Stepbrother ✔

By XthatONEchicX

"You're so lame." Alexander comments as he walks into the kitchen. "Shut up, I don't care." I scoff as I con... More

Stepbrother
0.1
0.2
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
Character Interview
Epilogue

0.3

781K 21.6K 11.5K
By XthatONEchicX

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"Umm let's see," I say aloud to myself as I look through my notepad and smile as I have english with Mrs. Wilson next - she's my favorite teacher. I stuff my other books into my locker and huff in frustration when my phone rings in my pocket. I check the dialer and roll my eyes as 'playboy' appears on my screen.

"Speak." I hiss through the phone and a girl passing by gives me a weird look as she looks at me from head to toe. "Keep walking, nothing to see here." I tell her and she quickly walks away. "That's right." I mutter and go back to the phone. "Hello?"

"Courts!" His nickname makes me make a face of distaste and I get my stuff ready for my next class.

"Im gonna hang up now." I say as I remove the phone from my ear and prepare myself to end the call when he calls out to me.

"No, no, no! This is important!"

I hastily bring the phone back to my ear. "What is it?"

"Where are you right now?" He asks and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I close my locker shut.

"Why do you need to know?" I question and lean back against the lockers.

"I forgot to do Mr. Lapworth's homework. Help a guy out, here. My dad will kill me if he finds out." I roll my eyes at his lack of responsibility and pull myself off the lockers.

"To think that you'll be taking your dad's place in his company in just a few years shocks me on how you will be able to do it." I chuckle and he stays silent for a while.

"It's not funny, I don't really want my dad's job. I want to be a racer."

"Oh, is that so?" I smirk and he hums at me.

"Mhm, but my dad will never agree. We've already discussed over it..." He trails off as I hear a girl talking to him.

"Hey Alex, so when should I go over to your house?" Ew, please don't.

"Uhh I can't today, Nancy. I have plans." His voice sounds muffled and I remove the phone from my ear. He most likely covered the receiver. I think to myself as I hear her voice again.

"Aww, alright. How about tomorrow?" She insists and I roll my eyes before I hang up. As soon as I do that, the bell rings and I stuff my phone into my backpack.

I start walking towards my classroom and a surprised squeal escapes my lips when someone grabs my waist from behind and spins me around. "What the hell!" I whisper shout as Alexander gives me a sly smile.

"Hello to you too." He chuckles and I glare at him. "Before you flip out on me, I need to ask you for a favor."

I tap my foot on the ground as I wait for him to speak and watch the door to my classroom. "Well, what is it?" I ask, being a bit impatient.

"Will you please help me with my homework?" He asks in a quick voice and I gape at him. He actually has the nerve...

"Remember last semester?" He nods his head. "Well, didn't I do all the work? I busted my ass off for two whole weeks for that damn project while you just hung out with your friends and had sex." I move my hands around to mark my point and he simply smirks at me. "All because I got stuck with you as a partner. Besides, if it wasn't because of the way she graded it, I wouldn't have wrote your name down and you would've failed." I point out.

He grabs my shoulders and looks into my eyes. "Oh, come on please. That was last year."

One of my eyebrows shoots upwards. "Last year?" I question. "Well," I pause and think about it. "Technically yeah but it was the same school year. Not long ago at all, it's January twenty-eight today. Literally at most it was a month ago." I explain and groan when the tardy bell rings. "See what you do?" I turn to give him an accusing glare.

He throws his hands up, as if saying he's innocent. "You're the one who started a rant. I just asked a simple question that just needed a quick yes or no answer."

I give him a blank look before ripping his grip from my wrist. "I need to go get a pass." I say as I begin to walk away from him.

"Well guess what? Me too, Courts." He grows a smug smirk on his face as he walks beside me and I narrow my eyes at him.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?"

He lets out a deep chuckle. "Like a thousand times."

"And I will tell you a thousand more times if you keep calling me that. So just don't."

He throws his hands up in surrender. "Alright alright geez sorry, doll face." I huff out a breath and stomp my way out of building A, Alexander following along.

"Hi, I need a late pass." I smile at the lady in the office and she nods her head before getting up from her seat and approaching us.

"Sure, your id number please." She motions for me to put it in and I do just that before pressing enter. "Thank you, here you go." She hands me my late pass and I smile politely at her.

I begin to walk back to class and groan when Alexander jogs to catch up to me. "Hold up, wait for me." He laughs and I force out a fake one.

"Haha go away." I deadpan and enter building A again.

"Rude." He comments and I roll my eyes. I let out a breath of relief when I see my class and just as Im about to enter, Alexander grabs my wrist and spins me around, again.

"What do you want? You're so annoying." I grumble and he gives me a glare. Then he grins at me.

"Im annoyingly sexy?" He says - in a questioning manner - and I raise an eyebrow. Is he being serious right now?

"No." I turn back around to enter my class. "You're just plain annoying." I correct and grip my book by my side before taking a step forward.

"Wait." He pulls me back with more force than needed and I crash into his chest, dropping my book in the process. A loud thud echoes in the entire hall and I blush furiously when he positions his hand on the small of my back.

"Woah there now, don't fall." He laughs softly as our faces are only inches apart and I push myself away from him when the door behind me opens and I fall back on my butt.

