Nothing's Ever Easy [BoyxBoy]

بواسطة SuckedInByBooks

[COMPLETED] Travis Dawn's life has never been easy. Living in the shadow of your best friend is tough, but he... المزيد

Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 1
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 2
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 3
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 5
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 6
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 7
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 8
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 9
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 10
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 11
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 12
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 13
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 14
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 16
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 18
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 19
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 20
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 21
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 22
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 23
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 24
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 25
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 26
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 27
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 28
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 29
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 30 [Final]

Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 4

4.4K 155 58
بواسطة SuckedInByBooks

I know i took a hell of a long time with this chapter but i kind of got addicted to subway surf. :P

The pic though is of Evelyn Dawn :)

The video link is 'Magnetic Eyes' by Matrix and Futurebound 

ENJOOOOOOOOOOOY!!

Comment, like, vote, promote, etc

 ~Travis~

"Hey Travis! Your boyfriend's looking for you." A girl shouted from somewhere in the class.

 I looked up and saw Adrian standing at the door, leaning against the frame. He smiled and motioned for me to come over. I nodded at him and packed up my things. I turned to look at the girl. "He's not my boyfriend."

  "Whatever nerd. Run along before I get Wyatt and give you a reason to never return." She checked her nails.

  "You don't scare me." A few guys behind her stood up and stalked closer towards me.

  "You better watch it, nerd-face. Your bodyguards aren't always going to be around to protect to." I opened my mouth to reply but was interrupted by Adrian coming up behind me.

  "Beat it. You're done here." He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the class.

  "Let go of me." I said pulling my arm out of Adrian's grip. "What's wrong with you?"

  "What's wrong with me?" He screeched in disbelief. "You were the one who went in search of a fight with Wyatt's minions. Have you lost your goddamn mind?"

 "I wasn't looking for trouble." I said sternly.

 "Yea, it just came walking right up to you." Adrian rolled his eyes.

  "What's it to you if I get beaten up? You're not responsible for me."

  "You’re my best friend, Travis. I promised you that I wouldn’t let those assholes win." He put a hand on my shoulder.

  "You're not my boyfriend, Adrian. I don't need you to be there waiting for me whenever something bad happens." I shook my head. "If I get caught in the crossfire, I don't expect you to come to my rescue."

  "What happened to walking away?"

  "You mean like this?" I took his hand off my shoulder and walked off down the hall.

  I knew that I was being immature but why did I have to admit it? I didn't want to be the damsel in distress. I just wanted some time to myself without being bullied, or praised for my smartness or even hit on by jackasses like Landon Baxter.

 I found myself sitting in a quiet corner of the library a few hours later. I had a book in my hand but I wasn't really taking anything in. All the words seemed to be flying past me. I could barely concentrate on anything.

 I heard the south of footsteps approaching and I scooted further up the aisle. I was flush against a book and I tried to remain quiet while the person passed by. Another reason why I was trying to stay hidden from everyone else was also because I was skipping my third class in a row.

 I knew that I should have gone back but what was the point? They could give me detente tomorrow. Right now, I didn't want to be around anyone.

 I heard my phone beep and I swore under my breath at my stupidity. How could I have forgotten to put my phone on silent?

  Wanna go for a swim?

-L

I stared at the phone in disbelief. Was this guy serious?

  We're still at school.

-T

 With a deep breath, I typed out my reply.

  Okay, fine. Where should I meet you?

-T

 Meet me at the back of the school. The last exit door is unlocked. I'll be waiting.

-L

 I put the book in my bag and stood up. After making sure that my clothes were decent, I quietly walked out of the library. I was lucky that the librarian was taking stock of the inventory. The vice principle would have had my ass if I had been caught. 

  Landon already had the car started by the time I got outside. He motioned for me to hurry up and I ran across the quad to get to him. The camera on this side of the school stopped working about two months ago but they never bothered to have it fixed.

Landon pulled out of the lot as soon as I was buckled in. I thought we were bound to get into trouble.

  I was shocked when the gates opened. I stared at Landon and he winked at me as he drove out. As the window was open, I could hear the sound of the iron wheels screeching against the tar.

  "That was quite sneaky of you." I praised Landon after a second.

 "Sneaky is my middle name." He replied as he turned up the music.

 I laughed and turned my head to face the passenger side window. I watched as the road swept by. Landon seemed to have a thing for driving fast.

 I didn't take us too long to get to Landon's house. My mouth dropped open as I took in the sight of the place. I knew that Landon's dad owned almost most of the town and that Landon was next in line to takeover, but I never imagined it to look this amazing.

