Keeper of the Devil Fruits (...

By chrisymd

There's a legend circulating around the world and no one believes it could be true. A legend about someone wi... More

Kiri D. Kazuto Information
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Rewrite

Chapter 42

3.3K 106 7
By chrisymd

Kaz (Back in the present)

An incoming presence woke me from my slumber. It seems that sometime during my remising about the past I fell asleep. I easily distinguish who the presence belongs to and a yawn forces its way past my lips. I cover my mouth and the yawn seems to go on forever. About half way through my yawn Robin walks into the clearing and she walks up to me and the Poneglyph. My yawn finally stops and I stretch before standing up.

"Hello Kaz it's wonderful to see you again and I have a few questions for you." Robin says as she scans over the Poneglyph and writes down the important details. She quickly finishes and places the notebook back in its original position before turning to me.

"It's good to see you as well Robin and I anticipated that you'd have questions for me. You can just read over this but I want it back by tonight at the absolute latest." I say as I hand her the old worn out journal. "This journal contains everything my family has learnt about the Keeper of the Devil Fruit curse and then some. It isn't one hundred percent accurate since I still haven't inputted the stuff I've learnt about it but it should answer all your questions for now." I say and Robin starts reading through it as we walked through the forest. We were headed back towards Otohime's grave when I heard the sounds of people fighting. By the presences I sense it appears that Luffy and Jimbei are clashing. We exit the forest and I spot those two with their fists raised.

"We should probably stop them and here's your journal back I'm done with it." Robin says holding the journal out towards me.

"That was quick and do ya mind holding onto it as I stop these two idiots?" I ask Robin and she shakes her head no meaning she doesn't mind. I give her a smile of gratitude before getting in between the two idiots who were rushing right at each other with fist raised. "Stop this stupid shit this instance dipshits." I say sending glares at each on in turn.

"Get out of the way Kaz." Luffy and Jimbei say at the same time but instead of doing that I just sigh.

"I told you two to quit it." I yell and those two get flung away by a huge gust of wind. "If you two don't quit it I'm gonna get mad and we'll do it the hard way then." I say with an evil look in my eyes as I crack my knuckles. Jimbei and Luffy instantly diminish all thoughts about fighting each other. I settle down in between them just to be safe and look over at Chopper, Franky, Nami, and Sanji. "Someone care to explain what's going on here?" I ask then and Nami speaks up.

"A guy named Hordy took over the castle and he has some hostages. He caught the King, the Princes, Brook, Usopp, and Zoro. Luffy wants to just charge in guns a blazin' while Jimbei wants to plan out the attack." Nami explains and I nod in understanding.

"Okay you two start talking it out and I'll be going for a little walk. Figure this out and if you start physically fighting again I'm feeding you to my good buddies called Sea Kings." I say glaring at them and I stand up lightly dusting off my pants. I walk away and once I was out of sight I jumped to the nearest water path. I create a water board and surf my way towards the castle. I've been getting info about Hordy for a while but I left it alone since I didn't think he'd try anything. Anyway I know that he'll be setting a trap with the King and Princes as bait somewhere outside of the castle. He has no use for Brook, Usopp, or Zoro though so he'd leave them in the castle somewhere.

I let out a curse when I see that the passage way to the castle has been shut down. I jump off the water board and exit the Fishman Island air bubble. I easily swim up to the castle air bubble and slip in it after I poke around with my senses to determine if there's anyone there. Since I only sense Brook, Pappagg, Usopp, and Zoro's presence I can conclude that it's just them here. I sense Brook's Body, Usopp, and Zoro gathered in one area. Brook's soul appears to be chasing Pappagg through the halls. Looks like Brook finally learnt the true purpose of the Revive-Revive Fruit. I make my way through the halls and I stumble upon the other's weapons. I place everything in Usopp's bag and somehow along with all the crap he already has in there it all fits. I throw Usopp's bag on and continue on my way of busting those three out. I turn a corner and Pappagg runs into my legs. I look down at him before looking at Brook.

"Geez Brook, stop scaring him half to death." I say and I spot a smile grow on Brook's face.

"Kaz! I didn't think we'd see you this soon again and you have remarkable timing. By the way can I see your panties?" Brook asks and I punch him multiple times. Even though he's just his soul multiple bumps form on his head.

"What did I tell you before about that?" I ask Brook as I glare at him.

"Sorry; I couldn't help it even though I know your panties are reserved for a certain green haired swordsman." Brook says winking at me and I kick him.

"Not you too;" I say shaking my head at him. "Anyway didn't you want to get out of that cage you're stuck in?" I ask him and he nods.

"Yes I forgot about that in the spur of the moment. Follow me;" Brook says and I follow behind him. "I was trying to get Pappagg to bring one of Zoro's swords to us but he seemed to freak out when he saw me. Anyway that doesn't matter now that you're here since you can break us out. Oh we're here." Brook says stopping in front of a set of doors that appeared to be at least a foot thick and composed of all sorts of materials.

