Pure Hope (Pure Bliss Series:...

By mebby88

*All we have is hope.* In a town full of psycho stalkers, vampires, werewolves, hunters, & a killer on the lo... More

Preface
Chapter 1 ~ Eavesdropping
Chapter 2 ~ Dinner With A Side Of Drama
Chapter 3 ~ Later That Night
Chapter 4 ~ Sleeping In Science Class
Chapter 5 ~ Party Until You Crash
Chapter 6 ~ Dean Addison
Chapter 7 ~ The Coffee Shop
Chapter 8 ~ Newspapers Of The Past
Chapter 9 ~ My Cat Died
Chapter 10 ~ Magic Mirror On The Wall
Chapter 11 ~ The Hunter
Chapter 12 ~ Kiss Me, Kill Me
Chapter 13 ~ It's Anything But Fair
Chapter 14 ~ Babe, I'm The Least Of Your Problems
Chapter 15 ~ Not An Everyday Occurrence
Chapter 16 ~ Tired Of Secrets
Chapter 17 ~ As Crazy As It Seems
Chapter 18 ~ The Rescue Plan
Chapter 19 ~ Change Of Plans
Chapter 20 ~ We All Fall Down
Chapter 21 ~ Still Falling
Chapter 22 ~ Betrayals
Chapter 23 ~ Would You Rather
Chapter 24 ~ Guardian Angel
Chapter 26 ~ Setting Things Right
Chapter 27 ~ Changes
Chapter 28 ~ Open Your Eyes
Chapter 29 ~ Safe
Chapter 30 ~ The Truth
Epilogue

Chapter 25 ~ Forgot To Mention

265 5 2
By mebby88

Pure Hope ~ Chapter 25 ~ Forgot To Mention

Recap: (Bliss’s P.O.V.) “I’ve been watching over you for a long time. I’m your guardian angel but I don’t just watch over you. I’m also Dylan’s guardian angel,” Lucas told me. “Dylan is alive. He’s different though, Bliss. He’s changed. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t still help him. You need to go to Hope now.”

“Is she alright? Lucas, you’ve got to tell me that she’s okay!” I shouted, eyes wide.

That was when Hope moved. Her eyes opened, revealing ice blue eyes. She looked at us all in confusion.

“Hope…are you okay?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope’s P.O.V.

I opened my eyes to see Xavier’s light brown eyes. He was obviously concerned with his brow scrunched together & his eyes wide. That was when I realized I was in his arms.

I wondered if I was dreaming as I took in my surroundings. We were outside! The sky was dark, the only light was from the moon.

“Hope…are you okay?” Xavier asked, his voice a little shaky.

I frowned, blinking a couple times. How did I get here? Wherever here was… “Where am I?” I heard myself say.

My eyes widened when Ambition popped into my view. Mom was also suddenly there, too. “You’re outside of Bree’s cottage. What do you remember?” Ambition said.

Bree? Who the hell was Bree? I stared at the three of them. Maybe they’d gone crazy? “I have no idea what you’re talking about-” I began.

Ambition cut me off. “What do you remember?”

I thought back, trying to remember. To my annoyance I had a headache. The last thing I remembered was Dean. Something about Dean… But what was it? I concentrated even more, wanting to remember.

“Uh…” I said, biting my lower lip. Then it came to me! I’d met Dean in the park & he…he kissed me! That was right after I went to see the Hunter. I blushed when I remembered what Xavier had told me. I was still in his arms & he’d told me that he loved me! What was I doing here? “What are we doing here? The last thing I remember was Dean-” I broke off, realizing that I shouldn’t say Dean kissed me. “Dean & I were in the park.”

“Park? What park?” Ambition demanded. I glared at him for being so impatient & pushy.

“Yeah! I met up with Dean when I told you I’d be at Rose’s.” Oh…busted. I probably should have said that. “You told me that Skyler & Xavier got in a fight,” I said, narrowing my eyes at Xavier.

Xavier looked a little guilty but also confused.

Ambition furrowed his eyebrows. “Wait…that was before you went missing…”

“That was right before Dean turned you into a vampire!” Mom gasped.

Vampire? Now I knew they all had gone insane.

Bliss’s P.O.V.