There was a neatly trimmed lawn around the whole front which made a border around the driveway. It was a two story house that included an attic. I smiled as I saw three dogs run up to Landon and me. I was a bit taken aback when one of them jumped on me.

  "Down boy!" Landon yelled.

 His words fell on deaf ears as the dog continued to lock at me. He was rather big, a German Shepard if I wasn't mistaken.

  "I think he likes you." Landon chuckled as he pulled the dog off of me. "His name is Dobey."

  "You think?" I laughed and got up. "Hey buddy." I patted Dobey on his head and ran his fingers through his fur. I ignored the weird name and decided to leave it for another day.

  "You have a really nice place." I said taking in the view. The house was on a small hill so I could see a bit of the town, like the mall and the roof of our school.

  "Are you kidding me? This is only the front lawn."

  "It's still pretty amazing."

  "Okay, thanks. Come on, we can go out to the pool. You want anything? I'm sure Freddy could get you whatever you want” he walked ahead of me into the house. My jaw just about fell to the ground when I saw the interior.

  "Freddy?" I asked.

  "Yea, our butler." Just then, a middle aged looking man stepped out looking man stepped out into the foyer.

  "Landon, your father said he had to take care of some business in the office." He handed him an envelope. "He told me to inform you that he won't be back till weekend."

  "The weekend?" I accidentally said out loud. 

  "He probably went to France or somewhere." Landon waved it off. "We'll be out by the pool. We'll buzz you if we need anything." I tapped on Landon's shoulder. "Hmm?"

 "I don't have swim trunks with me." I bit onto my bottom lip.

  "I texted Freddy before we left the school. He already set out a pair for you in the changing room." I gawked at him and forgot to wade when I noticed that Freddy and I were now alone in the foyer.

 "Excuse me for my manners, I'm Fredward, you may call me 'Freddy' as Landon would insist." He held out his hand for me to shake which I shook politely. "You must be Travis. Landon won't shut up about you."

 I blushed and smiled a bit. I saw Freddy smirk before he walked out back in the direction from which he came.

  I was left alone while Landon was upstairs changing. I couldn't help but notice that there were pillars I the house. Like those pillars in Rome. That was probably used in the idea for the design. There were two sides to the foyer that both lead to different sections of the house. The one on the right was to the dining room and the other side lead to the living room. I assumed that the kitchen was though the door that Freddy disappeared through.

  I heard the sound of footsteps approaching and looked up to see Landon coming down from the marble staircase. He was shirtless, expect for the towel covering part of his chest. He was a lady wearing his board shorts and flip flops. I unconsciously licked my lips at the sight.

  "You better go get changed." Landon's voice brought me out of my thoughts. "A much as I like up admitting me, I feel kind of naked."

  I nodded and let him lead the way to the pool. I was expecting the normal backyard sized pool, not the Olympic pool that was right in front of me.

  "Wow." That was the only word that I could get out.

  I walked into a room that Landon told me was the changing room. I gasped at all the swimwear in front of me. There were various kinds of swimsuits; board shorts and speedos mostly. There was no way in hell that I was going to go out there wearing a speedo. I might as well have gone out naked then.

  I stepped outside and heard Landon let out a few catcalls. I looked down at the ground and rubbed my feet together.  Close to wear the blue shorts as it was my favorite color- this week. I really wanted to wear my t-shirt as I didn't want my scars to be seen, but since we were only two people I could easily hide it. All I had to refrain from doing was turn my back. Thank goodness this was an indoor pool.

  Landon jumped in the pool first and I took the opportunity while he was under water to jump in. I duck my head and let my hair get wet. I pushed it back with my fingers and wiped the water out of my face. 

  "Thanks for the trunks, although I think you got a few too many." I joked.

  "I wasn't sure what you liked." He replied honestly.

  "Speedos?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

  "The view would have been nice." Both of us started laughing.

 We swam for a while longer, stopping here and then to fetch a few things. Landon put on some music and threw a blow up bed in the pool.

 I got on and didn't take note of it floating to the deep end. I wasn't a very good swimmer, but if I stayed on the bed, I wouldn't have any problems.

 I closed my eyes and drummed my fingers against my thigh in tune to the music. I let out s whelp when I felt the bed tip over. I tried to get my balance so that I could swim back up but it wouldn't work. The worker and my weight included stopped the bed from staying afloat. I heard Landon yell my name in the distance.

