet in your brain too!" I barked at him as I put my hand on my wound. I felt more blood come out as I pressed on it to avoid losing more blood.

James threw the goon on the pavement before getting in and driving away. I cursed under my breath as the wound continued throbbing.

* Eva's P.O.V *

 I spent all afternoon reading or walking around the house. Jack and all his men have been out all morning. I can't say I don't know why. He told me he was going after him, and I didn't quite care. I almost forgot about this place, I missed it. I mean I did forget about this place. Literally, but you know what I mean. I found myself walking towards Jack's office. I liked the old house better. This one feels colder but maybe it's because I'm just not used to it. I've only been here for like a week or two before the accident.

 I opened Jack's office stepping inside. I looked around before dragging my fingertips across the bookshelf. Everything was so dusty. I was about to step towards the desk but I heard a car pulling up and quickly closed the lights and headed out of the office. I didn't want to bother him, I don't know how he'll react to me in his office exactly. I walked behind the kitchen island and pretended to make some tea. A few minutes later the door opened and I turned around as two of Jack's men entered with him limping in the middle, with his arms over each of their necks.

"Are you okay?!" I asked as I moved away from the kitchen island and saw his bloody side.

"Stupid question! Don't answer that!" I said clearing the island for them to put him on it.

The put him on the table and he slowly took his jacket off grumbling.

"Angel.." He whispered.

I helped him take his jacket off and slid off his shirt.

"How did this happen?!" I asked looking at the wound.

"He was stabbed." One of the men answered me and Jack grunted.

"Okay! Get me some thread and a  sewing needle! Also see if we have some alcohol and something cotton!" I yelled at them.

"Oh my god, Jack." I said looking at him.

"I have some Aspirin in my purse. Hold on." I spoke.

"Here, take two of these." I said handing him the box when I came back, before filling him a cup of water.

I handed him the cup and next to him I saw the men had set out the things I asked for.

"Okay, this will burn you." I spoke as I poured some alcohol on the piece of cotton they got me. I started to slowly dab his wound as he hissed.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, it's almost done!" I gave him a few more dabs before letting the cotton go.

I looped the needle with the thread and looked at Jack. 

"First time's the hardest, okay?" I said as he nodded. He was leaning back on his arms.

I inhaled and gave him another look before holding his skin together.

"Okay, take a deep breath." I spoke as he did.

I stitched the first holes together and he grabbed the bottle of alcohol and took a few gulps. After a few stitches he got used to the pain. He was now sitting the same but I could feel his eyes on me, watching my every move.

"I hope you're feeling better." I spoke.

"Thank you, Angel." He rasped.

"History repeats itself, doesn't it?" He smirked and I looked up at him.

"Ah yes, but if I recall correctly, the last time I stitched you up, it was your bicep." I spoke giving his upper arm a light prick with the needle.

"You'd think you'd be used to this by now." I giggled as his shoulders raised slightly.

"No.." He laughed, "But I am used to the alcohol that comes with." He said before taking another sip of the bottle.

A few minutes later, one of his men asked if I needed anything and I told him to fetch me some gauze bandages. I finished stitching him up and the man brought the gauze.

"There. All done." I said before cutting the thread and putting the needle away.

"Come on. Let's get you to the room. I can wrap this in there, you need to rest." I spoke grabbing the bandages as he went down from the island and grabbed his stitches.

"Don't move so quick. The wound still didn't heal, you know? Come here I'll help up." I said walking over to him and putting my arm around his waist as he put his arm over my shoulder.

I guided him slowly to the room as he stopped mid-way and spoke.

"You do know I'm only doing this to put my arm around you right?" He smirked.

"Mhmm sure thing, tough guy. Let's go." I giggled as we entered his room.

"Stay here." I spoke as he stood in the middle of the room as I opened the bandages packet. 

I looked up at him and he was half turned and looking down at his stitches, slightly picking at them. Even with stitches I still thought his body looked good.

I untied the first big of gauze and walked over to him. I started to wrap his abdomen, turning around him with the gauze as he chuckled.

"I think I'll stay shirtless from now on. You seem to like me better that way." He smirked. Crap. He noticed me staring at him earlier.

"What can I say? History repeats itself." I giggled quoting him from earlier.

---------------------------------------

Hi guys!!

I'm sorry for the long wait!

I had to go back to high school. (Which was horrible)

Anyways! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote!

Tell me what you thought of the comparison to the chapter "Wounds" in the prequel.

Hope you're all having a great day!

Sorry again for the wait!

Next chapter will be posted today or tomorrow!

Much love xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454 27 20
*second book in Batman series* It has been nine months since Dick Grayson's death. Bruce and Barbara have continued to live together as partners and...
25.6K 496 31
Gotham city, a place run by mob bosses and the notorious Bat. A girl gets orphanated at a very young age and grows up dealing with the trauma. During...
51.2K 862 15
(Y/N) (L/N) AKA Prometheus is a known vigilante and killer of cops. 6 Years after he escaped Task Force X he's recaptured by a small army. After that...
573 5 15
Eri is on the run when everything turns upside down and she doesn't know what to do.