Suddenly everything made sense. Hope wasn’t a vampire anymore but that meant that her memory as a vampire was gone.

As Ambition & Xavier filled Hope in on everything that was happening, my attention went to the still passed out Dean. Dean had been a vampire since 1954. If his vampire memory was gone then…

My eyes widened when Dean let out a groan. I jumped when his eyes opened. He slowly sat up, staring at me in confusion. He looked around, his confusion never leaving his face. When he spoke his voice was soft. “Gabrielle?”

No one had time to say anything before Bree stormed out of her cottage, Matt right behind her.

Matt looked like something out of a horror film. His body was rotting & the smell made me gag. He had a venomous expression, looking like he wanted to attack anything that got in his way. What surprised me was that his horrible mood seemed to be directed at Bree.

Bree made her way over to Dean who was sitting on the ground against her cottage. “Dean, I know how confused you must be. I’ll explain everything, alright?” she said, her voice a gentle lull.

Dean’s small breaths came faster as he took in Bree’s appearance. I guessed that he recognized Bree. It clearly scared him. The last time he saw her was in 1954 when he called her Gabrielle & she didn’t have grey hair.

“Don’t be afraid,” Bree said, holding out a hand. “I’ll explain everything.”

Matt’s P.O.V.

I didn’t have any feeling of my body, but if I did I was sure I’d feel nauseous. Dean took Bree’s hand & stood up. He looked confused. He was a completely different person. Because of Bree’s spell, he didn’t remember me. He didn’t hate me because of the cliff incident anymore, he’d never remember why he hated me. He’d never know that I was sorry.

My gaze went to Bree & hatred filled my body. Dean’s earlier words finally made sense. Bree was always playing a game. All she ever cared about was getting Dean back. She had both good & evil in her. She created The Hunger but now she really was helping us. But now she had what she wanted all along. She had Dean in the palm of her hand & it made me sick.

Bree never cared about me. Our earlier conversation before we found out Hope was human was still fresh in my mind.

Bree & I were the only ones in her cottage. The others were outside, waiting by Hope & Dean’s side while they changed back into humans.

“Why do you care so much about Dean?” I asked. She always acted different around him. There was always something about her that lit up whenever Dean was around. I didn’t like it at all.

Bree raised her thin eyebrows, looking at me curiously. “What kind of a question is that, Matty?” I couldn’t remember the last time she called me Matty. Even after our years of friendship, she usually called me Daze.

“He won’t trust you anymore than he already does when he’s human. You don’t actually think Dean will forgive you, right?”

Bree sighed. “He won’t forgive me because they’ll be nothing to forgive.”

“What do you mean?” I had a feeling she wasn’t telling me something. Bree was always like that, mysterious & unpredictable. I liked that about her.

“When Dean wakes up, he won’t remember anything that happened while he was a vampire. Same as Hope,” she said. I stared at her, my mouth might have dropped. “I’ll explain what happened but he won’t be as mad. He’ll forgive me in a heartbeat.”

“You forgot to mention that part of the spell,” I muttered, sneering & gritting my teeth. That was Bree for you, always finding a way to bend the rules. I realized that she’d get what she wanted. Dean would forgive her & she would find a way to get everything else she wants. Who knows, maybe she knew a spell to make her young & beautiful again. Then Bree & Dean could run away in the sunset or some other fairytale crap ending. I would still be a zombie, dead & rotting. I was nothing to her.

Before I could say anything else, Bree’s eyes widened. She looked at me, a small smile playing at her lips. “He’s awake.”

I couldn’t say anything, my mouth wouldn’t open or form any words. All I did was follow her outside. I watched as she made her way over to a confused Dean.

When my eyes met with Dean’s, there was nothing. No recognition. No happiness or even anger. Nothing at all.

Hope’s P.O.V.

Ambition & Xavier explain everything to me. & I really mean everything. It was a lot of information to take in all at once. What they told me should have made absolutely no sense. But I believed them.

Apparently, we needed to save the world. The Hunter was going to let loose this army of zombies called The Hunger & kill everyone. The Hunter, this power hungry evil man was also my grandfather. That was pretty hard to believe, but I figure that Ambition & Xavier wouldn’t joke at a time like this. I hoped they wouldn’t at least.

