Back To You

By ShortandSweet01

#144 in Teen Fiction 4/8/16 Ten year old Natalia Johnson was the shy girl who usually kept to herself. The on... More

Old Town, New School
More Than A Memory
Lost My Appetite
Not the Only New Kid
New Neighbors
Little miss popular
So, You're A Whore?
Oh Fudge
Friendzoned
Playing Cupid
BAD Things Come To Those Who Wait
Time For Revenge
Keeping Secrets
Jealousy Isn't Always Ugly
You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me
So Close Yet So Far
Making Amends
Night of Surprises
Night of Surprises: Part Two
Memory Lane
Blast From The Past
Author's Note
Vacation For A Day
Left In The Dark
Lucky
Catch Your Breath
Much To Learn
Game plan
Return of the Beast
No Social Ladder
Frenemies
Unmasked
Finally
Home For The Holidays

Movie Night

7K 227 59
By ShortandSweet01

Read the Author's Note please!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the end of the week, Robyn's grades were fully updated and she proudly announced that she'd re-achieved her straight A's. We were all sat around the lunch table on Friday when she announced her big news. We congratulated her and she beamed.

"That's great Robyn. I knew you would get your grades back up." Calvin said genuinely, giving her a smile.

She returned it easily. "Thanks Cal. It feels good that I'm finally done with everything. Now I just need to keep my grades where they are."

"I wish we knew who did it." Trent said with a frown. "Now that Rebecca's off the table, I don't know who it could be."

No one said anything, but I knew we were all silently agreeing. I had talked to Rebecca about the pranks and she swore that she had nothing to do with any of them.

She did, however, take credit for the condoms in my locker. She said it was Brianna's idea because she was mad that Andrew shot her down. I believed that, because Brianna was never one to take no for an answer. When she didn't get what she wanted, it got ugly.

That left the unknown prankster for the notes in my mailbox, me getting locked in the janitor's closet, and Robyn's grades getting sabotaged.

My friends weren't very keen on trusting Rebecca's word, but we had a mutual understanding. We'd gotten over our little feud and, although we weren't exactly friends, we were done with the petty fighting so there was no reason for her to lie.

"I think we should just forget about the whole thing." Robyn said. "It's over now."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah. It's too much extra stress to worry about finding someone that might never be found."

"But what if they do something else?" Andrew asked shaking his head.

"It's been a week since anything has happened." I told him. "Let's just hope that whoever did this is done."

We were all silent until Zander spoke up.

"This convo is way too depressing. Let's talk celebration." He grinned and placed his hands on the table.

"Celebration for what?" Chrissy asked.

"Robyn getting her grades up!" He exclaimed. "I'm thinking a huge party at Robyn's place."

"Thanks Zan, but I don't really want to spend the night with a bunch of drunk people to celebrate my grades." Robyn responded. The nervous look that she had been wearing all week was finally gone and replaced by a carefree smile.

"What about another movie night?" Trent suggested. "Like when Nat was sick."

"Yes, let's do that! We can watch a bunch of Disney movies." Chrissy said excitedly.

"Absolutely not." John said sternly.

He had lightened up a bit since I first met him, and he didn't seem as hateful as before. I liked to believe that Zander's cheerful personality was making him less bitter. There were some things, like Disney movies apparently, that he still couldn't stand but he was getting better.

"Well, Robyn isn't going to want to watch car explosions and gun fights all night." Chrissy retorted.

"Why do you assume that I like action movies?" John raised an eyebrow. "I'm more into horror movies, with serial killers or dolls that come to life."

Chrissy looked at him in shock and distaste. "You would. You're completely disturbed."

"Okay kids, Uncle Chase has a solution." Chase stood up and we all looked at him.

"This should be interesting." Cole muttered and I repressed a smile.

"Why don't we all just bring our favorite movie and watch all of them?" Chase said with a shrug.

"That's a great idea, thanks Chase." Robyn said happily.

"That is a good idea." Trent said in disbelief.

"Hey, I'm smarter than you guys give me credit for." He flipped his hair and slapped his hand onto the table.

It would have been fine, had he seen the tray of food on the table, but sadly he didn't. His hand hit the tray, successfully sending the food to the ground.

Everyone at our table, myself included, started laughing at Chase as he stood with wide eyes and flushed cheeks.

"That was so smooth." Cole wiped a tear from his eye after he calmed his laughing.

"So, that's settled. Everyone will bring their favorite movie?" Andrew clarified.

"That's the plan." Robyn nodded.

"What time should we be there?" Calvin spoke up.

"How about six?" Robyn responded with a shrug.

We all agreed and the bell rang. As the day went on, I couldn't help but feel relaxed for the first time in months. Things had been going really well.