 I took the little breaths that I could whenever my head went about the water. Landon helped me swim to the shallow end. I coughed and took deep breaths.

 "I'm so sorry." He handed me a towel as I slid up to sit on the edge of the pool. "I wiped my face and threw the towel on the chaise behind me.

  "Are you sure you're okay?" I nodded.

  "Don't worry about it." I jumped back in the pool but was struck with a dizzy spell.

  "Whoa! I told you." He helped me back up but I refused to sit on the edge opting to stand instead.

 Landon's hands were still firmly placed on my hips. My skin burned under his touch. I wanted to move away, but at the same time I wanted more. I wanted to feel his hands everywhere.

 I looked up at his face and found his eyes staring directly into mine. My eyes travelled down to his lips and I bit my bottom lip to keep from licking them- my own lips I mean. The music played in the background but. Hardly noticed it as Landon as the only thing I could focus on. He stepped closer and I felt his chest against mine. The water droplets on his chest mixed with mine. He slid his hand down around my waist and rested it on the small of my back.

  "Travis." He whispered.

 He leaned forward and placed his lips on mine. I let out an involuntary moan. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me closer. I felt his tongue sweep across my lips, begging for entrance. I parted my lips a bit and let our tongues twirl together. My head buzzed from all the passion that was placed in this kiss. I wanted more, more of this lust, more of Landon.

 Landon pulled away and I let out a mumble of protest. I opened my eyes and saw Landon smiling down at me. "I'm sorry, I know I said I wouldn't do anything but I couldn't resist."

  My brain kicked back into gear and I finally realized what just happened. "How could you?"

  "What?" He sounded shocked.

 "How could you trick me into doing that? I- I didn't, you weren't supposed to do that." I felt the tears starts to pool in my eyes. "That was my first kiss."

  "Travis, I didn't know.” He reached out to me, but I stepped back.

  “Of course you didn’t know. Have you bothered finding out the little things about me? You say you like me and you care about me but have you ever thought about what I might think?" I wiped my tears away. "You can't take something like that away from me."

  "I'm sorry." He said softly.

 I got out of the pool and I ignored his gasp of surprise upon seeing the faded scars on my back. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body.

  "Take me home please." I walked back to the changing room and took a quick shower before getting dressed.

  I waited in the foyer till Landon was done. I folded my arms across my chest in annoyance. I couldn't believe that Landon would go that far. He didn't even ask me.

 When Landon finally showed up, I refused to talk to him and followed him back to the car. I got in and sunk into the seat as he began the drive to my house.

 ***

~Landon~

The sound of my fist hitting the punching bag echoed throughout the room. The room itself wasn't too big, just enough for a boxing ring and a few punching bags. This wasn't the official gym, my dad had this built when I started punching the walls in my room. He said that I needed a place to vent, a place to call my own.

 The force behind my punches got stronger and I was starting to feel the strain in my hands. I ignored the pain and hit the bag harder. I heard the faint sound of the door opening and closing. My mom never came in here because she said that it was too dark and she couldn't understand why I used violence to calm myself down. My dad paid for it and never bothered to step inside. He said this room was of no interest to him. That left Claire, she'd come in here to keep me company, but mostly to make sure that I wouldn't kill myself.

 I slowed my punching and caught the bag to bring it to stop. I turned sound and wiped my face and neck with the hand towel before gulping down some water. Claire did nothing but stare at me. I unwrapped the bandages from my hands and put them next to the towel. I would put it in the laundry when I left.

  "Don't you think that you're being too hard on yourself?" She walked up to me and massaged my hands. "You'll end up breaking something."

  "I needed to do something to take the edge off. This was all I could think of." I glanced back to the bag.

  "Will you tell me?" She seemed to be treading carefully where this topic was concerned.

 I sat on the sofa and motioned for her to join me. “It’s, I don’t know, complicated.”

“I’m a girl. Your complicated would probably be my difficulty on what to wear to school two days from now.” she rolled her eyes.

“I kissed Travis.” It was a start. Where else was I going to begin?

“What? Congratulations on getting in, dude.” She slapped me on the back.

“Yea, not so much. He bailed.”

“Why? What did you do? You didn’t try going to third base with him, did you?” she narrowed her eyes. “Please tell me you didn’t.”

“No, of course not.” I cracked my knuckles. “Apparently, well according to him, I stole his first kiss.”

“Landon, you should know better than to force someone.”