"So you're stuck behind here in a cage?" I ask Brook and I give the door a judgement push to see if it's unlocked but no such luck there.

"Yes we're stuck in the room behind this door and I brought you to the second story entrance so when you enter the cage will be below you." Brook says as I now lightly tap the door to determine the force needed to bust down the door. I crack my knuckles and smash a punch into the door which sends it flying back a few feet. The door stops moving backwards and finally smashes flat on the ground. We walk into the room and Brook re-enters his body.

"I couldn't find a sword so I brought some help that I ran into along the way." Brook says and I move to the edge of the floor to look down at the cage. Zoro has his back to me with Brook and Usopp on either side of him. Each of them are tied up and I see a smile on Brook's face.

"What kinda help did you bring and who the hell can knock down a huge door like that? I swear I heard it scrapping across the floor as well." I hear Usopp yell and I let out a chuckle. I see Zoro tilt his head and he looks side to side before shaking his head. I look over the cage and let out a sigh as I shake my head. They used an older cage that had bad welds connecting the bars to the bottom of the cage. If I was able to apply the correct amount of pressure to the cage bottom it'd easily snap off. I can get the correct pressure by just jumping off this floor and grabbing the bottom as I fall down. I let out an Hm as I think about what to do about the ropes wrapping around those three. I can easily cut those with a couple of my small daggers.

"Okay I think I'm going crazy guys but I keep hearing Kaz." Zoro says and I let out a little chuckle. Of all the things he could say.

"Ah that's..." Before Brook can finish I throw the daggers and cut the ropes as I jump off the edge of the floor. I plummet towards the cage and the waters below. I catch the edge of the cage's bottom and hold on tight as gravity keeps pulling me downward. The welds start cracking and soon enough the whole bottom is falling towards the water below. I hear Usopp and Brook scream while Zoro just lets out a sigh. We plunge into the water below and I grab Brook. I throw his arm over my shoulders and swim towards the surface. A couple seconds before we surface I hear Usopp and Zoro talking thanks to my curse.

"What the hell was that? Is the person who's here to save us trying to kill us? Answer me Brook." Usopp yells and I hear both of them let out gasps.

"Brook;" They scream together and I quietly surface.

"Geez I've got him idiots." I say as I swim towards the wall. I feel around the wall and find a hand hold. I start scaling the wall with Brook now located on my back. I easily scale it even though I had to jump along the wall a couple times to get hand holds. I quickly reach the top and place Brook on the ground while I summon a rope ladder. I tie the ladder to a stone column nearby and throw the rest over the edge for Usopp and Zoro to climb up. I sit down and take off Usopp's bag before pulling out Zoro's swords and Brook's sword. I hand Brook his sword and give him a little help by wind drying him.

"Thanks Kaz." Brook says as he stands up now that he's got his strength back.

"No problem;" I say and I spot Usopp climb off the ladder.

"Are you trying to kill us?" Usopp yells when he sees me and I click my tongue at him.

"You're welcome for saving your sorry ass even though I could easily have left your asses there." I say throwing his bag at him and I spot Zoro climb off the ladder as well. His eyes widen when he spots me and before I can move he tackles me.

"Zoro...you're....strangling....me." I manage to get out and Zoro lets me go.

"Sorry but what the hell do you expect to get when you just vanish one day and only leave behind a note that says see ya. What the hell were you even thinking Kaz?" Zoro yells at me and I cover my ears since he's yelling into them.

"Geez don't yell so loud." I say and Usopp speaks up.

"So Kaz... you know you're not wearing your toque and Zoro when did you learn Kaz was a girl?" Usopp asks and I nod.

"Yeah I know;" I say shrugging.

"I've known Kaz was a girl for just under two years now." Zoro says shrugging.

"BROOK, USOPP, ZORO WHERE ARE YOU?" I hear Chopper yell and I hand Zoro his swords.

"We should probably get going since a fight's about to go down and we've got sucked right in the middle. I lead the others through the halls and as we get closer to the others I hear Robin speak up.

"Maybe they've already drowned;" Robin says and I sigh.

"You really do think about the worst possibilities don't you?" I ask her shaking my head as I walk around the corner and everyone turns to look at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 219 15
m/n always seems to appear at the most random times, sometimes during trouble, sometimes when he wants to find zoro. he's a feared captain who likes...
41K 1.5K 30
The renowned bounty hunter Driscolgrov Juniper lived a life of luxury. The luxury of picking her prey; the luxury of going home with a fat stack of c...
33K 1.1K 38
(Y/N) lives a typical live. Normal apartment, normal job, normal...everything. Well it would have been normal had she not been dealt an unfavorable h...
22.7K 668 30
This story is about a Young girl named y/n who lost their parents in a terrible ship wreck, At least that's what she was told. Soon after she reali...