"What's going on here, Ms. Salazar?" Mrs. Wilson asks in a very confused voice and I fix my hair as I get up.

"Umm, I took a little tumble." I laugh awkwardly and her eyebrows crease.

"Alright, do you have a pass?" She asks as she extends out her hand and I nod my head before giving it to her. I glare at Alexander's back as he exits the building and I pick up my book, then enter my class.

I ignore all the stares from the students and go straight to my assigned seat before I take out my notebook and copy down the notes displayed on the board.

* * *

Once class is over, I shove my stuff into my backpack and exit the classroom behind everyone else. I make my way to my locker and take out my lunch that I prepared this morning; a sandwich, an apple, and a Caprisun. Gotta love Caprisun juice pouches.

I then shut my locker and hum a tune as I walk towards the library, where I always hang out on my own. As I enter the door, the librarian immediately greets me with a smile and I return it before going to the back of the library.

I grab a random book that interests me and sit down on the ground with my legs crossed. I take out my sandwich from my lunch bag and take a bite before I open the book and begin reading, and eating.

* * *

"Hey, watch where you're going." A random guy that bumps into me on the way out of school scoffs and I mutter curse words under my breath. "It's cool, just don't do it again." Fuck off, dude. I wasn't even apologizing. I roll my eyes before I fix the wrap on my shoulder and march my way to the gates.

"Aye, courts!" I hear Alexander's annoying voice call out to me and I freeze in my tracks.

"Oh shit!" Is all I hear before someone bumps into me from behind and my backpack falls onto the ground, along with me.

I hiss in pain when the person falls on top of me and my small hands take all of the weight. "Hey if you don't mind, I would like if you got of me. Please and thank you." I grumble and I don't have to say it twice. He quickly gets off of me and I groan as I, too, try to get up.

"Courts, are you okay?" Alexander asks as he runs up to me and I curse inwardly.

"Im fine." I lie.

"No, you're not. Here let me help you." He offers his hand to me and I eye it carefully. "Im just trying to help." I raise an eyebrow at him and finally decide to accept his help.

I grab onto his hand and I don't even have time to think before he pulls me up in a swift tug, almost ripping off my arm. "Hey what the hell? You're going to leave me armless."

He simply chuckles at me and I pat my clothes to clean off the dirt. "Aye yo, Alex!" I hear a couple male voices shout to my left and we both quickly turn to see his friends standing by his truck.

He turns back to me and gives me a smile. "Want a ride home?" He offers. "It'll take a while though since Im going to drop them all off first." He adds sheepishly and I laugh.

"Thanks but I think I'm good with walking." I reply and he frowns at me.

"Courts, it's pretty far from here. Are you sure?" He speaks with concern in his voice and I stare at him in astonishment.

"Thanks for worrying about me, but Im fine. Really-" he doesn't let me finish as he grabs my hand and starts pulling me in the direction of his truck, and his friends.

"No you're coming with me. Let's go."

"But-"

"No buts, Im not letting you walk. You're my responsibility now." I anchor my feet to the ground when I hear that last statement.

"Im not a child." I point out and he tugs on my arm to force me to keep walking.

"I don't care if you're a child or not. If something happens to you, Im screwed." He reasons and I groan when we finally reach his truck.

"Umm, dude? I thought you liked chicks..." One of his friends says and they all burst into laughter when they look me up and down.

"Shut it, Steve." Alexander glares at him and I look down at the ground as I feel intimidated by all of their stares. "Guys, respect her and we will remain cool. Courts, take shot gun." He tells me and I nod my head swiftly before opening the door and climbing in.

"Aww, bro. I thought we agreed on me always getting that seat." Another one of his friends whines and I roll my eyes.

"Guess not." Alexander chuckles as he climbs into the driver's seat and I stare out the window. All of his friends hop into the back seats and I fiddle with my hands on my lap when I feel all of their stares on me again. "So who wants to get home first?"

"Me." I mumble and jump up in fear when the truck booms with loud music out of nowhere. "What the hell!" I screech and turn to smack him, completely ignoring the groans coming from behind me. "You nearly scared me to death!"

Alexander laughs loudly and I smack him with all my strength. "Ow, chill chill! I didn't think it was going to be that loud, chill!" I let out a harsh breath when I stop hitting him and calm myself down.

"Alright, just get your friends home then take us home. I need to do my homework."

"Nerd!" A guy hollers from behind me and I roll my eyes before leaning back on my seat.

"Shut it, Steve." Alexander mutters and I put on my seatbelt when he begins to drive off onto the road.

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿

Hey, hey! I hope you're enjoying this book so far! Sorry it took a while for me to upload. Busy with school. Bye!

❤︎Much Love with Hugs & Kisses❤︎

Kimmy Hers 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

763K 24.8K 28
"Maybe I'm supposed to let you go, like I tried to, but I can't, because I'll lose the one person I've ever truly loved." Alec frowned as he stared a...
927K 19.2K 29
Every girl has that guy in her life that she thinks she can't live without. Sometimes it's her best friend, sometimes it's the guy she stayed up unti...
59.4K 2.1K 71
Courtney Valentine, the happiest and laziest person on earth leaves Virginia to live in another state. She meets the smart and mature, Israel Rose, a...
103K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...