Complications With My Brother...

By KearaBoo

(Book #2 out of the Best Friend Series) _________________________________ You all remember Nikki and Colten... More

Family Tree
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40/Epilogue
News!!!!
Sequel Is Up!!

Chapter 36

42.7K 1K 121
By KearaBoo

Play through chapter it's called I Found by Amber Run

All I hear is beeping, beeping from what? I'm not sure exactly.

I hear his throaty groan and his arm tighten on my waist, his face snuggling into my neck.

"I have to start getting ready, my plane leaves in two hours," he whispers, his voice raspy and...sad.

I open my eyes and turn on my side to look at him. His pupils are big and take up most of his eye color, he looks adorable with a sleepy expression and tousled hair.

"I don't want you to go," my voice cracks. I knew the day was coming, each passing second I cherished with him and it all led to this.

I wish we would've worked things out two weeks ago. I wish a lot of things worked out differently, and unfortunately I can't go back and change any of it.

Laying here right now, at five o'clock in the morning, running my fingers through his soft hair, I realize how stupid it was of me to ignore the inevitable.

I knew that sooner or later Colten and I were going to be back together, that we were going to reconnect again and cross paths, but I was stupid and held on to the anger of his departure.

"I don't want to leave, either. I have to, though. You don't know how bad I would love to lay here for the rest of my life and stare at you, watch you sleep, and love you. But life moves on as should we," he whispers and brings me closer to him.

I shut my eyes to keep the tears in. He runs his nose along my jawline and down my neck, leaving little pecks ever so often.

When will I feel his lips again? When will I have the chance to be in his arms again?

Sure, he's going to be back next month for Christmas, but what if something happens? Like his plan ride gets cancelled due to a snow storm?

"We'll make this work, I know we will. Now come take a shower with me," he insists and slides off the bed, grabbing my hands and pulling me up.

The water is warm as it cascades over my body. Colten grabs a washcloth and starts rubbing it in my body, the soup washing away the dirt from yesterday.

"You'll be okay, won't you?" I ask, turning around to face him. I place my palms against his chest and look up into his hazel eyes.

"Of course I will. As long as we stay together, I will. Will you?"

Will I?

"I think so," I sigh and lay my cheek against his heart. It pounds at a steady pace, warming my heart.

Colten wraps his arms around my waist and presses my body more to his, the water running over us.

We're going to try to make it work, I have my doubts, but I'm trying to stay positive. I mean look at Brittni and Jackson, he's been at college for two years now and their still going strong. Maybe that luck will be placed in the hands of Colten and me.

Once we get out of the shower I pull my clothes on from yesterday, not really wanting to be in jeans at this hour, but nonetheless do it.

I look down at the shirt I wore to bed and have the sudden urge to keep it. I pick it up off the ground and bring it up to my face, smells just like him.

"Keep it," his voice sounds through my day dream.

"What?" I ask incredulously.

"Keep the shirt, I want you to have something so when you think of me, I'll somewhat he there." He sucks in a sharp breath and looks away.

I smile faintly and hug the shirt to my chest. Sitting down on the blue duvet that Colten's had forever, I watch as he packs up the little clothing he brought.

As he does that I use my time to look around his room. There's still football trophies, some certificates and to my surprise, a frame with a picture in it. I get up and slowly walk to his dresser looking at the frame.

The picture was taken two years ago, we were on the football field with my cheer uniform on and Colten's wearing his football gear. I stand on my tiptoes as I press my lips to his, his arms wrapped around my waist.

I hadn't even noticed I was crying until I feel a cold, wet tear fall on my neck.

I quickly wipe away the tears and turn to Colten who is also looking at the picture.

"You finish packing?" I ask, and he nods with a sigh.

"Let's go say goodbye to my mom." I agree and Colten grabs his luggage and we walk down to the kitchen where the lights are on.

"What time does your flight leave?" Karen asks when we get down there.

"Seven-ten," he answers and she wraps her arms around him.

I smile at their affection and wait for them to finish their goodbyes.

Since Colten rode with Jackson to come to Michigan I have to drive him to the airport.

Getting into my car we start our journey to the airplane station, toot toot! Just trying to lighten my mood, it's doesn't work.

"I just want you to know, Nikki, that I will never give up on us. If we somehow find a breaking point in our relationship, I won't ever fully let you go, I love you," he says and kisses the back of my hand.