“But I didn’t. he was a completely willing participant. He kissed me as much as I kissed him. believe me, he wanted it.” I smirked at the memory.

“What happened to wooing him?

“I tried, but do you know what he looked like in those shorts, water dripping down his chest” I but my lip.

“Snap out of it!” she said waving her hand in front of my face. “You have to fix this Landon. Why would you ruin this. I swear, you better start thinking with your brain instead of your dick otherwise you’re going to grow up alone with no one in your life. Well no one who actually wants to be with you, they’ll stay for the money.”

“Pipe down woman.” I stood up to leave. “I’ll fix it.”

I walked out the door and pulled out my phone. “Hey Nash, I’m thinking of something, can you guess what it is?”

“I’m too broke to bail you out of whatever it is, bro.” I laughed.

“Actually, I don’t need your money, I got enough of that.” I heard him snort. “All I want from you is your ID.”

“My ID? What the hell for?” I heard some shuffling around.

“I need booze, and lots of it. I’ll bring the money around tonight.” He agreed and I shut the phone off.

I paced up down in my room. I needed to get Travis somewhere that he couldn’t run away. He refused to talk to me at school, so it was time for me to up my game. If I had a party at my house, that would put him on my turf. He could hardly run away. All I had to do was make sure that he came.

By the next day everybody knew about the huge party that Landon Baxter was throwing. I rolled my eyes at the people whispering about what they were going to wear and who they thought was going to be there.

Many people had run up to me already asking how much booze was going to be there and congratulating me on the biggest party of the year before it even happened.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Travis, Adrian and that little girlfriend of Adrian’s standing by Travis’ locker.

“But baby, everybody’s going to be there!” She whined.

“So? What do I care?” Adrian shrugged. Travis seemed to be making it his job to try and avoid the topic.

“I’m going, if you love me you’d go with me.” she trailed her finger up and down his arm. “What will people say if we don’t go together? They would all think that we broke up.”

“How would they think that?” Adrian scrunched up his face. “Fine, I’ll go but Travis should come with.”

“What?” I heard Travis ask. I moved a little bit when someone bumped into me. I was aching to hear Travis’ answer.

“Come to the party with us tomorrow night.”

Travis’ eyes widened in surprise. “Landon’s party? N-no, I’d rather not.”

“I know you hate the guy but if I’m not getting out of this, neither are you.” Travis scowled at him and I could have sworn I heard him growl.

“I-I don’t hate him.” Travis said softly.

“Great, then it’s settled.” Adrian turned to his girlfriend and she squealed and kissed him. Travis averted his gaze and gasped when he saw me standing across the hall.

I quickly moved out of the way and walked in the opposite direction. I was walking so fast that I bumped into someone. “I’m sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going.”

I looked down to see Travis’ sister in front of me. “No Evelyn, it’s my fault. I was in a hurry.”

“I forgot to thank you for the other night Landon. It was really kind of you.” I smiled. “I think that he likes you- a little bit at least.

“I’m not too sure about that.” my voice got serious. “I did something, even if I don’t understand completely, I broke a promise and now it’s over.”

“I know.” I was surprised that she knew and wasn’t busy tearing me a new one. “Don’t give up, please.”

“I wasn’t planning to. Listen, come to my party tomorrow night. I’m going to need someone on my side.”

She nodded. “Sure, I’ll be there.”

I watched as she walked off and took a deep breath. Travis was going to be there at the party and now I had to figure out how I was going to win him over again. it was hard the first time, I bet this time it would be ten times harder.

***

 A/N: Soooooooo? What did you guys think? 

Funny story: I wasn't going to include that kiss but my friend bribed me. She said she'd help me with Arabic if i made Landon and Travis kiss. Turned out rather well, even if i say so myself.

P.S I will be taking even longer to upload the other chapters because of upcoming exams and cramming that needs to be done. Sorry about that.

I want some cookies now, anyone want some?

Thank you for reading :D

Much Love...Carrie♥♥

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

21.4K 826 10
Liam has a bad habit of closing off his emotions. His tendency to numb has led him to quite the lonesome life, but it's not so bad. Until he meets Sp...
270K 11.4K 49
" But the dare is so easy, all you gotta do is pass the chocolate." " Through a kiss! " College life is already hard but Cale's friends had decided t...
6.6K 177 18
"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, confused. Did I have something on my face or what? Weirdo. "You..." He trailed off, without finishing...
638 90 22
[boyxboy] 18 year old Preston is just trying to make it through high school and get to college; and coincidentally, out of his small hometown in ru...