Rebecca wasn't out to get me anymore, Robyn had her well-earned perfect grades, and I had Andrew. I felt sort of at peace with the world.

I finished up in my classes and Cole and I walked out into the hallway. I had to decide what movie to take with me to Robyn's house tonight. It was going to take all night to actually get through all of our movies so I knew I'd be staying over. I would need to pack an overnight bag.

"What movie are you bringing?" I asked Cole. I had a bunch of DVDs at my house but I wasn't sure which one would be my favorite.

"I was thinking the Dark Knight." He said with a shrug. "What are you bringing?"

I thought for minute. "I don't know. Maybe Stepbrothers?" I was leaning towards more comedy since I knew that Chrissy, and Zander were going to bring romance movies and I didn't want everyone to get tired of the genre. Especially since the majority of us were guys.

I rode home with Andrew and he promised to come back at 5:30 so that I could ride with him to Robyn's house.

I sat on the floor in my room in front of my small shelf of DVDs. I ran my finger along the sides of the movies, skimming through the names. After some debate I finally decided on The Breakfast Club.

It was one of my favorite movies, and I thought it would be something for everyone. I grabbed the DVD and stuffed it into my over-night bag, along with extra clothes, my toothbrush, and my phone charger.

I went into my bathroom to have a quick shower before Andrew came to pick me up. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. A week ago there were bags under my eyes from lack of sleep and stress, but now my face was relaxed and refreshed. Moving on was the best thing that we could do now. I didn't want to live in fear of what was going to happen next.

I gently pulled the chain from around my neck and placed the ring on my palm. My fingers brushed over the delicate piece and a small smile tugged at my mouth. I laid the necklace on the counter and continued stripping out of my clothes to take a shower.

An hour later I was ready and sitting on my bed, waiting for Andrew. The clock read 5:26 so he would be here any minute. I walked over and looked out of my bedroom window. I glanced down the street and saw his car pulling out of his driveway.

I grabbed my stuff and headed down the stairs to meet him out front. He smiled brightly at me when I got in.

"Hey, Tally." He said.

"Hey." I grinned and set my bag next to my feet before buckling my seatbelt. "What movie did you bring?"

"Astroboy." He said casually.

"Isn't that the cartoon movie about a robot?" I turned to him.

"It's poetic and dramatic." He said defensively.

My smile widened and I poked his cheek.

"Awe, someone's quick to defend their little movie." I teased.

"It's a good movie."

"I'm sure it is."

"Okay Tally, what movie did you bring?" He asked me, changing the subject.

"The Breakfast Club." I answered.

He scoffed. "You would."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I demanded.

"It's just such a girl choice." He shrugged.

I laughed and hit his shoulder with as much force as my skill-less fist could muster.

"Hey, no hitting the driver!"

We pulled up to the curb in front of Robyn's house and the two of us got out.

I noticed two other cars there besides Robyn's and recognized them as Chrissy's and Trent's.

Instead of knocking, Andrew and I just let ourselves in and found everyone scattered around the living room. It looked like everyone was here so far except for Cole and Calvin. I remembered Cole telling me earlier that he had to drive his grandmother somewhere though, so that just left Calvin.

"Hey guys." I greeted them all as Andrew and I walked in. I set my over night bag next to the couch and plopped down onto the floor next to Chrissy and Zander.

Andrew sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. I leaned into him.

"Where's Cal?" I asked Robyn.

"He wasn't feeling well so he decided to stay home." She said sadly.

"Oh, he's sick?" My expression fell slightly as I thought about it.

I knew that Robyn really wanted him to be here, considering how upset he had been about getting left out of everything.

"Yeah, but it's okay. I promised we'd hang out for sure once he felt better." She told me.

I nodded. "Good."

There was a knock on the front door and Robyn quickly hopped up to go answer it before returning a moment later with Cole who had various grocery bags lining his arms.

"I was at the store, so I thought I'd bring some snacks." He shrugged and set them down in the middle of everyone.

We all cheered at the mention of food and Cole high fived some of the guys.

Chrissy and Zander immediately started raiding the bags. They pulled out a box of Cheez-its, rice Krispy treats, Doritos, and cookies.

"Wow, that's a lot of food, Cole." I commented as my friends continued to empty the bags.

"It is." Robyn agreed. "Thank you, but you didn't have to spend so much money for one night. I'll reimburse you." She looked kind of guilty that he'd bought so much food for her 'party'.

"Don't worry about it." Cole waved her comment away. "I told my grandma where I was going tonight and she insisted that she buy me some food to take with me. In her eyes, going to someone's house without something to offer is the worst thing you could do, so this is curtesy of grandma Rose."