“Wait, tell me again, how are we going to stop The Hunger?” I asked.

“With spirits,” replied Xavier.

Oh yeah, the spirits were going to help us because mom has connections with a spirit. I wanted to laugh at all of the craziness but I figured I shouldn’t.

“Don’t we need some kind of plan? You know, after all of the zombies die? How are we going to stop The Hunter?” I demanded.

Ambition opened his mouth to answer but mom cut him off. “We can’t stop The Hunter until the 1954 spell is lifted. So, in other words, we can’t do anything about him right now. Right now we need to kill off his army of zombies.”

My eyes widened. “B-But he’ll kill us! He won’t just sit back & watch us take down his army!” I said. After I said the words, I realize just how scared I was. I envied my mother. She was never afraid of anything! She didn’t seem even a little shaken up.

“That’s why we’ll avoid him.” Maybe she could see my fear from meeting my gaze or maybe it was just motherly instincts kicking in, but whatever the reason, mom put a comforting hand on my shoulder & said, “Everything will work out. After today ends, we’ll go home & things will go back to normal. You kids won’t have to deal with this anymore. I’ll let you have a party if you want.” She smiled, patting my shoulder.

Her words were comforting but I knew I wouldn’t have a freaking party! How could I party? How would I concentrate in school? & go back to normal? Everything was different now.

I wondered how people were doing back home. Ambition had told me that everyone was looking for me, thinking I was kidnapped. Rose was probably loosing her mind. I wondered what Skyler was feeling.

Oh my god, Skyler! I didn’t want to think about dealing with him. I would eventually have to break up with him…

“What about Heart?” I frowned, trying to figure out whose voice that was. My eyes landed on the zombie boy. Matt was his name, I thought. I couldn’t remember what Ambition & Xavier told me about him.

Mom’s jaw clenched as she looked at Matt. “I’ll find Dylan in the Hunter’s hideout. I know he’s alive & I’m going to save him. I’ll go in to look for him after all of The Hunger are gone,” she said.

I would have to ask more about this Dylan guy at a better time.

A new voice joined the conversation. “You five need to leave now.” Her name was Bree if I remembered correctly. She was helping Dean to his feet.

That was when the chaos began. It sounded like thunder. A boom in the sky & then the sky was filled with light. It wasn’t light from the sunset. I had no idea what was happening. Fear ran through my body.

“The Hunger are rising,” Matt said in a singsong voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, so I’m not fond of this chapter. I re-wrote it & changed parts of it because it sounded weird to me. I hope that it sounded okay! I’m really getting excited, though! The part that I’ve been wanting to write is getting close! I don’t know how many more chapters…maybe two or three? I bet you could guess what part it is that I’m excited about! But I’m not giving away any hints. So, I’m finally out of school for the Summer! *Happy dance* & this story is kinda almost finished. I’m not exactly sure how I’ll end it or how many more chapters there will be. So, back to THIS chapter! Any question? Comments? Concerns?

……..Comment……Vote……if you love it! ;)

So, I thought I’d start telling you about an AMAZING Wattpad story at the end of each chapter cause I’m reading like twenty! My FAVORITE Wattpad story is actually completed & has a sequel. It’s called, The Lost Boys & is by liliancarmine. I read this book as fast as humanly possible! It’s about the supernatural, love, music, & friendship. If you haven’t read it, go read it now! :D

~Mebby88

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

A Royal Ryde By LadyRosabella

Historical Fiction

78K 4.4K 18
Stefon J. Ridry- aka- Jude S. Rydir is a man who relies on no one and nothing. Life and people ( his family) has taught him that you can trust no on...
5.4K 129 21
Jade lived a normal life until she turned thirteen. Then she learned the truth of her heritage. She finds love, but will it be destroyed? A horrible...
941 155 73
Meadow Collins was a shut-in high schooler that secretly loved to party behind her mother's back, but one night-as she waited in line at her local cl...
1.6M 36.6K 33
THIS STORY IS GOING TO BE EDITED! IF YOU HAVE ALL READY READ THIS STORY I SUGGEST YOU JUST ARCHIVE IT BECAUSE I WILL CHANGE LOTS OF THINGS IN IT! ALS...