I keep my focus on driving, trying not to cry.

"I know, Colten, I love you, too."

The rest of the hour long trip is silent, the sun slowly starts to rise at around six-thirty, not by much though.

I pull up into the drop off lane to the airport and stop the car, hastily I crawl over to the passenger seat and straddle Colten's lap.

"Nikki wh-"

"Shh," I press my finger to his lips before attaching my mouth to his.

The kiss is haste and rough, full of want and need. I grip his hair between my fingers tightly while his grip on my waist is painful, but I don't dare stop.

I pull at his bottom lip with my teeth earning a groan from him along with a slap on my bottom.

"Fuck..." He hisses with a husky, lust filled voice. My tongue invades his mouth, massaging his own and rub my core against his crotch. "Don't."

I don't listen, I won't see him for another month and I hadn't realized how long that was until now.

Trailing my lips from his mouth, they leave sloppy kisses against his neck, sucking harshly at the sensitive skin, moving my hips once more.

I earn another sensational slap on the butt from Colten. "I said don't, I will have to take you in this car if you do it again."

"Then take me," I practically beg.

"I can't," his voice gives out.

Tears fill my eyes at the thought of him leaving again.

"Don't cry, it's only for a month and then I'll be back for Christmas," he soothes me, rubbing his hand up and down my back.

"Then how long after that?" I snap.

"What?" He asks confused.

"You leave for a month this time around and then how long when you leave again?" My bottom lip starts to tremble, I bite down on it to conceal the tears threatening to spill.

"It's doesn't matter, you'll always be mine and I'll always be yours." I bring my face to his chest and sob into it while he whispers soothing things into my ear.

Ten minutes go by with me crying and him comforting me.

I look up and wipe the tears from my eyes

"Sorry," I apologize.

"Don't be," he moves a piece of hair out of my face. "I hate to say this, but I have to go."

"Alright," I sigh and peck his lips again before moving to the drivers seat. "Love you."

"Love you, too," he softly smiles and I watch as he disappears behind the glass doors, and more tears come.

The car ride back is filled with sobs and sad songs. I didn't know how to control it, it kind of just all came out.

Sluggishly walking into my house I place my keys on the table.

I unbutton my jacket and place it on the hanger, heading upstairs and changing into a pair of fluffy pajama pants with Colten's shirt.

It's only eight o'clock so I decide to get some sleep before I have to wake up and say goodbye to Jackson who is driving back to Seattle, he says that it's not as bad as it seems.

•••

"See you at Christmas," Jackson kisses my cheek and kisses Brittni on the lips, hard. Yuck.

"You be good." I hear him whisper to her. They're so gross.

"Bye!" We both wave to him as he drives out of the driveway.

"What do you want to do for the rest of the day?" Brittni asks as we walk back into the warm house.

"I'm not sure, probably just watch movies and eat snacks," I shrug and take a seat on the couch, draping a fuzzy blanket over me.

"I'll go get every type of junk food you have stored in this house and other snacks while you start Mean Girls," Brittni exclaims and leaves the room.

I'm all alone again. My parents had left last night supposedly and didn't bother to say goodbye, as usual. I can't say I really care, but I thought they were trying to be better.

Five  later Brittni comes out with her arms full of snacks, dropping them on the coffee table and curling on to the couch in my brothers sweatshirt and sweat pants. Gross.

"We'll get through this, Nikki. Everything will be fine," she assures me.

Everybody keeps saying that, but what if it's not going to be all right? I won't be negative about it, but I'm also not going to get my hopes up.

I don't want to be heartbroken again.
____________________
Four more chapters guys!!! Keep voting for my story for Watty's it would mean the world to me!!

Don't be a silent reader!!

Enjoy. Love you <3

Like and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 169 38
Years after her parent's died in a mysterious house fire, Cassandra Ricci just isn't the same. Constantly throwing her heart out there and once it fi...
10.1K 345 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
134K 3.2K 45
I wrote this book in 2016 when I was 14... I'm now for some reason having a blast from the past and re-reading this at 20 yrs old and y'all... PLEASE...
202K 5.6K 51
She's sick. He's heartbroken. They put a ring on it. The line between deals and promises is beginning to blur. * What starts out as a deal between...