"Awe, how sweet!" Zander gushed.

"It is sweet, tell her I said thank you." Robyn said to Cole.

He nodded and pulled something out of one of the bags.

"And this is my pick." He placed the movie on the coffee table.

Chrissy leaned over to get a look at the movie. "The Iron Giant?"

I pressed my lips together when Andrew started snickering. He picked up the movie and wiggled it in front of my face.

"What's this, Tally? Oh, could it be a- what's the phrase I'm looking for? A 'cartoon movie about a robot?'"

I stared at him with an unamused expression. "Are you done?"

He laughed nodded. "I guess, for you."

"What's going on?" Cole asked in confusion.

Andrew sent me one last smug look before answering. "Tally here made fun of me for bringing Astroboy."

Cole's eyes lit up. "I love that movie!"

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't make fun of you."

"You made me sound like a little kid." He crossed his arms and pouted. I burst out into laughter.

"You aren't exactly making it hard for me."

Robyn stood up with a giggle as she listened to out bickering and cut in. "Okay, let's get started with the first movie. We all know that Cole brought The Iron Giant, and Andrew brought Astroboy, so what did everyone else bring? Nat?"

I shrugged. "The Breakfast Club."

Chrissy and Zander sent me comments of approval and I relaxed a little bit.

"Trent?" Robyn asked.

"I brought Superbad." He smirked.

We went on like this finding out everyone else's choices. Chrissy brought Easy A, Zander brought Divergent, and Katelyn brought White House Down. Then John brought Oculus, and Chase brought the Sandlot.

It seemed everyone was extremely satisfied with the variety that we had. I was glad that my friends were all really different in personality.

We all settled into a nice pile on the floor with the blankets that Robyn had thrown around. We'd gotten through three of the movies before we'd begun to fall asleep. We'd watched White House Down, Astroboy, and The Sandlot by Robyn's choice. By then it was midnight and Cole, Trent, Andrew, and Chase were announcing that they needed to leave. The rest of us decided to try for one more movie so Robyn popped Easy A into the DVD player.

Sometime during the movie, we'd all fallen asleep. With my head on Zander's shoulder and Katelyn sprawled across my lap I sighed in content. My parents were supposed to be coming home in two days and I was thankful that they'd missed all of the drama. I felt like a huge weight was lifted off of me, and now I could just enjoy everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Wattpad readers!!

So, I've got some important things to say, so READ THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!

Okay, first off I would like to thank each and every one of you for staying with me this far. I know the first few chapters of this book aren't the written very well, so thank you so much for staying with me.

Back To You is coming to and end! There are only TWO chapters left!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still debating on whether or not I want to write an epilogue.

I would like to take this time to take requests of what you would like to read in the last chapters. Any loose ends or things you still don't understand.

I'm taking these requests, but I'm probably going to be answering any questions that you have in the next chapter anyway.

Alright, one last important announcement:

Following the final chapter of this book, I will be introducing a new wattpad novel! The prologue will be up soon and Chapter 1 will be up in October.

It you aren't interested in the new book, you don't have to continue reading, but please VOTE and COMMENT for this chapter!

Thank you :)

~ ~ ~

The new book is called Daisies. I'm giving a little warning right now because it is nothing like any of my current works. It isn't teen fiction or romance.

If you're still interested, here is the description:

~

Watching a lifeless body get carried out of your family's tool shed would be hard for anyone to watch, but it's  even more difficult when the body is your own.

For Amelia Morgan, life was as good as it could get. She loved the town she lived in, she had an unbreakable bond with her family, and she couldn't have been happier.

That is, until she woke up in her backyard to find out that someone had killed her.

With no evidence left at the scene, no leading suspects, and no memory of the crime, Amelia struggles to gather evidence from beyond the grave to help her family find the person who took her life.

~

Well there it is. I understand that this might not be the book for you, and that's completely fine! Let me know your opinions.

So, that's it for this author's note. The next chapter is already almost complete so you won't be waiting long. Thank you for reading!

Until Next Time....

~Lori~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389 48 58
[A STAND-ALONE NOVEL] Welcome to Natalia's high school manual! Yup, she's just your average normie student. And nope, this is definitely not...
13.9K 1.6K 103
WARNING: My story contains mature and sensitive content. Please read at your own risk. *** Previously "Saving The Girl Who Thought She Was Broken" **...
981K 24.2K 55
❝ I should've listened to my heart. No matter how hard I've tried to push you away, everything leads back to you. My thoughts, the way my heart flutt...
3.8K 173 25
Your life is a lie. It's scary to imagine and Kelly, just like any other student and teenager, faces her own set of small adolescent problems. So lif...